Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317685 times)
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:20:37 AM

hopefully mooncoin move up at the end of May !

Mooncoin will have no value in 20 years. the price will not rise since 2014. this coin is a waste of time. sell and forget. absolute death coin
daniel634

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:56:21 AM

Mooncoin will have no value in 20 years. the price will not rise since 2014. this coin is a waste of time. sell and forget. absolute death coin
Do you have nothing better to do   I do not understand why you come on to mooncoin thread where there is enthusiastic mooncoin supporters and have a lot of negative things to say   why don't you quietly sell your coins and move on you are entiteled to your opinion  but your opinion may not be correct so maybe you should keep your opinions to your self    and it would be nice if you showed the mooncoin community a bit of respect

{the price will not rise since 2014}?Huh?
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:10:40 AM

Do you have nothing better to do   I do not understand why you come on to mooncoin thread where there is enthusiastic mooncoin supporters and have a lot of negative things to say   why don't you quietly sell your coins and move on you are entiteled to your opinion  but your opinion may not be correct so maybe you should keep your opinions to your self    and it would be nice if you showed the mooncoin community a bit of respect

{the price will not rise since 2014}?Huh?

Good afternoon. Daniel, I agree 100% ! If someone is not interested about Moon, then why  he/she send posts here...? However, it's possible he/she to try buy in low prices...

giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:36:06 AM

when i click on that link, it goes to a txt room that isnt setup.

that means its a dead link.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Apollo-11

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:06:49 PM

when i click on that link, it goes to a txt room that isnt setup.

that means its a dead link.

When I click on the link Is goes to the discord channel of Mooncoin. 227 users online at this moment. So this means the link is not dead.
giantkin

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:18:42 PM

hm.
      who is the admin?

that means they didnt setup correctly.

Odd they havent said anything about it.

to me, all i see is a dead server.
 no channels, nor rooms, nor ppl..

227 online riight now?  only one in this forum?

post in there, that the admin should get on the forums.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
giantkin

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:22:40 PM

Try from a computer that doesnt have discord installed.

giantkin

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:31:07 PM

or from the same system but disable discord... that sorta thing.
  if thats possible ofc.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:56:34 AM

A research regarding events of Dec, 2017-Jan, 2018 (about move of locked coins) is completed.
Following our Mooncoin approach of transparency, results will be transparently published in this ANN thread shortly.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 12:36:52 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2020, 03:10:35 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

RESEARCH ON MOVE OF LOCKED COINS IN DEC, 2017-JAN,2018
Edited in 2020 after barrysty1e's protection was reviewed by ChekaZ

1. Addresses with coins that were blocked (their outputs) with the protection (in 0.10.5 release by barrysty1e)
2cLG2RzF6rDCtNws6We8o8avXs1grqARHU
2FgWY2MjPn9AG3bhuRLH5mhCKyc17eVHRY

Coin lock was done to prevent unauthorised move of coins, spending them on exchanges, it was reported in the 3rd report of Court Receiver, Oct, 2016, that there were attempts to spend coins, and that only 8.4 bil were sent to Receiver since 2015. That did not affect exchanges, coins were locked on their addresses. Only coins which were not sent to Receiver were locked. If addresses owner wanted to give coins to Court Receiver, it still could be done whether by sending  private keys to Receiver, or by sending a physical wallet with a password to Receiver. The Court then could contact the community to unlock them.

Coins were locked in Dec, 2016 (according to a dev barrysty1e), after exchanges updated the wallet, though the planned fork happened only on March, 23, 2017.
the coin locking has existed since december 2016

2. Block explorers show the first small move of  'locked' coins happened on March, 3, 2017.
You can use Mooncoin block explorers to track these addresses:

3. When Vassilis Kritharakis from Greece became a new transparent Mooncoin dev and took over the codebase in early December, 2017, later, about Christmas or New Year he started to publish his Mooncoin address (for donations) in his signature at Bitcointalk (he deleted his signature after the event with coins, however he doesn't deny the fact of receiving of 62B to his signature address, see the point 9 of this research).

Hi,

my name is Vassilis Kritharakis and I'm the official Developer of Mooncoin cryptocurrency.

4. On December, 12, 2017 Vassilis published the new release of Mooncoin wallet:

Hi to all!

The new wallet is pre-released in our github repository https://github.com/mooncoincore/wallet !

5. The release of wallet (0.13) published on Dec, 12, 2017 was based on barrysty1e's 0.13 with some changes (part of code activating Balloonhash after the block 1,250,000 was inactivated and other small changes).
Major issues with stuck txs were fixed by Vassilis anyways only after Dec, 15, 2017:

I just fixed today the pool mining section and the transaction issues..

we passed "key" block #1180751 with 73(?!?!?!!??!) transactions! Few more tests and tomorrow i will inform all the pools to make an update!

I must thank public @mebagger, @coinflow, @GBLASS and @Laidback!
you guys spent your time with me and your resources!

Thank you for your contribution to the Mooncoin community!

6. On Dec, 14, 2017 1GMT coins again (the next time after March, 3, 2017) were moved from 'locked' addresses:

Obviously in just one day and a half it was not possible to update the wallet by all pools and exchanges. The majority of nodes still used the wallet 0.10.5 barrysty1e on Dec, 14, 2017, anyway even if they used a new 0.13 Vassilis wallet, released on Dec, 12, the code with barrysty1e's protection was just the same. Also remember that some coins were moved on March, 3, 2017.

7. That meant only (with all respect to barrysty1e) that his protection did not work great.
He did what he could, but DECENTRALISED OPEN SOURCE NATURE of Mooncoin made the hack of his protection possible.
It looks like they started their own pool, compiled their own wallets with inactivated protection in it and moved coins from locked addresses, however, without knowing of private keys this operation was not possible.

8. Now we understand that Barrysty1e's protection used mempool of wallet, and was not present in consensus rules. That means that no matter before the fork block in March, 2017 or after it, coins could be moved in the same way, by compiling a wallet without protection and mining MOON with it, to include the transaction into a normal block.

9. On Jan, 5, 2018 62B coins were moved from 'locked' addresses to an address of Vassilis Kritharakis from Greece, a new transparent dev of Mooncoin.

My address is published by me on bitcointalk and on discord, as donation address, i think ~3 days ago.. so, if i was a thief this will be very stupid from my side!
Now those 62billions are on my account!(i think the amount and i think i will fade out!)

10. Some coins from 'locked' addresses were sold on exchanges in the middle of Dec, 2017 though (according to Vassilis who contacted exchanges to block these coins in Dec, 2017).

11. And that's the main question: why some coins were sold at exchanges in the middle of Dec, 2017, when the Mooncoin price was quite low, below 1 Sat, and when the price was high, on Jan, 5, 2018 no coins were sold and just sent to an address of Mooncoin dev, Vassilis.

You can see that 62 B still stay on Vassilis' address: 2QovBjnVke4fgn9UXdz9osheNLxQCk3d8R.

12. The answer to this question disclosures the whole picture about these strange events.
Let's think logically.
Someone didn't know where to return coins. When barrysty1e (James) was a dev, another user CryptoDatabase started scam accusations threads against barrysty1e (they both didn't like each other, and each of them believed he was right). Probably due to this negative trust rating the person didn't trust barrysty1e.
When Vassilis became a transparent dev in Dec, 2017 and published his Mooncoin address in his signature at Bitcointalk, someone decided to send coins to his address, hoping that Vassilis as a transparent and responsible dev will return coins to their rightful owners. The mistake of the unknown person was that this person didn't contact the community before this step.

13.  That explains everything, except one thing to explain: why only 62 B. The answer could be simple: it was mentioned that coins of customers were kept together with coins, belonged to an exchange owner, not on separate balances. But it was not possible to 'lock' some billions without 'locking' the rest of coins on these addresses and it was not possible to know an exact number of coins to lock - in 2016. Likely only these 62 B from locked coins belonged to exchange customers - that's the answer to the question of point 11.

14. That's the result of research about these strange events. Only these 62B (that were returned to a Mooncoin dev, Vassilis Kritharakis and stay on 2QovBjnVke4fgn9UXdz9osheNLxQCk3d8R) is a subject for decisions. All other coins from locked addresses (including those spent on exchanges) are not relevant and shouldn't be locked in any way.

15. There is some exception though:
1) 2DMfpxPiMtpVDVyrxQAAmfBbZnDH4XCMfK
2) 2JA3Cqf9on8YuxngxdXStCFKanAGnaQU5A
These 2 addresses still contain locked coins, but these addresses are not under control of any exchange admin, these addresses contain other locked coins, not related to 62B. It's absolutely another story from 2014 (Dec, 2014 thefts).

16. When Vassilis received coins, there was a big discussion what to do with them.  Majority of members wanted to burn them. There was an announcement, asking people to claim if these coins belonged to anyone, and transparent discussing in the ANN thread which is not moderated by me, which means that I cannot edit or delete posts of other users, also people discussed it at other channels.
There was an opinion, that only lawyers could answer whether it's legal to make a coin burn, taking into account that there was no 100% proof where these coins derived from, and should these coins be sent to the Court Receiver in anothet jurisdiction with Vassilis or to Greek authorities, and, if yes, in which way technically.
Finally the community just had to wait for what lawyers would recommend to Vassilis, and what would be his actions after that. As we are not legal experts, it was a better choice, than forcing Vassilis to do anything with these coins.

You can verify the results of this research by googling, studying the history of Bitcointalk ANN threads, old and new Mooncoin Githubs https://github.com/mooncoindev and https://github.com/mooncoincore,
and if you have no time for doing that, the majority of this info can be verified fast with Mooncoin block explorers:

https://prohashing.com/explorer/Mooncoin
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon

And again: all these events happened only because people kept coins at exchange. Never keep your coins at exchanges, not only for you, events show that it could be a risk for the whole community if you keep your coins at exchanges.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 02:50:33 PM

That was important for me to understand the truth about these events.
I agree, though, with people who say that we shouldn't focus on that situation.
The community transparently agreed to burn coins (should I quote hundreds of posts since January)?
There were unlucky events, but now things depend on Vassilis and on the procedure.
If we discuss these billions, people, especially newcomers don't understand what we are talking about and think something is wrong with Mooncoin itself.
The problem is: the situation depends on other people, we have nothing but wait,
if we discuss that again and again, it doesn't help, only creates an atmosphere of despair and uncertainty around Mooncoin.

polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:56:54 PM

That was important for me to understand the truth about these events.
I agree, though, with people who say that we shouldn't focus on that situation.
The community transparently agreed to burn coins (should I quote hundreds of posts since January)?
There were unlucky events, but now things depend on Vassilis and on the procedure.
If we discuss these billions, people, especially newcomers don't understand what we are talking about and think something is wrong with Mooncoin itself.
The problem is: the situation depends on other people, we have nothing but wait,
if we discuss that again and again, it doesn't help, only creates an atmosphere of despair and uncertainty around Mooncoin.

Good afternoon ! I agree with you. We have 2 new Teams (Mooncoin Team In Brazil, New Mooncoin Team) which work hardly about this project. Also, I am sure that we will have good news from their action soon ! 

giantkin

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:51:28 PM

hoping the New Team, comes up with a better name than that...

:0

Soon as they do, ill add that to the discord channel as a room. etc.

Im able to be a 'neutral' admin between any all groups.  and NOT lock anyone out
 (as long as they arent totally ..disruptive etc.  Basic moderator rules etc)

Each team having its own Lead and its own moderator.

Unless the other discord channel is unlocked and open. (assuming that it exists, which i cant prove)

Taranis67

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:35:19 AM

In the OP there are 3 Discord server links.  (not sure why 3) but 3...

ALL INVALID.

I propose a new Discord server.   https://discord.gg/f2v86c3

Im setting it up.  I'm going to setup rooms for each group, for their involvement.

I'll add the leaders of the group to a 'power' group.  (ill work that out eventually)
  (moderator etc)

Why? 

1) discord can be used on a webpage OR an app.  (not exclusive)
  2) current discord servers are down (or at least the links are, so noone else can join)
  3) I feel (opinion ofc) that i am more...  evenly biased than anyone of any group.  (ie: i dont trust any of them lol, but I also dont...  dislike anyone either)
  4) it was asked for.

Mostly Im just going to be the final arbitrator.   Mostly I expect anyone that is a group leader to control their area.
disagreements (which can be fun) would be discussed in a room for that purpose...and so on.

if this is unwanted, overall, noone has to join Smiley

https://discord.gg/f2v86c3 main link to server.

as I go thru settings things change. (if u notice something set wrong, pls let me know)

GK

There is a Discord grouo up and running.https://discord.gg/sJGakNN
Taranis67

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:39:57 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2018, 10:40:38 AM by Taranis67

Just looked again at the OP...
  (im listed! Smiley lol) scary.

but now im wondering the other 3 links... are they private??

To clarify. This is The link to official Moon Discord https://discord.gg/sJGakNN

giantkin

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:11:02 AM

that link worked!
   Thanks.

Why did it take so many links to work...     

The invite settings we probably wrong.

Someone fix the invites.    the one on the forum does NOT work for a new person.
Even if it works for you.

(even in the discord room, it says Invite expired)

lol.

Taranis67

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:00:04 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2018, 12:41:40 PM by Taranis67

that link worked!
   Thanks.

Why did it take so many links to work...    

The invite settings we probably wrong.

Someone fix the invites.    the one on the forum does NOT work for a new person.
Even if it works for you.

(even in the discord room, it says Invite expired)

lol.

It's really down to the issues Moon has had in the past, it wasn't being monitored fully so the admin at the time stopped new invites then limited them. Really just to make sure it didn't get out of control.

There is new admin and Moderators  so it should start to build up again. Up to date information and more engaged admins shoukd bring it back to life again.
I've made sure any news goes to the announcement section so that the ones that prefer Discord to other channels don't feel they miss out.
polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:29:55 PM

Good afternoon ! We can see the price of Moon in the known financial site, investing.com .  Smiley

https://www.investing.com/crypto/mooncoin

DisFish

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

impossible takes just a bit longer

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 05:12:19 AM

stealthpool.pl
fair MOONCOIN mining pool

I'll be back...
Taranis67

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:12:16 PM

Update:
Things are about to get exciting. Over the next few weeks we will have a raft of news for you regarding the work done to date and our output over the next 6 months.

Cryptaldash is a new exchange that is due to begin trading. Mooncoin will be one of the coins on this exchange.
They will very shortly begin a massive marketing campaign and we want Moon to be involved in it.
Part of that will be a YouTube interview.
Another will be an airdrop using exchange projects' coins.
We need the community's help in donating Mooncoins to an airdrop run by Cryptaldash as part of the promotion. The more we raise, the bigger the exposure is for Moon and that will bring us a lot of new investors and interest.
As we are a community coin and not an ICO we do not have substantial funds for promotion so this is a good way to gain maximum amount of exposure for us.

Please donate what you can.

Fund addresses below:-
$MOON
2LpMRkRjM6VQnttqB6X3L77tNZATx6Fzar
$BTC
1KdJmMKswC78yqwyzjyZtrgCCQbfbevXt3
$ETH
0x6Fb26B1E66dF524Ff40151b9BCec089e0B4e5210
FIAT (Paypal)
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DVNZ23VDMUSM4>

Thanks and appreciation to Agswinner.
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: