Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made?  (Read 96993 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:33:29 AM

It just happened, selling all my bitcoins before the fork started because i read a article about the bad affect of the fork and it will makes the bitcoins price fall. Because of that i can earn free bucks from bitcoin cash, stupid me following that article. So guys, be smart don't be like me.
I also done the same thing like you, i sold all my bitcoins before the fork because i don't believe that the fork is a good thing for bitcoin that it can boost the price and i am not informed about the free bitcoin cash because i'm just thinking that bitcoin is having a hard fork that will only improves its block size so i sold all my bitcoins that was around 10-15 bitcoins and i also lost the free money from bitcoin cash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:46:39 AM

It just happened, selling all my bitcoins before the fork started because i read a article about the bad affect of the fork and it will makes the bitcoins price fall. Because of that i can earn free bucks from bitcoin cash, stupid me following that article. So guys, be smart don't be like me.
I also done the same thing like you, i sold all my bitcoins before the fork because i don't believe that the fork is a good thing for bitcoin that it can boost the price and i am not informed about the free bitcoin cash because i'm just thinking that bitcoin is having a hard fork that will only improves its block size so i sold all my bitcoins that was around 10-15 bitcoins and i also lost the free money from bitcoin cash.
wow that's a huge free money if you just hold it up that's bad since most of us really thinks that this fork will pull down the value of btc and this bch thing are only for those who understand deeply, I got some btc too but not that much so I didn't feel the free money inside my electrum wallet.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:34:30 AM

The mistake I've ever done is to sell bitcoins at a cheap price, it's in a shambles to get some cash.
ymirymir

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:42:42 AM

Summer 2012. Diablo 3. I bought in game gold with bitcoin @ $3/btc - Spent 90 coins for 500 million in game gold.

IGG = 35 cents / million now.

I lose.

/wrist

The worst bitcoin decision I've made so far was when i first knew it only costs $500. I wish I should've invested that time. I became active just a year ago. I could've earned a lot when I focused at that time.
vok-wok_hok

Activity: 184

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:52:21 AM

The biggest mistake with bitcoins is when I wanted to earn a lot and went to gambling, but under emotions could not control the situation and eventually lost all the bitcoins.

Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:57:45 PM

Summer 2012. Diablo 3. I bought in game gold with bitcoin @ $3/btc - Spent 90 coins for 500 million in game gold.

I lose.

/wrist

Having bitcoin, selling and buying. It is like a game that no one can take control unleds you've mastered it. My worst bitcoin decision is that I've sold my bitcoin within the range of 100k but then after the price range become 150k. I think I've lost a big part of my money.
richpress

Activity: 225

Sr. Web Developer / Msg for work inquiries

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:54:48 PM

The biggest mistake with bitcoins is when I wanted to earn a lot and went to gambling, but under emotions could not control the situation and eventually lost all the bitcoins.

Oh man, bitcoin and crypto in itself is a big gamble for me, to gamble with that is a huge rush i couldn't of taken it well.
Don't be hard on yourself, just make sure to learn from the mistakes and it's all gonna be alright.
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:19:08 PM

So far i am very happy with my bitcoin decisions. I only sold when i absolutely had to.

It was hard sometimes but it turned out to be great so far.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:55:21 PM

I lose.

/wrist

The worst bitcoin decision I've made so far was when i first knew it only costs $500. I wish I should've invested that time. I became active just a year ago. I could've earned a lot when I focused at that time.
You are definitely right that was  the biggest worst decision of you about bitcoin because when you had buy it that time in 500$ then you are nowaday very millionaire and more rich person, but that is your misfortunes that you missed that opportunity and didn't give it focused .
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:06:49 PM

Worst decisions are that when you sell in panic or too low.
From my perspective there is allways chnce to win big but you need make GOOD reserch and have some luck.
I lost my fist few BTCs in some kind digital companies.... then it wasn;t tokens to sell .
Now probably like 90% of token will turn out to be 100% scams but who knows.
My worst decisions were to sold to early or never sold... this is so hard guys to aim that TOP : D

Same happen with me last month. I sold half a bitcoin last month which price was near 2400$. People were claiming that bitcoin price will go further down due to hardfork and i had no control over my emotions and thought to sale portion of the coin. Had i not sold that time, i could have got a lot of more profits by now as price is almost 30% rise of what it was in july.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:30:53 PM

Unloading all of your bitcoin immediately prior to August 1st would have been a major mistake that hopefully none of us made.   I know there was a ton of uncertainty rolling in to 8/1 but looking back at it (logically speaking), we should have all been able to predict that there would have been a secondary currency created, and that there wasn't much potential downside to holding both. 

I think worst case scenario, the price could have pulled back, or it could have acted like a stock split, and split the value into 50/50.  Hedging your risk and taking some profit off of the table prior to 8/1 is one thing, but selling ALL of your holdings (like I saw some people talking about doing), would have been a huge mistake.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:59:12 PM

Just read all the replies on the first page which were posted in 2013 the price was at $40 after the mt gox hack. People were regretting that they were not able to purchase it in cents but they would have committed suicide by realizing that $40 was still a really good time to purchase.
For me the most regretful decision would be for selling my coins at $1400. I didn't sell everything the only thing i regret was i didn't utilise those money which i sold and later i realised if i didn't sell it i could have got more profit from holding bitcoin rather than investing it.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:33:16 PM

Just read all the replies on the first page which were posted in 2013 the price was at $40 after the mt gox hack. People were regretting that they were not able to purchase it in cents but they would have committed suicide by realizing that $40 was still a really good time to purchase.
For me the most regretful decision would be for selling my coins at $1400. I didn't sell everything the only thing i regret was i didn't utilise those money which i sold and later i realised if i didn't sell it i could have got more profit from holding bitcoin rather than investing it.

Yeah that is a bummer.   I have come to learn that I have regretted selling any coin at any time since the start of cryptocurrencies.  I have made some profitable day trades when the conversion or pairing ratios have been good between BTC/LTC or BTC/ETH, but on the whole, I would have definitely done better in the long haul just holding onto every single coin of every single type that I have ever purchase or received from the sale of a good.

That is why I am a big proponent of just holding everything you can and be as diversified as you can (in case one coin kicks the bucket), unless you absolutely need the money at the time to support yourself of your family.  Selling coins so that you can purchase some sort of gadget, toy, gambling...anything like that will almost certainly leave you regretting it.   Maybe you timed it just right for today...like if you sold at $3500+ and the price is now in the $3300s...but years from now, you will more than likely wish you hadn't sold.
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:13:55 PM

My worst decision is that hearing about Btc and not investing in it.
I was putting all my money in glambling because I am a huge fan of football.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:47:42 PM

I lose.

/wrist

Having bitcoin, selling and buying. It is like a game that no one can take control unleds you've mastered it. My worst bitcoin decision is that I've sold my bitcoin within the range of 100k but then after the price range become 150k. I think I've lost a big part of my money.
that is right but i think some time people take a wrong decision may be due  to pani or any other reason but in fact we take a wrong decision and then we lament for that. to me i also sold some coin in previous days but now i am really feeling bad for my that decision. and i think that is the  worst mistake that i every take in bitcoin.
jahead

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

Worst decision was not to invest in crypocurrency when i heard the first time years ago!  Undecided
like very often for people it seemed to be t complicated to buy/sell/trade etc. a very "complex" issue for many people.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:46:03 PM

My worst decision is that hearing about Btc and not investing in it.
I was putting all my money in glambling because I am a huge fan of football.
Don't invest your bitcoin with just gambling either you're a big fan of football tey to learn more about trading and dont rely with gambling because it can be wreck your life the worst thing i do is when i all in my hitcoin to gambling and i bet all with single bet and lose evertything hahaha
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:53:18 PM

Worst decision was not to invest in crypocurrency when i heard the first time years ago!  Undecided
like very often for people it seemed to be t complicated to buy/sell/trade etc. a very "complex" issue for many people.
The difference is I know bitcoin and then immediately interested in bitcoin, and I also had time to buy bitcoin at cheap prices but my mistake is to sell all my bitcoin at the price of $ 1000. If I keep it and sell at this time of course I'm already very rich, unfortunately all my bitcoin I sold in a few years ago, is very unfortunate
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:06:09 AM

not buying some coins and hitting up faucets when I first learned about them.  Back when the Bitcoin cross country roadtrip took place.  Not sure what the price was but I know it was crazy low.  I could have bought in and not really cared where it went and could have made some nice money.

I spent all my time researching what I thought was a great idea but hesitated and lost interest and obviously a great investment that would have made me a very happy person right now.  
Just like you when I am new on bitcoin I do not consider on buying bitcoin because I just take my time on finding ways to earn bitcoin. When the time I become aware on bitcointalk a forum where you can speculate and share ideas and information to other through posting and replying to topic that is related to bitcoin and trading or investment I start on applying signature campaign where you post to earn. When I earn om bitcoin I not consider buying bitcoin anymore. The common decision that may people regret on is not trusting bitcoin when its price is just low because if we invest on bitcoin before the time it s hit and pump until now we may earn more bitcoin and can invest more now.

The worse decision i made for now was joining an in investment using bitcoins. I try to invest by joining a website promising earning up to 25% a month. Inspite of warnings from my friends & relatives that it may be a scam or they could it ponzi still ignore them and join the site. After 3 months all of my bitcoins investment and supposedly earnings are all gone. Now my friends and relatives are bullying me so leasoned learn must be becarefull next time.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 01:47:46 AM

I bought bitcoin to invest it in a cloud mining site believing that it would be my get rich quick scheme. Well, I was so naive and then after almost a month, the site suddenly goes offline with all my dreams of getting rich broken. I research after that and then stumble in this site and then found ways to earn through hard work because it is the way to success!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: