Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:43:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL RIP OFF... price up 90%, 50GH/s for 2499$.  (Read 13832 times)
LazyOtto

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:27:21 PM

And nary a peep from Team BGL after their recent price increase.

That's how they treat their customer base.

Wow man. Their customer service manager wrote a blog about it on their forums and they have been answering questions there.

I would say they are communicating with their customers. Your incorrect statements are astounding.
Are you referring to this:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/124-why-did-you-raise-your-prices.html#comments

" ...
With all the emails asking legitimate questions about orders and payments, I see, "Why did you raise your prices?"

Do you write to Sears and say, "Your power drills went up in price. Why?" or to Amazon, "Why is the cookbook I want more than it was last year?" When the plumber gives you a quote, do you say, "It was cheaper last year. Why?" Well, maybe you do.

Give us a chance to answer customers' real questions
..."

Yep, that's some mighty fine "communicating with their customers".
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:38:33 PM

Quote from: BFL_Jody
And don't ask me when your order is going to ship.

How dare you customers ask when you'll get the product you ordered last year! Just remember, "all sales are final".

Buy & Hold
tbd

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:42:50 PM

You can sell your BFL pre-order on eBay and make a tidy profit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-GH-s-Bitcoin-Miner-BitForce-Single-SC-ASIC-Butterfly-Labs-Get-in-NOW-/261195953343?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3cd07df4bf -- 24 bidders and over $3K right now.

And I think this is exactly what BFL intended.  Why ask for a refund when you can sell your "more valuable" pre-order to the greater fool?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:10:17 PM

Wow man. Their customer service manager wrote a blog about it on their forums and they have been answering questions there.

I would say they are communicating with their customers. Your incorrect statements are astounding.
I would say you don't know the history and appear to be pretty gullible.   Those of us who've been watching this shit storm since June 2012 know better, which, you do not.
+1

Sadly, BFL loves preying on the new guys.
Weird. Back in September, it was ONLY the newbies that was complaining and calling them scammers. Now those newbies all have 1000+ post counts (usually bashing BFL), and suddenly their word is God.
@ Crazy

It's not that our word is god. It's that "We" have been here a long time and seen all the antics at BFL. As a vendor they never came through.

It is nice to know that after 170+ days of failure, your still saying you have confidence in them. I understand.

-------------------------

If I ask any of the new (low post accounts) guys/gals up above about any manner of hijinks and history at BFL....do you think they will know what I am even talking about?

If I ask them to recount how things went over the last few months from any casual observers point of view....what do you think their response will be?

If they do indeed know this....and they still have hope....then I have a bridge on sale that will be a great investment for them. It runs right between where two buildings are right now. It hasn't been built yet, nor have the plans been drawn up as a draft. But I assure you, it will someday be built. Eventually...

Therefore I am opening up an opportunity to own a part of this money making bridge. Please, pre-order now.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:22:12 PM

You can sell your BFL pre-order on eBay and make a tidy profit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-GH-s-Bitcoin-Miner-BitForce-Single-SC-ASIC-Butterfly-Labs-Get-in-NOW-/261195953343?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3cd07df4bf -- 24 bidders and over $3K right now.

And I think this is exactly what BFL intended.  Why ask for a refund when you can sell your "more valuable" pre-order to the greater fool?
Indeed.

It is almost like their perpetual promise to ship is now multiplying. Making new promises through that of customers. Promising a device that they themselves don't believe may ever come (therefore selling it).

Someone has got to get squeezed HARD so that BFL customers can get their cash....one way or the other. In this case, find the dumbest newbie and retell them the same falsehoods that BFL told you. It will work, I promise*.

*(Potency may wane after 9 months of waiting)

---------------------------

Someone should contact eBay to have them close down a shitload of accounts.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:28:25 PM

I stand by my statement, for it's you that's mistaken--with all due respect.

My statement has yet to be proven false.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:04:30 PM

I stand by my statement, for it's you that's mistaken--with all due respect.

My statement has yet to be proven false.

This was posted a day before you claimed they haven't posted anything.  It's pretty much a non-statement, but it's all they got.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/122-new-products-new-prices.html

by
BFL_Jody
, 04-04-2013 at 07:52 PM (1555 Views)

We have taken as many orders as we can fulfill at the present configuration. We are redesigning and have rolled out a whole new set of products. We have sold all the MiniRigs that we can build until we order a whole new set of parts.

If you have ordered a Jalapeno, a Little Single, a Single SC or a MiniRig SC we will deliver on those orders. Just because you don't see them on the order page doesn't mean they are not in production.

We in Customer Service have a backlog of over a week, so don't think you are forgotten. If you forget to email us to ask when your order will ship we will forgive you.
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:34:33 PM

Says one low post count account user to the other low count account....

Funny how all the low count posters are fine with everything done by BFL. How does that work? Are they employees trying to change the way things appear at Bitcointalk?

Nah....couldn't be....

Puerto, I have about 40 posts and none of them are even remotely pro-BFL.  You are letting your paranoia get the better of you.  I realize that you despise Josh Zerlan, and I don't blame you.  It's quite clear that he is a piece of garbage and has made it personal with you.  Try not to go off the deep end though.

The reason I said that the other poster is being treated too harshly in the thread is that I believe he is entitled to his opinion.  BFL has many paying customers.  To assume that a random poster is a paid shill because he believes BFL will deliver is just silly.  You don't have to agree with his opinion (as I don't), but attacking him as a liar is a little much.  There's no reason to believe he is anything but the typical BFL customer.  They really do exist, as I am sure you must know.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:05:21 PM

Funny how all the low count posters are fine with everything done by BFL. How does that work? Are they employees trying to change the way things appear at Bitcointalk?

Nah....couldn't be....

Puerto, I have about 40 posts and none of them are even remotely pro-BFL.  You are letting your paranoia get the better of you.  I realize that you despise Josh Zerlan, and I don't blame you.  It's quite clear that he is a piece of garbage and has made it personal with you.  Try not to go off the deep end though.

The reason I said that the other poster is being treated too harshly in the thread is that I believe he is entitled to his opinion.  BFL has many paying philanthropists.  To assume that a random poster is a paid shill because he believes BFL will deliver is just silly.  You don't have to agree with his opinion (as I don't), but attacking him as a liar is a little much.  There's no reason to believe he is anything but the typical BFL customer.  They really do exist, as I am sure you must know.

Fixed that for you. BFL has zero customers. A customer is defined as "one that purchases a commodity or service". Since BFL currently offers no commodities or services (unless you count emotional distress as a service to those who are aroused by it), they can have no customers. Now if BFL was selling European options on ASIC equipment with an expiration date of 2015, they would be selling a service.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:48:04 PM

Nah....couldn't be....

The reason I said that the other poster is being treated too harshly in the thread is that I believe he is entitled to his opinion.  BFL has many paying customers.  To assume that a random poster is a paid shill because he believes BFL will deliver is just silly.  You don't have to agree with his opinion (as I don't), but attacking him as a liar is a little much.  There's no reason to believe he is anything but the typical BFL customer.  They really do exist, as I am sure you must know.
Alright.

Sorry about the attitude I have given you. You should see the back slapping and congratulations they have over at the BFL forums. I think the entire board is now taken over by socks with barely a post.

Frankly I don't know how someone can order via the BFL website and not gather the impression that something is massively wrong. If I were them, just hearing about the backlog 9 months long....would take me to the refund window in a jiffy.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:58:14 AM

Nah....couldn't be....

Alright.

Sorry about the attitude I have given you. You should see the back slapping and congratulations they have over at the BFL forums. I think the entire board is now taken over by socks with barely a post.

Frankly I don't know how someone can order via the BFL website and not gather the impression that something is massively wrong. If I were them, just hearing about the backlog 9 months long....would take me to the refund window in a jiffy.

People see Avalons hashing and not in stock... they see the stats on the page and use a calculator to show the earnings (without energy costs etc...). Then greed kicks in because of the huge fucking pile of "money" such a thing would make.... virtual $ atm but they don't mind Cheesy

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:30:29 AM

^^ Thats like saying .. yeah honda just came out with a v12 nsx and its fast, did you see that thing at the raceway?!! ..

lets all go spend a bazillions on the lawnmower from john dear! They announced they will make the unseen lawnmower goes 150mPH in like 3 seconds!!
Complete with a seatbelt and everything! and if its not fast enough they promised they will give you TWO lawn mowers! ALL ABOARD??

There's already a video going around .. sorry it doesnt show it cutting grass and the sets itself on fire issue is nothing to worry about .. if you happen to turn it on and walk away, it wont burn down to the ground along with your house! Really... best lawn mower we will never have!

That is literally what it sounds like! Some of the level headed people in here have been trying to save the fools! BFL will claim bankruptcy and run for the border!! It should be the defacto standard for how to scam! If you dont want to get scammed in the future you should list all the moments you thought they were gonna deliver because that was them making a move! You should study those moments in time so as to not fall for it again! and again. and..  wait ( we have someone screaming there is a lawn mower coming )  <--- for the love of !!! Back away from the lawn mower.. get on the plane and go.

Now the rest of the proverbial John deer employees you have a plane headed to Mexico waiting for you on the runway..

Everyone else please back away from the track and go back into the stands .. there will be no lawn mower, chirping in 3rd gear!  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 02:00:40 AM

"Topic: BFL RIP OFF... price up 90%, 50GH/s for 2499$'

that the market price --- don't like it don't buy  -- go some where else
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:18:49 AM

"Topic: BFL RIP OFF... price up 90%, 50GH/s for 2499$'

that the market price --- don't like it don't buy  -- go some where else

There is no market, because there is no product. There is no 50GH/s (yet, in an infinite universe anything may happen), but BFL sure will take your money.
There is no buying, buying requires that an exchange takes place. Since BFL has no ASICs to offer (yet), no exchange can take place. They have no customers, they have sold no ASICs and nobody has bought anything. Avalon is currently out of stock and backordered, or nobody would care that BFL scams a few nitwits with more cash than brains.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 06:25:58 AM

For what it's worth that unit in BFL recent pics is still going, although with some big dips, and quite a few rejected shares, four days and 4.84BTC, about 3 BTC behind @ 25Gh/s

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

My educated guess this is one of the first working per-production units, once they got 3 full days @ 25GH/s confirmed, pricing and power were adjusted accordingly on their web-site. Before April 1 there were no functional prototypes, hence a baseline for a SC was 30GH/s all this time up till today.

What was the wafer yield again? If I were to guess current 32000+ orders will take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to fill, maybe next year anyone who buys anything now will get something, that is if they start shipping and won't fold the business, pun intended.

Art

It is pretty evident that anyone who ordered this year won't see a delivery until early next year.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:05:49 AM

I cannot believe that I actually have to quote myself here....

Furthermore, it is abundantly clear that this forum, and perhaps the community as a whole has a very narrow technical and personal indignation focus.

Are there ANY business people in this forum? DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND THE FINANCIAL AND ACCOUNTING IMPLICATIONS of what I have pointed out here?Huh

I think you might have something here. This is probably one of the smartest posts I've read this week.

If I was a bigwig billionaire type, and I believed Bitcoin had a realistic long term shot at major world change (ala MP3, Internet, social media, streaming movies, etc) I would be quickly sitting down with the only professional-style game in town (read BFL) and having a nice long chat about winding down all the business to all the whiny, bitching, retail customers (read you and me) and ramping up big time commercial scale PRIVATE bitcoin mining.

Do you think 20 or 30 million dollars would be enough to pay for a lunch date with Josh and Sonny??

They could be sitting on twice that in BTC now...... tough to say - but all representations point towards them shipping something. I wish they had a more Yifu attitude on the PR side but - will I care when I plug in my BFL ASIC's - no - just like I don't care that Steve Jobs was an ass everytime I use my Iphone
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 07:19:49 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 07:55:50 AM by zedicus

^^ "but all representations point towards them shipping something"!     <--- WTF!!

Im so going into the "something" business. So how many here would buy nothing with something!

Something is up and you guys arent gonna get it until you have nothing!

Now go back and tell them we fired you, and to send someone who has something... anything but nothing!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bendex

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:27:55 AM

The fact that the CEO has been convicted of scamming, and the whole scammy business of them saying they have "shipped." when in fact they have only given one unit to their employee, Josh, which hasn't actually left the building... well it doesn't inspire confidence.

I wonder how many extra orders they received when they publicised that they had started shipping.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:15:48 AM

At this point anybody with a brain larger than a pea can see that BFL had ZERO chance of shipping a finished product last October...ZERO, yet they lied time and time again to convince the community that their products were right around the corner. Seriously can you even debate any of that at this point

Hindsight.

Correct, see bolded. Does that somehow excuse BFL's constant lies?

Fucking.

Yes, how'd you know?!?

Bias.

Definitely YES. Biased against BFL and their lying scammy employees. For reasons see above.

mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:16:09 AM

Nah....couldn't be....

LOL.,, puerto libre got an avalon for being a dickhead to BFL.
Nobody takes him seriously.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: