Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
bitdexter

Activity: 326
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:51:12 PM

Spamming QTUM from different accounts is defenitely a redflag. Not gonna even consider this a good coin nor your marketing team - decent.

Have you not read this thread? It's not the official team that is spamming.

We believe it's a coordinated attack, by DDoS'ing our website and sending mass spam messages on Bitcointalk and Slack channels to annoy people.
Don't expect everyone to believe this your makeup story, if you're under attack just as you have claim, then what are you doing to stop it.
Why is it sending the same type of msg to people, why not random msg?

It's pretty clear.. On the day of launch the website went down, got hacked, things were slowed down, etc. all due to the hacks paired with the spamming. I think it's pretty clear that someone is trying to throw some FUD here to scare people away and load up..

Separately for Gleb.. US Investors were actually able to participate in the ICO through Bizhongchou and I can verify this works.

I agree that it's possible, but Team Qtum said that it's illegal for US citizens to partake in the ICO, having defence mechanisms in place to ward off the practice so that they'll be 100% compliant, but with tons of US citizens still partaking in the ICO et al. as I've easily demonstrated, that doesn't say much about their defense mechanisms, eh?

can you participate the EOS ICO ?

seems no American.... Grin

Why is it illegal for an american to participate in the ICO?

Which US law says that americans can;t participate in ICO's lol

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nalien

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:18:15 PM

Spamming QTUM from different accounts is defenitely a redflag. Not gonna even consider this a good coin nor your marketing team - decent.

We believe it's a coordinated attack, by DDoS'ing our website and sending mass spam messages on Bitcointalk and Slack channels to annoy people.
Don't expect everyone to believe this your makeup story, if you're under attack just as you have claim, then what are you doing to stop it.

It's pretty clear.. On the day of launch the website went down, got hacked, things were slowed down, etc. all due to the hacks paired with the spamming. I think it's pretty clear that someone is trying to throw some FUD here to scare people away and load up..

Separately for Gleb.. US Investors were actually able to participate in the ICO through Bizhongchou and I can verify this works.

I agree that it's possible, but Team Qtum said that it's illegal for US citizens to partake in the ICO, having defence mechanisms in place to ward off the practice so that they'll be 100% compliant, but with tons of US citizens still partaking in the ICO et al. as I've easily demonstrated, that doesn't say much about their defense mechanisms, eh?

It's not just ICOs. The US has some retarded laws regarding international finance in general.
Either way, the only ones responsible for any crimes are those knowingly investing in something they are not allowed to. With crypto it's basically impossible to check the identity of your investors anyways, so QTUM is not to blame whatsoever.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:56:03 PM

It's not just ICOs. The US has some retarded laws regarding international finance in general.
Either way, the only ones responsible for any crimes are those knowingly investing in something they are not allowed to. With crypto it's basically impossible to check the identity of your investors anyways, so QTUM is not to blame whatsoever.

Good point! I guess that's why Qtum sold its token during the ICO ONLY on exchanges who took KYC et al. laws seriously, the exchanges having users' vitals on files prior to allowing them to participate on their platforms. Correct me if I'm wrong if said exchanges are allowing its users to sign up anonymously sans proving who the fuck they are. I want in on some of that action if such is the case.

NEWSFLASH: This just in! I was mistaken.  Cry Chinese exchanges allow every Tom, Dick, Harry, Steven and Patrick to participate on their platforms sans providing proof as to who the fuck they are. In fact, a couple months ago the Chinese government was looking into implementing such course of action where all the exchanges went into panic mode, taking proactive steps. Luckily, the concerns passed over and it's business back as usually with the Chinese government not giving a fuck as to who the users are on the Chinese exchanges. When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong, with apologies for being so fuckin wrong this time. THINK ABOUT IT!
abescapital

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:06:04 AM

Good point! I guess that's why Qtum sold its token during the ICO ONLY on exchanges who took KYC et al. laws seriously, the exchanges having users' vitals on files prior to allowing them to participate on their platforms. Correct me if I'm wrong if said exchanges are allowing its users to sign up anonymously sans proving who the fuck they are. I want in on some of that action if such is the case.

NEWSFLASH: This just in! I was mistaken.  Cry Chinese exchanges allow every Tom, Dick, Harry, Steven and Patrick to participate on their platforms sans providing proof as to who the fuck they are. In fact, a couple months ago the Chinese government was looking into implementing such course of action where all the exchanges went into panic mode, taking proactive steps. Luckily, the concerns passed over and it's business back as usually with the Chinese government not giving a fuck as to who the users are on the Chinese exchanges. When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong, with apologies for being so fuckin wrong this time. THINK ABOUT IT!

Bizhonchou requires identity verification in order to setup your account and withdraw.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:18:37 AM

why the qtum price is went down?

It is just a pre market speculation with IOU tokens on chinese exchanges.
It means nothing

Do you think it will drop on release ?
I don't think so because most of the exchanges that sold the tokens are all trading it so the supply is very similar to when mainnet goes live.  If it does drop it'll be pretty minimal.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:59:35 AM

Bizhonchou requires identity verification in order to setup your account and withdraw.

Great, so how were US citizens allowed to purchase the Qtum token during the ICO on the Bizhonchou exchange when Team Qtum explicitly stated that such won't be the case? Same question re the other Chinese exchanges and Allcoin in Canada now owned by Chinese whose former CEO is no longer part of the exchange but really is still part of the exchange.
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 04:07:37 AM

I'm sure marketing will want to do a more formal release, but heads up that we now have a compiled Windows version of the Qtum Sparknet wallet. It's available on the release page here: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/testnet-sparknet

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 04:54:30 AM

I'm sure marketing will want to do a more formal release, but heads up that we now have a compiled Windows version of the Qtum Sparknet wallet. It's available on the release page here: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/testnet-sparknet

Thanks Earlz

Direct download link:

https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/download/testnet-sparknet/Qtum-Qt.32bit.Windows.exe

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
idontcare

Activity: 363

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:18:32 PM

Great job Earlz! Can't wait to try it. Keep the good news coming!

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OXUS

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

KEK

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:48:36 PM

any estimate on mainnet ?

Satochi is dead
abescapital

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:49:30 PM

any estimate on mainnet ?

End of September is the current expectation.
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:57:29 PM

Thanks Earlz

Direct download link:

https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/download/testnet-sparknet/Qtum-Qt.32bit.Windows.exe

thanks for updates, that's great!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
MURRAY70

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:55:07 AM

QTUM Team - on Slack and WeChat there has been information shared by your team (on SLACK - johnscianna) that QTUM will release an ERC20 token to allow trading of QTUM as soon as this week - please comment.

ethlover1234

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:22:02 AM

QTUM Team - on Slack and WeChat there has been information shared by your team (on SLACK - johnscianna) that QTUM will release an ERC20 token to allow trading of QTUM as soon as this week - please comment.

C'mon man... Why would Qtum, a coin that wants to compete with Ethereum with it's own blockchain, use Ethereum's blockchain?

On a completely different note, I am your third cousin, and my father is a rich prince in Nigeria. He wants to come to America, but needs $5,000 USD (he only owns Nigerian currency, and there is no bank or airport in Nigeria that will do the exchange). I don't have the money, but if you wire him that money, he will repay you 400X that when he gets to America.
MURRAY70

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:33:52 AM

Thank you for your condescending humour... If you are a member of QTUM Slack channel please go to the post yesterday from johnscianna time stamp 4:53pm. 
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:53:49 AM

C'mon man... Why would Qtum, a coin that wants to compete with Ethereum with it's own blockchain, use Ethereum's blockchain?

On a completely different note, I am your third cousin, and my father is a rich prince in Nigeria. He wants to come to America, but needs $5,000 USD (he only owns Nigerian currency, and there is no bank or airport in Nigeria that will do the exchange). I don't have the money, but if you wire him that money, he will repay you 400X that when he gets to America.

Good story. I can afford you $5000USD. contact me by sending me your money first.  Grin Grin
ethlover1234

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:23:21 AM

Good story. I can afford you $5000USD. contact me by sending me your money first.  Grin Grin

Oh, i see what you say, but problem is i have no monies expect for bitcoin but poloniex sucks so i cant withdraw/send. when you send dad money, you get 400x your monies. i am very reliable. never lie because lying bring dishonor to whore family.
BlockHedge

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:50:02 AM

Rationally, this wouldn't make much sense for Qtum to do that, when the ICO ended in March, and we are only 2-3 months away from MainNet launch.  But then again, EOS just started doing an ICO using Ethereum so I guess anything is possible.  If Qtum wants to maintain their credibility though, they surely wouldn't do an ERC20 token at this point.
great_duck

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:51:34 PM

hi all!
Why your website is unavaliable?
http://prntscr.com/fssfac
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:15:31 PM

So Okcoin can list it tomorrow!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: