Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL/NCAAF 2016 Picks, Tips, Discussion  (Read 4527 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 05:14:21 AM

Thanks, man. I hope they cover too, though I think it will be a close game as well. In any case, it should be a great game to watch because of the rivalry and especially given how each of these teams seem to have been touched with some kind of magic this season.

Well the Chiefs did it mate and congrats on the win at the -3.5 point spread. I was getting a little worried late in the game and to be honest as I said in my topic the Raiders had their chances but couldn't convert on them and in the end lost them the game. I think now they drop to the 5th seed in the playoff race from being 1st. Looking forward to Sunday's games now and good luck for Sunday mate.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:27:49 PM

I bet on your picks junko for nfl and i hope Kansas city can hold onto the lead. I said in vella topic that I bet on them at the ml and -3.5 spread so I hope they can. I bet on redskins ml but a little worried because the eagles have a good home record this season where they win most of there games.

Thanks for following my picks, cryptoburst. The game felt closer than what the final score indicated with Oakland threatening throughout the second half and at the end, but KC did hold onto the lead and covered. A nice win for me and a great win for you with your ML and ATS picks. Congrats!

And don't worry about the Eagles. The current state of that team right now trumps whatever their home record is. Trust me, Philadelphia has thrown in the towel. They have nothing to play for while the Redskins have motivation to win bc they still have a shot at a wildcard playoff spot. And Kirk Cousins has an extra incentive of playing for a big money, multi-year contract for either the Redskins or another team after this season. Of course there is a possibility that the Eagles may win. As the saying goes, "Any given Sunday" any team can win. But just reread what I posted earlier about the Eagle-Redskins game and hopefully that will reassure you:

Sunday 11 Dec. NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bet, pick in bold:

Washington Redskins PK (1.921) @ Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles are hot garbage as a team. They looked lifeless last week against the lowly Cincinnati Bengals who man-shamed them. Philadelphia's rookie head coach is absolutely clueless in all aspects - poor decision making, poor play calling, the team seems unprepared for games, undisciplined, poor execution, etc, etc. The players play with no heart. The game seems too fast for their rookie QB Wentz right now causing him to make poor decisions with the ball. His OL can't give him any protection.  His accuracy is bad and his receivers don't give him much help anyway. The Eagles defensive secondary is getting consistently clowned week after week after week.

Meanwhile, the Redskins aren't that great either, but they at least seem to have some semblence of competence. Kirk Cousins, having gotten franchise-tagged by the Redskins, has incentive and is playing for a big payday in a lucrative contract. And he does have weapons in his WRs. The Redskins should have been opened by at least -3 to -3.5 pts imho. I will happily jump on the spread being PK.

The line for the game has since moved from PK to Washington -2.5 on NitrogenSports.

Thanks, man. I hope they cover too, though I think it will be a close game as well. In any case, it should be a great game to watch because of the rivalry and especially given how each of these teams seem to have been touched with some kind of magic this season.

Well the Chiefs did it mate and congrats on the win at the -3.5 point spread. I was getting a little worried late in the game and to be honest as I said in my topic the Raiders had their chances but couldn't convert on them and in the end lost them the game. I think now they drop to the 5th seed in the playoff race from being 1st. Looking forward to Sunday's games now and good luck for Sunday mate.

Thanks, mate. Congrats to you too. A nice win for all of us who went with the Chiefs. Even though they didn't get any turnovers, the Chief's defense did a fine job holding the Raiders to just 13 points. I think the below freezing temperature and his injured pinky might have played a part in Carr being off with his normally accurate throws. He was just 17/41 for 117 yards. Something to keep in mind for the future if Oakland has to play in very cold weather again. Good Luck to you and everyone else with their picks and bets this weekend.

Thursday's result:

Kansas City Chiefs -3.5 (2.016) : Win +1.02 bet units

Thread Total: +5.90 bet units
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 12:49:39 AM

I bet on your picks junko for nfl and i hope Kansas city can hold onto the lead. I said in vella topic that I bet on them at the ml and -3.5 spread so I hope they can. I bet on redskins ml but a little worried because the eagles have a good home record this season where they win most of there games.

Thanks for following my picks, cryptoburst. The game felt closer than what the final score indicated with Oakland threatening throughout the second half and at the end, but KC did hold onto the lead and covered. A nice win for me and a great win for you with your ML and ATS picks. Congrats!

And don't worry about the Eagles. The current state of that team right now trumps whatever their home record is. Trust me, Philadelphia has thrown in the towel. They have nothing to play for while the Redskins have motivation to win bc they still have a shot at a wildcard playoff spot. And Kirk Cousins has an extra incentive of playing for a big money, multi-year contract for either the Redskins or another team after this season. Of course there is a possibility that the Eagles may win. As the saying goes, "Any given Sunday" any team can win. But just reread what I posted earlier about the Eagle-Redskins game and hopefully that will reassure you:

Sunday 11 Dec. NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bet, pick in bold:

Washington Redskins PK (1.921) @ Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles are hot garbage as a team. They looked lifeless last week against the lowly Cincinnati Bengals who man-shamed them. Philadelphia's rookie head coach is absolutely clueless in all aspects - poor decision making, poor play calling, the team seems unprepared for games, undisciplined, poor execution, etc, etc. The players play with no heart. The game seems too fast for their rookie QB Wentz right now causing him to make poor decisions with the ball. His OL can't give him any protection.  His accuracy is bad and his receivers don't give him much help anyway. The Eagles defensive secondary is getting consistently clowned week after week after week.

Meanwhile, the Redskins aren't that great either, but they at least seem to have some semblence of competence. Kirk Cousins, having gotten franchise-tagged by the Redskins, has incentive and is playing for a big payday in a lucrative contract. And he does have weapons in his WRs. The Redskins should have been opened by at least -3 to -3.5 pts imho. I will happily jump on the spread being PK.

The line for the game has since moved from PK to Washington -2.5 on NitrogenSports.

Thanks, mate. Congrats to you too. A nice win for all of us who went with the Chiefs. Even though they didn't get any turnovers, the Chief's defense did a fine job holding the Raiders to just 13 points. I think the below freezing temperature and his injured pinky might have played a part in Carr being off with his normally accurate throws. He was just 17/41 for 117 yards. Something to keep in mind for the future if Oakland has to play in very cold weather again. Good Luck to you and everyone else with their picks and bets this weekend.

Thursday's result:

Kansas City Chiefs -3.5 (2.016) : Win +1.02 bet units

Thread Total: +5.90 bet units

Yeah you might be onto something there with Carr not being able to play as well as he would of liked due to the cold weather. I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the remaining games of the season.

I decided to put on a small parlay with all at the money line as I think the teams I went with have a great chance at winning and the odds were decent at just over $10 however it's a 5 team parlay which can make it a little harder. I got the Broncos,Bengals, Colts, Steelers and Falcons all winning at the money line. I was going to take your pick Steelers -2 but I think the money line is paying great odds @1.70 and is much safer lol Good luck mate!

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 01:41:26 AM

Yeah you might be onto something there with Carr not being able to play as well as he would of liked due to the cold weather. I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the remaining games of the season.

I decided to put on a small parlay with all at the money line as I think the teams I went with have a great chance at winning and the odds were decent at just over $10 however it's a 5 team parlay which can make it a little harder. I got the Broncos,Bengals, Colts, Steelers and Falcons all winning at the money line. I was going to take your pick Steelers -2 but I think the money line is paying great odds @1.70 and is much safer lol Good luck mate!

Yeah, 5 leg parlays are harder, especially ATS, as just one little mishap can ruin it. But I can see all those teams in your parlay winning the ML. 10.00 odds will be very nice if you hit it. May the football betting gods smile upon your picks, mate.  Smiley

I'll likely have one, maybe two more plays to add to my picks this weekend. Not sure, still shopping the lines. If I don't see anything I really like, I may just end up moving the lines on certain games in some kind of teaser play as a fun experiment. Idk, we'll see.
bithasher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:37:01 PM

Buffalo Bills vs Pittsburgh Steelers still not fully convinced that moneyline is good. Pittsburgh Steelers are on winning track at away but I will not take any team. Under 49.5 total is nice @1.62 odds for this game. In my opinion we may not see even 40 as total but having huge marginal space is always good and recommended in NFL matches.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 06:22:33 PM

Buffalo Bills vs Pittsburgh Steelers still not fully convinced that moneyline is good. Pittsburgh Steelers are on winning track at away but I will not take any team. Under 49.5 total is nice @1.62 odds for this game. In my opinion we may not see even 40 as total but having huge marginal space is always good and recommended in NFL matches.

The weather forecast for Orchard Park, NY during the game calls for snow and temperatures to be below freezing with 10 mph wind. So that certainly favors the under for sure. Good Luck!
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 01:33:21 AM

Just going to add one more play for Sunday.

NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bet, pick in bold:

Minnesota Vikings -3 (1.880) @ Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jaguars aren't as bad as their record indicates, but the Vikings are clearly the better team. Minnesota's defense slowed the best team in the NFC down a bit in Dallas ten days ago and shouldn't have any problems shutting down the Jag's struggling offense on Sunday in Jacksonville.

I am going to list all my picks for Sunday here to make it easier to go through and grade at the end of the day. For my reasoning behind my picks, just scroll through my previous posts for this week.

Sunday picks summary:

NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bets, picks in bold:

1) Cincinnati Bengals -4 (1.948) @Cleveland Browns
2) Washington Redskins PK (1.921) @Philadelphia Eagles
3) Minnesota Vikings -3 (1.880) @ Jacksonville Jaguars
4) 3-Leg Parlay, 1% bet, (6.950)
         Pittsburgh Steelers -2
         Tampa Bay Buccaneers -2.5
         San Francisco 49ers -2.5

vella85

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 04:21:26 AM

Just going to add one more play for Sunday.

Minnesota Vikings -3 (1.880) @ Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jaguars aren't as bad as their record indicates, but the Vikings are clearly the better team. Minnesota's defense slowed the best team in the NFC down a bit in Dallas ten days ago and shouldn't have any problems shutting down the Jag's struggling offense on Sunday in Jacksonville.

I am going to list all my picks for Sunday here to make it easier to go through and grade at the end of the day. For my reasoning behind my picks, just scroll through my previous posts for this week.

Sunday picks summary:

NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bets, picks in bold:

1) Cincinnati Bengals -4 (1.948) @Cleveland Browns
2) Washington Redskins PK (1.921) @Philadelphia Eagles
3) Minnesota Vikings -3 (1.880) @ Jacksonville Jaguars
4) 3-Leg Parlay, 1% bet, (6.950)
         Pittsburgh Steelers -2
         Tampa Bay Buccaneers -2.5
         San Francisco 49ers -2.5

I also like the Vikings to cover the spread but I already put them on at the money line @1.60 and once I place a bet on a team I never put any more money on. But I think they can cover the -3 and they also have a lot to play for as they are still alive in the playoff race and need to keep winning. Something is also telling me that the New York Giants can upset the Cowboys, so I'll see how I go first and if I made some profit I might put a small amount on the Giants to win at the money line or maybe even to cover the spread. Not long now before Sunday's games start so good luck mate and hopefully we make some good amount of money.

Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 02:11:40 AM

Results for my following Sunday NFL picks at the bottom.

Sunday's results:

Cincinnati Bengals -4 (1.948) : Win +0.95 bet units
Washington Redskins PK (1.921) : Win +0.90 bet units
Minnesota Vikings -3 (1.880) : Win +0.88 bet units
3-Leg Parlay (6.950) : Loss -1.00 bet units
      Pittsburgh Steelers -2 : W
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers : W
      San Francisco 49ers : L

Sunday Total : +1.73 bet units
Thread Total : +7.63 bet units
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 04:00:32 AM

Well done mate on the wins and you were very unlucky with the 49ers loosing in OT. They looked like they would win that game but let the Jets back in it. I also thought the Skins were going to loose at the death once again but lucky the Eagles QB had a fumble. I did okay with my picks, my big win was with Green Bay and the Vikings winning and they were my picks I was most confident about and also the Colts which let me down badly. It wasn't the same team as on Monday night.

Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:45:43 AM

Well done mate on the wins and you were very unlucky with the 49ers loosing in OT. They looked like they would win that game but let the Jets back in it. I also thought the Skins were going to loose at the death once again but lucky the Eagles QB had a fumble. I did okay with my picks, my big win was with Green Bay and the Vikings winning and they were my picks I was most confident about and also the Colts which let me down badly. It wasn't the same team as on Monday night.

Thanks , Bud. Yeah, the 49ers can't be counted on to come through with anything. They are just terrible. I was lucky with the Redskins winning, but at the same time, I wasn't surprised that the Eagles and their rookie QB weren't clutch at the end. I saw that you did do okay with your NFL picks, but that the Colts couldn't pull through for you. Oh well, let's see what next week brings for us.
zero1ten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 12:41:42 PM

I'm going with the Patriots -6.5 vs Baltimore this Monday Night Football, the lack of offense for the Ravens look very promising for New England to cover the -6.5 spread. Good Luck to all

NE Patriots -6.5
2 units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 07:07:42 PM

I'm going with the Patriots -6.5 vs Baltimore this Monday Night Football, the lack of offense for the Ravens look very promising for New England to cover the -6.5 spread. Good Luck to all

NE Patriots -6.5
2 units

Hey, zero1ten. I'm betting 1 unit on the Pats -6, myself. Good Luck to us both.

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots -6 (1.921)

Tom Brady and the Pats at home are just a better team. Gronkowski is out for the rest of the season, but New England still has enough weapons and coach Belicheck will be able to come up with the schemes to utilize those weapons successfully.

Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 06:22:24 AM

NE Patriots -6.5
2 units

Good pick, mate. And very nice win on your 2 unit bet. The Ravens came back in the second half and threatened at the end, but happily for us, New England held on for the cover.

Monday Night result:

New England Patriots -6 (1.921) : Win +0.92 bet units

Thread Total : +8.55 bet units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:51:27 AM

Two early plays for Sunday's NFL games.

18 Dec. NitrogenSports 1% bet, picks in bold:

Oakland Raiders -3 (2.106) @ San Diego Chargers

Carr didn't perform well in the Kansas City cold their last game. However, his pinky finger has had more time to heal and when the Raiders visit San Diego, the weather will be beautiful. The Raiders will be motivated to maintain/improve their playoff positioning. The Chargers have really nothing to play for. Melvin and Bosa are questionable, but it looks like Bosa will play. Melvin is day to day. Have to question if San Diego really wants to risk further injury to their two star players. And Rivers has been throwing out interceptions like it was candy the last few games. I like the Raiders -3 in this one.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +7 (1.976) @ Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay has been playing really good defense recently. Dallas meanwhile seems to be having trouble with teams with good defenses. I'll take the Bucs and the points.

shadobitz

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:53:17 AM

NE Patriots -6.5
2 units

Good pick, mate. And very nice win on your 2 unit bet. The Ravens came back in the second half and threatened at the end, but happily for us, New England held on for the cover.

Monday Night result:

New England Patriots have great streak that is why it moving wonderfully so nice, congrats on this nice win so if they keep maintain its momentum like this than it will be good to make profit with comfort on them.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 06:54:46 PM

New England Patriots have great streak that is why it moving wonderfully so nice, congrats on this nice win so if they keep maintain its momentum like this than it will be good to make profit with comfort on them.

Thanks. Yep, New England is rolling right now. They are on a mission. They have the best coach in the NFL, Brady is continuing on with his F**k You Tour and they have the weapons. The Pats just keep finding ways to churn out victories no matter who they play against. The only team that can possibly stop them in the AFC is maybe Kansas City if they are completely healthy on defense.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 06:58:20 PM

Thanks. Yep, New England is rolling right now. They are on a mission. They have the best coach in the NFL, Brady is continuing on with his F**k You Tour and they have the weapons. The Pats just keep finding ways to churn out victories no matter who they play against. The only team that can possibly stop them in the AFC is maybe Kansas City if they are completely healthy on defense.
That was a matchup last night to remember. Ravens were the toughest defensive team in the nfl but New England just surgically picked them apart at the end.
I bet on over 54.5 points scored and was only off by 1.5. Brady could of scored at the end with 40 seconds on the clock and it was 1st down but didn't. They could of even put in a field goal but just let the time run out.
Almost won that at good odds too. Ah well! Undecided

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:12:00 PM

That was a matchup last night to remember. Ravens were the toughest defensive team in the nfl but New England just surgically picked them apart at the end.
I bet on over 54.5 points scored and was only off by 1.5. Brady could of scored at the end with 40 seconds on the clock and it was 1st down but didn't. They could of even put in a field goal but just let the time run out.
Almost won that at good odds too. Ah well! Undecided
Oh man, that sucks. That's a tough one especially since the score at halftime was so low, but then picked up in the second half. Such a tease. I feel for you, man. Yeah at the end the people who had New England -7 were prolly not happy they didn't kick a field goal when it was 4th and 1, but elected rather to go for it instead to end the game. I bet if it would have been like 4th-and-5 or even 4th-and-3, NE might have kicked the field goal to make it a 10 pt lead with little time left. The thought process was prolly, it's easier to just get one yard and end it rather than risk something crazy bad happening on a field goal try. But at least those who had NE -7 got a push, while you got f'ed. Sorry to hear that.
vella85

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 09:22:37 PM

NE Patriots -6.5
2 units

Monday Night result:

Well done on another win mate and it got close towards the end there but the Pats were able to cover the spread for you. I decided not to have a bet on the game and just watched instead. We are now starting to see the playoff picture take shape with a few teams still alive if they play well. Just look at the AFC South any of the 3 teams can still make it lol and even if the Colts don't make it I still have the Giants and Vikings to win the Super Bowl but it's looking like a Cowboys/Pats Super Bowl at the moment. Good luck with this weeks picks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: