Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:49:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Timeline - illustrated  (Read 8865 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:55:08 AM

I got quite a chuckle out of this.  Grin

Something I've been wondering, have any of the faithful BFLers in the Kansas City area called up and requested a facility tour?

I don't see why this would be an unreasonable request. Perhaps someone should organize a group. Hell for a respectable amount of BTC  I'd be willing to contact them, and organize something. God knows they could use a nice little PR event right now, with real members of the community, as they've lost so much credibility.  I work for a fortune 20 and have been in front of my CTO and different VPs over time... I do know that after the second time of saying "2 weeks" I'd be out of a job.

Don't get me wrong, for the diversity of bitcoin I really hope they do deliver a product... but my dad always said "you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other... see which one fills up first."

Long live BTC!!!

I have been to their old office. I may actually be in the area tomorrow so maybe I'll swing in. I know 1 other miner in town too so I'll text him... although he ordered batch 2 avalon so not sure how much he cares about BFL.
If he ordered an avalon as you said then he REALLY cares about seeing BFL because 100TH that will never come to market would make his avalon worth a lot more wouldnt it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:00:26 AM

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

The FCC has no record of any such device. Inaba was flat out lying.

What evidence do you have for this?

The FCC can take months to process the paperwork even after a test lab produces a report, and if BFL outsourced the design, the paperwork will not necessarily mention the company or even the product by name. Companies can also pay for confidentiality, which BFL would have done.

WRONG!

Apologies for bumping heads with you, nathan, on this. Will provide proof in a sec, bud.

Here we go! The following is to show that the FCC broadcast up-to-date info regarding all filings on their website.

Clicking for details on the first one on the list:

Then clicking Authorization (Cover Letter)

As one can clearly see, all is up as of yesterday the 8th for the search term I supplied. By using this form on this URL https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm?calledFromFrame=N anybody can conduct their own search for BF Labs, Butterfly Labs, Butterfly, even just Inc. which I have done and sort via states to narrow your search down. I've done Kansas, Missouri, and Wyoming for the past two years, and didn't find a single listing for BFL.

Now, somebody tell me how them FGPA's got out the door with nary a law being broken.

I challenge anybody here to snap an image of an FCC label/tag on their FPGA miner from BFL and provide the pic for all to see.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:52:20 AM

OP's pic is worth a thousand words lawsuits
Dr-Rockso

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:09:54 AM

Something I've been wondering, have any of the faithful BFLers in the Kansas City area called up and requested a facility tour?

I don't see why this would be an unreasonable request. Perhaps someone should organize a group. Hell for a respectable amount of BTC  I'd be willing to contact them, and organize something. God knows they could use a nice little PR event right now, with real members of the community, as they've lost so much credibility.  I work for a fortune 20 and have been in front of my CTO and different VPs over time... I do know that after the second time of saying "2 weeks" I'd be out of a job.

Don't get me wrong, for the diversity of bitcoin I really hope they do deliver a product... but my dad always said "you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other... see which one fills up first."

Long live BTC!!!

I have been to their old office. I may actually be in the area tomorrow so maybe I'll swing in. I know 1 other miner in town too so I'll text him... although he ordered batch 2 avalon so not sure how much he cares about BFL.

I would be curious to know what you'd see. I wish I could have gotten my hand on an Avalon. Until another "legitimate" organization comes forward or BFL delivers there is only one company, and those fortunate enough to get in on the limited production runs will benefit.

Diversification and decentralization are what make this whole thing beautiful man. I hope BFL management hasn't forgotten that, as the inability to deliver will hurt bitcoin in my opinion.
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:13:40 AM

I was saying the same.. Roll Eyes

23 days or less, until butterflylabs to move their initial asic products delivery date to 2013 February.. #bitcoin #bfl http://t.co/bLqwychT
(https://twitter.com/_vjy/status/288480913803837442)

Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:15:15 AM

However, their claims of having a prototype when it was clear they did not is misrepresenting the facts.

AFAIK they never said they have a working prototype (until recently).

I have asked them a gazillion times during the last 7 month and they (Inaba/Josh) either ignored this questions or weasled its way out.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:52:29 AM

Hehe, a friend of mine, partner lawyer from nyc, after I talked to him about the whole thingy with the BFL, ordered couple of singles yesterday. He also had a phone call with them and they told him that the units will be at his place in couple of days. He said that if he don't get it as they told him, they're done.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:04:13 AM

Hehe, a friend of mine, partner lawyer from nyc, after I talked to him about the whole thingy with the BFL, ordered couple of singles yesterday. He also had a phone call with them and they told him that the units will be at his place in couple of days. He said that if he don't get it as they told him, they're done.

And yet other people who've ordered in the last couple of days have been told their units will be delivered in July.  And BFL_Steven says if they're shipping anything at all within the next week, it will only be developer units.

No doubt BFL will either say your friend misunderstood about the delivery date (the gen 2 units don't even exist yet, so they can't possibly be shipped) or say whoever he spoke to in customer service is new.  The "Single" is a product which can no longer be ordered.

At this point, people really need to start to insist on communicating with executive staff like Jody.  If the GM gives inaccurate information, it's harder for them to blame shift when official inquiries into their operations are made (which now seems inevitable).

Let's also not forget that their incompetence is apparently systemic and extends to their administration as well as the technical side of their operations.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:18:17 AM

It's not incompetence. It's simply not possible that they believe their own stated timetables at this point.

Order now and receive a product in July? Come on, these people aren't stupid. The only way that will happen is if hundreds of orders are cancelled and the company begins shipping almost immediately. The ironic thing is the cancellations could conceivably cause the company to become insolvent.

Geddi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

It's the muffins that must be stopped.

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:50:36 AM

They're shipping tomorrow! And they label the box very nice!

http://ow.ly/i/1tV2q

You will get the "o'fans" tags in a separate shipment. Somewhere around august, they are printing now.
nagnagnag2

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:40:20 PM

This could be fun. Can someone bring the popcorn?

Also, no new pictures from Luke-JR with his product from Butter Full of Lies since the 1 april. Strange isn't?
kcminer

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:42:09 PM

Long live BTC!!!

I would be curious to know what you'd see. I wish I could have gotten my hand on an Avalon. Until another "legitimate" organization comes forward or BFL delivers there is only one company, and those fortunate enough to get in on the limited production runs will benefit.

Diversification and decentralization are what make this whole thing beautiful man. I hope BFL management hasn't forgotten that, as the inability to deliver will hurt bitcoin in my opinion.

All I saw was an office basically. They had a room that had a bunch of spare parts and they (one guy) were busy trying to modify the old mini case to fit the new hardware (I don't think they did this). They did have 1 mini-rig which appeared to be mining, but all the employees also had their own singles plugged in to laptops (with those whirligigs on top). It was a shitty building in a not so great part of town that they kind of borrowed from someone's relative (used to be a photography business). All other employees were busy with order tracking and responding to customers... maybe like 6 people in 1 room. I think I met Sonny and he was nice enough to show me the board (no chips obv).

The weird part was the reason I was to begin with was for an interview for a rep position (basically to improve customer relations). Jody was really nice and likable, but didn't really ask me many questions like a normal interviewer would. Instead it seemed as if she was "selling" me on BFL and wanted to know if I'd read things in the forums so she could explain things to me. I didn't take the job as I was only interested in assisting with building the hardware after hours if they needed that. Talking to the other miner I know here in KC (met on localbitcoins) he was in their old office for the same reason (also didn't take the job).

To me it seems they aren't out to scam anyone but just suck at delivering products on time. Smiley

Gift cards for LTC and DOGE at ltcasics.com!
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:53:55 AM

At this point, I've completely given up on BFL and their shill & shady business practices.  I'm not going to waste my time nor mental strength chasing them around in circles.  I wouldn't be surprised if they started shipping at Q1 of 2014 at the rate they're going.  Regardless, this further proves BFL is just a piss-poor company who are run by monkeys.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:30:54 AM

At this point, I've completely given up on BFL and their shill & shady business practices.  I'm not going to waste my time nor mental strength chasing them around in circles.  I wouldn't be surprised if they started shipping at Q1 of 2014 at the rate they're going.  Regardless, this further proves BFL is just a piss-poor company who are run by monkeys.

Seriously, no need to insult the monkeys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5CrUcYVsZ4
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:49:15 AM

how did I miss the OP?

classic

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:33:39 AM

Hopefully some thieves

Shipping late is theft? I better go change the legislation.

Plain and simple "SUCK IT"

I was trolling you 3 months ago about BFL

Now look at this continued bullshit ....but no you are still there ever obedient lap dog/employee who cares

They are complete and utter liars --How about the Bitcoin Bet with another convicted liar Luke Jr that they shipped a unit on April 1

I know reality is hard to face when u have been living in denial for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long but come on at least acknowledge they have soooooooooooommmmmmmmmmeeeeeething to answer 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:16:27 AM

I got quite a chuckle out of this.  Grin

I don't see why this would be an unreasonable request. Perhaps someone should organize a group. Hell for a respectable amount of BTC  I'd be willing to contact them, and organize something. God knows they could use a nice little PR event right now, with real members of the community, as they've lost so much credibility.  I work for a fortune 20 and have been in front of my CTO and different VPs over time... I do know that after the second time of saying "2 weeks" I'd be out of a job.

Long live BTC!!!

I can't tell if you're just trolling, but I'm going to assume you're not and that you don't already know this.

Pretty much this exact same discussion took place around September 2012.  It culminated in BFL flying first Kano, and then Luke-Jr out to check them out.  I'll let you decide how that turned out.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112543.0

I never did get an answer on why Luke-Jr went instead of Yochdog as was originally planned.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:34:37 AM

BFL obviously lied from back in September at least.

"final stages of development" does not EQUAL out to 8 months later still no products shipped.

BFL is a full of shit business that operates on lies and shady dealings.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:09:03 AM

A redditor claims to have visited BFL unannounced within the last 24 hours and sounds pretty underwhelmed by what he saw.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c3hyc/toured_butterflylabs_a_few_hours_ago/

This is something redditors near Kansas City have been talking about doing for a couple of days.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:35:38 AM

If this guy is real they do not even have a working ASIC that could be used for a product. It seems the ASIC supplier had to fix the design and now they have to create new masks and start the next waver run. Great BFL - another 8-12 weeks until we will see the next prototype!

With this piece of information it's clear why BFL is silent at the moment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: