Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:33:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash still a thing?  (Read 3488 times)
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:34:38 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 07:48:16 PM by sui_generis

Dashers are just miffed that XMR has left their scamcoin in the dust. You dimwits! A year ago you could have exchanged your Dash into XMR at 10 to 1! That means a masternode back then would be worth about $160,000 now, had you exchanged it into XMR. So you chased 9% gains, and missed the 1000%+ gains that were right under your noses.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:00:33 PM

Dashers are just miffed that XMR has left their scamcoin in the dust. You dimwits! A year ago you could have exchanged your Dash into XMR at 10 to 1! That means a masternode back then would be worth about $160,000 now, had you exchanged it into XMR. So you chased 9% gains, and missed the 1000%+ gains that were right under your noses.

A tripple Dash price increase and a quadruple Dash marketcap increase in one year alone (2016) is good enough for me.
I kinda dislike these major pump and dump schemes.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 08:17:21 PM

A tripple Dash price increase and a quadruple Dash marketcap increase in one year alone (2016) is good enough for me.

I kind of dislike instamine and cut emission schemes myself, but I'd love to hear your rational for Monero being a pump and dump--please consider carefully the dash cry of "two years and no gui and opensource can't fund marketing;" either that's some crazy patient and haphazardly designed pumping and dumping or you are grabbing for any string you can and don't care how baseless or ridiculous you look like in the process.

Tell aeon I said hi when it passes you on the way up.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:35:27 PM

I kind of dislike instamine and cut emission schemes myself, but I'd love to hear your rational for Monero being a pump and dump--

Just put the charts on longterm and you see what i mean. Oh wait, i forgot .. you do not watch charts that often.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

I kind of dislike instamine and cut emission schemes myself, but I'd love to hear your rational for Monero being a pump and dump--please consider carefully the dash cry of "two years and no gui and opensource can't fund marketing;" either that's some crazy patient and haphazardly designed pumping and dumping or you are grabbing for any string you can and don't care how baseless or ridiculous you look like in the process.

Tell aeon I said hi when it passes you on the way up.

I kind of dislike instamine and cut emission schemes myself, but I'd love to hear your rational for Monero being a pump and dump--

Just put the charts on longterm and you see what i mean. Oh wait, i forgot .. you do not watch charts that often.

You forgot to copy and paste the reason for the long term limited adoption, so I bolded it for you. You're welcome.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:19:38 PM

to OP

Ascension Takeover

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:50:34 PM

Of course this is still a thing, the network is still running pretty well, the price is very healthy, and incredibly stable for an altcoin, so I guess yes, this is still a thing !

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:54:12 AM

I think what Evan did with the ninja premine was scammy and greedy.

LoL !

What a load of faux-ethic sanctimonious bs  Cheesy

We're talking about a crypto - one that was nothing more than a worthless experiment at that time. Whatever the background to its origins it eventually turned into a serious asset. That was thanks to its developer more than anyone, with endorsement from the market.

So please stop with the d.i.y. moralising and get real. It's one of the most valuable and investable projects out there now.

Sanctimonious? Are you trying to justify that what Evan did was not scammy and greedy? If not then please explain why. I would like to hear your explanation on why you think Evan is an honest and a benevolent person in your eyes since you are defending him and his actions on the ninja premine.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:42:36 AM

LoL !

We're talking about a crypto - one that was nothing more than a worthless experiment at that time. Whatever the background to its origins it eventually turned into a serious asset. That was thanks to its developer more than anyone, with endorsement from the market.

So please stop with the d.i.y. moralising and get real. It's one of the most valuable and investable projects out there now.

on the ninja premine.

Anyone that claims that Dash had a premine either

A : does not understand the definition of premine
B : use it anyways to spread FUD
C : both

Dash has never been been premined, this can be observed from its blockchain and by looking at coinmarketcap
(premined coins are indicated there also)

Option B it is...

nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:09:01 AM

i am not sure about this but as long as i can make a profit with dash i will use dash for trading. i think dash still worth for now, beside of dash, i am sure that monero have a chance too since dash and monero its an old coins.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:42:22 AM

Everything you just said is what a scammer would say or what a person who believes in the scam would also say. Do you really believe that Dash will become a real currency? Wake up and never forget the ninja premine. There is no excuse for what Evan has done.

If I may tune in.  There is in fact no such thing as a scam in a crypto currency.  Every form of coin creation comes with seigniorage.  Only perfect proof of work destroys that seigniorage, and even that is not true, because seigniorage comes in two parts:
1) coin creation
2) value increase of created coins

because in both cases, the holder of the coin is entitled to more market value than the value he brought to the market.   Of course, from a certain point of maturity onward, the value increase of the coin is not "seigniorage" any more, but "speculation".   One can define that this point is reached when about all coins have transited a few hands (real hands, not sybils).  Someone buying a coin at a certain point, to speculate on a higher price at a later point (because of demand for usage, or because of greater fool expectation) is not profiting from seigniorage but is just speculating, if the coin's existence is sufficiently well known that it doesn't concern a small, but increasing club.  Speculation is considered "fair" because you take risk, and you can win or you can lose.  Seigniorage is considered unfair, because your gains are quite certain.  But in both cases, someone is attributing himself higher market value than he brought to the market ; the speculator did bring some "information" to the market through his act of speculation ; the "counterfeiter" (the person obtaining seigniorage) didn't.

Now, all crypto currencies suffer from serious seigniorage: that's what stimulates their creation in many cases.  Most crypto currencies are invented with the purpose of "becoming rich" without having to produce value to the market, but just because "being amongst the first few knowing about it".  Extreme cases are like those with bytecoin or dash, where the devs have been inventing stories to gather a lot of coins for themselves before the actual market players could start taking place.  But when we look at ZCASH, they attribute themselves a serious (post) premine, and most ICO do exactly the same: the ICO is nothing else but selling premined coins.  ALL these schemes, which "optimize" the seigniorage for a limited clique, can be called unfair (a "scam" if you want to).   But, apart from a coin starting out at very small value, and being mined by many people in a grassroots movement, where the "seigniorage" aspect is minimal, and the "speculation" aspect is large, so that the original clique has almost no coins from their initial mining and they all changed hands several times, ALL coins suffer from the unfairness of seigniorage ; some much more than others.

However, this doesn't seem to bother people much.  Indeed, one way of gaining market cap is by convincing sufficient people to "join the scam early" and to rip off the latecomers.   As such, there's not much difference between seigniorage unfairness, and "greater fool theory", which is the basis of most of crypto's market cap in any case.

So, a "scammy premined coin" can have a lot of success in the crypto market.   Greater fool theory is very powerful.  And it doesn't even mean that it has to crash, if the "greater fool" incentive stops early enough, to start to be used for real.  I'm still very doubtful about that, for all crypto.  Real usage seems not to take off.   Market cap is still mostly sustained by greater fool expectations.  For the moment this is not a problem: the world is still full of greater fools.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:26:35 PM

I'd love to hear your rational for Monero being a pump and dump

Start your reading here then:

http://shitco.in/2016/10/09/rare-pepe-fomo-and-the-alt-pump-dump-cycle/

...and continue it here:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBTC/cBHI401H-XMR-whale-exit/
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:07:38 PM

Take anything that Toknormal says with a grain of salt. He once said that cryptography is not an important component of cryptocurrencies. In other words, he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. In that context, his love of Dash makes perfect sense. He simply doesn't have the technical understanding to see that Dash is pure garbage.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 05:56:48 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 09:24:11 AM by iCEBREAKER

Take anything that Toknormal says with a grain of salt. He once said that cryptography is not an important component of cryptocurrencies. In other words, he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. In that context, his love of Dash makes perfect sense. He simply doesn't have the technical understanding to see that Dash is pure garbage.

The funniest part of that story is Tok was telling GMAX of all people "cryptography is not part of cryptocurrency."

Hilarity ensued.  It was like watching a quantum physicist trying to explain wave function collapse to a sea sponge.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT:

Dash is a shitty instamined scam coin.  That's why it was banned from Apple and will never be on Kraken, much less Coinbase.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4915

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:23:16 AM

LoL !

on the ninja premine.

Dash has never been been premined, this can be observed from its blockchain and by looking at coinmarketcap

Option B it is...

Because he explicitly told people to stop trying to get miner to work and he would relaunch the next day and then he continued to mine with his little cadre, That makes it a pre-mine as well as an instamine when he changed the block reward to remove most other coins from ever appearing. ITS A SCAMCOIN whater you want to label it. DEAL with it.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:04:10 AM

LoL !

on the ninja premine.

Option B it is...

Because he explicitly told people to stop trying to get miner to work and he would relaunch the next day and then he continued to mine with his little cadre, That makes it a pre-mine as well as an instamine when he changed the block reward to remove most other coins from ever appearing. ITS A SCAMCOIN whater you want to label it. DEAL with it.

You can shout scam as much as you want and you can use ancient fud claims as much as you feel pressured to do, but that still does not make this coin a scam and it still does not define this coin as premined.
This coin has been sold off in several waves already in the time of its existence, has also reached and passed ATH several times and still to this very day its lead developer is heavily involved with the Dash Project.
That makes you arguments not only outdated but also irrelevant.

The simple fact remains that this coin has never been premined and anyone using that term :

You seem to fall under category C
Congratz

Edit : oh, and thank you by the way for bumping this thread in this altcoin discussion section ... we can always use the extra publicity to Dash.
Here is hoping to many more bumps.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:40:54 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 01:58:53 PM by cryptohunter

LoL !

on the ninja premine.

Option B it is...

You can shout scam (with proof of scam for everyone to see and witness for themselves) as much as you want and you can use ancient fud (facts uncovering deception) claims (proof)  as much as you feel pressured to do ( as every person on this forum who is against scams should do, but that still does not make this coin a scam ( because I'm a dark coin zealot and hold huge bags of dash therefore benefitting from the scame ) and it still does not define this coin as premined.( beacause it was a deceptive captive instamine which then got magnified even more by slashing the minting but i will continue to scream no premine because I think it makes dash scam sound better)
This coin has been sold off in several waves already in the time of its existence (like that makes it okay for it to be a scam in the first place), has also reached and passed ATH several times and still to this very day its lead developer is heavily involved with the Dash Project. (of course he will be heavily involved because it makes the value of all his scam coins he grabbed up in the captive instamine way more valuable)
That makes you arguments not only outdated but also irrelevant.(i'm trying not to laugh as I post this zero logic statement)

The simple fact remains that this coin (is a scam and was captive instamined, then minting reduced by 75 % to magnify the value of the scammed instamined coins and then had masternode ponzi scheme added to forever benefit from taking all the coins at the start) has never been premined and anyone using that term (see how i like to twist things by harping on about no premine when what happened was just as bad or worse)

A : does not understand the definition of premine (even though it is basically the same thing as a captive instamine which is why dash is a scam)
B : use it anyways to spread FUD (facts uncovering deception ...please don't present these facts on my dash scam pump threads)
C : both (i will try first to twist the truth by saying no premine when there was a captive instamine, then call the facts uncovering deception of my and the rest of the dash scam tribe fud.

You seem to fall under category C (which is the worst for dash so please be quiet and let us pump our scam ponzi)
Congratz

Edit : oh, and thank you by the way for bumping this thread in this altcoin discussion section ... we can always use the extra publicity to Dash.
Here is hoping to many more bumps. (I'm a huge spammer of the dash scam )

QWIZZIE's conscience was typing in between the brackets. Sadly his bags of Dash wouldn't let him click post without deleting those parts so I have helped him do the right thing...

You can shout scam (with proof of scam for everyone to see and witness for themselves in multiple threads which have had multiple analysis by many people with even the dash devs confirming just one of the devs mined up 120 000 dash in the first few hours and evans offering a 2 000 000 dash coin air drop to balance things out) as much as you want and you can use ancient fud (facts uncovering deception) claims (proof)  as much as you feel pressured to do ( as every person on this forum who is against scams should do, but that still does not make this coin a scam ( because I'm a dark coin zealot and hold huge bags of dash therefore benefitting from the scheme ) and it still does not define this coin as premined.( beacause it was a deceptive captive instamine which then got magnified even more by slashing the minting but i will continue to scream no premine because I think it makes dash scam sound better)

This coin has been sold off in several waves already in the time of its existence (like that makes it okay for it to be a scam in the first place), has also reached and passed ATH several times and still to this very day its lead developer is heavily involved with the Dash Project. (of course he will be heavily involved because it makes the value of all his scam coins he grabbed up in the captive instamine way more valuable)
That makes you arguments not only outdated but also irrelevant.(i'm trying not to laugh as I post this zero logic statement)

The simple fact remains that this coin (is a scam and was captive instamined, then minting reduced by 75 % to magnify the value of the scammed instamined coins and then had masternode ponzi scheme added to forever benefit from taking all the coins at the start) has never been premined and anyone using that term (see how i like to twist things by harping on about no premine when what happened was just as bad or worse)

A : does not understand the definition of premine (even though it is basically the same thing as a captive instamine which is why dash is a scam)
B : use it anyways to spread FUD (facts uncovering deception ...please don't present these facts on my dash scam pump threads)
C : both (i will try first to twist the truth by saying no premine when there was a captive instamine, then label  facts uncovering deception as fud.

You seem to fall under category C (which is the worst for dash so please be quiet and let us pump our scam ponzi)
Congratz

Here is hoping to many more bumps. (I'm a huge spammer of the dash scam )

^^^^ what qwizze really means ^^^^^

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:44:38 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 04:00:03 PM by qwizzie

Thank you for that last thread bump, it is always nice to see someone interprets one of my own posts
so detailed and draw such extensive conclusions from it.

To be honest my eyes did kinda slip over that wall of text, but i'm sure anyone who did read it in its totality
got moved by it.

And now for something completely different :

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:45:04 PM

Monerobuyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:29:42 PM

After repeatedly trying to explain why an instamine is bad to people in the Trollbox, I have come to realize this is fundamentally an intelligence issue.

Low information, low IQ people do not have strong principles or a strong understanding of complex subjects. They just see the price increase.  They don't care that they are actively participating in enriching a dishonest schemer. People are either immediately repulsed by instamine or they don't care.

Dash is a well designed scam if you consider how the instamine dovetails nicely into the POS and POS contributes to keeping coins off the exchanges which then allows for low volume pumps and easy price manipulation.  Notice how dash will often move up levels and stabilize without any correction. This is because there are no coins available to short.  The cherry on top is the 10% of governance money Evan also steals.

You cannot "convince" a a low IQ person to have a high IQ. I cannot convince my Yorkie that an instamine is bad.

In conclusion, you cannot convince the 4 dash people here to take issue with this scheme. They can't understand why its wrong.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: