Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:25:48 AM

What will Qtum do differently than Ethereum to deal with scalability issues?

We've implemented some aspects that are being discussed in the Bitcoin community, including 2mb block size and Segregated Witness. Our block target is about 2 minutes, about 5 times faster than Bitcoin Core, but not so short that we have blocks with no (or very few transactions) being processed.

If this isn't enough, our Decentralized Governance Protocol allows Qtum Token holders to change certain variables on the network, including the block size. This means if we run into issues in the future, instead of arguing about what to do, users can just fix the issue by voting. The nodes will accept the changes, and there will be no need to fork.

Learn more here: https://qtum.org/en/blog/qtum-s-decentralized-governance-protocol

thanks for the updates!  Smiley

one of the most solid project in 2017.

people can not realize the innovations of Qtum now..

1 the first POS Smart Contact platform
2 the Decentralized governance protocol
3 Compatible with Bitcoin ecosystem

technically speaking.. Qtum is even better than Ethereum and much better than EOS (only in paper now) and Tezos(in paper now)

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:27:44 AM

Update from Blockchainhack.ru

From https://qtum.org/en/blog/blockchainhack-russia

A quick reminder, an individual or group of individuals is spamming Qtum updates to everyone on this forum using older accounts. This seems to happen each time we post an update on this thread. These messages started going out a few hours before a DDoS attack happened on our website. Please disregard any Qtum related spam messages from any senders on this forum, and report them immediately.

BlockchainHack Russia

07-03-2017

BlockchainHack, which took place this past weekend at the Pavletsky Art Center in Moscow, was the largest blockchain in Russia to date. Over one hundred developers participated in the event and even more came to learn about blockchain technology. The weekend started off with 45 groups which were narrowed down to 25. Developers stayed up all night to win part of $100,000 in prizes. BlockchainHack was made possible by the almost 20 partners that helped organize, fund, and promote the hackathon.

The third place Qtum prize for 1,000 Qtum tokens went to BlockJudge. BlockJudge is an arbitration service based on smart contracts and a reputation system. In the case of conflicts, customers can open a dispute in our arbitration system. The arbitrators/judges stake their reputation and arbitrators reward distribution depending on it so, they are motivated to resolve a dispute fairly. Check out the team’s project on https://github.com/BlockJudge/BlockJudge

The second place Qtum prize for 2,500 Qtum tokens went to Jufy. Jufy is an app that lets people see upcoming ICOs and participate in them through the app. The team of two plans to follow through with the app they built and make it available to everyone in the future. We hope that these two students have enough time over summer to get this out, we can’t wait.

The first place Qtum prize for 5,000 Qtum tokens went to Wafer. Wafer is a decentralized router sharing service. The platform supports two options: to distribute the Internet for rent through a router or to lease traffic from an Internet router that distributes it. With the advent of the platform, people no longer have to do without the Internet when it is necessary - at any time the user can find the nearest distributing router and rent traffic. Here’s there Github: https://github.com/playertwo/wafer

We would like to thank all the developers and people who made BlockchainHack such a success. We realize that it’s always a little difficult to try new things and get them working in just one weekend. So, for the developers who were building on Qtum, our hats are off to you. We hope we can come back soon to host another hackathon in Russia, but until then, keep building.

great!

will Qtum have an office in Moscow?

running farm worldwide
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 05:30:02 AM

We have an office in Minsk (Belarus), where a few of our developers work. It's not in the Russian Federation, but they speak Russian and can travel there easily.

We also promised to report some financials, which we sent out in our newsletter. We'll post them here shortly. They are not complete yet, but we are building a process so please go easy on us this month.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:32:48 AM

It will be good if the team will stop spamming my inbox with messages, there is a better way to go about this, I have been receiving thesame message about Qtum from different Newbie account on Qtum launch
abescapital

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:04:15 AM

It will be good if the team will stop spamming my inbox with messages, there is a better way to go about this, I have been receiving thesame message about Qtum from different Newbie account on Qtum launch

This isn't the QTUM team. Please spend a few minutes looking through the historical post.
iandoZ

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:51:24 PM

why the qtum price is went down?

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:01:06 PM

It is just a pre market speculation with IOU tokens on chinese exchanges.
It means nothing
iandoZ

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:12:46 PM

if this is speculation so what could is the qtum  price to september time of mainnet release

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 03:46:49 PM

Spamming QTUM from different accounts is defenitely a redflag. Not gonna even consider this a good coin nor your marketing team - decent.

Have you not read this thread? It's not the official team that is spamming.

We believe it's a coordinated attack, by DDoS'ing our website and sending mass spam messages on Bitcointalk and Slack channels to annoy people.
Don't expect everyone to believe this your makeup story, if you're under attack just as you have claim, then what are you doing to stop it.
Why is it sending the same type of msg to people, why not random msg?

It's pretty clear.. On the day of launch the website went down, got hacked, things were slowed down, etc. all due to the hacks paired with the spamming. I think it's pretty clear that someone is trying to throw some FUD here to scare people away and load up..

Separately for Gleb.. US Investors were actually able to participate in the ICO through Bizhongchou and I can verify this works.

I agree that it's possible, but Team Qtum said that it's illegal for US citizens to partake in the ICO, having defence mechanisms in place to ward off the practice so that they'll be 100% compliant, but with tons of US citizens still partaking in the ICO et al. as I've easily demonstrated, that doesn't say much about their defense mechanisms, eh?

I'll be honest here and say that I do not recall it saying that it was illegal just that you had to go through the Bizhongchou website as opposed to any of the other exchanges.

Again, to be fair, I took the liberty and used the word "illegal" in spite of it probably not been stated by Team Qtum. That said, if it were legal for US citizens to partake in the ICO, they 100% wouldn't have been excluded in the fund raising campaign, ergo I stand by my word choice. Recall, we're talkin' SEC guidelines, hence opting to register in Singapore as a non-profit to circumnavigate various Nation States regulations.

Revisiting the word "illegal" ...

A Message From The Team:

As we near the March 16th opening of the Qtum Crowdsale, we’d like to take a moment and discuss what to expect over the coming period. First and foremost, this is a global initiative, but we anticipate most of the token sales to come from the Eastern market. On ground of regulatory requirements, our legal terms excludes US citizen from participating.

QUESTION: Again, how the fuck were US citizens allowed to OPENLY participate given that Team Qtum explicitly declared such won't be the case? And, why the fuck am I the ONLY one bringing the crime to light?
daadog

Activity: 107

SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:37:01 PM

It means nothing

Do you think it will drop on release ?

SHPING | | A cryptocurrency for shopper marketing and rewards
Token Sale | | Bitcointalk ANN | | Bounty Program | | Telegram
PRESALE: 22 - 31 Jan | | CROWDSALE: 22 Feb - 23 Mar
ethlover1234

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:52:46 PM

It means nothing

I don't see any good reason for it to drop on release. Trading volume will increase significantly. It will grow bigger in the West, especially if Poloniex offers it, which I imagine they will. Additionally, most people who bought in at ICO are able to sell now through IOU trading if they would like. It seems to me that there's no reason that anyone who was planning on dumping hasn't already dumped in IOU.
abescapital

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:13:09 PM

It means nothing

I don't see any good reason for it to drop on release. Trading volume will increase significantly. It will grow bigger in the West, especially if Poloniex offers it, which I imagine they will. Additionally, most people who bought in at ICO are able to sell now through IOU trading if they would like. It seems to me that there's no reason that anyone who was planning on dumping hasn't already dumped in IOU.

If this thing gets listed on a western exchange I think it easily doubles as long as Patrick & team keep executing on both the code and showcasing the potential of the platform to prospective users / companies. There is clearly a significant amount of interest from Westerners here and I don't know many US citizens that got in..
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 01:16:02 AM

Qtum Newsletter Update:

(Please remember, there is an individual or group of individuals that are spamming Qtum updates on this forum and various Slack channels. If you receive a Qtum related message, please report them immediately. The team does not endorse this kind of activity)

Qtum Sparknet Launched

The Qtum testnet, Sparknet, went live as scheduled on June 28th. If you're a developer, you can get started creating applications on top of Qtum and prepare to launch them once we release Qtum's mainnet in September.

To download the necessary software go to: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/testnet-sparknet

For Qtum Testnet Tokens, visit our faucet: http://qtum.me/

For the Qtum Blockchain Explorer, visit: https://qtum.info/

We encourage you to ask questions on our forum: https://forum.qtum.org/

Testnet Launch

The Test Network launch event held in Shanghai was a great success. Roughly 250 Qtum supporters attended the event to see what we had been working hard on over the past year and get an introduction to the dapps.

BlockchainHack - Moscow

BlockchainHack, which took place this past weekend at the Pavletsky Art Center in Moscow, was the largest blockchain in Russia to date. Over one hundred developers participated in the event and even more came to learn about blockchain technology. The weekend started off with 45 groups which were narrowed down to 25. Developers stayed up all night to win part of $100,000 in prizes. BlockchainHack was made possible by the almost 20 partners that helped organize, fund, and promote the hackathon.

The third place Qtum prize for 1,000 Qtum tokens went to BlockJudge. BlockJudge is an arbitration service based on smart contracts and a reputation system. In the case of conflicts, customers can open a dispute in our arbitration system. The arbitrators/judges stake their reputation and arbitrators reward distribution depending on it so, they are motivated to resolve a dispute fairly. Check out the team’s project on

https://github.com/BlockJudge/BlockJudge

The second place Qtum prize for 2,500 Qtum tokens went to Jufy. Jufy is an app that lets people see upcoming ICOs and participate in them through the app. The team of two plans to follow through with the app they built and make it available to everyone in the future. We hope that these two students have enough time over summer to get this out, we can’t wait.

The first place Qtum prize for 5,000 Qtum tokens went to Wafer. This is a decentralized router sharing service. The platform offers this functionality: To distribute the Internet for rent through a router or to lease traffic from an Internet router that distributes it. With the advent of the platform, people no longer have to do without the Internet when it is necessary - at any time the user can find the nearest distributing router and rent traffic. Here’s their

https://github.com/playertwo/wafer

We would like to thank all the developers and people who made BlockchainHack such a success. We realize that it’s always a little difficult to try new things and get them working in just one weekend. So, for the developers who were building on Qtum, our hats are off to you. We hope we can come back soon to host another hackathon in Russia, but until then, keep building.

Qtum's State of Expenditures

As promised, we are releasing how we are using the Foundations funds in order to be the most transparent blockchain project. Keep in mind that these expenses are priced in BTC which has gone up over the months and makes the expenses appear like they are decreasing. The real costs in dollar terms should go up as we expand our team and gear up for the mainnet release in September. Please note, some of the expenses weren't amortized over the period of their use, which is why some months have more expenses. We will be releasing the amount of funds we hold in BTC, ETH, and USD later this month.

In the news

The Qtum Press Release was picked up by two news sites:

SOURCE: QTUM
PLACE/DATE: SINGAPORE - JUNE 28TH, 2017
Leading-edge technology brings best of blockchain together

The Qtum Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Sparknet, the first public test of its innovative blockchain platform, which combines crucial advantages of Bitcoin, Ethereum’s Virtual Machine and proof-of-stake consensus.

The Qtum (pronounced Quantum) blockchain model was inspired by the rivalry between proponent developers of the world’s most active blockchain communities, said Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai.

“We want to illustrate efficient scalability and compatibility between blockchain technologies,” said Dai. Qtum raised $15.6 million in a crowdsale in March.

The Qtum blockchain operates according to the Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model, which ensures consistency in transactions and the traceability of tokens. At the same time, a virtual machine for smart contracts is layered on top of Qtum’s blockchain, which presents to developers a best-of-both-worlds architecture for the construction of decentralized mobile applications and other blockchain-based ventures.

Co-founder Jordan Earls, who leads Qtum’s team of almost two-dozen developers, said the testnet would feature an Ethereum Virtual Machine smart contract implementation along with Qtum’s proof-of-stake protocol.

“I’m ready to get this in the hands of the community and see what everyone’s response to it will be, in particular, what features other developers can come up with,” said Earls.

“The Qtum team continues to execute and build what can be one of the most exciting and innovative railroads in the blockchain ecosystem,” said Matthew Roszak, Qtum Angel investor and co-founder of Bloq.

Six decentralized applications are already being built for the blockchain, Dai said. Among the applications are a peer-to-peer mobile streaming platform and a prediction market.

While these applications are geared to the Chinese market, the Qtum blockchain will appeal to a global audience, accessible to all developers.

“Like many others around the world, I’m eagerly awaiting the launch,” said Roger Ver, a Qtum Angel investor who has been investing in bitcoin startups since the beginning.

To get developers familiar with Qtum, the Foundation is sponsoring a hackathon in Moscow on July 1-2. For more information, visit blockchainhack.ru.

Visit Qtum’s Github page to view the project’s code repository, which will be accessible to the public on the day of the testnet launch.

About Qtum

Qtum is a blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer that allows for multiple virtual machines, such as the Ethereum Virtual Machine and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development.

Another project builds on the Qtum Blockchain:

Powered by Qtum
Smart Contract Engine With UTXO and POS

Bodhi prediction market will be built on top of the Qtum blockchain. Qtum combines Bitcoin Core infrastructure with Ethereum Virtual Machine to provide stability, modularity and interoperability for dApp built on its platform. Bodhi aims to be one of the earliest and largest dApps run on Qtum.

Disrupt China Prediction Market
The world's largest emerging market

With the largest internet users in this world, China potentially will become the largest prediction market. Bodhi focuses on brining China prediction market to the world. And unlock crowded wisdom with real decentralized application.

Augur + Gnosis
A perfect combination of Augur and Gnosis

Bodhi platform enables both centralized third party Oracle and decentralized voting-based Oracle by bringing a Oracle abstraction layer. Meanwhile, Bodhi brings a replaceable Oracle mechanism so that to make our platform efficient and self-governed.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
Homes

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:25:36 AM

''Six decentralized applications are already being built for the blockchain, Dai said. Among the applications are a peer-to-peer mobile streaming platform and a prediction market.''

Apart from Bodhi what are the other five?
iandoZ

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:10:33 AM

Qtum Newsletter Update:

(Please remember, there is an individual or group of individuals that are spamming Qtum updates on this forum and various Slack channels. If you receive a Qtum related message, please report them immediately. The team does not endorse this kind of activity)

Qtum Sparknet Launched

The Qtum testnet, Sparknet, went live as scheduled on June 28th. If you're a developer, you can get started creating applications on top of Qtum and prepare to launch them once we release Qtum's mainnet in September.

To download the necessary software go to: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/testnet-sparknet

For Qtum Testnet Tokens, visit our faucet: http://qtum.me/

For the Qtum Blockchain Explorer, visit: https://qtum.info/

We encourage you to ask questions on our forum: https://forum.qtum.org/

Testnet Launch

The Test Network launch event held in Shanghai was a great success. Roughly 250 Qtum supporters attended the event to see what we had been working hard on over the past year and get an introduction to the dapps.

BlockchainHack - Moscow

The third place Qtum prize for 1,000 Qtum tokens went to BlockJudge. BlockJudge is an arbitration service based on smart contracts and a reputation system. In the case of conflicts, customers can open a dispute in our arbitration system. The arbitrators/judges stake their reputation and arbitrators reward distribution depending on it so, they are motivated to resolve a dispute fairly. Check out the team’s project on

https://github.com/BlockJudge/BlockJudge

The first place Qtum prize for 5,000 Qtum tokens went to Wafer. This is a decentralized router sharing service. The platform offers this functionality: To distribute the Internet for rent through a router or to lease traffic from an Internet router that distributes it. With the advent of the platform, people no longer have to do without the Internet when it is necessary - at any time the user can find the nearest distributing router and rent traffic. Here’s their

https://github.com/playertwo/wafer

Qtum's State of Expenditures

As promised, we are releasing how we are using the Foundations funds in order to be the most transparent blockchain project. Keep in mind that these expenses are priced in BTC which has gone up over the months and makes the expenses appear like they are decreasing. The real costs in dollar terms should go up as we expand our team and gear up for the mainnet release in September. Please note, some of the expenses weren't amortized over the period of their use, which is why some months have more expenses. We will be releasing the amount of funds we hold in BTC, ETH, and USD later this month.

In the news

The Qtum Press Release was picked up by two news sites:

SOURCE: QTUM
PLACE/DATE: SINGAPORE - JUNE 28TH, 2017
Leading-edge technology brings best of blockchain together

The Qtum Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of Sparknet, the first public test of its innovative blockchain platform, which combines crucial advantages of Bitcoin, Ethereum’s Virtual Machine and proof-of-stake consensus.

The Qtum (pronounced Quantum) blockchain model was inspired by the rivalry between proponent developers of the world’s most active [Suspicious link removed]munities, said Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai.

“We want to illustrate efficient scalability and compatibility between blockchain technologies,” said Dai. Qtum raised $15.6 million in a crowdsale in March.

The Qtum blockchain operates according to the Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model, which ensures consistency in transactions and the traceability of tokens. At the same time, a virtual machine for smart contracts is layered on top of Qtum’s blockchain, which presents to developers a best-of-both-worlds architecture for the construction of decentralized mobile applications and other blockchain-based ventures.

Co-founder Jordan Earls, who leads Qtum’s team of almost two-dozen developers, said the testnet would feature an Ethereum Virtual Machine smart contract implementation along with Qtum’s proof-of-stake protocol.

“I’m ready to get this in the hands of the community and see what everyone’s response to it will be, in particular, what features other developers can come up with,” said Earls.

“The Qtum team continues to execute and build what can be one of the most exciting and innovative railroads in the blockchain ecosystem,” said Matthew Roszak, Qtum Angel investor and co-founder of Bloq.

Six decentralized applications are already being built for the blockchain, Dai said. Among the applications are a peer-to-peer mobile streaming platform and a prediction market.

While these applications are geared to the Chinese market, the Qtum blockchain will appeal to a global audience, accessible to all developers.

“Like many others around the world, I’m eagerly awaiting the launch,” said Roger Ver, a Qtum Angel investor who has been investing in bitcoin startups since the beginning.

To get developers familiar with Qtum, the Foundation is sponsoring a hackathon in Moscow on July 1-2. For more information, visit blockchainhack.ru.

Visit Qtum’s Github page to view the project’s code repository, which will be accessible to the public on the day of the testnet launch.

About Qtum

Qtum is a blockchain application platform. At its core, Qtum combines the advantages of Bitcoin Core, an Account Abstraction Layer that allows for multiple virtual machines, such as the Ethereum Virtual Machine and a proof-of-stake consensus protocol aimed at tackling industry use cases. The Qtum Foundation, headquartered in Singapore, is the decision-making body that drives the project’s development.

Another project builds on the Qtum Blockchain: