Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:34:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinjedi / betsofbitco.in SCAMMERS: Declares "Push" on obvious win for BFL bet  (Read 27977 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:05:45 PM

Also:

Am I naive to think that something will be done here? Many people here tend towards conspiratorial thinking, whereas I tend to think that's generally a lot less likely. But is it possible that due to Luke's contributions as a developer and Josh working for BFL, that this will simply be ignored?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

Also:

Am I naive to think that something will be done here? Many people here tend towards conspiratorial thinking, whereas I tend to think that's generally a lot less likely. But is it possible that due to Luke's contributions as a developer and Josh working for BFL, that this will simply be ignored?

Absolutely will be ignored. In a coupla months' time I will be the only one bringing this up, and a bunch of newbs who don't know better + a few scammers (such as these you list) who have a vested interest will be claiming I troll.

This has been basically going on for a year+ by now, wash rinse and repeat. Just look in the Tradehill thread at the attempts to wash that cadaver. Look at Meni Rosenfeld's attempts to parlay his "contributions", imaginary such as they are, into a "get out of scam free" card. The forum is replete with examples. Which is why this thread says:

2.3. You read, on this forum, and you discuss with the market participants. You get your pecking order straight. Who are the movers and shakers? Whose word is worth 10k Bitcoins no questions asked and from whom? Why? You get the history straight. Who were the scammers, historically? How did they do it ? What are the patterns? How did the people who matter react, and why? What does that say about them, how does that color their relationships among each other?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:05:44 PM

Honestly, I'm starting to think coinjedi just made a really bad mistake, but with no ill intent. It's a lot of money, and ideally the winners should be paid what they should have won. But it's pretty easy to see who caused this whole situation.

I'd be surprised if coinjedi wasn't angry at Luke and Josh for causing him to undermine the integrity of his site, as well as costing him his comission.

It really doesn't even matter whether or not there was bad intention.  I'm not into mind-reading.  What matters is that the only thing a betting escrow site like BoB has that makes it worth using is a reputation for honesty and integrity, and this involves paying out winning bets, every time. 

If the site doesn't do that and instead steals from the winners and gives to the losers, who cares why it does that?  Nobody with any sense will ever take such a site seriously after such a scam result, even if the site operators are some kind of saintly retards who just don't know why they do what they do.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:24:35 PM

Honestly, I'm starting to think coinjedi just made a really bad mistake, but with no ill intent. It's a lot of money, and ideally the winners should be paid what they should have won. But it's pretty easy to see who caused this whole situation.

I'd be surprised if coinjedi wasn't angry at Luke and Josh for causing him to undermine the integrity of his site, as well as costing him his comission.

It really doesn't even matter whether or not there was bad intention.  I'm not into mind-reading.  What matters is that the only thing a betting escrow site like BoB has that makes it worth using is a reputation for honesty and integrity, and this involves paying out winning bets, every time. 

If the site doesn't do that and instead steals from the winners and gives to the losers, who cares why it does that?  Nobody with any sense will ever take such a site seriously after such a scam result, even if the site operators are some kind of saintly retards who just don't know why they do what they do.

+1

The problem is just as MPOE said, this stuff gets glossed over given enough time and enough new blood here on the forum. Over time people will forget all about this fraud, newbs will just assume that one betting site is just as good as the other. For examples of this please see:

amazingrando(no tag)
gigavps(no tag)

All three participants in this theft should be given scammer tags. While tags aren't end all be all punishments it is at the very least a clear and obvious warning to the uninformed that THIS person is not to be trusted with anything more valuable than a free lolly from the bank's teller window.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 08:09:48 PM

Last 3 trolls seem to be missing the fact that the bet deadline was at the end of April 1, not the start of it.

1)  do you really think these angry users are all trolls?

2)  IMO you helped BFL manipulate a bet, which is shameful & dishonest.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:13:14 PM

Last 3 trolls seem to be missing the fact that the bet deadline was at the end of April 1, not the start of it.

I think they're sore losers who shouldn't be betting if they can't take responsibility for making sure the bet terms satisfy them.
They should be glad it was declared a draw rather than a win for the pre-April side.

All I did was accept a device I paid for.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:22:24 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 09:45:13 PM by Matthew N. Wright

All betting talk aside..

You paid for it? What about the other users who paid for theirs? That doesn't seem fair. What queue number were you? Would you mind showing proof of purchase? As someone who previously believed in BFL's ability to deliver on promises (a long time ago), it'd mean a lot to me.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:25:52 PM

I think they're sore losers who shouldn't be betting if they can't take responsibility for making sure the bet terms satisfy them.
They should be glad it was declared a draw rather than a win for the pre-April side.

The bet terms were fine. You and Josh provided misinformation causing the site to grade the bet wrong. You willfully posted deceptive pictures implying that you had recieved a shipment when in fact the pictured were taken at BFL. And Josh falsely reported "shipping" on twitter, and later admitted what you both had done.

You defrauded the public. Please refute that claim. Any sort of logical reasoning why that is not a true statement would be great.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:40:40 PM

Are you even embarrassed to be such a shameless lying sack of shit? 
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:41:21 PM

Define "accept". Which shipping company delivered the ASIC to your house? When was it delivered?

Buy & Hold
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:09:28 PM

So you are privileged to receive one because?  Point us in a direction that does not seem weird :/

Provide proof of purchase? (Show it to a trusted mod only! no need for showing this here. At least this is private )

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:10:17 PM

Interesting that two of the three people who ordered custom leather products from my brother-in-law are mentioned on this page, and all three have yet to pay, ignoring my past requests of them to kindly do so.

I've never gone public in mentioning their names, nor probably never will, with the exception of this post being somewhat of a clue.

Even though I paid Martin out of my pocket cash for his services, the three items sets on a shelf in his studio as a reminder to him of what possibly Bitcoin is all about. Slowly, but surely I've been changing his way of thinking, but what does he think when he sees threads like this one (of me or of Bitcoin)? Moreover, what do the newbies think when they see said threads? Bitcoins = Gambling = Gambling site owners deciding the outcome to their or some other's benefit?

This episode reeks on so many levels, and to think that a many bitcoiners tried coming to their rescue before this exploded, but to no avail.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:14:17 PM

Interesting that two of the three people who ordered custom leather products from my brother-in-law are mentioned on this page, and all three have yet to pay, ignoring my past requests of them to kindly do so.

I've never gone public in mentioning their names, nor probably never will, with the exception of this post being somewhat of a clue.

Even though I paid Martin out of my pocket cash for his services, the three items sets on a shelf in his studio as a reminder to him of what possibly Bitcoin is all about. Slowly, but surely I've been changing his way of thinking, but what does he think when he sees threads like this one (of me or of Bitcoin)? Moreover, what do the newbies think when they see said threads? Bitcoins = Gambling = Gambling site owners deciding the outcome to their or some other's benefit?

This episode reeks on so many levels, and to think that a many bitcoiners tried coming to their rescue before this exploded, but to no avail.

pics of the leather products?   and where is the rod through the frontal lobe on the avatar?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:20:00 PM

pics of the leather products?   and where is the rod through the frontal lobe on the avatar?

A leather thread does exist on this forum depicting one of the products with permission, whereas the other two no such permission exist, coupled with the designs would possibly give away as to whom they belong to. Apologies if this seems a cop-out answer, but it is what it is. Six-sided stars may or may not be a clue.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:24:10 PM

A leather thread does exist on this forum depicting one of the products with permission, whereas the other two no such permission exist, coupled with the designs would possibly give away as to whom they belong to. Apologies if this seems a cop-out answer, but it is what it is. Six-sided stars may or may not be a clue.
nuff said.   and the rod in the frontal lobe?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:28:33 PM

nuff said.   and the rod in the frontal lobe?

I "push" it up my ass at 3PM daily due to having to honor a bet.  Grin I would provide an image of the rod, but that would give away to whom I lost the bet to.  Grin
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:07:20 PM

Wait wait what?!

How about private mentioning of their name? The only thing missing in the picture of the skinny weirdo part time shill part time jezuz freak is some leather.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:10:50 PM

Wait wait what?!

How about private mentioning of their name? The only thing missing in the picture of the skinny weirdo part time shill part time jezuz freak is some leather.
you could not write this made for TV show.   Sonny, Josh, their delivery, the guy with the R2D2 hat that defends them to the end and now leather.   It effing great.    I don't care if my asic is just an expensive heater that runs in the corner and supports the network because seinfeld cannot write stories like the one we get to watch..

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 10:16:47 PM

Wait wait what?!

you could not write this made for TV show.   Sonny, Josh, their delivery, the guy with the R2D2 hat that defends them to the end and now leather.   It effing great.    I don't care if my asic is just an expensive heater that runs in the corner and supports the network because seinfeld cannot write stories like the one we get to watch..

But Larry David sure the hell tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVYdd60eNs
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:20:33 PM

Wait wait what?!

you could not write this made for TV show.   Sonny, Josh, their delivery, the guy with the R2D2 hat that defends them to the end and now leather.   It effing great.    I don't care if my asic is just an expensive heater that runs in the corner and supports the network because seinfeld cannot write stories like the one we get to watch..

But Larry David sure the hell tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVYdd60eNs
Just not realistic.  No one would let a fat chick off the elevator first so that they would have to look at that flabby ass all the way down the hallway.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: