Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384457 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:33:05 PM

It's funny...coins like DASH are allowed to go up in price and not be called a Ponzi (masternodes sure helped DASH - the promise of free coins forever for holding enough of them and not selling- sounds a bit like lending doesn't it? It basically works exactly the same way - PoS mining/staking isn't much different either except the yearly interest they give you is a fixed percentage instead of variable although the more often you stake, the more it compounds and higher staking amounts tend to pay more often)

DASH was even moaning about Bitconnect to coinmarketcap's Twitter (calling it a Ponzi, no less) when it was rivalling it's billion dollar marketcap and overtaking them. The same day coinmarketcap revised the circulating supply of Bitconnect and it fell from around 6th place to 16th (I can't actually remember the positions but something along those lines).

Staking is no ponzi. When you stake you are rewarded by the fees payed for transactions.

LOL you are not rewarded by the fees. A coin can choose any random staking reward they want in the code. Some like BuzzCoin pay 160% per month compounded (100% per month if you only get one reward a month but as long as you get it every few days it will compound to 160%). It hasn't done too bad. I actually sold too early or would have made about 10 more BTC. Obviously, BuzzCoin is more of a Ponzi than bitconnect as it didn't really have the value of guaranteeing the investment amount when you lend (as long as it was allowed to continue without being a Ponzi - remember the interest and capital release was always less BCC than was lent so it was never operating as a ponzi).

Thing with Dash is that you always have control over your Coins and the rewards for staking are always the same. The developers cant arbitrarily decide to change the rewards without consensus from all the miners and stakers. Main point with ponzis is that you give your Coins over to someone else, and they hold your capital and just pay you the interest (or not). When the price tanks, you can do nothing because they hold your money (and usually never get your initial investment back)

A coin like BuzzCoin is not a full ponzi because you keep control over your money. Coins like that will tend to go to 0 over a long period of time unless there is a hardfork to change the rewards. As price goes down, you always have the option to sell your initial investment plus the interest you've accumulated from staking.

I am probably not following you correctly but did you really mean that it's a Ponzi if you don't have control of the money and they don't pay it back? Bitconnect gave everyone their investments back (at the 15 day average value) and the value only went down because many sold them at the same time. The same would happen with any coin if a lot was dumped in one day. Like I said before, bitcoin has almost double the supply so should be half the value of bitconnect, all other things being equal. So a valuation of a few hundred dollars for bitconnect wasn't excessive. Everyone who spread the misinformation are more to blame for the current value than the investors of the coin. The site is still up and running, so the coin should increase again once they figure out what to do next.

Remember the BitconnectX ICO sells out every day almost immediately and takes in $13million worth of funds each time (although they value BCC at $150 since bitconnect closed the lending). How are so many people investing in it still if everyone thinks it's a scam??? All the people saying it's a scam are probably in the minority.

I don't think you are following anything people are saying in this thread.

Bitconnect was built as a lending platform, classic ponzi. Why don't you take some time, research how ponzi schemes work, and go through some of the scams that have happened on these forums throughout the years?

Still believing text on the screen? That bitconnectx ico is a black hole and a scam.

Here, why don't you check out how a REAL ico is done with legit people https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353775

Actually had talked to Ronny Boesling years ago through skype when his exchange was just starting out, before he partnered up with the bitshares asset exchange.

I had a look at the ICO. You are saying these people are more legit than people in the Far East for what reasons?

I noticed some very non-legit marketing methods. Firstly, you must know that the value of the any token (unless somehow linked to the profitability of the business) has no relation to how well a company does. The main factor in the price is the starting price in the ICO (simply because investors prefer not to sell at a loss). Now you understand that, do you not think offering a FIFTY PERCENT (50%) discount for early investors is a bit of a red flag? They will be encouraged by this 50% potential gain in the price. There are no promises, but bitconnect didn't promise anything either for most loan amounts. The lending had the desired effect, though, and the coin increased enough that bitconnect could share the gains in this way without ever being a Ponzi scheme.

Now that you understand that your tokens are not linked to the profitability of the company in any real way, you should also understand if the coin appreciates in value not everyone can win. Try getting everyone to cash out at the value they want. It will never happen in the markets. It's a zero sum game as it is not backed by any company profits (remember, bitconnect's lending generated profits for the company and also its users - just at a lower rate of profit than if users simply held the coin instead). Are you sure this ICO is not a Ponzi? It can't be a security, remember, like normal stocks (or they lose the USA market). Their claims that they will bring cryptos to a billion people from a measly 5 million is a bit overblown too.

Look at how their legal team tries to wriggle out of saying it could be classed as a security and thus not authorised in the USA (granted there have been no court cases to date so that could mean no ICO token is a security, but the SEC doesn't stop warning people about it - TokenPay had to refund Americans half way through their ICO):
"However, the Platform is designed in a manner that would fail if SCR tokens are simply held with the intention of reselling at an appreciated value. To clarify, the Platform is an interactive mediadriven platform. SCR tokens are held and used to interact on the Platform. No other tokens or currency may be used therefore, and non-use of the Platform will drive down the market price of the Tokens. Thus, if the general public’s primary objective is to hold an SCR token for investment (I focus on SCR tokens, because SP may not be traded on the secondary market), then the entire Platform will lose value due to non-use. This will render the Tokens worthless. Thus, any primary intent in holding the Tokens solely for investment purposes makes no sense."

I hope you are not invested in it to make money (or hope that most other 'investors' aren't trying to make money), going by the above.

At least bitconnect's model had no problems with price appreciation!

Lol, first person to hit my ignore list ever.

You truly are an idiot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptorusin

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:02:23 PM

I made investments in bitconnect.co and octoin.com simultaneously. At first payments were good and always on time, just like the course, but now I think that my investment in bitconnection is failing
Doomer79

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:09:19 PM

Peбятa ктo мoжeт пoдcкaзaть кaк быть. Кoгдa aдминиcтpaция caйтa биткoннeкт oбъявилa o пpeкpaщeнии лэндингa я пepeвeл дeпoзит в bcc нa биpжy coinexchange. C caйтa bitconnect.co пpишлo пoдтвepждeниe чтo пepeвoд нa тaкoй тo кoшeлeк, c тaкoй тo cyммoй. Ho нa биpжy bcc нe пocтyпили. A нa caмoм caйтe биткoннeктa в paздeлe тpaнзaктии этoт пepeвoд знaчитcя кaк в oжидaнии вoт yжe нeдeлю. Пoддepжкa нe paбoтaeт y ниx. Чтo дeлaть yмa нe пpилoжy. Пoдcкaжитe кaк быть. Moжeт ктo cтaлкивaлcя c тaкoй пpoблeмoй
cryptoraider1

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:09:58 PM

I wouldn't call AGM76 an idiot - well, not for his intelligence anyway. He's got his points nicely laid out, hasn't he? I would call those people idiots who like fudding and fomoing without any business logic or acument - like in coinexchange chat. I just can't be patient enough for reading his long winded explanations. It only tells me he's well invested in this coin. I had to be away from the computers for a while, so I'd sold my coins at $70 peak after buying them at around $31 and am surprised today to see the price at around $16. It should've been either $1.6 or well higher i.e. $160. Looks like people are sitting around the fences and tapping their fingers on their chins - hmmmmmmmmm......hmm...... Some are even arguing with others - you this, you that and again - hmmmmmm......hmmm.... more arguing ..hmmmm.. hmm.. Some have run away really batterred like a loser pride of lion chased away by a pack of heinas. Whatever, hope it will work out alright for all in 2018. Keep diggin in folks! Keep smiling nonetheless  Smiley. Please don't get too personal unless someone starts swearing at or insulting you.  Wink
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:14:22 PM

What's the current price and how does it compare to last month's price? Isn't there a bit of a problem?

He's got his points nicely laid out, hasn't he?

No. Walls of incoherent text are not points. AGM76 is mumbling through various fallacies to deflect the facts and sounds quite dumb or (some benefit of the doubt here) very young.

Peбятa ктo мoжeт пoдcкaзaть кaк быть. Кoгдa aдминиcтpaция caйтa биткoннeкт oбъявилa o пpeкpaщeнии лэндингa я пepeвeл дeпoзит в bcc нa биpжy coinexchange. C caйтa bitconnect.co пpишлo пoдтвepждeниe чтo пepeвoд нa тaкoй тo кoшeлeк, c тaкoй тo cyммoй. Ho нa биpжy bcc нe пocтyпили. A нa caмoм caйтe биткoннeктa в paздeлe тpaнзaктии этoт пepeвoд знaчитcя кaк в oжидaнии вoт yжe нeдeлю. Пoддepжкa нe paбoтaeт y ниx. Чтo дeлaть yмa нe пpилoжy. Пoдcкaжитe кaк быть. Moжeт ктo cтaлкивaлcя c тaкoй пpoблeмoй

Do you have a TX ID?
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:21:11 PM

Everyone knew that bitconnect is ponzi but even participants risked that they could earn as long as they can. It was clearn that this ending will come one day

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
alexandrofff

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:49:26 PM

I like your note because I believe more coins that show their plan and advantages, for example, now I'm reading development plan of LuckyToken and see al steps from the concept development to the Integration and full decentralization of the LuckyToken Platform
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:53:06 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here: https://blockchain.info/address/12cgpFdJViXbwHbhrA3TuW1EGnL25Zqc3P

sghetti

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:59:23 PM

It's funny...coins like DASH are allowed to go up in price and not be called a Ponzi (masternodes sure helped DASH - the promise of free coins forever for holding enough of them and not selling- sounds a bit like lending doesn't it? It basically works exactly the same way - PoS mining/staking isn't much different either except the yearly interest they give you is a fixed percentage instead of variable although the more often you stake, the more it compounds and higher staking amounts tend to pay more often)

DASH was even moaning about Bitconnect to coinmarketcap's Twitter (calling it a Ponzi, no less) when it was rivalling it's billion dollar marketcap and overtaking them. The same day coinmarketcap revised the circulating supply of Bitconnect and it fell from around 6th place to 16th (I can't actually remember the positions but something along those lines).

Proof of stake coins reward you with additional coins for validating transactions on the network and having the network/coins best interests at heart. You don't make additional coins for absolutely nothing and none of these coins guaranteed any type of return on your investment.

Any coin or ICO offering guaranteed returns or playing on the ridiculous price increases of Bitcoin and saying "don't miss out on the next bitcoin" (PlexCoin anyone?) should be kept well clear of.
Doomer79

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:19:43 PM

What's the current price and how does it compare to last month's price? Isn't there a bit of a problem?

No. Walls of incoherent text are not points. AGM76 is mumbling through various fallacies to deflect the facts and sounds quite dumb or (some benefit of the doubt here) very young.

Do you have a TX ID?
Txid : Pending  
Taк нaпиcaнo
Чтo дeлaть пoдcкaжитe пoжaлyйcтa
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:23:41 PM

I like your note because I believe more coins that show their plan and advantages, for example, now I'm reading development plan of LuckyToken and see al steps from the concept development to the Integration and full decentralization of the LuckyToken Platform

From LT's ANN page:

ICO Crowdsale | Timing
March 05-th at 00:00PM (GMT -5) to April 5-th 00:00PM (GMT -5)

Obviously, this ICO is solely meant for Investards who don't know what time it is - start time pegged to EST and end time while on some yacht in the middle of the Atlantic.

YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:26:08 PM

Do you have a TX ID?
Taк нaпиcaнo

Suchmoon was asking about the TxID of the coins you sent them.

Aside: Just noticed the Merit thingy.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Amazing what U$1.5M+ can buy these days --> A FORUM UPGRADE. <humor at theymos' expense>

GeekPublisher

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:28:16 PM

BCC the king of PONZI Scheme  Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:37:48 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 11:57:47 PM by Gleb Gamow
Merited by psycodad (1)

BCC the king of PONZI Scheme  Grin

Dude, you must be wrong, for ...

Name:   bitconnectcoin
Activity:   145
Merit:   100
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   November 15, 2016, 03:42:13 AM
Last Active:   January 15, 2018, 10:05:29 PM

... aren't you aware of BCC's Merit count?

Merit: the quality of being particularly good or worthy, especially so as to deserve praise or reward.

Again, amazing what a U$1.5M+ can buy these days. Thanks to the forum upgrade, trust haz been restored to BitConnect.

Aside: Came here to show off my Merit thingy on this account. I'm tied with Suchmoon. Sans headin' over to Meta, I'm wonderin' if that's the peak or can we, including BCC, up are Merit count?

Edit: While editing this post, I noticed the Merit+ button (next to Edit button). Let me guess. We can up the merit count on our own. How close am I?

EDIT:

You have received a total of 1000 merit. This is what determines your forum rank. You typically cannot lose this merit. You have 200 sendable merit (sMerit) which you can send to other people. There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.

FUCK THAT! I'm hoarding my Merits, or: Who wants to buy 200 sMerit (I'll even put the "s" at the end of Merit if you act within the next 24 hours).

EDIT: Introducing BitConnectM (BCCM): Lend us your sMerit, whereupon you'll earn interest compounded daily and at the end of TBD days, we'll send your initial sMerit back to you.

I'm headin' over to the Marketplace section now and start a thread offering my 200 sMerit for ... wait for it ... ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Back in a sec or two so to provide the link, for I'm dead serious.

Done! Here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818511.0
capensis

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:12:27 AM

Can not even login to BCCX past couple of days at or before ICO opening time. Just keep on getting below message. 

Retry for a live version   
This page (https://bitconnectx.co/login) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare | Hide this Alert
CryptToad

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:14:34 AM

Another unsuccessful day.  This time I couldn't login for 20 minutes.  When I finally got in, coins were sold out again.
domecripto

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:27:47 AM

Did any of you manage to get Bccx for $ 150 these days? It seems impossible to me. I waited for the start time to take my 100 Bccx but I did not take anything. He told me that today's amount had already ended. It seems really stupid to me. Why did not they directly give a certain number of Bccx to those who were cheated with Bcc Scam?
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:34:31 AM

Seems like people are unable to hand them more of their money through BCC.

I hear they are still accepting LTC and BTC for the promise of ICO tokens.
Doomer79

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:41:22 AM

Do you have a TX ID?
[/quote] Txid : Pending  
Taк нaпиcaнo
[/quote]

Aside: Just noticed the Merit thingy.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Amazing what U$1.5M+ can buy these days --> A FORUM UPGRADE. <humor at theymos' expense>
[/quote] B paздeлe тpaнзaкции бoльшe ничeгo нe yкaзaнo. Укaзaнa cyммa тpaнзaкции, paзмep кoмиccии
                       Sent to : (peквизиты кoшeлькa)
Бoльшe ничeгo нeт

Taкжe нa Email пpишлo пиcьмo o тoм, чтo мoнeты ycпeшнo oтпpaвлeны нa этoт кoшeлeк. Ho oни нe пpишли!!!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:58:56 AM

Do you have a TX ID?
Taк нaпиcaнo
[/quote]

Aside: Just noticed the Merit thingy.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Amazing what U$1.5M+ can buy these days --> A FORUM UPGRADE. <humor at theymos' expense>
[/quote] B paздeлe тpaнзaкции бoльшe ничeгo нe yкaзaнo. Укaзaнa cyммa тpaнзaкции, paзмep кoмиccии
                       Sent to : (peквизиты кoшeлькa)
Бoльшe ничeгo нeт

Taкжe нa Email пpишлo пиcьмo o тoм, чтo мoнeты ycпeшнo oтпpaвлeны нa этoт кoшeлeк. Ho oни нe пpишли!!!
[/quote]

You still no understand.

If you sent bitcoin or ETH, show us that transaction. Give us the URL of the TxID.

What we seek looks like this if you sent bitcoin: https://blockchain.info/tx/f1a518aceec497cd2ff40fa57345c3966141efe26c9942dbae8203d97d70824c

Or it looks like this if you sent ETH: https://etherscan.io/tx/0x06c700f34c85a2ee9d272690f0291b0ebb7f7f4bb0ad109676448247fd86b500

(the above for example purposes only, randomly gleaned)
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: