Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:27:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323658 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:07:57 PM

Currently, we're hard at work at integrating the new UI as well as preparing a release of a public api. To clarify, while the api 1.0 release will assist any 3rd party developer with automating adding content it by no means will be as robustly powerful as we want it to be and this will be addressed in revisions going forward.

We've received a lot of support from the community in the last few weeks and it looks like we've grown a lot so I'm going to reiterate over a few points:

The project still supports web torrents, but has shifted towards IPFS as a primary means of content delivery.

We'll release a comprehensive guide on adding content after the new UI.

We're internally discussing the scope of the project. To briefly elaborate on this while the goals of the project initially set are admirable and ambitious we may have been a bit short sighted in terms of defining the scope of what Pure Vidz hopes to achieve. I'll discuss more on this when more concrete decisions have been made. Given the way the project is currently set up, for Bittrex and matters pertaining to identity verification, as someone else pointed out it should be obvious we will not dox ourselves and put ourselves in a position where Bittrex or any other exchange can be subpoenaed for that information.

Please note that even after the UI is updated in a few days and the new one is usable there will still be much to add to it and change going forward so we thank you for your patience.
Odrak

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:14:11 PM

Currently, we're hard at work at integrating the new UI as well as preparing a release of a public api. To clarify, while the api 1.0 release will assist any 3rd party developer with automating adding content it by no means will be as robustly powerful as we want it to be and this will be addressed in revisions going forward.

We've received a lot of support from the community in the last few weeks and it looks like we've grown a lot so I'm going to reiterate over a few points:

The project still supports web torrents, but has shifted towards IPFS as a primary means of content delivery.

We're internally discussing the scope of the project. To briefly elaborate on this while the goals of the project initially set are admirable and ambitious we may have been a bit short sighted in terms of defining the scope of what Pure Vidz hopes to achieve. I'll discuss more on this when more concrete decisions have been made. Given the way the project is currently set up, for Bittrex and matters pertaining to identity verification, as someone else pointed out it should be obvious we will not dox ourselves and put ourselves in a position where Bittrex or any other exchange can be subpoenaed for that information.

Please note that even after the UI is updated in a few days and the new one is usable there will still be much to add to it and change going forward so we thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the update. All good news since the start
obstinatekittens

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:14:49 PM

You guys are awesome, I love your spirit keep up the good work devs!!!
vidzwhale

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:20:15 PM

2 days left

BTC ADDRESS FOR VIDZ LISTING
1NYK7i5AxSKjY9KJ2jqdFrSQK5cM8aQMkn

SUPPORTERS

vidzwhale: 0.25 (OK)
Jayt 0.03 btc (OK)
Lootz 0.10 btc (OK)  

ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:21:04 PM

Awesome Dev will this be eventually all IPFS after moving from torrent ?
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:23:17 PM

We're not abandoning web torrent technology, so no it's never be entirely IPFS. The issue with web torrents is they're not quite up to par where we need them for a production environment. From our testing with IPFS, there are certain changes that need to be made in how our systems work but it's holding up quite well.
Odrak

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:24:20 PM

Awesome Dev will this be eventually all IPFS after moving from torrent ?

Both WebTorrents and IPFS will be supported
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:35:06 PM

I am curious if the white paper explanation completely encompasses how you foresee the coin being integrated with the website?

Will aim to discuss this more in the future, but can't at this time. See the section I bolded.
Sindren

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

Love me tender

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:42:26 PM

Can i ask abou legality/illegality .. i'm not care but for exchanges it can be a problem i think? what is devs opinion, pls?
Sindren

Love me tender

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:51:49 PM

Poloniex Coin Request
Your coin request has been recorded and will be reviewed by Poloniex staff. Thank you. Please only submit this form once per user per coin.
obstinatekittens

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:01:03 PM

Poloniex Coin Request
Your coin request has been recorded and will be reviewed by Poloniex staff. Thank you. Please only submit this form once per user per coin.

Boom  Grin
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:03:18 PM

how to prevent coin from staking ?  ijsut want to have them in my wallet but i want not to have them blocked....
Sindren

Love me tender

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:05:19 PM

how to prevent coin from staking ?  ijsut want to have them in my wallet but i want not to have them blocked....
lock your wallet Smiley
cptfisher

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:22:15 PM

i have locked the wallet , restarted , made a new backup of the encrypted  wallet. anyway , despite the fact that it says not staking due to locked wallet  the amount of vidz spendable is 0 and the all the vidz i have are in stake amount. is this because they were staking and produced some vidz and i will have to wait that the produced coins are mature  to get back all in the spendable amount or what ?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:28:57 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 10:44:09 PM by Dabs

... for Bittrex and matters pertaining to identity verification, as someone else pointed out it should be obvious we will not dox ourselves and put ourselves in a position where Bittrex or any other exchange can be subpoenaed for that information.

Hey dev, I've got a solution to that problem. You simply have to make them believe the dox you gave is legit. Oh ... darn ... why did I state the obvious. (Pay someone to accept a phone call or postal mail ... blah blah blah, dark markets do it all the time.)

The real solution is to ignore the exchange. They will add VIDZ because they see the volume they are missing out on (and the trading fees they could have earned.) And the issue about an anonymous dev disappearing, particularly in this case, isn't a problem because you're not going to disappear.

How do I know the devs won't disappear? I don't. But they still don't have 25% of the escrowed ICO funds, which is small, compared to the VIDZ dev fund they do already have. It would not make sense for them or to me to just up and go unless their lives are in mortal danger.

But even, if for example, I were a dev of some coin called DabsCoin (hypothetically speaking), and I gave my real true to life dox to some exchange, uh ... no one is coming to my house. They can send me stuff all they want. No regular police, or military or other law enforcement agent is getting within 1000 meters of my place without me knowing or without my permission. But that's just me. (I'm buddies with the current sitting head of state in my country who has about 5 years left in his term, not that that matters.)

i have locked the wallet , restarted , made a new backup of the encrypted  wallet. anyway , despite the fact that it says not staking due to locked wallet  the amount of vidz spendable is 0 and the all the vidz i have are in stake amount. is this because they were staking and produced some vidz and i will have to wait that the produced coins are mature  to get back all in the spendable amount or what ?

You can also use a reservebalance of more than you have, such as 99999999. Yes, you will have to wait for your previously staked coins to mature before they are spendable.

cptfisher

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:30:50 PM

ok thx for explanation Smiley i wanna hold the coins  but if they reach an interesting price im gonna sell a part of them to "ROI" my investment without dumping and timing is all
Sindren

Love me tender

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:34:30 PM

If devs need someone to expose for trex and so, i can provide few real identities with living ppl in the eu Smiley pm me..
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:41:04 PM

If devs need someone to expose for trex and so, i can provide few real identities with living ppl in the eu Smiley pm me..

LOL. You beat me to it, I just edited my post after you posted.

Kamosdeaquario

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:51:11 PM

I am curious if the white paper explanation completely encompasses how you foresee the coin being integrated with the website?

Will aim to discuss this more in the future, but can't at this time. See the section I bolded.

How will the VIDZ coin be used on the website?
PikachuYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Me is Cute

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:55:22 PM

Bittrex might not be out of the equation just yet..........

Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: