Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL/NCAAF 2016 Picks, Tips, Discussion  (Read 4527 times)
Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:51:10 AM

Man, Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins are so fail. They had two chances - last week and this week - to claim a playoff spot and laid an egg both times. Pathetic. Lost both bets for today, but meh, it was only two bets. I'm already looking forward to next week's NFL playoff action as well as the College Football Playoff National Championship between Alabama and Clemson.

Sunday results:

New York Giants @ Washington Redskins, Over 46 (1.948) : -1.00 bet unit
Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions +3 (2.056) : -1.00 bet unit

Sunday Total: -2.00 bet units
Thread Total: +10.03 bet units
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 06:34:20 AM

Man, Kirk Cousins and the Washington Redskins are so fail. They had two chances - last week and this week - to claim a playoff spot and laid an egg both times. Pathetic. Lost both bets for today, but meh, it was only two bets. I'm already looking forward to next week's NFL playoff action as well as the College Football Playoff National Championship between Alabama and Clemson.

Sunday results:

Even though it was a bad result overall you have done well up 10 units since starting this topic. I am also looking forward to next weeks playoffs and i still have one bet alive for the Super Bowl and that is the New York Giants. I was a little upset as the teams I picked last week all won this week but I didn't bet lol. Anyway we move onto next week and hopefully we both do well.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:34:04 PM

Sunday results:

Even though it was a bad result overall you have done well up 10 units since starting this topic. I am also looking forward to next weeks playoffs and i still have one bet alive for the Super Bowl and that is the New York Giants. I was a little upset as the teams I picked last week all won this week but I didn't bet lol. Anyway we move onto next week and hopefully we both do well.

Yeah, mate. No one can escape variance. Just got to trust your research and analysis and keep moving forward and grinding. And hopefully in the long run you come out ahead. Good luck with your Giants SB pick. (I will be picking against them though this week vs the Packers - nothing personal, mate  Smiley)

Some early plays for this upcoming weekend's NFL playoffs wild card round.

NitrogenSports NFL playoffs wild card round, 1% bets, picks in bold:

New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers -4.5 (1.948)

Green Bay's defense isn't so great while the Giants have been playing really good defense lately and will likely harass Rodgers all game. However, Rodgers is on a roll and is playing at an MVP level right now. Both QB's have weapons to throw to, but I trust Aaron Rodgers at home more than I trust Eli Manning to get the job done.

Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans -3 (2.056)

The Raiders have been good to me all year, but they lost Carr to injury, which is a damn shame because they were having a magical season up to that point. It looks like they will be starting their third string QB Conner Cook who is actually better than their 2nd string QB McGloin. However, going with their third string QB means the Raiders will be playing with a QB who has gotten no practice reps with the first team offense the whole season. Houston's defense is ranked 1st in the league and you can be sure with this being the playoffs, their gameplan will include putting extreme pressure on Conner Cook.

4-Team Teaser +6.5 pts (ties lose), 1% bet, (3.220 odds):
      1. Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks -7.5 (+6.5)
      2. Miami Dolphins @ Pittsburgh Steelers -10 (+6.5)
      3. New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers -4.5 (+6.5)
      4. Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans -3 (+6.5)

Going with the Seahawks and their experience over the less experienced Lions in the playoffs. The Seahawks have looked a little shaky though even with home field advantage so I want to push the line down a bit.

Pittsburgh is a good team with lots of weapons and should win at home, but Miami is no pushover and that line of -10 seems a little high to me so again, I want to move it down a bit.

For my Green Bay and Houston reasoning, see my above straight bets against the spread.

vella85

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 09:28:37 PM

Sunday results:

Yeah, mate. No one can escape variance. Just got to trust your research and analysis and keep moving forward and grinding. And hopefully in the long run you come out ahead. Good luck with your Giants SB pick. (I will be picking against them though this week vs the Packers - nothing personal, mate  Smiley)

Some early plays for this upcoming weekend's NFL playoffs wild card round.

NitrogenSports NFL playoffs wild card round, 1% bets, picks in bold:

New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers -4.5 (1.948)

Green Bay's defense isn't so great while the Giants have been playing really good defense lately and will likely harass Rodgers all game. However, Rodgers is on a roll and is playing at an MVP level right now. Both QB's have weapons to throw to, but I trust Aaron Rodgers at home more than I trust Eli Manning to get the job done.

Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans -3 (2.056)

The Raiders have been good to me all year, but they lost Carr to injury, which is a damn shame because they were having a magical season up to that point. It looks like they will be starting their third string QB Conner Cook who is actually better than their 2nd string QB McGloin. However, going with their third string QB means the Raiders will be playing with a QB who has gotten no practice reps with the first team offense the whole season. Houston's defense is ranked 1st in the league and you can be sure with this being the playoffs, their gameplan will include putting extreme pressure on Conner Cook.

4-Team Teaser +6.5 pts (ties lose), 1% bet, (3.220 odds):
      1. Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks -7.5 (+6.5)
      2. Miami Dolphins @ Pittsburgh Steelers -10 (+6.5)
      3. New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers -4.5 (+6.5)
      4. Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans -3 (+6.5)

Going with the Seahawks and their experience over the less experienced Lions in the playoffs. The Seahawks have looked a little shaky though even with home field advantage so I want to push the line down a bit.

Pittsburgh is a good team with lots of weapons and should win at home, but Miami is no pushover and that line of -10 seems a little high to me so again, I want to move it down a bit.

For my Green Bay and Houston reasoning, see my above straight bets against the spread.

It's all good mate as I did put the Giants on to win the Super Bowl a few months ago now when they were paying pretty good odds. I got them @40-1 so we shall see what happens. Good luck with your picks mate and hopefully we both come out on top after this first round of playoffs.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:07:04 PM

It's all good mate as I did put the Giants on to win the Super Bowl a few months ago now when they were paying pretty good odds. I got them @40-1 so we shall see what happens. Good luck with your picks mate and hopefully we both come out on top after this first round of playoffs.

Thanks mate. Wow, 40-1. That would be an amazing win. Good Luck. Who knows, the Giants might still have some of that playoff magic left around from the last two times they went to the SB with Eli. Even though they are the 5th seed in the NFC, I can see them making it to the Super Bowl as the dark horse. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if Eli suddenly turned it on to go along with their defense which has been playing really well lately and then you throw in a bit of luck on top of it. That would be so sick since no one even talking about them making the SB like all the other teams in the mix.
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 11:07:09 PM

I am liking the picks that you have made on these play-off games that are going on. And that bet against the Raiders was spot on along with the Giants winning. Those were two hard ones to predict. Wink
I think I will be trying my luck with the rest of these play-off games because some good choices to take with your help. And I think I will be using NitogenSports as a sports book for my next bets because the odds are just as nice if not better than where I am betting at now. Wink
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:14:22 AM

I am liking the picks that you have made on these play-off games that are going on. And that bet against the Raiders was spot on along with the Giants winning. Those were two hard ones to predict. Wink
I think I will be trying my luck with the rest of these play-off games because some good choices to take with your help. And I think I will be using NitogenSports as a sports book for my next bets because the odds are just as nice if not better than where I am betting at now. Wink

Thanks for following my picks. I hope whatever info I am able to give is helpful and profitable for anyone following. I like NitrogenSports because they put up their NFL and NCAAF lines really fast and early in the week, which is good for bettors like me who like to jump on the early lines for some (possibly) good value picks. Also they grade bets extremely fast as well, as in within minutes of a result. Good Luck with your bets.
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 12:32:18 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 01:42:39 AM by LLec

Thanks for following my picks. I hope whatever info I am able to give is helpful and profitable for anyone following. I like NitrogenSports because they put up their NFL and NCAAF lines really fast and early in the week, which is good for bettors like me who like to jump on the early lines for some (possibly) good value picks. Also they grade bets extremely fast as well, as in within minutes of a result. Good Luck with your bets.
Ok great to know that they grade bets very fast because I have had numerous problems with getting my bets graded and at times had them in pending for 14 hours after the games results have been given then had to contact support to clear them. Even promotional offers are very difficult to get from them and have to show proof time and time again to even get them to give me that back.
I will be using them in the very near future once I am done with this one that I am currently with.
Send me a affiliate link in a pm if you would like.

I usually place bets of high volume from my bank roll. And this current site I am with will not be getting anymore btc from my bets from me any more. Smiley
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:58:10 AM

Ok great to know that they grade bets very fast because I have had numerous problems with getting my bets graded and at times had them in pending for 14 hours after the games results have been given then had to contact support to clear them. Even promotional offers are very difficult to get from them and have to show proof time and time again to even get them to give me that back.
I will be using them in the very near future once I am done with this one that I am currently with.
Send me a affiliate link in a pm if you would like.

I usually place bets of high volume from my bank roll. And this current site I am with will not be getting anymore btc from my bets from me any more. Smiley

Yes, late grading can handcuff you if you are pressing your bankroll and are waiting for your funds to be released and there are other games you want to bet on immediately. Having to wait for your wagers and winnings to become available for an extended amount of time is very annoying. Sure, you can increase your bankroll amount to counteract this issue, but then you have those funds locked up when they could be used elsewhere. Anyway, I will only bet on sites that have fast grading. Anything longer than 20-30 minutes is just ridiculous.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:15:18 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 07:34:02 PM by Junko

I have a bet on the upcoming NCAA College Playoff Championship Game which will be played Monday 9 January.

NitrogenSports, Monday 9 Jan., 1% bet, pick in bold:

Clemson Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide -6.5 (1.949) (neutral site)

This is sort of a tough one because I can see ways for either team to cover/win in this rematch of last year's championship game. Clemson is hungry for this one and if anyone has a chance of knocking off undefeated Alabama, it's Clemson. If the Tigers win, it will be because of their QB Deshaun Watson. He is much improved from last year. He has the poise and strength to stand in the pocket, get hit and still deliver the ball to his targets. If they win, it will also be because their defensive line controlled the line of scrimmage and Bama's running game like they did last week against Ohio State.

The only thing is, is that Alabama is not Ohio State and is undefeated for a reason. Bama's defense is on a whole other level. If the Crimson Tide wins, it will be because of their defense eventually overwhelming the Tigers and causing Deshaun Watsun to commit turnovers. As I've said in previous posts on Alabama, they have an NFL caliber defense. Most, if not all, of those guys will be playing in the NFL soon.

Like I said, it could go either way because Clemson is super hungry and has the QB and dynamic attack that can beat Alabama, but I am taking Alabama pretty much based on their elite defense and their great head coach. Alabama always plays huge in big games and you can't get any bigger than this one in college football. The key will be shutting down Deshaun Watson and getting turnovers. I think it will be somewhat close in the first half, but Alabama eventually overwhelms in the second half to cover. Roll Tide.

I was able to get Alabama -6.5, but the line has since moved to -7 now. I would still be comfortable taking Bama and laying the 7 pts though.

vella85

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 09:19:02 PM

I have a bet on the upcoming NCAA College Playoff Championship Game which will be played Monday 9 January.

This is sort of a tough one because I can see ways for either team to cover/win in this rematch of last year's championship game. Clemson is hungry for this one and if anyone has a chance of knocking off undefeated Alabama, it's Clemson. If the Tigers win, it will be because of their QB Deshaun Watson. He is much improved from last year. He has the poise and strength to stand in the pocket, get hit and still deliver the ball to his targets. If they win, it will also be because their defensive line controlled the line of scrimmage and Bama's running game like they did last week against Ohio State.

The only thing is, is that Alabama is not Ohio State and is undefeated for a reason. Bama's defense is on a whole other level. If the Crimson Tide wins, it will be because of their defense eventually overwhelming the Tigers and causing Deshaun Watsun to commit turnovers. As I've said in previous posts on Alabama, they have an NFL caliber defense. Most, if not all, of those guys will be playing in the NFL soon.

Like I said, it could go either way because Clemson is super hungry and has the QB and dynamic attack that can beat Alabama, but I am taking Alabama pretty much based on their elite defense and their great head coach. Alabama always plays huge in big games and you can't get any bigger than this one in college football. The key will be shutting down Deshaun Watson and getting turnovers. I think it will be somewhat close in the first half, but Alabama eventually overwhelms in the second half to cover. Roll Tide.

I was able to get Alabama -6.5, but the line has since moved to -7 now. I would still be comfortable taking Bama and laying the 7 pts though.

I agree 100% with this pick mate as I think Bama will win and most likely win easily and cover the spread and it seems that most of thhhe public agree because like you said the line has already moved to -7 now which is a sign that the public is betting on Bama to win and cover the spread.

Thanks mate. Wow, 40-1. That would be an amazing win. Good Luck. Who knows, the Giants might still have some of that playoff magic left around from the last two times they went to the SB with Eli. Even though they are the 5th seed in the NFC, I can see them making it to the Super Bowl as the dark horse. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if Eli suddenly turned it on to go along with their defense which has been playing really well lately and then you throw in a bit of luck on top of it. That would be so sick since no one even talking about them making the SB like all the other teams in the mix.

I know 40-1 was really good odds at the time and I couldn't let that go so I decided to put some money on it. Could we see Pats/Giants 3? Now that would be some Super Bowl if we get Pats/Giants again lol and most likely this time Pats win but like you said the Giants defense has been good all season and is hard to break down and if there is a QB and team that can it's most likely the Pats. Anyway I'm looking too far into the future lol let's get through this week first. Good luck once again mate.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 11:46:50 PM

Who else took Houston and Seattle for tonight's games?
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:31:16 AM

I took Houston vs the spread and as a leg in my teaser play. I also took Seattle as a leg in my teaser.  Smiley

I'll grade all my NFL bets tomorrow (today) though after the last game.
mrdeposit

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 06:17:11 PM

I took Houston vs the spread and as a leg in my teaser play. I also took Seattle as a leg in my teaser.  Smiley

I'll grade all my NFL bets tomorrow (today) though after the last game.

Oh ok, what was your other bets? I took the over 47 on the Miami vs Pittsburgh game. I haven't bet on the Giants vs Packers game yet.
mrdeposit

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:49:20 PM

My pick: Green Bay Packers ML

I'm not sure GB will cover the spread on this one so I went with the win.
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 12:10:00 AM

Your bet on the Packers is looking good at the moment currently winning by 9 points heading into the 4th quarter. Unlucky with your bet on the total over 47 on the Dolphins/Steelers game, if the Steelers just scored a touchdown in the 4th you would of won. Anyway good luck with the Packers mate and same for you Junko as so far your teaser is looking good.

Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:44:37 AM

NFL Wild Card Playoff weekend is in the books and all the favorites destroyed the dogs, covering their respective spreads easily. I'm pretty happy with how things went today, even though I try not to be results oriented, since I know very well you can be riding high one day, but then crash and burn the next.

Your bet on the Packers is looking good at the moment currently winning by 9 points heading into the 4th quarter. Unlucky with your bet on the total over 47 on the Dolphins/Steelers game, if the Steelers just scored a touchdown in the 4th you would of won. Anyway good luck with the Packers mate and same for you Junko as so far your teaser is looking good.

Thanks, vella, mate. I just wish I was more confident and made it a parlay instead of a teaser. Sorry that your Giants Super Bowl pick went down though. That would have been a nice hit for you.

And congrats, mrdeposit on your wins. Bad luck on your Mia-Pit Over bet though. The Dolphins or the Steelers should have scored at least once more in the 4th, but they both blew it.

Anyway, here are my results for this weekend's NFL action (totals at the bottom):

Weekend Total: +5.16 bet units
Thread Total: +15.19 bet units
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 04:34:30 AM

NFL Wild Card Playoff weekend is in the books and all the favorites destroyed the dogs, covering their respective spreads easily. I'm pretty happy with how things went today, even though I try not to be results oriented, since I know very well you can be riding high one day, but then crash and burn the next.

Thanks, vella, mate. I just wish I was more confident and made it a parlay instead of a teaser. Sorry that your Giants Super Bowl pick went down though. That would have been a nice hit for you.

And congrats, mrdeposit on your wins. Bad luck on your Mia-Pit Over bet though. The Dolphins or the Steelers should have scored at least once more in the 4th, but they both blew it.

Anyway, here are my results for this weekend's NFL action (totals at the bottom):

Weekend Total: +5.16 bet units
Thread Total: +15.19 bet units

Congrats on your hits mate and a nice little profit for the weekend. Yeah I'm now out of my Super Bowl bets but I knew they were going to be high risk and I was willing to risk it for a big reward but it didn't pan out that way. Overall I'm in profit for the season even though on my tipster topic I'm down. Just think if you took all the favorites to cover the spread you would of made a nice amount of cash but at least you still hit your teaser but yeah I know what you mean.

cryptoburst61

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:18:24 PM

I want to thank Junko for making this topic on the nfl because I make good profit following you picks. I miss this weeks picks because I was away and I am sad because I see you make good money again. Maybe this week I put bets on your picks.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:12:36 PM

Congrats on your hits mate and a nice little profit for the weekend. Yeah I'm now out of my Super Bowl bets but I knew they were going to be high risk and I was willing to risk it for a big reward but it didn't pan out that way. Overall I'm in profit for the season even though on my tipster topic I'm down. Just think if you took all the favorites to cover the spread you would of made a nice amount of cash but at least you still hit your teaser but yeah I know what you mean.

Thanks, bud. Yeah, it was nice results especially after NFL week 17 week's meh. I know, I know, we said we've moved on from that debacle, but it's still nice to come back. And who knows what next week will bring. Anyway, it's good to hear you are in profit for the year. That's what it's all about, the long term. Keep it up, mate!

I want to thank Junko for making this topic on the nfl because I make good profit following you picks. I miss this weeks picks because I was away and I am sad because I see you make good money again. Maybe this week I put bets on your picks.

Hey, cryptoburst61. Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it. And thanks for following. Sorry you missed this last week's picks, but I'm happy for you that you've made good profit following my picks. I should have some plays for next weekend's NFL divisional playoff action soon, like within the next day or so.

Big game tonight: College Football Playoff Championship between Clemcon Tigers and undefeated Alabama Crimson Tide.

I've previously made my pick on this game already, Alabama -6.5. Since then, the line has gone to -7, then back to -6.5 and now it's currently at -6. So it looks like the money is coming in late on Clemson.  I don't think Alabama offensive coordinator and playcaller, Lane Kiffin, suddenly leaving Alabama is as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. It's a big deal for sure, but like I said, not as big a deal as people think. I'm still sticking with Alabama covering -6.5. Not that I have a choice, since my bet has already been booked, but my reasoning remains the same. I'll just quote what I said earlier:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: