Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made?  (Read 96994 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:46:10 AM

My worst decision currently this 2017 is i tried to gamble in sports because i had this favorite team and they are once strong and i bet half of my Bitcoin the outcome was the opposite of what i am expecting so i am still disappoint until now because my team loss and my Bitcoin is decreased to 50%.

ouch. well that's gambling dude. It could've gone both ways though and you placed your bet on your favorite team. even if sports betting is one of the most secure ways to earn in gambling because of a lot of things you can analyze, there's still the prospect and possibilities of upsets but that's life dude. that happened to me a lot of times already though I can say that i've earned more than what i've lost

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Dizaster2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:52:36 AM

My worst decision is that at the very beginning I wanted to earn a lot of money and lost a lot of money in gambling.
ipungadhi

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:21:26 AM

My biggest mistake was to hold for so long. Now they were all stolen(, and the remaining 4BTC wallet identifier is lost). But I DON*T GIVE A FUCK.
Lol I think it's not a problem to store bitcoin in a long time. Because that would be beneficial as a long-term investment. Your problem is on the security of your wallet

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:55:59 AM

My worst mistake with bitcoin as well the digital currency network is wasting of precious time due to lack of understanding. I came to know about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies years back, and planned to invest last year starting but due to some negativity dropped the plan, for the same I feel bad. This year starting I started using it.

I have also been in that road before. I was so doubtful of bitcoins and I have ignored it but last 2014 I have heard that bitcoins price was very high and a bitcoin exchange was being established in our country. Its too late since if I have took bitcoin seriously  then I would be enjoying huge profit in todays time like my friends. But it is not too late to engage in bitcoin and that is why I am doing online jobs to earn bitcoin.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:22:02 PM

The only worst decision I made is not to work towards earning Bitcoins, I asked my payments in USD when I could have got Bitcoin in the early years, I dont regret it as I started early to accept Bitcoin than many others. But could have accepted earlier.
Fizamcc

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

My biggest mistake was to hold for so long. Now they were all stolen(, and the remaining 4BTC wallet identifier is lost). But I DON*T GIVE A FUCK.
Lol I think it's not a problem to store bitcoin in a long time. Because that would be beneficial as a long-term investment. Your problem is on the security of your wallet

Yes, long-term storage can bring much more profit due to the constant price increase, and this is only good.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:18:37 PM

Three weeks ago I converted my Bitcoin when it reached the $1265 level...after listening to a friend's analysis that Bitcoin will fall due to the announcement from Bitfinex that they stopped accepting cash deposits due to their banking issues. Sad that instead of withdrawing in value Bitcoin instead made a big rally and is now heading to the $1600 level. Correction can be due but I already lost some money. I can feel that am not really so lucky with Bitcoin conversion and should have just left it in my wallet.

Sorry for you but don't feel so sad because if you have made a profit even at $1265 then be happy that you made some money and you did not lost them.

We can't predict when the price will be increased or not because we can't affect it but big exchanges are doing it.
It is true that we can’t predict when the price is going to go up or not, so that is why for people who are trying to make profit from selling bitcoin should always have some saved just in case they make the wrong decision of selling before the next price fork, but look at the bright side you could always catch up again and you did make some profit from it.

nmaryrai

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

My worst decision in bitcoin is, make a bitcoin purchase using fiat. Then I was all in dice gambling site with just one click, everything went away.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:53:15 PM

Not properly looking into bitcoin when I first heard about it around januari 2011 and forgetting about it for almost 2 years...
Those would have been some cheap coins...
Almost the same. Not listening to my friend at first when he was trying to explain and introduce bitcoin to me and all i was thinking was "yeah yeah, but never will try that bitcoin thingy" and yes, one day I ate all what I have said because I come to think of it that there's nothing wrong with trying it. Maybe if I already tried it also a long time i've bought those low price coins huhu.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

The only regret i do have were to trust into hyip, and invest even for fun over them. Outside those i made some bad investments like i had joined a coin in the midle of the pump, i becamed a greedy person and expected my return to became bigger, went sleep and i were loosing 20%, and i let it for 3 days result were i lost 0,15 btc with one single coin.
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:36:54 PM

I only regret that i didnt save all the bitcoins i got during 2013 and rather used it on some ventures which later proved unprofitable, I am certain if i had saved them, i would  have been considerably richer at the moment seeing how bitcoins is soaring through the roof.

VINSIN

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:46:08 PM

Last year I sold 2 coins for just 640$. I never had so many but when I do see the price now I don't know what to say more.

In early 2012 I had 56 coins in my bitcoind. I sold them for a old steam account, now i have invested in some altcoins but I don't know if i will win or lose. Let's see and maybe after a few years I will come back and I will reply to this topic if I did it good or bad.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Jantapw
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:48:04 PM

selling most of them at 400-500  Cry
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:17:33 PM

My worst bitcoin desicion I've ever made was not buying enough bitcoins when it's price was low, spending them all on gambling sites expecting to multiply them quickly, and there'a a time that I need money though it's so hard for me to sell it but I have no choice anyway. Selling your bitcoins make you lose the opportunity to earn more. So yeah, lesson learned!Now I have enough money to buy more and hold it for good.  Smiley
This might be a decision that everyone would consider as stupid as every had a choice to buy bitcoin at a very low price and when you loose the opportunity there is nothing that can be done and that is the case with all the stocks,if you are not sure what the future of the product is ,it is always a good sign not to force things and enter.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:09:01 PM

I have made several bad decisions. I decided to stay away from bitcoin when I was invited for a friend to get some coins five years ago, when it was very cheap but I did not believe it was a good investment. And recently I decided to sell 80% of my coins at $1250, expecting a great correction to $800 in order to buy more. Sad
genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:46:11 PM

I only regret that i didnt save all the bitcoins i got during 2013 and rather used it on some ventures which later proved unprofitable, I am certain if i had saved them, i would  have been considerably richer at the moment seeing how bitcoins is soaring through the roof.
I the same with you friend, I also ever use my bitcoin to invet in trading. I bought an altcoin which doesnt have good fundamentals, I am very novice trader at that time. But now, I have a litle skill of trading so I manage my capital and only choose only good altcoin and some time I get profit in trading although sometime I am loose money too.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:43:25 AM

I the same with you friend, I also ever use my bitcoin to invet in trading. I bought an altcoin which doesnt have good fundamentals, I am very novice trader at that time. But now, I have a litle skill of trading so I manage my capital and only choose only good altcoin and some time I get profit in trading although sometime I am loose money too.
That is one of the most common mistake of a newbie in their start up journey because they buy a lot of cheap altcoins because they believe and stick to the principle of buying low selling high but they didn't mind the other things to consider like the progress of the team and the support of the coin and also if the whole community is still active and supporting the coin. It is all right if you made mistakes like that because it will make you a better trader.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:51:24 AM

I think if you have good wallet security and have a wallet backup (keep watch when you forget the identifer). As long as whatever you keep the bitcoin will remain safe
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:54:04 AM

Today many people rely on bitcoin, in the sense that they are now focusing on the world of cryptocurrency, leaving their jobs

Is there something like this, is there any special tips because i want to focus but not yet dare?

I think it's not a problem to make money from bitcoin. But do not be stupid by getting out of your main job and focusing on bitcoin. Because it will be at risk. It's better to use bitcoin as a work option
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:43:53 PM

My bitcoin was also stolen, but I kept it in a short time. The point is not how long you keep your bitcoin. But you should be able to keep your wallet safe. Such as adding authentication. It will get better
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: