Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made?  (Read 97000 times)
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

My worst bitcoin decision I ever made was spend it every in gambling. I wasn't really fully aware what bitcoin was all about I thought it's just a coin where I can use it in gambling site.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:38:54 PM

My worst decision was definitely getting in BTC to slowly in faucets. I took to many months to learn and understand the potencial. Lost time and saw BTC go from 600 to 1000 before going in harder. So now, if i have the funds i dont expect to get BTC at very low value. i just buy it.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
panzerdeni

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:55:26 AM

Buying to little when it was cheap... And not investing in mining when it was profitable. Listening to my mom that it is some scam / joke that no body gets rich and not listen to my dad to invest. And after that my mom says: I never said that !
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:05:41 AM

Buying to little when it was cheap... And not investing in mining when it was profitable. Listening to my mom that it is some scam / joke that no body gets rich and not listen to my dad to invest. And after that my mom says: I never said that !
It is so frustrating to miss those kinds of opportunities and you should just take the risk and ignore the negative people because if you know from your heart that bitcoin is something to not ignore then don't ignore it and just trust yourself and only invest what you can afford to lose then it will be okay. Sometimes those people who said negative things are not capable in improving their life and they are just contented but the lesson is, we should not be like them.
panzerdeni

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:29:01 PM

It is so frustrating to miss those kinds of opportunities and you should just take the risk and ignore the negative people because if you know from your heart that bitcoin is something to not ignore then don't ignore it and just trust yourself and only invest what you can afford to lose then it will be okay. Sometimes those people who said negative things are not capable in improving their life and they are just contented but the lesson is, we should not be like them.

I know you just drew my mother in words. I hate people saying I cannot do something this or that. This is (bs) you can aways find a way and opportunity to fight and do what you want. Please if any one is reading this if you have dream go and get it. It is your life and you are your own boss / god. The youngsters who say that are stupid and stuff don't say it you are just a pot with dirt you can grow what you want, something poison or something beautiful. The only things that stops you is your own mind and the no sayers Smiley.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:29:39 PM

This often happens to me. I get influenced by the people around me. They don't know anything about these investments. I always ask a second opinion from other people about almost every decision and most of the time, I wish that I had followed my instinct and trusted my knowledge instead. This is why I learned to never trust people when they don't know anything about the topic and do my own research.

Honestly, always trust yourself on everything. Stop doubting yourself. Believe in your knowledge and skills. Everyone that's saying you can't do it or you're making the wrong decision probably have made a lot of wrong decisions throughout their lives so they expect other people to be like them as well.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

panzerdeni

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:02:37 PM

This often happens to me. I get influenced by the people around me. They don't know anything about these investments. I always ask a second opinion from other people about almost every decision and most of the time, I wish that I had followed my instinct and trusted my knowledge instead. This is why I learned to never trust people when they don't know anything about the topic and do my own research.

Honestly, always trust yourself on everything. Stop doubting yourself. Believe in your knowledge and skills. Everyone that's saying you can't do it or you're making the wrong decision probably have made a lot of wrong decisions throughout their lives so they expect other people to be like them as well.

Yea this is really true. A lot of people say this is bad decision for you but if you watch at them they make a lot worst mistakes...
I don't really trust my self this is my only problem. I don't know if any one would believe me but I had a dream about XRP.
It was around of March. I have the habit to check prices of Altcoins on MarketCap every night before I go to bed.
A lot of times I dream about money running dead people and flying.
So as I said around March this year I dreamed about XRP. The dream said the price of Total Crypto Market Cap will be above 60b$ and XRP will Trade above 0.10$ piece and will go up. And a couple of weeks later you can see what happen.
The price was around 0.03$ at the time. Calculate profit Smiley. I entered some days later but any way.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:47:50 PM

Im not sure wich one had been the worse, if the fact i sold some bitcoins at 300 dollars or when i had lost 0,25btc doing trade with altcoins, or join some pump when the dump were starting, the thing is for me any of those could be the worse, but well i did learn from those mistakes.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:45:03 PM

My worst decision on bitcoin when i bought bitcoin on high price then a couple of hours the price went down and as a result i panic and sell it even i will lose a lot of investment. That's a newbie mistake from the past and it happens long time ago but now i learn a lot from that.
I think nobody knows when bitcoin prices will go down. So it's a natural thing when you buy and then the price goes down. As is the case today. Many people are losing because the price drops very quickly

well you kinda can guess it because for example right now there was a huge bubble not a long time ago. Then the price dropped a little bit and right now it is coming back again. I can almost bet that it is going to go down right now to like 1500 dollars and I wouldn't be surprised at all. The price was going up way too much and too fast.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:12:11 PM

My worst decision on bitcoin when i bought bitcoin on high price then a couple of hours the price went down and as a result i panic and sell it even i will lose a lot of investment. That's a newbie mistake from the past and it happens long time ago but now i learn a lot from that.
I think nobody knows when bitcoin prices will go down. So it's a natural thing when you buy and then the price goes down. As is the case today. Many people are losing because the price drops very quickly

well you kinda can guess it because for example right now there was a huge bubble not a long time ago. Then the price dropped a little bit and right now it is coming back again. I can almost bet that it is going to go down right now to like 1500 dollars and I wouldn't be surprised at all. The price was going up way too much and too fast.
They are not losing money because of the price drops its when they sell it at a loss that's what making them lose money. A common newbie mistake is they always sell when their investment goes below to the price of what they bought which is always a bad idea for your capital. If you are really looking for the intention of earning more money with Bitcoin you can either buy more at a low price or hold your position until you see a gain in your portfolio. In order to profit you must learn how to sit and wait.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:51:25 PM

these people if having their bitcoin tll now then they will be happy because the price of bitcoin is once again rising. At that time I was have some money to buy bitcoin but I late and was unable to buy enough and that was my worst decision to wait a little more as now the price increasing again. Still I have time I will try to buy.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:45:14 AM

these people if having their bitcoin tll now then they will be happy because the price of bitcoin is once again rising. At that time I was have some money to buy bitcoin but I late and was unable to buy enough and that was my worst decision to wait a little more as now the price increasing again. Still I have time I will try to buy.

That's a common mistake that i think all of us went through during our beginner days with trades. I admit that sometimes i still commit the same mistake with lesser known altcoins. Though through this we would learn to be less anxious next time and to stay calm when trading because it's sure as hell would be problematic if you always panic sell

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:24:34 AM

It is good for you than for me converting bitcoins into fiat then all of a sudden bitcoins price go up and up until $2700 i was able to sold at $1400 that time when the news says after i sold that the pump of bitcoins price is due to the japanese promotions and acceptance of bitcoins well its too late for me to buy again. It is only lesson learn to hold and hold as i can dont go with some fluctuations.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Wapfika

Activity: 1302
Merit: 566

Bitcoin makes the world go 🔃

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:53:47 AM

It is good for you than for me converting bitcoins into fiat then all of a sudden bitcoins price go up and up until $2700 i was able to sold at $1400 that time when the news says after i sold that the pump of bitcoins price is due to the japanese promotions and acceptance of bitcoins well its too late for me to buy again. It is only lesson learn to hold and hold as i can dont go with some fluctuations.

After that pump happens a crash on the midnight I was about to convert my fiat but i just hold it then in the morning it decreases a lot which I regret since i need cash that time.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 02:37:07 PM

My only regret is not spending my life savings on Bitcoin back when I first learned about it, when it was going for $15 a piece.

Oh well.
I think one of the biggest regret everyone will have about bitcoin is to not have the courage to be brave enough to try bitcoin the first ever time they heard about it. Good thing I change my mind the second time my cousin brought up to me bitcoin. Not have 2nd thoughts of hearing about it, absorbing and trying to learn its basics. So yeah im glad im using bitcoin now.
OliynyK

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:00:57 PM

There are many worst decisions i made in my small time with bitcoin,the first time i started it,i installed core and purchased some coins in the wallet address and since it was talking a very long time,i uninstalled it and installed a light weight wallet and the sad part is i did not have the private keys because i did not generate it and saved the dot dat file but on moving that to light wallet it was showing error after another while trying to open that and since the coins i purchased was around $300 for a bitcoin i just moved on with it and with the current price it is a huge amount now,that was a mistake from my part.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:04:43 PM

My only regret is not spending my life savings on Bitcoin back when I first learned about it, when it was going for $15 a piece.

Oh well.
I think one of the biggest regret everyone will have about bitcoin is to not have the courage to be brave enough to try bitcoin the first ever time they heard about it. Good thing I change my mind the second time my cousin brought up to me bitcoin. Not have 2nd thoughts of hearing about it, absorbing and trying to learn its basics. So yeah im glad im using bitcoin now.

Everyone seems like have the same story.  Story of not having enough courage to try a crypto currency the first time they have heard about it.  It is usual for everyone to feel afraid because of the scam issue we saw everyday on the web.  And also we do not want that our effort be put to nothing.  So just like you, I am really glad that I tried it when my friend told me to do so.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:32:35 PM

I could see this thread 10 years from now with people saying..."my biggest bitcoin mistake was selling at $2800-$2900."    How crazy would that be?

So many people got in at the right time, but then sold at an all time high of like $250, and then $500, and then $1200, instead of holding long...

I did that with ETH.  Got in super cheap, still made a good profit, but not nearly what I would have had now obviously...
passwordnow

Activity: 2982
Merit: 572

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:35:00 PM

I could see this thread 10 years from now with people saying..."my biggest bitcoin mistake was selling at $2800-$2900."    How crazy would that be?

So many people got in at the right time, but then sold at an all time high of like $250, and then $500, and then $1200, instead of holding long...

I did that with ETH.  Got in super cheap, still made a good profit, but not nearly what I would have had now obviously...

The same regrets, I have my worst decision that was made for selling it lower but I'm pretty sure there were so many holders out there before that sold a lot of their bitcoins at lower price. In my case, I sold few of my holding earlier and though I regret it. I learned from it and I will keep on holding until the day of bitcoins price skyrocket.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:48:36 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 12:12:08 AM by UCHCHILD

Well I am.so disappointed to myself when I realize that I can have bitcoin to the first time I heard it and I just ignored buying it since I can I afford it that time but now oh my, the price is so high and I cannot afford to buy even just one bitcoin that is so sad and I am so down and think that if I can go back at the time I heard it and buy some of it.
So I advice to some of my friends that if they can buy now better buy than feel regret in the middle like what happened to me.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: