Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:38:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Timeline - illustrated  (Read 8860 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:57:13 AM

Interesting transcript with Dave from BFL I found on that reddit link.

It confirms BFL doesn't have a set shipping date yet, and they are full of shit when it comes to shipping "next week".

http://pastebin.com/HpxTwUNW

Color me shocked.

Ready for some more color? There is no 1164 SW Hillsdale in Topeka, KS. In fact, there is no street at all named Hillsdale in Topeka, KS. But there is such a place in Shawnee, KS, just outside Kansas City. My guess is that in the backyard one would find chickens.

Please surrender your Jr. Detective badge and water pistol sir... Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:59:19 AM

It confirms BFL doesn't have a set shipping date yet, and they are full of shit when it comes to shipping "next week".

Color me shocked.

Ready for some more color? There is no 1164 SW Hillsdale in Topeka, KS. In fact, there is no street at all named Hillsdale in Topeka, KS. But there is such a place in Shawnee, KS, just outside Kansas City. My guess is that in the backyard one would find chickens.

But, Andy...
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:06:03 AM

Color me shocked.

But, Andy...

You know more than 3/4ths of the board won't know the reference.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 02:36:22 AM

Color me shocked.

But, Andy...

You know more than 3/4ths of the board won't know the reference.

They will now! It even has a goat in the image.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:46:53 AM

You guys just dated yourselves.  Tongue

I had no clue what ya'll were talking about.  Grin
creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:11:11 AM

Had to, I couldn't find anyone else to put out on a first.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:19:46 PM

You need to remember that most of these guys never had to actually get up off the couch and turn the knob on the TV and probably do not believe that anyone would buy a TV when there are only 11 channels.

creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:31:59 PM

You need to remember that most of these guys never had to actually get up off the couch and turn the knob on the TV and probably do not believe that anyone would buy a TV when there are only 11 channels.

You got ELEVEN channels back in the day?!? Huh

I had like four or five *IF* I wrapped enough aluminum foil around the rabbit ears and *IF* I stood in a certain spot in the room without moving.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:43:49 PM

19" B&W.  Watched the 5PM godzilla movies on channel 7 out of detroit. 

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:04:07 PM

19" B&W.  Watched the 5PM godzilla movies on channel 7 out of detroit. 

No one truly appreciates the internet until they've had a childhood like this.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:38:48 PM

Yeah I'm still trying to get my dad to toss the Sony 13" (I think it may be B&W).  The feature on that TV was it had push buttons so you could pre-program the tuning of the station.  That thing is older than me  Tongue
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:51:57 PM

You guys just dated yourselves.  Tongue

Late 70's it was still 2-5-7-9-11-22-32 in Chicago. I'm going to do the following from memory in the same order: CBS-NBC-ABC-WGN-PBS-WBEZ-WFLD. The western reruns we on the weekend mornings.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:21:21 PM

Yo folks, this is cool and all, but can we get back to bashing BFL please?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
creativex

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:43:59 PM

Why would we want to do that?!?

Look at this awesome video! These guys are obviously highly trained professionals that ship thousands of mining units a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSu5Yyc1bEM

John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:49:09 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 09:12:21 PM by John Self

Luke-Jr told me on IRC last night that since BFL offered to ship him the unit, but kindly agreed to keep it in their warehouse until he wants it, that the unit was technically "shipped". An interesting perspective.  Roll Eyes

Edit: I brought this up in more detail in Luke-Jr's thread, he then locked it.  Roll Eyes

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 08:24:27 PM

Why would we want to do that?!?

Look at this awesome video! These guys are obviously highly trained professionals that ship thousands of mining units a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSu5Yyc1bEM

Notice that the eBay props are located at the entrance. Shouldn't production be in the rear? The last time I saw a company showcasing their production in the open was Krispy Kreme between Excalibur and Luxor in Vegas.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 08:57:15 PM

At the beginning of the clip, the female narrator states verbatim text from BFL's site:

Butterfly Labs manufactures a line of high speed encryption processors for use in bitcoin mining, research, telecommunication and security applications.

Can somebody point out to me any frame in that video showcasing anything other than bitcoin miners?

Moreover, you telling me that not a single client of theirs who has ordered research, telecommunication or security application products has one iota problem with their delivery schedule?

I sell barn wood. I can, and have, produced primitive reproductions for the Nashville and Atlanta markets. I can easily produce a limited line of primitive furniture. I can extend that line to include industrial-based barn wood furniture, currently in vogue, but would need to revamp my current facility to do such, let alone producing something I only have vague knowledge of, yet doable. Perhaps, I should just go ahead and do it under the guise of saving the environment, saying the hell with profit.

There is not a Goddamn thing wrong with BFL making a profit with the work they supposedly do. They can rake in the cash, for all I care. But to say at the onset, which they did, that profit is secondary, with security the network being paramount, is disingenuous at best, lying at worse.

Every company is allowed missteps. But, when missteps are publicly seen week after week after week after week (etc.), at some point a breaking point is reached, resulting in legit questions seeking answers.

The video does address many concerns, and sadly raises others. Honestly, I can't see how BFL could be a scam when they clearly are putting in mega man hours, and having mega stock on-hand. The only other answer if this is not a legit entity is that it's a long con.

Thanks for the video, BFL. Please understand where all the naysayers are coming from as hopefully you produce product you claim to be producing.

One more thing, for a 62 year old woman, Jody looks pretty good. Too bad she's probably... (a deal breaker on her part, not mine). (This sentence was meant as a complement, albeit the snide remark which may, or may not, have been appropriate, but it is as it is.)

Now, back to the video to see if there's anything I may have missed prior to somebody else bringing it to attention.

PoSt!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

LOL! I just realized something while taking a shit after viewing the video. How the heck do they not know what the right hand is doing when they are setting at the same desks, with the principles being only a stone pebble throw away?

I'm still not seeing where they hid the 22 employees they had at the old facility, now at their new location. Even with the newly hired Hispanic temps, one would be hard-pressed to count to 22. Must be something special about that number, for even Mt Gox uses it.

Yep, it's special! I just counted all my barn wood suppliers and amazingly it came to 22. One more supplier, and I'll be a victum of my own success.

You do realize that a person at the front entrance can call out to the back warehouse inquiring how many boxes are on a certain shelf without having to raise his or her voice, don't you?
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:56:26 PM

LOL! I just realized something while taking a shit after viewing the video. How the heck do they not know what the right hand is doing when they are setting at the same desks, with the principles being only a stone pebble throw away?

I'm still not seeing where they hid the 22 employees they had at the old facility, now at their new location. Even with the newly hired Hispanic temps, one would be hard-pressed to count to 22. Must be something special about that number, for even Mt Gox uses it.

Yep, it's special! I just counted all my barn wood suppliers and amazingly it came to 22. One more supplier, and I'll be a victum of my own success.

You do realize that a person at the front entrance can call out to the back warehouse inquiring how many boxes are on a certain shelf without having to raise his or her voice, don't you?

22 is the number of units they will have shipped in 6 months time.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
ionux

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 10:00:11 PM

22 refers to the number of wafers they will burn through testing.

CoinPrice.US - Current market prices in a clean, ad-free interface.  API available for adding Bitcoin prices to your site!  |  Escrow service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502569.0  |  Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494163  |  Public key: http://coinprice.us/public_key.txt  |  URL shortener project: http://10b.us  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: