Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:40:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384456 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 11:05:26 PM

hmmm are you sure you were able to send multiple bitcoins for $2 haha  I don't think that's possible. I know I always end up paying hundreds of dollars when sending more than a few BTC. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I doubt it.

Also, I've heard of tether but many people are sceptical about it really being backed by real money. They also have very predatory terms which means they reserve the right to confiscate funds for no real reason.

Also, the last point you made says it all. Investors haven't lost any money yet unless they sell their tokens cheap. If there wasn't so much backlash against the company (which always paid people the advertised daily interest) then they would still be open today and everyone would be making 30% per month etc. Don't you feel guilty about making everyone lose so much? Many people in bitconnect became very wealthy too as it was very easy. They may have got better investments in other ways but the bitconnect model would have carried on fine without the bad press.

The transaction fee does not depend on the amount. You're either really really dumb, or just can't stop lying, which to be fair is quite dumb too.

Bitconnect was not an investment. It was a scam, it collapsed, the last ones to hold the bag got stuck with near-worthless tokens. That's how these scams work. There is no feasible way for "everyone" to make 30% per month. Such investments don't exist. It's not "bad press" that made people lose their money. It's the scammers. With some help from shills like you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:11:23 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 11:32:56 PM by AGM76

Bitconnect was not an investment. It was a scam, it collapsed, the last ones to hold the bag got stuck with near-worthless tokens. That's how these scams work. There is no feasible way for "everyone" to make 30% per month. Such investments don't exist. It's not "bad press" that made people lose their money. It's the scammers. With some help from shills like you.

What I don't like, is idiots saying the scam 'collapsed' when they never collapsed. They always paid less BCC in interest than was lent to them in the lending system. It would have carried on fine without all these people saying it was a Ponzi etc. It is obvious to any sane person who isn't traumatised enough to have to believe these Ponzi stories to psychologically survive.

Also, as I explained before, to send just 6BTC from my wallet at a normal fee range (few hundreds satoshis per byte) I had to pay hundreds of dollars. My wallet wouldn't have charged me more than I needed to pay but obviously most wallets like electrum generate lots of inputs etc so the more you send the more the fee would be.

Oh I seem to deleted what I wrote before but basically those were normal charges for sending that amount of BTC from my wallet, in the last few days I gave examples to before.

Instead of just typing it I will copy and paste the images from electrum below from a couple of transactions in the last two days:

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:18:09 PM

hmmm are you sure you were able to send multiple bitcoins for $2 haha  I don't think that's possible. I know I always end up paying hundreds of dollars when sending more than a few BTC. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I doubt it.

The fee I paid was worth $2.25 at the time, and I spent over 1.6 BTC worth over $23k. I am certain of it. Based on the level of understand you display in this thread it seems quite likely to me that you don't understand much of anything including what fees are necessary to get transactions confirmed. It makes no difference what value you are sending, only the size of the transaction. I use SegWit to reduce the fees, but even without SegWit the fee wouldn't have been over $5.

Investors haven't lost any money yet unless they sell their tokens cheap.

That must be quite a relief to all the victims. Please explain in detail how they can get their money back if they haven't lost it.

If there wasn't so much backlash against the company (which always paid people the advertised daily interest) then they would still be open today and everyone would be making 30% per month etc. Don't you feel guilty about making everyone lose so much? Many people in bitconnect became very wealthy too as it was very easy. They may have got better investments in other ways but the bitconnect model would have carried on fine without the bad press.

It was a Ponzi. Some people get rich while others lose a fortune. That's how Ponzis work. I don't feel bad in the slightest. Hopefully some people took heed of my words and saved themselves from losing their savings to this scam. Ponzis can't "carry on fine" whether they get press or not. Exponential growth isn't sustainable in a finite universe.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:41:47 PM

Why do people care about a coin that does not affect them. If they are not invested in it then it doesn't affect them, they should take care of their own business. However, unless they are scared of it for some reason, then it makes sense. The competition is always scared of something that is/was more successful than them.

What part of illegal ponzi scam are you not getting?

Of course it wasn't illegal or they wouldn't be operating. The UK financial conduct authority (FCA) do not care about these cryptos and have told me they have no control and do not even seem concerned.

A thief steals your money but it's not illegal because he hasn't been caught.

These people supporting these scams are no better than the operator himself, do you guys realise that you are helping perpetrate fraud?

I really wish I could say these are all puppet accounts but something tells me they aren't and it makes me sad to see such a level of ignorance.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Why are people still have the fog pulled over their eyes to be so blinded?

Do they just have a glimmer of hope that their bcc stash of coins will be worth what they were at before this ponzi/pyramid scheme was outed and deceased by the governments to stop it or they will sue them all?

A mixture of greed, ignorance and sock puppet accounts.

Ponzi's attract a very special breed of people who will fight tooth and nail against all reason, faces change but the cycle remains the same.

I only came across this yesterday because I read a news article about it. I believe it was within the first couple pages that it was outed when it was claiming to host an ICO on Bittrex even after Rich (owner) had said "no, this is a scam, not being listed"

I have 0 sympathy for people took part in this, ALL are either marks or scammers.
pkcorp

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

What I don't like, is idiots saying the scam 'collapsed' when they never collapsed. They always paid less BCC in interest than was lent to them in the lending system. It would have carried on fine without all these people saying it was a Ponzi etc. It is obvious to any sane person who isn't traumatised enough to have to believe these Ponzi stories to psychologically survive.

Also, as I explained before, to send just 6BTC from my wallet at a normal fee range (few hundreds satoshis per byte) I had to pay hundreds of dollars. My wallet wouldn't have charged me more than I needed to pay but obviously most wallets like electrum generate lots of inputs etc so the more you send the more the fee would be.

Oh I seem to deleted what I wrote before but basically those were normal charges for sending that amount of BTC from my wallet, in the last few days I gave examples to before.

Instead of just typing it I will copy and paste the images from electrum below from a couple of transactions in the last two days:

http://i63.tinypic.com/b4hrty.png
You're an utter idiot. I'm sorry, but there is no other way to put it.
AGM76

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:00:29 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 12:14:19 AM by AGM76

So what part don't you agree with?? Bitconnect always profited in BCC from the lending system and didn't need to take BCC from new lenders to pay old ones. So it wasn't a ponzi. When someone lent 1BCC for example, by the end of the term the capital release would only cost bitconnect say 0.1BCC if the coin had gone up 10 times in that 8 months or whatever (in practice it only took a few months to go 10X) and the interest paid was also far lower than the gain in the coin price. They could have easily paid 50% higher interest rates (I'm guessing but a lot higher than 1%) and still been in profit!!! They didn't have a guaranteed percentage for reinvests or lower amounts so could have easily carried on without even changing the terms of the loans!

Regarding the fees, my wallet lets me choose and I didn't choose the fastest, but low/medium. I set it also to dynamic fees so it can tell how much is needed for certain speeds. I would have paid even more if I wanted it to be faster but any slower wasn't much cheaper so I set it to medium speed.

EDIT: Just did the calculation and at 1.5% per day that is about 56% per month and 200X in a year. The coin was initially valued at sub-$1 in the ICO and I think fell to 16cents early on but went up to near $500 all in a year so the 1% wasn't excessive at all. 1% daily is only 35X in a year!!!
zintips

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:16:57 AM

I've heard three different youtubers (including Craig and Trevon) talk about this refund

Listening to Craig and Trevon is what got a lot of people into this mess in the first place. I was trying to warn Trevon's viewers about BitConnect until he banned me from commenting on his videos. He didn't care whether it was a Ponzi or not just so long as that sweet sweet referral money kept pouring in.

=================================================================

Did Craig and Trevon mention why BitconnetX is not triggering sales of BCCX? another day another time-out. Now 12:12 London time and since 12:01 when the order was made my screen still shows the wheel turning but no confirmation like it has happened for a week.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:28:23 AM

Are they still paying the interest? No. Is BCC still worth $400? No. It has collapsed.

It carried on "fine" until it didn't. They did have a good excuse to shut it off (the C&Ds) but it would have ended sooner or later anyway. Infinite growth at 0.25% a day is not sustainable regardless of what "people are saying".

http://i63.tinypic.com/b4hrty.png

Again, the transaction fee does not depend on the amount. It depends on the size of the transaction and you apparently had a shitload of tiny inputs. This has nothing to do with Bitconnect other than your feeble attempts to entangle Bitcoin or other coins into your fallacy extravaganza.
CryptToad

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:37:28 AM

I can't imagine anyone using BTC to buy BCCX.
Anyone can buy BCC for $20 to remit at $150, for now.
But apparently so few individuals are actually able to buy BCCX there is not any suffient demand for BCC to budge price towards $150.
BCCX sales could be chewing through a huge overhang of of bag holders trapped in BCC.
Further is Bitconnectx immediately selling its remitted BCC suppressing BCC value?
Another day, another time out while trying to exchange BCC for BCCX. Try again tomorrow.
Every day I try to swap worthless BCC for BCCX.  How many man hours are being burnt on this mess.
Honestly they should just automatically gift us BCCX at 8 to 1 ratio. 3:1 is still a huge haircut.

Wonder if they realize the gravity of the grave situation.  MC was $ Billions.  If people are unable to redeem for BCCX at least, things will become more sour.
There's crazy people out there already putting bounties for hits.  Should be fixing things like their lives depended upon it.
Indeed some people who lost big on this may have suicided or be facing a crippling life altering blow.

I can walk away from this loss.  Not everyone will turn the other cheek.
Bitconnect needs to get a clue, for everyone's wellbeing.
Calidude

Activity: 280
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:41:34 AM

I can't imagine anyone using BTC to buy BCCX.
Anyone can buy BCC for $20 to remit at $150, for now.
But apparently so few individuals are actually able to buy BCCX there is not any suffient demand for BCC to budge price towards $150.
BCCX sales could be chewing through a huge overhang of of bag holders trapped in BCC.
Further is Bitconnectx immediately selling its remitted BCC suppressing BCC value?
Another day, another time out while trying to exchange BCC for BCCX. Try again tomorrow.
Every day I try to swap worthless BCC for BCCX.  How many man hours are being burnt on this mess.
Honestly they should just automatically gift us BCCX at 8 to 1 ratio. 3:1 is still a huge haircut.

Wonder if they realize the gravity of the grave situation.  MC was $ Billions.  If people are unable to redeem for BCCX at least, things will become more sour.
There's crazy people out there already putting bounties for hits.  Should be fixing things like their lives depended upon it.
Indeed some people who lost big on this may have suicided or be facing a crippling life altering blow.

I can walk away from this loss.  Not everyone will turn the other cheek.
Bitconnect needs to get a clue, for everyone's wellbeing.

Yes I would not like to be Glenn Arcaro, CryptoNick, Trevon James, Craig Grant et al right at this time. 
They are all still carrying on like nothing happened the silly cunts, except for Glenn Arcaro he had the sense to shutdown his YouTube 3 weeks prior to the exit and disappear but his Instagram shows pictures of his sister and her name etc, I hope there is nothing done to them physically but I would be happy to see all of them wearing Bitconnect Orange in the Fed Pen. 

Link to ICE ROCK MINING SCAM THREAD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3139632.40
CryptToad

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:55:36 AM

Mysterious dreadful accidents & illnesses tend to follow events like Madoff, Bre-x, etc. Cancer & heart attack weapons exist.  I have no special power but keen fear of conspiracies. I have zero animosity to any promoter.
I believed the project had a bot and would pay out in BTC USD equivalent, despite any youtubers.
I want everyone to be well & whole.
Bitconnect current & past principal organizers & technical people should sense this situation deserves urgent brainstorming & action.
This ICO mess is not a solution.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:06:26 AM

This was a clear Ponzi scheme from the get go.  The people who are promoting this and exchanges that support BCC should be arrested and go to jail.   People already lost a lot from this scam and they still want to prey on their victims even more with BCCX.    People can be really sick and twisted. 

If I was a victim of this, I would start researching and try to find out the identities of the BitConnect team and pay them a nice visit.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:06:57 AM

So what part don't you agree with?? Bitconnect always profited in BCC from the lending system and didn't need to take BCC from new lenders to pay old ones. So it wasn't a ponzi. When someone lent 1BCC for example, by the end of the term the capital release would only cost bitconnect say 0.1BCC if the coin had gone up 10 times in that 8 months or whatever (in practice it only took a few months to go 10X) and the interest paid was also far lower than the gain in the coin price. They could have easily paid 50% higher interest rates (I'm guessing but a lot higher than 1%) and still been in profit!!! They didn't have a guaranteed percentage for reinvests or lower amounts so could have easily carried on without even changing the terms of the loans!

Regarding the fees, my wallet lets me choose and I didn't choose the fastest, but low/medium. I set it also to dynamic fees so it can tell how much is needed for certain speeds. I would have paid even more if I wanted it to be faster but any slower wasn't much cheaper so I set it to medium speed.

EDIT: Just did the calculation and at 1.5% per day that is about 56% per month and 200X in a year. The coin was initially valued at sub-$1 in the ICO and I think fell to 16cents early on but went up to near $500 all in a year so the 1% wasn't excessive at all. 1% daily is only 35X in a year!!!

So what's your goal here?

I don't understand why you insist on trying to argue with people who know far more about Crypto than you do, all you are doing is accruing more negative trust.

This thing is dead in the water, it's over jim, sell your coins (if you have any left) and learn from your mistakes.

Here, I'll even link a couple news articles for you.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitconnect-ponzi-scheme-no-sympathy-from-crypto-community

https://www.coindesk.com/bitconnect-investors-left-lurch-tokens-price-drops-90/

https://news.bitcoin.com/not-content-with-scamming-1-5-billion-bitconnect-wants-another-500-million-for-its-ico/

There is a very good chance that current exchanges will delist BCC in order to avoid legal trouble and all remaining Coins will be worth $0
zintips

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:10:45 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 02:29:47 AM by zintips

===============

I agree. Same here. It does not matter what you do, sign early, buy BCCX at 9:00:01, nothing happens? screen freezes. Sorry all coins sold out! day after day.  We are dealing with robots and it looks like they just want the BCC coins inside trapped with the $150 carrot.

thb
i have tried this method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq6tqXkHaNE

quite simply. and finally hour ago i was lucky to buy it.

Goodluck to yall!

wich time zone you are Huh Thanks

==================================================

Thank you for posting your video and I would like to comment:

1) the iPhone and also Chrome both clocks are exact as the "https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/london" on your video. I compared them live and they are all same.

2) in the Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq6tqXkHaNE; and, other videos on youtube most of the sales shown and confirmed on the screen were around (17 Jan - 18 Jan) In those days one could buy the BBCX coins. But since 20 Jan 18 (Sat.) the Bitconnect-X board is jammed with all of the $10 BCC purchased coins lured in with the $150 promotion that actually drown all of those Bitconnect redeemed coins  that had been bought at $363 (as in my case).

No method really works, I have tried every day since 20 Jan and click on reset or 1-2 sec., delays it does not work; the confirmation times out never confirms and on two occasions I reset the browser, got the Cloudfare message and the screen came back with all the coins reset at 1 as if I had no coins! but, eventually through re-clicking, it came back normal but no BCCX execution made for that date.

Calidude

Activity: 280
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:11:14 AM

There is a very good chance that current exchanges will delist BCC in order to avoid legal trouble and all remaining Coins will be worth $0

And that is exactly what the exchanges should do, why support thieves it is bad for the whole Crypto community, not that exchanges have too many morals and if they can still make money from it......well you know.

But if one of them does it, there is a chance the others will follow suit.

Link to ICE ROCK MINING SCAM THREAD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3139632.40
AGM76

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:23:16 AM

I don't understand why you insist on trying to argue with people who know far more about Crypto than you do, all you are doing is accruing more negative trust.

This thing is dead in the water, it's over jim, sell your coins (if you have any left) and learn from your mistakes.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitconnect-ponzi-scheme-no-sympathy-from-crypto-community

https://news.bitcoin.com/not-content-with-scamming-1-5-billion-bitconnect-wants-another-500-million-for-its-ico/

Are you serious? I already pointed out the factually incorrect statements from some of those stories (about them running off with bitcoins etc). All they had left when they closed the lending were the same BCC tokens some people are saying are now worthless - the same ones they left all the investors with as that was the only currency the lending platform used (although they were paid in relation to the USD value of the coins when they were lent or when they are withdrawn from the lending wallet). Why would they want their millions of BCC to be worthless (which they stake hundreds of thousands of each month)? I also showed they didn't dump them either (they were more than likely buying them cheap the other day). Actually if I look on the rich list, there has basically been no recent activity on many addresses and I don't think they stake from those largest wallets either.

There are hundreds of these coins and BCC is nowhere near as bad as most of the coins on exchanges. A lot of them are pure scams that get dumped on by the devs and you say you know a lot about crypto? There are no laws about these coins in most countries and bitconnect lending wasn't operating as a ponzi when they stopped it.

I am not posting for any particular reason other than to try to correct people's prejudices (which seldom works anyway due to the little understood 'backfire effect'). I just tend to go on a bit sometimes  Grin
zintips

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:25:52 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 02:39:30 AM by zintips

And that is exactly what the exchanges should do, why support thieves it is bad for the whole Crypto community, not that exchanges have too many morals and if they can still make money from it......well you know.

======================

Although selling at $18 in other exchanges., technically, the coins are already at 0 within bitconnect exchange but many deadlocked at $150 inside bitconnect X.  The Cease and Desist order as given one of the main causes of closing London Centralized Exchange also includes Bitconnect X as shown on page 5:

https://www.ssb.texas.gov/sites/default/files/BitConnect_ENF-18-CDO-1754.pdf
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:34:06 AM

Are you serious? I already pointed out the factually incorrect statements from some of those stories (about them running off with bitcoins etc). All they had left when they closed the lending were the same BCC tokens some people are saying are now worthless - the same ones they left all the investors with as that was the only currency the lending platform used (although they were paid in relation to the USD value of the coins when they were lent or when they are withdrawn from the lending wallet). Why would they want their millions of BCC to be worthless (which they stake hundreds of thousands of each month)? I also showed they didn't dump them either (they were more than likely buying them cheap the other day). Actually if I look on the rich list, there has basically been no recent activity on many addresses and I don't think they stake from those largest wallets either.

There are hundreds of these coins and BCC is nowhere near as bad as most of the coins on exchanges. A lot of them are pure scams that get dumped on by the devs and you say you know a lot about crypto? There are no laws about these coins in most countries and bitconnect lending wasn't operating as a ponzi when they stopped it.

I am not posting for any particular reason other than to try to correct people's prejudices (which seldom works anyway due to the little understood 'backfire effect'). I just tend to go on a bit sometimes  Grin

"The Texas SSB is wrong!!! BitConnect is NOT a Ponzi."

<as they pealed rubber upon exiting the building, leaving the lights on for Investards so to think somebody's home>

AGM76

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:37:55 AM

======================

Although selling at $18 in other exchanges., technically, the coins are already at 0 within bitconnect exchange but many deadlocked at $110 inside bitconnect X.  The Cease and Desist order as given one of the main causes of closing London Centralized Exchange also includes Bitconnect X as shown on page 5:

https://www.ssb.texas.gov/sites/default/files/BitConnect_ENF-18-CDO-1754.pdf

What's this $110? I think someone else mentioned it but it's $150 per BCC for bitconnectx.  I also pointed out that the Cease and Desist order didn't understand what staking was (it seemed to want to know what company was responsible for paying the staked funds lol) and said it was a security. So how can you take what they say about the lending seriously?

Also, you must see that the ICO limit on bitconnectx gets sold every day?? Over a quarter of a million BitconnectX.  Have you tried buying in some of these lending ICOs (bitconnect-clones) lately?? They all are almost impossible to buy usually. I was never able to get any UnixCoin or UcoinCash as it was always too many buyers even though you usually get many days/rounds to try and buy (incidentally, they are both now worth a lot more than the ICO price).

So they know what staking is (the coins appear automatically in the wallet - started at 10% a month with BCC but reduced by 2% every six months) but are then asking for the source of the funds lol
chares

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:46:57 AM

Finally im looking a good project like this nice dev good luck
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: