Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero, Dash, or Zcash? Let's argue about it.  (Read 13082 times)
couldbeangel

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:43:16 PM

Since nobody can present any evidence on wich one is most effective I use them all in combination. Better safe thn sotty.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitWhale (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:10:33 AM

That's honestly not far off of how I planned on investing into them later down the road.

Say my confidence is 45% monero 35% z cash 20% dash, split the total amount I'm looking to invest into anons by this amount and buy accordingly.

I just wanted to know which had the best features. Spotniek killed it lol. Everyone has an opinion, it's very hard to surmise fact from them. I'm leaning Monero though, with Zcash in second and Dash a distant 3rd. Each 3 of these coins had some form of distribution scandal, so imo Monero is the most trustable (I can't trust Zcash that some hacker can't make millions of coins out of thin air, and this bugs me, I can't put money into something like that very willingly).

Secondly, when it comes to the actual features of the coin, I wanted to know which system held up to the most scrutiny. Which one of these will stand the test of time, regardless of the amount of attackers trying to circumvent it.

If RingQT is the best, I want to know why, eli5. <3
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:13:54 AM

Cloak's low price, low supply, and amazing tech makes me believe it is the best coin to INVEST in. It is so low in price and has the potential to be the price of $4 or $5. It wouldn't hurt to put a small investment. The potential return is too good.
BitWhale (OP)

Activity: 279

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:19:29 AM

Cloak's low price, low supply, and amazing tech makes me believe it is the best coin to INVEST in. It is so low in price and has the potential to be the price of $4 or $5. It wouldn't hurt to put a small investment. The potential return is too good.

BLG, sorry man, I didn't mean to not respond, I tried to find Cloak last night (I was rather tired) and wasn't able to find the ANN. I will go hunting now once again. I'm interested in all of these coins that has these features, as long as they bring something new to the table. That's why I mentioned BlackBytes, not sure how it stands up to scrutiny, I am not as technically minded as some of you lovely folk. I would love to have that knowledge though...
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:17:40 AM

Lol, I know there won't be any friendly discussion on the matter.

Which coin has the strongest features? I've heard each one has it's strong and weak points. I am unsure which has the least amount of weak points combined with the largest amount of benefits.

I'm only going to comment on the technological side.  The speculation side is maybe totally different.  After all, for the speculation side, there doesn't even need to be a block chain or any code running: exchange IOU are sufficient, if hyped enough.  So the market cap, speculation, "making profit" side of crypto, which is ridiculous to me, is not my piece of cake.  Speculation has nothing to do with the technology of the coin apart from a sterile "hyping" feature.

I'm interested in crypto for "crypto anarchist" reasons, which I think are the only valid reasons to prefer crypto over fiat.  There's strictly no reason to go through the hassle of crypto of one wants to "go to the masses" and "comply to the law".  Fiat does that better, cheaper and more reliably than any crypto ever will.

As such, when comparing bitcoin, DASH, ZCASH and monero, my preference goes out to monero, but not because I'm a monero shill, but because the three others have significant no-gos.   Bitcoin is great, but not fungible, leaking incredible amounts of privacy information (way, way, way more than fiat does).  Bitcoin used to be grass roots, but has become a chinese consortium, and the only thing it has running for it is the fact that it was the first, and hence no suspicion on any premine scam can rest upon it.

DASH was a serious improvement over bitcoin on the privacy side, but essentially lacked the right technology.  Bitcoin technology is traceble, and the only thing that DASH did, although very important, was to automate the mixer process.  However, DASH had a scammy start.  The other problem with DASH is that in order to do privacy "automatically" with technology that is not adapted, it needs a whole messy structure of masternodes, and this invites the other problem of illegal security stuff.

Monero was the clean follow-up on the scammy, but brilliant bytecoin.  The new technology proposed by bytecoin, namely ring signatures, solved a fundamental problem of privacy in bitcoin like chains.  However, bytecoin started out with such a terrible scam, that a new coin was due, to rescue the technology.  However, monero's technology isn't perfect, it still leaks some entropy about privacy, and it is still missing scriptability.   That said, to me, it solves an essential shortcoming of transparent block chains, and monero is inherently fungible, and quite privacy oriented.  Moreover, it is also pretty grass roots.

ZCASH is a big disappointment.  It includes the best privacy technology as of today, better in principle than the ring signature scheme of monero, because NO entropy is leaked with zero knowledge proofs.  But it has been set up in a way that is both scammy (the dev tax) and a no-go: optional anonymity.  Moreover, it has had a very questionable to be trusted setup.   In other words, ZCASH has brilliant technology, but fucked up in its setup.

This is why, as of today, I only see Monero as a serious private coin in the list of the OP.  It is really a pity that zcash fucked up so hard.  It has potentially better technology.    bitcoin and DASH are "old generation" technology to me, with too many problems

DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:08:30 AM

There is nothing to argue here i am supporting Dash than Monero and Zcash,because Dash is the first coin i know who implemented the privacy feature and Monero came along and finally Zcash with all the hype .I think Monero is more popular among the dark market peers but Dash is also quite popular but Zcash is just a coin which is not accepted in any major markets as of now.
Alibatant

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

There is nothing to argue here i am supporting Dash than Monero and Zcash,because Dash is the first coin i know who implemented the privacy feature and Monero came along and finally Zcash with all the hype .I think Monero is more popular among the dark market peers but Dash is also quite popular but Zcash is just a coin which is not accepted in any major markets as of now.

That right. They all have their own advantages.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:31:28 PM

I prefer to choose Monero and Dash both of this coin show a promising movement in 2016, I don't know whether this year is going to keep continue and for Zcash still show no sign to become powerful alt coin, so I personally still wont put my money into it, but it is all depend on how the investor see it, all of them got potential to grow

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:51:36 PM

DNET - darknet about to be called something else. This for investment return.. or cloak.

Tech side I would guess monero or zcash since the experts on the forum seem to favour these on a tech basis.

sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:15:46 PM

Monero and Dash can hit  $50 2017 but zcash will give you an insane return if you manage to buy the bottom

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:51:19 AM

Since nobody can present any evidence on wich one is most effective I use them all in combination. Better safe thn sotty.

This just shows your complete inability to research or that you are delusional. Well you could also be a shill.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:13:52 AM

The success, viability, longevity -whatever you want to call it- of an altcoin can easily be determined by looking at two variables: popularity and useage.

Monero is popular and many use it to buy drugs.

Dash is popular but nobody really uses it, kinda like Litecoin.

ZCash isn't popular and nobody uses it.

In other words, Monero is one of few (perhaps the only) non-bitcoin crypto with some long term promise. Dash is a step below it and ZCash is a fucking stupid ass shitcoin.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:54:55 AM

I think monero will become best choice for investment into it, be compared with DASH and ZCash because the marketcap of monero more large than dashcoin and ZCash,
we can check on here http://coinmarketcap.com/ but actually depend on us, what will doing with the coins because of i choose them for investing, so i use coinmarketcap become ref. i don't wanna argue about it, I want discussion about it. Thanks Cheesy
dinofelis

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:26:33 AM

Monero and Dash can hit  $50 2017 but zcash will give you an insane return if you manage to buy the bottom

As I said earlier, if the goal of the discussion is "what coin will allow me to trade myself rich" (at the expense of others), then the technology of these coins doesn't matter (apart as a source for hype of course): the only thing that matters is playing the hype of the brand name correctly, no matter what "runs under the hood" because that's not what matters in market caps sustained by exchange IOU trading.  It is true that of all three, probably ZCASH has most of the hyping potential and the right names and links to get hyped through the roof.  We saw that at the launch.  Whether the code actually does anything or not really doesn't matter.  It could even have been launched without any code or block chain. 

That said, the art of getting rich in these games is not that the stuff is hyped, but knowing in advance which hype is going to work out before it happens.  So if you have the right connections, probably ZCASH holds much potential to pump money (fiat, that is) from others into your hands.
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:37:08 PM

The success, viability, longevity -whatever you want to call it- of an altcoin can easily be determined by looking at two variables: popularity and useage.

Monero is popular and many use it to buy drugs.

Dash is popular but nobody really uses it, kinda like Litecoin.

ZCash isn't popular and nobody uses it.

In other words, Monero is one of few (perhaps the only) non-bitcoin crypto with some long term promise. Dash is a step below it and ZCash is a fucking stupid ass shitcoin.

nobody is using Monero to buy something. Still almost same transaction vol as one year ago. Went just a littleb it up cuz people are trading it more.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:50:35 PM

https://np.reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/5md4xi/why_having_shadowcash_dash_and_zcash_in_the/

Great post about some of the "anonymous" currencies out right now.

http://weuse.cash/2016/10/26/warning-dash-privacy-is-worse-than-bitcoin/
Points out some serious issues with Dash.
(Not to mention the devs and their shady instamine. That alone is a reason not to use Dash IMO.)

dinofelis

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:05:08 PM

nobody is using Monero to buy something. Still almost same transaction vol as one year ago. Went just a littleb it up cuz people are trading it more.

That's unfortunately the state of crypto in general.  Bitcoin has *some* usage, but it is tiny as compared to its volume too.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:11:47 AM

Lol, I know there won't be any friendly discussion on the matter.

Which coin has the strongest features? I've heard each one has it's strong and weak points. I am unsure which has the least amount of weak points combined with the largest amount of benefits.

I'm only going to comment on the technological side.  The speculation side is maybe totally different.  After all, for the speculation side, there doesn't even need to be a block chain or any code running: exchange IOU are sufficient, if hyped enough.  So the market cap, speculation, "making profit" side of crypto, which is ridiculous to me, is not my piece of cake.  Speculation has nothing to do with the technology of the coin apart from a sterile "hyping" feature.

I'm interested in crypto for "crypto anarchist" reasons, which I think are the only valid reasons to prefer crypto over fiat.  There's strictly no reason to go through the hassle of crypto of one wants to "go to the masses" and "comply to the law".  Fiat does that better, cheaper and more reliably than any crypto ever will.

As such, when comparing bitcoin, DASH, ZCASH and monero, my preference goes out to monero, but not because I'm a monero shill, but because the three others have significant no-gos.   Bitcoin is great, but not fungible, leaking incredible amounts of privacy information (way, way, way more than fiat does).  Bitcoin used to be grass roots, but has become a chinese consortium, and the only thing it has running for it is the fact that it was the first, and hence no suspicion on any premine scam can rest upon it.

DASH was a serious improvement over bitcoin on the privacy side, but essentially lacked the right technology.  Bitcoin technology is traceble, and the only thing that DASH did, although very important, was to automate the mixer process.  However, DASH had a scammy start.  The other problem with DASH is that in order to do privacy "automatically" with technology that is not adapted, it needs a whole messy structure of masternodes, and this invites the other problem of illegal security stuff.

Monero was the clean follow-up on the scammy, but brilliant bytecoin.  The new technology proposed by bytecoin, namely ring signatures, solved a fundamental problem of privacy in bitcoin like chains.  However, bytecoin started out with such a terrible scam, that a new coin was due, to rescue the technology.  However, monero's technology isn't perfect, it still leaks some entropy about privacy, and it is still missing scriptability.   That said, to me, it solves an essential shortcoming of transparent block chains, and monero is inherently fungible, and quite privacy oriented.  Moreover, it is also pretty grass roots.

ZCASH is a big disappointment.  It includes the best privacy technology as of today, better in principle than the ring signature scheme of monero, because NO entropy is leaked with zero knowledge proofs.  But it has been set up in a way that is both scammy (the dev tax) and a no-go: optional anonymity.  Moreover, it has had a very questionable to be trusted setup.   In other words, ZCASH has brilliant technology, but fucked up in its setup.

This is why, as of today, I only see Monero as a serious private coin in the list of the OP.  It is really a pity that zcash fucked up so hard.  It has potentially better technology.    bitcoin and DASH are "old generation" technology to me, with too many problems

Why do you say optional anonymity is a problem?  Monero also has optional anonymity via the view key.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:51:39 AM

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
dinofelis

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:39:57 AM

Why do you say optional anonymity is a problem?  Monero also has optional anonymity via the view key.

This is not what I mean.  The feature that makes anonymous should be the thing that is always used, so that there is no "suspicion" when it is used.  The goal of anonymity is to "melt into the crowd and to be indistinguishable for Joe Sixpack".  It is like an envelope for snail mail.  Everybody uses a closed envelope.  There's no suspicion that you want to be anonymous when you use a closed envelope.  If all letters would be sent in an open envelope, except those that wanted to keep private, they would stand out. 
Another illustration (negative this time), is if you want to be anonymous on the street.  You can put a bag on your head, but you stand out.  As almost all people show their faces, so if you put a bag over your head, you stand out.  Ok, people cannot see who you are, but they can see that you are a guy wanting to hide his face.

You can say it differently: if you are the *only* person using a service that wants to be anonymous, that should still work.  You shouldn't depend on *how many other people* want to be anonymous to get that anonymity without standing out.
For instance, if it became a habit to publish your viewkey systematically on a public web site when you do a monero transaction, then this principle would be harmed in monero too, because those few times that you would like to be anonymous, and not publish your view key, you'd stand out again.  But this is not what happens with the view key.  The view key is usually only used in a very restrained circle if you want to prove something to someone ; not publicly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: