Bitcoin Forum
February 24, 2018, 05:11:21 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 44495 funded addresses. 2,064,149 txs. 5 block explorers  (Read 267247 times)
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:29:35 PM

Coinflow, I do not see any 51% attack, if it were so simple I would not be here. 51% attack is just a matter of convenience. you want to take possession of Satoshi Nakamoto BTC address? Actually hardware cost only is 7.623.786.501,55 usd + 13.625.659,00 usd (kWh consume) per day.  
you want to take possession of those mooncoin stolen?  would you spend 100kusd ? to get 62blns not spendable?
But Keep in mind that the dev can restore  everything .....

If a wallet blocks coins, the attacker only needs to be in control for the time he performs the attack, in order to overcome the limitation, which is what happened with Mooncoin. If he would want to try to move Satoshis coins, which are not blocked by code, he would need to rewrite the complete blockchain back to where the movements to Satoshis address happened. But even then he would not be in control of the coins as such, but could only rewrite the history of the blockchain that way, that the coins would remain in the original sender's address. As Satoshi most probably mined the most coins directly (like with mining into a wallet or likewise via P2Pool) those coins then would never be there at all. Because when they are mined directly to the own wallet, they are not transferred from one user/address to another, but they are created for the first time ever.

Again: For this kind of 51%-attack with Mooncoin, you won't need to rewrite the whole blockchain from the beginning, but only be in control of the majority of hashing-power, until the coins are successfully sent. Remember, unlike with Satoshis coins, the attacker was in control of the private key for the transferred coins' address, so it was relatively cheap for him to buy hashing-power to send the coins. Despite of these coins being "locked" (only in other user's wallet's code, which had no effect for his transaction), he could confirm it himself alone with his hashing-power, regardless of what the other nodes/miners were saying at that time. He simply dictated the "consensus" all alone and could write it into the blockchain. After this the others took over the majority again and were happily mining away this chain as if nothing happened.

Yes Coinflow, but the dev can restore the valid chain...there are checkpoints etc...
Obviously all atcoin will have to do innovation and research for increasingly secure systems , bitcoin included ( cfr. quantum computing ..)
Again I do not see any attack 51%, the hash power substantially constant, 2 days ago probably someone has tried for ten hours..but it seems to have failed...

Friends,

Why hashrate raise up to 290GH/s now Huh

is there any huge movement( billions moon coin) Huh

Anyone help to check ?

Br

A strong spiky rise in hashrate every now and then is not unusual for Mooncoin, 290GH/s is not so much, btw. That does not automatically mean a 51%-attack is going on. Most probably a miner tries out Mooncoin, to see what the returns are.

At the moment there is no real target for a "classical" 51%-attack against Mooncoin, that's right (see here: https://learncryptography.com/cryptocurrency/51-attack ). The interesting target was the locked coins, which was an easy one, because the attacker had the private key, could send the coins during the attack and sell them, when the price was in its highest phase of market-cycle. The question is, why he also sent ~62 bln to Vassilis' public address?

The dev can restore the chain? What about all the coins that have been sent in the meantime? You know what a rollback would mean.

Yes Coinflow, about rollback we have already discussed at the hacker attack on December 2014....

Mooncoin Community Bitcointalk Fund address : 2PPCns8TpTpPnszNHXJ79ANnjcwtrrkEiD
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web : http://mooncoin.com |
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
polemarhos888

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:34:07 PM

So the coins were not in the Recievership control?

thats what i was led to believe.  (from posts in this thread)

(after the cryptsy thing i should clarify)

i thought the Receivership released them...

was they 'taken' from cryptsy?  (which is...good and bad)

There were 70 billion Moon stolen from Moon holders by Vernon, the guy who owned Cryptsy exchange.  8 billion were turned over to the receiver by Vernon's ex-wife.  Those 8 billion were auctioned off and the money went into a fund for EVERYONE that lost coins stolen by Vernon.

Now... There are some idiots in here that keep insisting that the remaining 62 billion coins be turned over to the "authorities"Huh
What authorities?  The receiver?  And, just how exactly are they authorities, that would be entitled to those 62 billion coins?

The coins that were returned, belong to the Moon community, NOT Vassilis, and not the court and/or receiver.
Just because a "few" coin holders joined the lawsuit, does mean that courts can take and sell the coins from the rest of the coin holders...
That is theft....

So idiots like Coinflow need to stop telling the community that they need Vassilis to give the coins to some "perceived" authority.

Please tell the community, why you need defamation of other (longtime) community members? As far as I remember, this was not necessary for several years in both of the Mooncoin threads.

So having said this, I assume you have a good reason for telling, that the believed-to-be Cryptsy-coins belong to "the community"?
As far as I know, they still belong to Cryptsy (represented by the receiver), as part of their insolvency estate.

My opinion is that the most important thing now is the development. So, we can look at adding the proof of stake in the near future (for a more safe network). Of course, after hard fork. Smiley

coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

Coinflow, I do not see any 51% attack, if it were so simple I would not be here. 51% attack is just a matter of convenience. you want to take possession of Satoshi Nakamoto BTC address? Actually hardware cost only is 7.623.786.501,55 usd + 13.625.659,00 usd (kWh consume) per day.  
you want to take possession of those mooncoin stolen?  would you spend 100kusd ? to get 62blns not spendable?
But Keep in mind that the dev can restore  everything .....

If a wallet blocks coins, the attacker only needs to be in control for the time he performs the attack, in order to overcome the limitation, which is what happened with Mooncoin. If he would want to try to move Satoshis coins, which are not blocked by code, he would need to rewrite the complete blockchain back to where the movements to Satoshis address happened. But even then he would not be in control of the coins as such, but could only rewrite the history of the blockchain that way, that the coins would remain in the original sender's address. As Satoshi most probably mined the most coins directly (like with mining into a wallet or likewise via P2Pool) those coins then would never be there at all. Because when they are mined directly to the own wallet, they are not transferred from one user/address to another, but they are created for the first time ever.

Again: For this kind of 51%-attack with Mooncoin, you won't need to rewrite the whole blockchain from the beginning, but only be in control of the majority of hashing-power, until the coins are successfully sent. Remember, unlike with Satoshis coins, the attacker was in control of the private key for the transferred coins' address, so it was relatively cheap for him to buy hashing-power to send the coins. Despite of these coins being "locked" (only in other user's wallet's code, which had no effect for his transaction), he could confirm it himself alone with his hashing-power, regardless of what the other nodes/miners were saying at that time. He simply dictated the "consensus" all alone and could write it into the blockchain. After this the others took over the majority again and were happily mining away this chain as if nothing happened.

Yes Coinflow, but the dev can restore the valid chain...there are checkpoints etc...
Obviously all atcoin will have to do innovation and research for increasingly secure systems , bitcoin included ( cfr. quantum computing ..)
Again I do not see any attack 51%, the hash power substantially constant, 2 days ago probably someone has tried for ten hours..but it seems to have failed...

Friends,

Why hashrate raise up to 290GH/s now Huh

is there any huge movement( billions moon coin) Huh

Anyone help to check ?

Br

A strong spiky rise in hashrate every now and then is not unusual for Mooncoin, 290GH/s is not so much, btw. That does not automatically mean a 51%-attack is going on. Most probably a miner tries out Mooncoin, to see what the returns are.

At the moment there is no real target for a "classical" 51%-attack against Mooncoin, that's right (see here: https://learncryptography.com/cryptocurrency/51-attack ). The interesting target was the locked coins, which was an easy one, because the attacker had the private key, could send the coins during the attack and sell them, when the price was in its highest phase of market-cycle. The question is, why he also sent ~62 bln to Vassilis' public address?

The dev can restore the chain? What about all the coins that have been sent in the meantime? You know what a rollback would mean.

Yes Coinflow, about rollback we have already discussed at the hacker attack on December 2014....

And the idea was abandoned.

BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:18:51 PM

So the coins were not in the Recievership control?

thats what i was led to believe.  (from posts in this thread)

(after the cryptsy thing i should clarify)

i thought the Receivership released them...

was they 'taken' from cryptsy?  (which is...good and bad)

There were 70 billion Moon stolen from Moon holders by Vernon, the guy who owned Cryptsy exchange.  8 billion were turned over to the receiver by Vernon's ex-wife.  Those 8 billion were auctioned off and the money went into a fund for EVERYONE that lost coins stolen by Vernon.

Now... There are some idiots in here that keep insisting that the remaining 62 billion coins be turned over to the "authorities"Huh
What authorities?  The receiver?  And, just how exactly are they authorities, that would be entitled to those 62 billion coins?

The coins that were returned, belong to the Moon community, NOT Vassilis, and not the court and/or receiver.
Just because a "few" coin holders joined the lawsuit, does mean that courts can take and sell the coins from the rest of the coin holders...
That is theft....

So idiots like Coinflow need to stop telling the community that they need Vassilis to give the coins to some "perceived" authority.

Please tell the community, why you need defamation of other (longtime) community members? As far as I remember, this was not necessary for several years in both of the Mooncoin threads.

So having said this, I assume you have a good reason for telling, that the believed-to-be Cryptsy-coins belong to "the community"?
As far as I know, they still belong to Cryptsy (represented by the receiver), as part of their insolvency estate.

My opinion is that the most important thing now is the development. So, we can look at adding the proof of stake in the near future (for a more safe network). Of course, after hard fork. Smiley

or just add some MN to lock a certain amount of coins away

★★★BergmannOS★★★
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.