Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186291 times)
Qrcollector

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:37:59 AM

Quantum resistant blockchain and cryptocurrency, the full analysis in seven parts. Part 6.
On BTC and why it's vulnerable even thoug pub keys are hashed as an address.

https://medium.com/altcoin-magazine/quantum-resistant-blockchain-and-cryptocurrency-the-full-analysis-in-seven-parts-part-6-769973d3decf
Dezeyay

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:46:14 AM

Quantum resistant blockchain and cryptocurrency, the full analysis in seven parts. Part 6.
On BTC and why it's vulnerable even thoug pub keys are hashed as an address.

https://medium.com/altcoin-magazine/quantum-resistant-blockchain-and-cryptocurrency-the-full-analysis-in-seven-parts-part-6-769973d3decf

This is a very complete and thorough set of articles man. Great writing. Must read for every investor
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:19:19 AM

When will qrl get a real spokesman instead of some guy with an anthropology degree and a hippie haircut who unconvincingly stumbles through his lines?
jackalyst
Copper Member

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:46:52 PM

QRLs are traded on two exchanges, but they require identity verification. Cryptocurrency must be anonymous. Where can I buy QRL without checking?

Right now the way to do that would be through #OTC on Discord: https://discord.gg/jBT6BEp
jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:49:02 PM

April Community Nomination Award

We are pleased to announce that this month’s QRL Community Nomination Award goes to GitHub user IMac318 (reddit handle: Definitely_Not_IMac)! Read more inside on what IMac318 had to tell us about themselves and their relationship to the QRL

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/april-community-nomination-award-ac364919ff9f

IMZ Noo Account

Activity: 747
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 02:44:15 AM

QRLs are traded on two exchanges, but they require identity verification. Cryptocurrency must be anonymous. Where can I buy QRL without checking?

Right now the way to do that would be through #OTC on Discord: https://discord.gg/jBT6BEp

Heck, you got an OTC? Ooooh . . . let's go check that out!

The Legendary 'IMZ' account is/was me. 'IndiaMikeZulu' has been active since May, 2013
BTC: 19ses99BZvyv7y3Dbh39rFnZEdGSh98QNn  Peercoin: PFuPgov1ZWoqtmtdET8nS5rij3KHVuZZHC
donnatello

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 02:21:38 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2019, 02:48:07 PM by donnatello

The foolish founder set the emission rates which then fixes the price ceiling.

The publicity is still all FCUKED UP.

HODLers are fighting the founder himself who is alone responsible for the mess
jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:02:18 PM

Friendly reminder: Automatic QRL Token Migration end-date in 30 days

If you haven't already, mark your calendars for June 15th, 2019 2000 UTC

The current token migration process is automatic and almost immediate. After June 15, however, the process for migrating ERC20s will be manual, and may take an indeterminate amount of time. Additionally, each manual migration will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. It's strongly recommended that any and all users who still have QRL ERC20's to migrate them BEFORE the closure of automatic migration on June 15, 2000 UTC

jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:25:31 PM

QRL Ledger Nano app update coming soon!

• Nano S & Nano X
  • Multitree
  • Plausible deniability

Qrcollector

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:11:07 AM

The Inside Quantum Technology Summit: Blockchain And Quantum Risk (Mentioning QRL)

https://www.insidequantumtechnology.com/inside-quantum-technology-summit-blockchain-quantum-risk/

Kiran Bhagotra, the one who mentions QRL as the exemplary QR blockchain project, is the founder of ProtectBox:
Winner of Security & Fire Excellence Awards 2018's Cybersecurity Project of Year, Wired Security 2017's StartUp Award & came 2nd for HRH Duke of York's Pitch@Palace 9.0 People's Choice Award. Finalist for 25+ other awards including British Small Business Award's E-Commerce Platform of Year, Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) NI Business & Product Innovation Award 2018, DL100 Cyber Resilience Innovation of Year 2018 & Digital SME of Year 2018 Computing Security Awards' 'Human Factor'​ Award 2016, amongst others.
jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 05:43:26 PM

Last Week in QRL May 14–20

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/last-week-in-qrl-may-14-20-b46c7251fc34
donnatello

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:49:08 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 09:55:56 AM by donnatello

QRL being shouted down on Wiki, a bit unfairly maybe, but karma for banning critics on their slack/discord.

QRL has made enemies, and refused to heed friends who could have taken it much farther along. Peter Waterland thinks sticking his head in the sand = substance and responsibility towards qrl hodlers.

Every Tom, Dick or Harry backer wonders why QRL is doing such a fcked up job in publicity and whether that area of incompetence is also a reliable indicator of technical weakness and flawed direction.  Would you date a valedictorian who puts lipstick on her nose and eyeliner on her cheeks?

Just looked at the fcked up cotton-candy color scheme on the software wallet! Err once, err again.  Some retard likes it, does not want to change...  There are "more important" things in life than image, he says...  like fixing all the beta-level bugs!

Imagine a conference room full of suits, or a hardcore enthusiast podcast with knowledgeable critics. In comes the QRL speaker. His calling card is an anthropology degree, and he sports a caveman hairstyle that jives with his bohemian energies. The question then turns from qrl, quantum decryption and Shor to - how often does this freak shower?

Build confidence! Reward hodlers and stakers and developers! Don't screw your early adopters!

donnatello

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 01:26:54 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 02:24:36 PM by donnatello

This is the kind of high-level shit we're talking about.

Jack Matier, one of the main developers, and moderator of the QRL discord channel, posts below-market bid for QRL.

What is the world supposed to think?

One, Jack thinks QRL will sink more.

Two, Jack is interested in getting cheaper QRL.

Three; it might be in Jack's interest that QRL goes lower and lower.

And so on!

You get the idea.  They are a pile of shitheads who don't understand how this business works. You'd THINK they want QRL to be as high as it can be given its potential. You'd WISH they work on the side of hodlers. You'd HOPE they don't silence critics, but listen to them and give them confidence to buy up support. You'd IMAGINE they would never stack their interests against a rise.
donnatello

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 02:46:29 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 03:36:00 PM by donnatello

And ... the dumbfuck supposedly neutral player Jack Matier realizes the seriousness of his actions (now that he's caught red-handed) and cleans up ...

And ... tries to give an explanation, which in a court of law in certain jurisdictions is definitely an admission of self-dealing ...

Peter and Andrew are you watching this shitshow unfold?

Next question: will the dumbass Jack Matier (who runs his discord to confound MM VIPs) or anthropologist Adam Koltun (who would rather shave his pubes than get a haircut for a big meeting) or any rogue "team member" work more stealthily from now on?  Are we going UP or DOWN? Who the fuck knows except for the QRL developers who 99% of people agree refuse to do publicity like other coins, "because it is not like other coins"?
donnatello

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 03:38:27 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 06:59:42 PM by donnatello

QRL's discord channel is remarkable.

#marketing channel has been removed.

Several foreign language channels, but no Chinese or Korean. Evidently they offended some industry players.

LOL. The moderator(s) [not just Jack] would piss off Asians with thousands of BTC to move into QRL. Those who have been on the slack and discord from the start have told me it is/was a recurrent trend. Those guys had bad English and some cultural missteps, and they would be lynched or eventually banned. So, they're off the radar.

And Jack Matier says:
Wanted to be ready on the off chance someone wanted to sell off a lot of Quanta at bargain basement prices through an OTC channel.

This is one stupid admission by one stupid buddy for posterity.

And Adam Koltun the wonder-boy anthropologist boasts:
i have wanted long hair my entire adult life and this job has allowed me to have it, so i am taking full advantage

Fighting words from someone who earned ridicule in his conference appearances.
jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:53:42 PM

Several foreign language channels, but no Chinese or Korean. Evidently they offended some industry players.

LOL. The moderator(s) [not just Jack] would piss off Asians with thousands of BTC to move into QRL. Those who have been on the slack and discord from the start have told me it is/was a recurrent trend. Those guys had bad English and some cultural miscues, and they would be lynched or eventually banned. So, they're off the radar.

And Jack Matier says:
Wanted to be ready on the off chance someone wanted to sell off a lot of Quanta at bargain basement prices through an OTC channel.

It can be interpreted several ways.

But consider the word 'Jackal' in my username, which is an opportunistic omnivore. In most markets it makes sense (to me at least) to put in a low buy order on the (off-chance) that something happens. It's very low-effort and comes at little to no cost for a potentially big reward. QRL, for me, is safe, because there's ultimately nothing nefarious going on that would cause a legitimate drop. Ultimately though, yes, I shouldn't have put in any orders in the OTC channel.

As for foreign language channels, if you know Chinese or Korean, feel free to volunteer to be a moderator (https://forms.gle/HrkFqDg6oqGqCY3T6). While we have automatic translation to help the whole community assist others, there's things missed in translation - so human moderators will always be needed to sort through nuance. If you've been following along the implementation of language channels, you'll see that these languages were included in the initial run too.

As a note, try to make claims backed by evidence.
donnatello

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:57:08 PM

But consider the word 'Jackal' in my username, which is an opportunistic omnivore. In most markets it makes sense (to me at least) to put in a low buy order on the (off-chance) that something happens. It's very low-effort and comes at little to no cost for a potentially big reward. QRL, for me, is safe, because there's ultimately nothing nefarious going on that would cause a legitimate drop. Ultimately though, yes, I shouldn't have put in any orders in the OTC channel.

I'd talk to my lawyer before I busted out the joke-box, buddy.

jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:02:31 PM

I'd talk to my lawyer before I busted out the joke-box, buddy.

Referring to "Evidently they offended some industry players." and your remarks about not having Korean and Chinese channels which are still slated to happen. When most things someone says is conjecture it tends to lose credence.
donnatello

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:04:01 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2019, 07:17:14 PM by donnatello

Referring to "Evidently they offended some industry players." and your remarks about not having Korean and Chinese channels which are still slated to happen. When most things someone says is conjecture it tends to lose credence.

Conjecture?   Haha  LMAO

I don't need to prove anything. What I hear on the grapevine is enough for me and for those who have played this game before. You've offended people. Lost friends. Lost ground. All for the price of a smirk. Fools.

OTOH, you need to prove your credibility, now that you're implicated in self-dealing. Alberta, Switzerland, who can call in the future? You slapped yourself in the face. You slapped the foundation with a potential liability.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:16:11 PM

LOL. The moderator(s) [not just Jack] would piss off Asians with thousands of BTC to move into QRL. Those who have been on the slack and discord from the start have told me it is/was a recurrent trend. Those guys had bad English and some cultural missteps, and they would be lynched or eventually banned. So, they're off the radar.

And Jack Matier says:

And Adam Koltun the wonder-boy anthropologist boasts:
i have wanted long hair my entire adult life and this job has allowed me to have it, so i am taking full advantage

Fighting words from someone who earned ridicule in his conference appearances.

This shit project is full of vegans and homosexual so it all was pretty much expected.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: