Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC at $1,000 by Christmas?  (Read 11630 times)
blackmagician

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:54:05 AM

Will we find this gift under our tree?
I hope so and If that happens im one of the happy person this coming christmas eve, i now have extra money to buy gifts for my  son,nephew and nieces.what a wonderful gift this coming christmas.

the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:55:28 AM

Will we find this gift under our tree?
I already sold out my bitcoin i thought it will never go up again Smiley but it's okay im going to work harder in trading so i can earn more again it would be nice if bitcoin will hit $1,000 by christmas or after this year it's so nice that bitcoin is getting so strong.

Bitcoin lesson #1: buy coins when you can and never sell them.

Under construction.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:21:24 AM

it would be nice if bitcoin will hit $1,000 by christmas or after this year it's so nice that bitcoin is getting so strong.

I think the idea of reaching $1000 is much nicer than the actual profit that you may get from it. Example; If you buy 0.5BTC right now, and the price happens to reach the $1000 level, then it's just a profit of ~$120. I personally can't really get excited with such profits.

But it is still around 25% of returns. If you get that much within a month or two and you don't get excited with such profits, what does excite you then? Your capital would be tripled in a year if such growth should continue for so long. I don't really think there are a lot of investment opportunities that could yield so much in so short a time unless you engage in illegal activities such as drugs or similar things.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:33:24 AM

it would be nice if bitcoin will hit $1,000 by christmas or after this year it's so nice that bitcoin is getting so strong.

I think the idea of reaching $1000 is much nicer than the actual profit that you may get from it. Example; If you buy 0.5BTC right now, and the price happens to reach the $1000 level, then it's just a profit of ~$120. I personally can't really get excited with such profits.

But it is still around 25% of returns. If you get that much within a month or two and you don't get excited with such profits, what does excite you then? Your capital would be tripled in a year if such growth should continue for so long. I don't really think there are a lot of investment opportunities that could yield so much in so short a time unless you engage in illegal activities such as drugs or similar things.

I was more referring to small buyers that mostly buy way less than a whole Bitcoin due to the current price. If you buy 0.5BTC at current prices, and eventually make $120 profit after months of waiting, then it indeed doesn't get me excited. Also, it is far from certain that we will reach $1000 within a few months. We might not even see that price in 2017. But if you are buying yourself like 10BTC at current prices, and the price does happen to reach $1000, then you'll be making $2400 in profits. That's what gets me excited.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:52:52 AM

Well, no. If that so happens, then there will be a massive dumping next year, and the price will fall drastically. So I would prefer stable and steady increase in price and hope it reaches around $800 this Christmas. That would be more beneficial to bitcoin, in the long term.

I would prefer it to rise steadily and break $1000 barrier in the fall of 2017. This would help to avoid any huge dump in the market value of bitcoins, thus benefiting all users in the long term.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:03:21 PM

I was more referring to small buyers that mostly buy way less than a whole Bitcoin due to the current price. If you buy 0.5BTC at current prices, and eventually make $120 profit after months of waiting, then it indeed doesn't get me excited. Also, it is far from certain that we will reach $1000 within a few months. We might not even see that price in 2017. But if you are buying yourself like 10BTC at current prices, and the price does happen to reach $1000, then you'll be making $2400 in profits. That's what gets me excited.

I get what you mean, but it is all relative. If you personally don't get excited by $120 of profits, someone might not be quite excited by $2400 in profits either. That's why such conclusions don't make much sense themselves, and it is seems to be more correct to speak in terms of percentages, anyway. In my view, 25% in a few months is more than enough to excite even Warren Buffett himself.

Though with his volumes it will be impossible to get such returns through bitcoins.
OrangeII

Activity: 2100
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:26:05 PM

Well, no. If that so happens, then there will be a massive dumping next year, and the price will fall drastically. So I would prefer stable and steady increase in price and hope it reaches around $800 this Christmas. That would be more beneficial to bitcoin, in the long term.

I would prefer it to rise steadily and break $1000 barrier in the fall of 2017. This would help to avoid any huge dump in the market value of bitcoins, thus benefiting all users in the long term.
well, although not impossible, but I may disagree with what you say. bitcoin prices may not reach $ 1,000 at Christmas time. I further believe that the price of bitcoin will rise higher than the price of $ 900 at the beginning of 2017. Well, all possibilities can happen in 2017, and most likely, the price will reach $ 1,000 bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:55:00 PM

well, although not impossible, but I may disagree with what you say. bitcoin prices may not reach $ 1,000 at Christmas time. I further believe that the price of bitcoin will rise higher than the price of $ 900 at the beginning of 2017. Well, all possibilities can happen in 2017, and most likely, the price will reach $ 1,000 bitcoin

Christmas time is so near to be happen and i surely guess that it wouldn't truly reach for that price and i don't see anyonw telling that to be happen, 1000$ bitcoin target is so huge to be reached and it needs more time to be happen and short period of stretch would not really helping to its cause, and i also think that before it will happen we can face a little downfall and it will be followed by the big up.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:57:26 PM

Its not really possible for bitcoin to reach up $1k on this year hence we are now on the 1st week of this last month of 2016 and Christmas is fast approaching and we can see on the bitcoins price its still on the $730-780 price and keeps falling and rising and reaching 1k is not  possible maybe next year same as you said. We should not  hope too much because it would not happen now this month.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 01:14:07 PM

I get what you mean, but it is all relative. If you personally don't get excited by $120 of profits, someone might not be quite excited by $2400 in profits either.

That's also true. It's different for each person what is a good amount of profit and what not.

In my view, 25% in a few months is more than enough to excite even Warren Buffett himself.

What you said about the profit aspect that $120 for me isn't much, but that for a different person $2400 isn't that much either, but this basically also applies when you are talking about percentages.

Other than that, the Bitcoin market can't really be compared to how billionaires are investing their money into stocks, companies, etc. They are already happy with 10% in profits in a matter of months, where here with Bitcoin it's something people don't look at as being much of an achievement, or something to be greatly excited about. It's just an okay bit of increase.
ErikSneijer

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:08:04 AM

Really hoping on it, it would be nice and it would be a good present right ?
I think that we cannot predict this and I also think it will be hard, although its getting popular.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:27:46 AM

Well, i think it might be happen, the price of bitcoin will reach $1,000 by Christmas this year. But if it's happen, it will not for long term. Because my prediction is in 2017 the price will back to normal after Christmas 2016.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:47:37 AM

Well, i think it might be happen, the price of bitcoin will reach $1,000 by Christmas this year. But if it's happen, it will not for long term. Because my prediction is in 2017 the price will back to normal after Christmas 2016.
There will be just 20 days for this year's Christmas, still I am too having more hopes like it will happen. Bitcoin prices are trying to break a big resistance levels around $800 price levels after that the next resistance would be around $920 only. So at any time we can expect bitcoin prices to trade above $900 levels.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:18:34 PM

I can't see this price by Xmas Maybe later but I think it will cross 800 for sure
expect to see some movement in price for this weekend or after it

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:41:09 AM

I can't see this price by Xmas Maybe later but I think it will cross 800 for sure
expect to see some movement in price for this weekend or after it
Yes it seems like that, it is very difficult to be able to penetrate the $1,000 and I still pessimistic before Xmas could reach $800. But it is also a good idea because if we buy a bitcoin not yet expensive.
It's time for buying bitcoin now and likely in 2017 can reach $1,000.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:55:35 AM

i think we have to start to be satisfied with $800 and possibly another jump rope play for bitcoin over this price with another +$20 fluctuation.

i am surprised though to see 770+ price today. because it is mostly out of nowhere for me, there is no news going on that can be associated with this rise.

Bitcoin price seems often fluctuate in this month with higher price around $760-$770 and fall back to $750, looks like normal for bitcoin market. Since bitcoin could rise significantly in one night, $1000 isn't impossible but for these year we should be realistic about the price which has constantly increases a little bit and we hope could reach $800 by the end of the year. I thought that we should reach $1K in the mid-2017.
tradoz

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:39:52 AM

$1000 by this Christmas is not possible by looking over chart but nothing impossible in this world of crypto. I hope it will remain this price range throughout the whole month maybe will drop to $740. But this will be normal and soon in Q1 price will surpass $1000.
unknown04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Art is the triumph over chaos

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:44:45 AM

By looking at current condition, I dont think $1k will happen by Christmas. Since it's going down again now. I was hoping too but, less likely now.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:51:07 AM

By looking at current condition, I dont think $1k will happen by Christmas. Since it's going down again now. I was hoping too but, less likely now.

Their wont be always steady rise in the price it will always go up and down so i think the maximum price that we can see is nearly $825+ as the market is going stable this price is achievable.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:03:13 AM

Their wont be always steady rise in the price it will always go up and down so i think the maximum price that we can see is nearly $825+ as the market is going stable this price is achievable.

it all depends on the following week, and how things work out for bitcoin. if a price rise starts we can see $800 be broken but otherwise i don't think this can happen the closer we get to the new year and as people need cash for their new year expenses.

Will we start new year in $800+ or remain in $700+

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████