Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 05:11:11 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering PayPal for Bitcoin? You're likely to be labeled a scammer - Read why  (Read 27819 times)
SilentFlute

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

With all the cryptocoins being sold on ebay, paid via Paypal, i'd have thought that they would seem to have accepted its trade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiningUnited

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:56:47 AM

If you sell with PayPal, they will catch you:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194646.0
SilentFlute

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:25:53 PM

I hear that cryptocoins aren't officially currency, just 'financial instruments'.

Also, doesn't ebay have a 'coins' section where currency is bought and sold, via Paypal.

MiningUnited

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:02:48 PM

Also, doesn't ebay have a 'coins' section where currency is bought and sold, via Paypal.

Coins are physical, BitCoins are not. Selling BitCoins on paper or plastic, sending the buyer a physical item, is not against their ToS.
SilentFlute

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:16:24 PM

Can you sell services via ebay/paypal?

Where the only thing sold is work done?

Aren't bitcoins evidence of work done?
de_xt

Activity: 462

Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:33:40 PM

Wow, I didn't know this. Does the same restriction apply to other online payment systems such as OkPay?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

Can you sell services via ebay/paypal?
Yes, you can have a buyer pay you for a service such as "cutting the grass". The payment must be noted as a service and the details must be included in the transaction notes/info. When PayPal reviews the case, they take this into account. They actually have Seller protection too.

Where the only thing sold is work done?
You could pay for a programmer who writes code.

No, PayPal doesn't look at the Block Chain or anything. Since it is a violation of their policy - it doesn't matter.
eddyfitz

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:32:13 PM

Wow, I didn't know this. Does the same restriction apply to other online payment systems such as OkPay?

I guess yes, since they may have problems with taxation
lilac718

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:56:06 PM

lostatsea

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:06:31 PM

Thanks for posting this.  Seems like buying local is the way to go.  Any suggestions on how to meet in person to buy?   Any smartphone apps that can be used when meeting in person that one could suggest using?
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:49:45 AM

No, not at all.
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:21:08 PM

Thanks for posting this.  Seems like buying local is the way to go.  Any suggestions on how to meet in person to buy?   Any smartphone apps that can be used when meeting in person that one could suggest using?

It seems like you can buy physical bitcoins, and then exchange those in person.  https://www.casascius.com/ offers physical bitcoins (might be sketchy, as I haven't tried).
bruffin1

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:10:14 PM

Paypal is a pain in the ass, i'm hoping alt coins and the likes stabilize and become the new way for transferring funds
SilentFlute

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:12:30 PM

No, not at all.

Yes they are, a pps/pplns pool awards btc for work done.

In fact the whole bitcoin concept is built on rewards for work done.

Unlike fiat currency which can just be printed/minted at will.
1badbullitt

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:25:17 PM

PayPal definitely does not endorse the use of Bitcoin, They won't even offer their insurance on a Bitcoin purchase!
koincollector

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:29:34 PM

Paypal is shit.

CoinLenders - earn interest, get loans (http://coinlenders.com)   ☕ Free bitcoins chatting - CoinChat (http://coinchat.org) ⚠ Ripple is a scam (http://ripplescam.org) 1 BTC raffle - free to enter! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198947.0) You can include your bitcoin address here if you wish
hini

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:15:04 PM

Thanks for the info.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:45:03 PM

This guy makes a living selling BitCoin through PayPal.

His method is how it can correctly be done:

http://www.BitCoinRanger.com

He notified PayPal in advance of what he was doing so that they would work with him, instead of flagging his account.
Taccomc

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:50:38 PM

I made the mistake of using bitcoinranger.com and sending payment through Dwolla, that was over 2 weeks ago and I don't have my $250 in USD or Bitcoins.   Dwolla told me Greg Mathews has my funds, he is claiming its Dwolla's issue.   I won't  use either service again. 

Let's color the MOON: XzB5J9HQSPyfN5goGsqV3D65w4VpeqGNF5
Speratom

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:28:00 AM

Ok Guys. I arrived at this topic a bit late which have costed me around 1500$

So I put BTC on eBay and it got sold within few hours. Buyer paid and his entire information was available with his phone #.

Did a google search and he have around 350+ feedback and confirmed his address. Paid him and every thing went well. he asked for 10 more and he said, he will send through Personal Payment. I read somewhere about scam and though Personal Payments cant be refunded.. But as soon as i sent him 10BTC on top of 1 BTC, he disputed and before i could even take any action, Money was refunded. also the eBay Transaction was disputed. Now i am power Seller /Top Rated seller on eBay and my transaction has got on hold.

I called them and they said, since it was not for purchase they cant do anything !  I called the police and they said, they do not deal with Cyber Crimes :S

I called the person and he got kinda confused and said he has not done anything. He has reported to FBI , Police and they are investing into that which is total crap. I have a tracker which told me that the email was opened from the same location the person is...

Interestingly I have contacts inside Paypal that can be used to investigate the issue. But since it is outside transaction I might be keeping it as last resort.

So I have all the proofs, found his entire info using google search and can buy further information. As of speaking he emailed me saying he has filed a case with FBI and my account has been locked out..

Should I start by telling him about the consequences and giving him sweet warning ?

Any Advises

Secondly, I just got two orders and received payment from them. Is it illegal to sell/purchase on eBay and if not then using eBay guidelines for virtual goods, can I be saved ? Or better I call and confirm ? I have seen few people shipping the paper with code on it. May be thats the reason for doing this ?

P.S If you are reading it, I am coming after you

Hi,

I totally know the feeling but the other way around. I am new to this and was looking for a couple of bitcoins. I like the idea of an online currency, I thought it would be cool to use it on websites and encourage this concept, and mining is beyond me after looking into everything under the sun. I am mining yacoins, wow, but I'll be damned if I manage to buy 1 bitcoin, leave alone an asics. Even got into Second Life but apparently it's not supported anymore.

Then a guy offered to sell some on a chat, (coinchat.org, that is probably a trap for you to register into coinlenders, probably another scam, I don;t know really but I go paranoid now) as soon as he got the money he went totally silent. He actually said "I am going to take a piss, then I send you your coin... (needless to say that this flies only when you are hiding behind your pc at home) I reported it to paypal, but now I have to wait a couple of days before I can escalate it. By that time the guy is long gone.

He gave me a verified paypal address so it looked legit. I was making a test with 40 bucks and lost that, but I could have lost much more had he sent over the first payment I would have gone for more. Thank god I only had to deal with a noobie scammer.

By the way for mining I found a guy that sell his spot with btf from April2012, that too looks like a scam now. Actually after that I really have the feeling that this bitcoin business is too cuthroat, I might be wrong, but so far I thought bitcoin to be the money of the online geeks in fact it turns out to be the money of the online crooks.

Websites go like flies mtgox, miningunites, some others offer crazy stuff like hedge funds in the Caiman Islands in bitcoins, talking a bout 75% ROI... donno, got burned, now I have cold feet.

So far ... very bad experience and ubernercenary behaviors, far worst than with our "real" money because you are not even able to look at people straight in the eyes.

This is the scamming email: peter.harris73@yahoo.com from Australia? or maybe lives nextdoor...

Sent to:Peter Harris (The recipient of this payment is Non-US – Verified)
Email:    peter.harris73@yahoo.com
Amount sent:-$38.00 AUD (equals -£25.33 GBP)
Fee amount:$0.00 AUD
Net amount:-$38.00 AUD

Same as above, Peter, no matter how much you think you are clever, you are a lowlife scumbag and I am coming after you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.