Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426868 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:47:08 PM

That is what i am hoping. The hashrate will go up, it wont be profitable to pump anymore, and the price starts to rise slowly.
Right now i am holding everything i mine. Around 300k for the last 6 days. Nothing compared to what you still have stashed away though

I am having to build an app to move them over right now. When i am at work i have no control over whats in my wallet at home, so if the price rockets, i cant get to the coins

Can't you use TeamViewer or similar to access your home computer?
I think there is a remote access with 8.1 (turned off as far as I am concerned for security reason)
Huh
at least in the pro version... (has been there since vista I think)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigjme

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:47:18 PM

I will take you up on that one! Djm get hiding :p

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:47:39 PM

ah, I just increased the hashrate on the R9 290x from ~4MHash/s to 6MHash/s (processing all the hashes... )

for 100BTC, I give myself in  Grin

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:48:45 PM

oops, I haven't earned that much yet...
DemosMirak

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

ah, I just increased the hashrate on the R9 290x from ~4MHash/s to 6MHash/s (processing all the hashes... )

DJM, I'll help you turn yourself in, and we can split the reward  Roll Eyes. Deal?

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

"yet" being the key word here...

You shot yourself in the foot DJM34.

Christian held out on Killer Groestl and some of his other mods because he knew as soon as they were released someone would kill his advantage, and hence his ability to make money off his work as well.

When it happened all the profits dried up, and the profitability went to near-zero.

You have dis-incentivized him from releasing updated publicly even more than before.

I am only pointing out what happened for those that may be wondering and haven't followed closely, and I am not upset or anything personally, because this is how open source works.

But end result is that people and their support of open-source end up making more reason for people to take their innovation closed source until it is obsolete or nearly there.

Think about how much money you would be making if you had added the code to your AMD miners and mined with that for a month on your own... the market would still be there for the masses, and you would be making even more for having added to your advantage.

Just food for thought.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 04:38:50 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 04:51:34 PM by djm34

for 100BTC, I give myself in  Grin

"yet" being the key word here...

You shot yourself in the foot DJM34.

Christian held out on Killer Groestl and some of his other mods because he knew as soon as they were released someone would kill his advantage, and hence his ability to make money off his work as well.

When it happened all the profits dried up, and the profitability went to near-zero.

You have dis-incentivized him from releasing updated publicly even more than before.

I am only pointing out what happened for those that may be wondering and haven't followed closely, and I am not upset or anything personally, because this is how open source works.

But end result is that people and their support of open-source end up making more reason for people to take their innovation closed source until it is obsolete or nearly there.

Think about how much money you would be making if you had added the code to your AMD miners and mined with that for a month on your own... the market would still be there for the masses, and you would be making even more for having added to your advantage.

Just food for thought.
On the contrary, I bring back healthy competition  Grin
regarding money, I am not quite sure to know about what market you are talking actually... the one which would bring so much money from my R9 290x (because software or not, I am sure to have missed it... ) be realistic please.

May-be we should all keep our private miners for ourselves , with this way of thinking, you would still be mining scrypt at half amd speed (and at a fraction of some private asic)

djm34 facebook page
nomad1109

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:07:41 PM

regarding money, I am not quite sure to know about what market you are talking actually... the one which would bring so much money from my R9 290x (because software or not, I am sure to have missed it... ) be realistic please.

May-be we should all keep our private miners for ourselves , with this way of thinking, you would still be mining scrypt at half amd speed (and at a fraction of some private asic)

You're deluding yourself.

If your goal was to make a 750 ti unprofitable (your term, not mine... since you said you turned yours off), and since you say there is no profit in an r9 290x, I am not sure what sense of 'healthy competition' you are looking for.

If not making any money is what you consider nirvana, then you are doing the right things.

If Christian is holding his coding advances for months now because any public release will just be copied and released, then you have made it more profitable for him, and continued unproiftable for you no matter which card you run, then that is how it will stay.

You can be as altruistic about coins and code as you want, but when money is involved, it hardly ever works that way.

And when people start turning off their rigs, that is bad for the entire crypt-currency world, because where will it all be when there is no money?

My rig is still far more profitable than when I calculated costs and jumped in, and I am getting ready to buy two more rigs because mine are still very profitable (not Christian like, but well over my acceptable range).

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:46:21 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 07:13:02 PM by djm34

You're deluding yourself.

If your goal was to make a 750 ti unprofitable (your term, not mine... since you said you turned yours off), and since you say there is no profit in an r9 290x, I am not sure what sense of 'healthy competition' you are looking for.

If not making any money is what you consider nirvana, then you are doing the right things.

If Christian is holding his coding advances for months now because any public release will just be copied and released, then you have made it more profitable for him, and continued unproiftable for you no matter which card you run, then that is how it will stay.

You can be as altruistic about coins and code as you want, but when money is involved, it hardly ever works that way.

And when people start turning off their rigs, that is bad for the entire crypt-currency world, because where will it all be when there is no money?

My rig is still far more profitable than when I calculated costs and jumped in, and I am getting ready to buy two more rigs because mine are still very profitable (not Christian like, but well over my acceptable range).

actually the speed increase in groestl are not from copying Christian, but taking advantage of new amd drivers which boost performance over existing groestl code (so technically amd was already beating nvidia on groestl... before the release of killer groestl, just that nobody didn't noticed...)

(for the rest you didn't understand my answer/sarcasm, so there is no point arguing...).
So basically, you just want Christian to release is BBR code and you are acting as devoted as possible to try to convince him to do so (even though you are preaching exactly the inverse  Grin )

Also it seems from your comment, nobody should expect much as donation from you by open sourcing  Grin

also your argument "when people start turning off their rigs, that is bad for the entire crypt-currency world" can also be used against you, since amd user represent the large majority... so actually you should thank me for restoring the balance in crypto-world and making those coin more attractive and more valuable (assuming you can hold a bit)

djm34 facebook page
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

Upgrading my cards to nvidia. 10 more on the way. Nvidia is a clear winner.

https://i.imgur.com/hypcSIq.jpg
zelante

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:55:38 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 08:15:06 PM by zelante

https://github.com/zelante/ccminer/releases
v1.2.4 "Split Screen ccMiner" (2014-06-21) Source + Windows Binary pre-release
Fixed info string parameters have fixed position.
Add stats for fan (rpm/%), memory load controller in %, used memory in %
(test mode) Add F9 key for show/hide info from key -u

gpu info string:
gpu_id [by_bus_id]: gpu_full_name currient_khash/s temperature/max_temperature fan_rpm(fan_%) core_clock_mhz core_load_% memory_clock_mhz memory_controller_load_% memory_used_mb memory_used_%
nomad1109

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:17:41 PM

(for the rest you didn't understand my answer/sarcasm, so there is no point arguing...).
So basically, you just want Christian to release is BBR code and you are acting as devoted as possible to try to convince him to do so (even though you are preaching exactly the inverse  Grin )

I don't have any interest myself in BBR, and I don't want Christian to release anything he doesn't want to... haven't ever asked, and never will.

This isn't a pissing match, I am just pointing out that even if there is some advantage to the new drivers, that you would have been far smarter to hold and use it, than to release it if there is something in there that you coded yourself.

Stop trying to guess what I am doing. I want Christian to make money off his hard work, and when he wants to release something, then that is fine, and if he never does, that is fine too. He doesn't owe anyone crap as far as releases.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:55:13 PM

I don't have any interest myself in BBR, and I don't want Christian to release anything he doesn't want to... haven't ever asked, and never will.

This isn't a pissing match, I am just pointing out that even if there is some advantage to the new drivers, that you would have been far smarter to hold and use it, than to release it if there is something in there that you coded yourself.

This is where you are wrong, actually even though not many people made a donation for the nist5 release, those who did, made it worthwhile...  (compared to my mining power)

djm34 facebook page
tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:58:40 PM

thx big fan of your work

nist5@dwarfpool
Christian thanks for share! Cheesy

msi afterburner +190 core and increased tdp http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/kepler-bios-tweaker/
if you not increased tdp then card will drop sometimes you frequency core and hashrate will be lower

http://github.com/zelante/ccminer/releases
Split screen console output for ccminer v1.2

Quote from: tc61
Can you tell me how to do that?

Fixed info string parameters have fixed position.
Add stats for fan (rpm/%), memory load controller in %, used memory in %
(test mode) Add F9 key for show/hide info from key -u

gpu info string:
gpu_id [by_bus_id]: gpu_full_name currient_khash/s temperature/max_temperature fan_rpm/fan_% core_clock_mhz core_load_% memory_clock_mhz memory_controller_load_% memory_used_mb memory_used_%
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #FyyjPJEuKzbLOaN6
tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:20:35 PM

Zelante, for some reason the 3rd string  listing my 3 gpus is all wacky, what do you think might cause this?

Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #i3r9awXNo0bWSIg5
cayars

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:35:13 PM

Stop trying to guess what I am doing. I want Christian to make money off his hard work, and when he wants to release something, then that is fine, and if he never does, that is fine too. He doesn't owe anyone crap as far as releases.

I see both sides and I'm basically 50/50 split on the matter.  On the one hand Chris as a professional programmer wants to capitalize on his rewards. He is fully entitled to do so.
On the other hand djm34 in the spirit of open source shared what he found with everyone to his own detriment. He is also fully entitled to do so.

Chris is not hurting anyone by holding his GPU miner. Yes, some people who have nvidia hardware can't mine some of the most profitable coins at the moment but you/we/I aren't "entitled" to do so either.  Chris owes no one anything beyond what he decides to release.

I can understand why some people are "frustrated however".  For a period of time it seemed like owning nVidia hardware was going to be the way to go. Everyone was sort of very pro nVidia and con AMD.  People were throwing out the wattage figures and what not.  People got hooked on the ccminer (C&C Hash factory) "cool aid".  This is all good and all while things were good for the nVidia camp, but as soon as the AMD camp took the lead again people start bitching.

But now with the speedups in X11, X13 and especially Nist5 along with CryptoNight for AMD GPUs the nVidia camp is looking lackluster again.  AMD is back as the king for earnings if you know what to mine based on earning per watt or ROI (doesn't matter). So while the pure watts used for nVidia might be far better then AMD if you don't have the software to run it then it's a mute point.

However, that is not Chris's fault in any way shape or form.  It is also not djm34's fault either, even though he helped AMD to get better hash rates on many of the algos that the nVidia croud was trying to capitalize on.  This of course diminished nVidia ROIs only making things worse for nVidia hardware owners.

So here are the problems:
1) There are a lot of people involved in AMD development that share code.  Probably about a good 1/2 dozen devs who really matter, plus probably a dozen others who contribute in many ways.
2) On the nVidia side we went from Chris and Chris to just one Chris with a few minor contributions from other authors. Going backwards...

Solutions:
On the AMD side of things there is more a "competition" to see who can optimize algos the most. Or add new algos. This benefits the whole community of AMD users while hurting the nVidia side of things.  I say this because it's only a matter of time before all the big farms roll out speed enhancements when available to their AMD farms.

On the nVidia side of hardware it's really for the most part just Chris doing releases that currently matter for profitability.  Yes we have had a couple new coins added by others but they aren't profitable to matter to most (not taking away from the contribution they made however).  This is a step in the right direction however.  On the same note, one of the most profitable coins to mine on nVidia hardware which is JPC is going down in price which only makes matters worse.

So what to do:
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Smiley  Run a mixed environment of both nVidia and AMD GPUs.  Also consider CPU mining which is still pretty profitable with Good CPUs.

Learn to do CUDA programming and contribute yourself.

Possible encourage Chris to release a BIN/EXE version only of CryptoNight and/or BBR miner similar to what Claymore has done where it mines 5% for him.  Claymore "owns" the CryptoNight GPU AMD market.  No reason Chris could not "own" the nVidia market in the same fashion.  Hell Chris could probably start at 10% for himself dropping down to 5% in 1% increments per week and rake in the profits using our hardware. Everyone running his miner for CryptoNight or BBR would make more and give 10% (whatever to Chris).

Obviously the real solution to the nVidia camp is to have more programmers involved. I'd get involved myself but I've got a ton of stuff already on my plate from full time work stuff that pays the bills to the multi-switching-multi-algo-mutli-pool I'm going to soon release.

So what is the point of my post?  I'm not sure, but everyone should take a chill pill and try and see both sides before getting "pissed" about what has been released or hasn't been release.  Also ask yourself, why are you entitled to their hard work and how did you (or do you) plan to compensate them for their work?

Carlo
bigjme

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:37:21 PM

Upgrading my cards to nvidia. 10 more on the way. Nvidia is a clear winner.

https://i.imgur.com/hypcSIq.jpg

how many? damn i need to step up my game
if i could be arsed i would learn to program. But in the end that is the point with this all. I am willing to wait on christian because i dont want to learn to code it myself. I may learn at some point but learning around work when i try and relax isnt easy

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:06:05 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 10:20:22 PM by cbuchner1

I think the AMD improvements were mostly caused by a new driver release, and adaptations of the code to make it run well on this release.

AMD could still gain from adding a bitsliced Groestl code. However I chose to publish only a code version that isn't trivially portable to AMD.

Christian
tuanvie

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:07:36 PM

hi all.
I want to ask, I use nvidia gt 520 and want to try mine X11 does this work?
I've tried using cudaminer can only run on scrypt

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:08:18 PM

this is a pretty awesome mod. Does the ncurses/curses formatted output also work on Linux systems?

Pages: « 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: