Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL RIP OFF... price up 90%, 50GH/s for 2499$.  (Read 13832 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:42:14 PM

either way i cant talk rationally to people like this because if you still doubt they have product after this point with luke-jrs unit hashing as we speak on his pool, theres no other proof they can supply you other than a shipped product. i'll agree that its still risky if they will ship at all, but again thats my risk to take.

Actually there's a ton of proof they could've provided, see Jeff Garzik's review of an actual shipped and received ASIC mining product for reference if you're confused...THAT'S how you eradicate any doubt. Whatever happened between JZ and Luke Jr. it lacks the credibility and clout of Garzik's Avalon unpacking utterly.

When did you start talking rationally on this subject btw? 

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 08:49:20 PM

Still no confirmation of working bfl ASIC device!

1 satoshi says that people will still be posting this even after all the pre orders have been shipped.

Thumbs up! Smiley
Looks like it.

Albeit one could fake with great effort the current evidence, it's still quite strong. Only BFL track record makes one wonder it's legitimacy.

BKM: Bitcoin returns are indeed insane, but also volatile, high risk, and you need to time your trades for the long term return.
I started with just few euros worth, 350BTC, and all my mining equipment etc. is paid up so far with that return (including BFL FPGAs, and quite a few BFL preorder devices, ASICMINER shares etc.)

But things you are talking about most people don't have a clue about unfortunately.
You are right, margins are somewhat low in the real world. Normal DC accounts HW for 2-3 years return.

If BFL ships these people hating BFL right now will flock to them to get their piece. I have a lot of preorders and i'm anxious too if they will ship.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
minternj

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:58:10 PM

either way i cant talk rationally to people like this because if you still doubt they have product after this point with luke-jrs unit hashing as we speak on his pool, theres no other proof they can supply you other than a shipped product. i'll agree that its still risky if they will ship at all, but again thats my risk to take.

Actually there's a ton of proof they could've provided, see Jeff Garzik's review of an actual shipped and received ASIC mining product for reference if you're confused...THAT'S how you eradicate any doubt. Whatever happened between JZ and Luke Jr. it lacks the credibility and clout of Garzik's Avalon unpacking utterly.

When did you start talking rationally on this subject btw? 

sigh.. what did i say that was IRrational. I find theories that they faked the bfgminer output in the pic to be irrational. I see it hashing and i beleive the stats to be true. conversely if you dont beleive in the stats i'd assume you to think the opposite. See, thats rational, i'm not going to say your wrong based on your beliefs..

Think there's little left to be said as we have differing viewpoints, opinions are like assholes everyone's got one.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:04:47 AM

I think you are getting treated a little too harshly in this thread.  I don't agree with you but you are entitled to your opinion.  It's definitely reasonable to have hope because some sort of ASIC is hashing at the BFL labs. 

The way I look at it is that Luke-Jr. is not reputable and I wouldn't call those uncased components anything more than a prototype.  And all indications are that the prototypes still have issues.  When will they be able to produce something ready for shipping to end users?  I don't think they are close.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:12:39 AM

Says one low post count account user to the other low count account....

Funny how all the low count posters are fine with everything done by BFL. How does that work? Are they employees trying to change the way things appear at Bitcointalk?

Nah....couldn't be....
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 03:23:31 AM

And nary a peep from Team BGL after their recent price increase.

That's how they treat their customer base.
minternj

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:33:27 AM

Funny how all the low count posters are fine with everything done by BFL. How does that work? Are they employees trying to change the way things appear at Bitcointalk?

Nah....couldn't be....

Right.. Because post counts measures ones intelligence or legitimacy right? Who said I was fine with anything, putting words n my mouth.. I just commented on my belief they will ship soon now that they have a working asic.

Dude you should step away from the pc for a day, clear your head a little maybe. I said it before in this thread its not us vs them. We are all miners.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:34:44 AM

I think you are getting treated a little too harshly in this thread.  I don't agree with you but you are entitled to your opinion.  It's definitely reasonable to have hope because some sort of ASIC is hashing at the BFL labs. 

The way I look at it is that Luke-Jr. is not reputable and I wouldn't call those uncased components anything more than a prototype.  And all indications are that the prototypes still have issues.  When will they be able to produce something ready for shipping to end users?  I don't think they are close.

Nah....couldn't be....

I'll take his 37 posts over your 1000+ posts of crap. At least his post make some sort of a coherent thought rather than just trolling.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:03:11 AM

Still no confirmation of working bfl ASIC device!

1 satoshi says that people will still be posting this even after all the pre orders have been shipped.

I'm pretty sure it will stop once there IS confirmation of a working device. Why should it stop until then?

Which fucking planet are you on?

Look, I don't have high opinions of Luke but he'd know if the hardware he's developing with was fake by now, and he usually only lies about software issues.

In case anyone doesn't realise, confirmation of working ASICs != shipping of completed units.
veryveryinteresting

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:09:53 AM

Wow man. Their customer service manager wrote a blog about it on their forums and they have been answering questions there.

I would say they are communicating with their customers. Your incorrect statements are astounding.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:20:40 AM

Wow man. Their customer service manager wrote a blog about it on their forums and they have been answering questions there.

I would say they are communicating with their customers. Your incorrect statements are astounding.
I would say you don't know the history and appear to be pretty gullible.   Those of us who've been watching this shit storm since June 2012 know better, which, you do not.
creativex

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:40:12 AM

I would say you don't know the history and appear to be pretty gullible.   Those of us who've been watching this shit storm since June 2012 know better, which, you do not.

+1

Sadly, BFL loves preying on the new guys.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:53:58 AM

+1

Weird. Back in September, it was ONLY the newbies that was complaining and calling them scammers. Now those newbies all have 1000+ post counts (usually bashing BFL), and suddenly their word is God.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
creativex

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:34:09 AM

+1

Weird. Back in September, it was ONLY the newbies that was complaining and calling them scammers. Now those newbies all have 1000+ post counts (usually bashing BFL), and suddenly their word is God.

Never fear yates, BFL still has plenty of shills and sockpuppets around...as you well know.

At this point anybody with a brain larger than a pea can see that BFL had ZERO chance of shipping a finished product last October...ZERO, yet they lied time and time again to convince the community that their products were right around the corner. Seriously can you even debate any of that at this point?

How does even a staunch BFL apologist such as yourself reconcile all the lies? You were all over Tom every time he said anything, but the BFL scam has been running far longer and you seem fine with it...what gives? We've had debates about power consumption where you felt bASIC power consumption was ridiculously high compared to BFL's awesome 1w/Gh, but now here's reality smacking BFL in the face and now they're talking about 7w/Gh which is more than Tom ever estimated for his products. So is *THAT* a problem for you? ...or is it now okay because it's less than Avalon? Let's tentatively name this phenomenon "The BFL Sliding Fail Scale" shall we? Kinda catchy dontcha think?

veryveryinteresting

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:50:16 AM

What the hell? So what would it take for them to "communicate"? They wrote updates and blogs.

I didn't argue whether it was right or wrong, but they DID  speak about it, which make "nary a peep" a false statement. Yes, maybe they communicated lies or maybe it will turn out to be truth, but they did *communicate*.

Don't bash me because you have such a strong desire to be right.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:51:28 AM

I stand by my statement, for it's you that's mistaken--with all due respect.
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:32:40 AM

At this point anybody with a brain larger than a pea can see that BFL had ZERO chance of shipping a finished product last October...ZERO, yet they lied time and time again to convince the community that their products were right around the corner. Seriously can you even debate any of that at this point

Hindsight. Fucking. Bias.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:42:07 AM

Weird. Back in September, it was ONLY the newbies that was complaining and calling them scammers

Wrong. "Frizz: Date Registered: January 18, 2012".

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:47:35 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
Jason

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:16:57 PM

You can sell your BFL pre-order on eBay and make a tidy profit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-GH-s-Bitcoin-Miner-BitForce-Single-SC-ASIC-Butterfly-Labs-Get-in-NOW-/261195953343?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3cd07df4bf -- 24 bidders and over $3K right now.  Note that the links above referencing psychological self-justification for one's purchases could be applied not only to ordering hardware from Butterfly Labs but also to many other purchases such as buying Bitcoins.  Both are speculative and risky, and both are highly profitable at the moment from a fiat currency point of view.

It should also be noted that an entire ecosystem of trolling has evolved on the subject of how one has chosen to speculate with one's money.  While we're on the subject of psychology, I imagine the incidence of mental disorders would be high within this group, perhaps with narcissism and related disorders leading the list?  So how about we all take a moment of silence for all of the poor folks here suffering from such disorders and think about setting up a Bitcoin fund to pay for therapy for those who want to be treated?  Grin

BM-2D7sazxZugpTgqm3M2MCi5C1t8Du8BN11f
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: