Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:16:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:19:32 AM

My sticks never come up as ICA - they either come up as BEE or BES.  BES works best, I usually expect them to stop working when they report as BEE, and when they do it's almost always cured by changing the USB port the hub is plugged in to.

Under Ubuntu 13.04 Server, the hubs worked best plugged in to the USB3 ports - under Windows best in USB2 ports.  Same hubs, same machine.

The staged underrun thing seems normal, I get that here too.  Mine usually ends up queuing 4 or 8.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HellDiverUK

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:25:03 AM

bfgminer has experince an error and needs to close any idea on why this is,

Wrong SDK versions.  You need to wipe out your ATI drivers totally, and install 12.8 fresh.
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:31:21 AM

My sticks never come up as ICA - they either come up as BEE or BES.  BES works best, I usually expect them to stop working when they report as BEE, and when they do it's almost always cured by changing the USB port the hub is plugged in to.

Under Ubuntu 13.04 Server, the hubs worked best plugged in to the USB3 ports - under Windows best in USB2 ports.  Same hubs, same machine.

The staged underrun thing seems normal, I get that here too.  Mine usually ends up queuing 4 or 8.

Which switch are you using?  "-S all"   or   "-S erupter:all"   or   "--scan-serial erupter:*"      

Icarus flags or no?

Now that I moved the 3 problem children to the windows box and using   -S all    they do show up as ICA on there and have given me zero problems..

It has always showed me 3 as BES and the rest as ICA on the pi.

Now that I have moved the 3 "oddballs" off of the pi everything has been rolling smootly but then, all of sudden about 15 of them went to ERR at the same time and all restarted.. They did ALL restart fine though.

I realize it could be power or hubs or cooling or one bad erupter or a driver or etc etc... Just trying to find out more if I can since it has been so rock solid up until this point. I have been swapping ports & hubs & power adapters & erupters.

Maybe running the getwork server and the erupters is a little too much for the pi?

As for the queue they both (win7 miner and pi miner) have queued up, but only a little  2-4.

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:39:34 AM

I get this error, both in cgminer and BFGminer for my 30gh/s Little SC:

BitForceSC detected (5:1) invalid s-link count: '--DEVICES IN CHAIN: 00x00'
This error is completely impossible with BFGMiner.
I would suspect it is due to cgminer's attempt to reinvent their own non-standard drivers.

If it doesn't work with BFGMiner, using the official FTDI drivers (ie, NOT winusb/zadig), please post the error you get.

Your video is inverted in both dimensions btw O.o

I relied on my friend who just said "same with BFGminer".
Another 60GH/s Single works just fine on the same computer, that's why I assumed it was a device problem.

Video works fine for me, haha.
HellDiverUK

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:22:29 PM

Which switch are you using?  "-S all"   or   "-S erupter:all"   or   "--scan-serial erupter:*"      

-S erupter:all
Icarus flags or no?

None. 

Maybe running the getwork server and the erupters is a little too much for the pi?

As for the queue they both (win7 miner and pi miner) have queued up, but only a little  2-4.

I doubt it - considering the little TP-Link I've got running bfgminer with 11 Erupters, with it's Casio calculator CPU, I think the dual core RPi will run both BFG and the getwork server no problems.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:43:56 PM

My only issue at this point is for some reason 3 out of my 25 sticks show up as BES instead of ICA and are giving me sick/dead restart problems. Before I changed to this version, I have been stable since I set it up. Impressive to say the least. I definitely want my blade connected through BFGminer... So I have isolated the 3 erupters that show up differently and pulled them, now BFG is running like a champ. Not a big deal since my windows machine is always running with my node and so I can just put the 3 "BES"sticks on there. Just thought I would add that information in case someone else is having a similar issue.
This is pretty odd. They really should all show up as BES (Block Erupter Sapphire), but I'm curious as to why that is creating problems for you.
What options are you using? Can you try with just -S erupter:all and not any --icarus-* options, in the same instance?
Temporary workaround in any case: -S erupter:noauto will disable the autodetection of autodetect-capable Erupters (likely the 3 that show up as BES for you).

I have tried -S erupter:all   and   --scan-serial erupter:*
* is not a special character with --scan-serial, and will be ignored.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:28:26 PM

Luke,

I was wondering if you could add JSONP commands to your APIs.
JSONP extension of your APIs would allow to access bfgminer directly from any static (local to browser) page.
AJAX calls can be made from the browser directly to API port.  No cross-domain issues.

I got this idea while extending my akbash interface to support JSONP (in next version) to monitor multiple instances of bfgminer on different computers/sites.

If bfgminer would return JSONP, one static/AJAX page can aggregate/format output from multiple bfgminer instances from remote sites.
Such page can be loaded in the browser via "file://".  No need to run web servers, or third party apps.

I think it will be a nice extension to the API.

af_newbie

Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:48:38 PM

The staged underrun thing seems normal, I get that here too.  Mine usually ends up queuing 4 or 8.

Icarus flags or no?

Now that I moved the 3 problem children to the windows box and using   -S all    they do show up as ICA on there and have given me zero problems..

It has always showed me 3 as BES and the rest as ICA on the pi.

Now that I have moved the 3 "oddballs" off of the pi everything has been rolling smootly but then, all of sudden about 15 of them went to ERR at the same time and all restarted.. They did ALL restart fine though.

I realize it could be power or hubs or cooling or one bad erupter or a driver or etc etc... Just trying to find out more if I can since it has been so rock solid up until this point. I have been swapping ports & hubs & power adapters & erupters.

When the Pi is heavily loaded it needs a good clean power supply.
Mine was forever stalling and restarting.
I now have it connected through a blackberry charger, on its own power outlet, and it has behaved for over a week without crashing.

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
RicRock

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:08:18 AM

I'm mining some AltCoins via P2Pools and would like to disable the automatic increasing of queue size.

Is there a way to do that?
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 04:57:46 AM

My only issue at this point is for some reason 3 out of my 25 sticks show up as BES instead of ICA and are giving me sick/dead restart problems. Before I changed to this version, I have been stable since I set it up. Impressive to say the least. I definitely want my blade connected through BFGminer... So I have isolated the 3 erupters that show up differently and pulled them, now BFG is running like a champ. Not a big deal since my windows machine is always running with my node and so I can just put the 3 "BES"sticks on there. Just thought I would add that information in case someone else is having a similar issue.
This is pretty odd. They really should all show up as BES (Block Erupter Sapphire), but I'm curious as to why that is creating problems for you.
What options are you using? Can you try with just -S erupter:all and not any --icarus-* options, in the same instance?
Temporary workaround in any case: -S erupter:noauto will disable the autodetection of autodetect-capable Erupters (likely the 3 that show up as BES for you).

Thanks for getting back so quick Luke.  Whenever I try with -S erupter:all    NO    --icarus     

-I start getting sick/dead within 10-20 minutes.

Whenever I try    -S erupter:noauto     

- then only the blade shows up   ----No erupters

I got --scan-serial erupter:*   from the  ASIC readme

-I guess I misunderstood the usage.

The only way I've been able to get them running close to as stable as before is by using a similar command to the one I have been using since I started setting up these AsicMiner devices on BFGminer......

bfgminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8332 -u worker99 -p pass -o gbt.mining.eligius.st:9337 -u ITSYOURS -p pass --failover-only -G -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 --coinbase-addr 14qi3gVPuDzcuTiJpdHCoTETFFFvG4SeD3 --coinbase-sig "BUYER99 SOLO MINE"

-Redacted-

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:15:40 AM

I had a BEE/BES issue like that, but it was a couple of versions back.  Have had zero problems with version 3.2.0
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:08:16 PM

Thanks for getting back so quick Luke.  Whenever I try with -S erupter:all    NO    --icarus     

-I start getting sick/dead within 10-20 minutes.

Whenever I try    -S erupter:noauto     

- then only the blade shows up   ----No erupters

I got --scan-serial erupter:*   from the  ASIC readme

-I guess I misunderstood the usage.

The only way I've been able to get them running close to as stable as before is by using a similar command to the one I have been using since I started setting up these AsicMiner devices on BFGminer......

bfgminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:8332 -u worker99 -p pass -o gbt.mining.eligius.st:9337 -u ITSYOURS -p pass --failover-only -G -S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 --coinbase-addr 14qi3gVPuDzcuTiJpdHCoTETFFFvG4SeD3 --coinbase-sig "BUYER99 SOLO MINE"

If you are using the latest version of bfg, I dont think you need "--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100", you can delete that.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:15:50 PM

when to expect stratum proxy enabled for OpenWRT?
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

when to expect stratum proxy enabled for OpenWRT?
After I decide to write stratum proxy support (or someone else contributes it), at least  Tongue

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:06:38 AM

Been back and forth testing CGminer and BFGminer. Since I got my BFL Asics I've notice the CGminer builds take about 90-95% cpu usage on my Rpi and BFGminer gets same performance at ~20% CPU usage. The verdict is in BFGminer is much more efficient for my Rpi.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 04:19:03 AM

Been back and forth testing CGminer and BFGminer. Since I got my BFL Asics I've notice the CGminer builds take about 90-95% cpu usage on my Rpi and BFGminer gets same performance at ~20% CPU usage. The verdict is in BFGminer is much more efficient for my Rpi.

i`ve been back and forth too, trying to get my BE working with CG but they just won`t (maybe due to my inexperience compiling via mingw or something)

BFGminer just works straight away so I`m sticking.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 07:46:49 PM

i`ve been back and forth too, trying to get my BE working with CG but they just won`t (maybe due to my inexperience compiling via mingw or something)

I too was a fan of cgminer for a long time. But today, bfgminer seems to perform better.  I have two mini rigs, same Windows 7 x64 OS on both rigs, one rig is running bfgminer 3.1.4 the other cgminer 3.4.3.
I run them for 10+ hours against EMC.  Both rigs show 480GH (+-2) at the miner.  At the pool, cgminer is consistently showing 30 GH less.  When I switch miners, i.e. run cgminer on the machine that run bfgminer and run bfgminer on the machine that was running cgminer, I get the same results at the pool.  cgminer worker is always 30GH slower (+- 5GH).

The only variable is the miner software.  Unless bad luck consistently follows cgminer worker, there is no other explanation.  Either way, cgminer is losing BTC0.13 a day in my case.
Looks like Luke has finally beaten the cgminer team in terms of performance.  For slower GPUs, FPGAs and entry level ASICs this difference might not be noticeable.  But it is easy to see when running mini rigs.

So yes, bfgminer should be used with ASICs.  Leave cgminer to GPUs and FPGAs.
IMHO, of course. (Spare me the religious discussions of using direct USB vs COM)

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 08:54:00 PM

I too was a fan of cgminer for a long time. But today, bfgminer seems to perform better.  I have two mini rigs, same Windows 7 x64 OS on both rigs, one rig is running bfgminer 3.1.4 the other cgminer 3.4.3.
I run them for 10+ hours against EMC.  Both rigs show 480GH (+-2) at the miner.  At the pool, cgminer is consistently showing 30 GH less.  When I switch miners, i.e. run cgminer on the machine that run bfgminer and run bfgminer on the machine that was running cgminer, I get the same results at the pool.  cgminer worker is always 30GH slower (+- 5GH).

The only variable is the miner software.  Unless bad luck consistently follows cgminer worker, there is no other explanation.  Either way, cgminer is losing BTC0.13 a day in my case.
Looks like Luke has finally beaten the cgminer team in terms of performance.  For slower GPUs, FPGAs and entry level ASICs this difference might not be noticeable.  But it is easy to see when running mini rigs.

So yes, bfgminer should be used with ASICs.  Leave cgminer to GPUs and FPGAs.
IMHO, of course. (Spare me the religious discussions of using direct USB vs COM)

No religious talk from me. If it works, it works, end of!  Could I borrow a mini rig? my 10 block erupter usbs are sweltering under the 113m diff!!!  Sad
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

Need some help

I installed Linux so I can run Blade. When installing miner I followed this steps

http://jarco.be/install-bfgminer-ubuntu-mint/

The problem is that I got 3.1.4 installed not 3.2.0. What I need to do?

Thanks
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:47:48 PM

Need some help

I installed Linux so I can run Blade. When installing miner I followed this steps

http://jarco.be/install-bfgminer-ubuntu-mint/

The problem is that I got 3.1.4 installed not 3.2.0. What I need to do?

Thanks
You might need to build from source until unit3 gets around to updating the PPA Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: