Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 10:35:14 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 43650 times)
ukfatboy

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:16:50 AM

Well, our E9 has cleared UK customs and is up and mining  Grin

Like everybody else , the IP address on machine ( 192.168.80.140 ) beared no link to reality , 192.168.111.150 which is a bit random !

DHCP was NOT enable on the machine out of the box but wireshark and arc came to the rescue.

Now to decide whether to get another one  Roll Eyes

Get Free ONION https://deeponion.org/apply TOR Int
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phusho

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

I skipped other order and payed for several avalons
Stevens949

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:34:41 PM

Well I think if you would upgrade to a new firmware you would get the access to decide between CH / EN like they shipped to me. In the further posts ppl explain how.

The admin access to the miners does allows EN/CH;  I am referring to the tool they supply on their website

It will switch to english if your windows is in english. Mine is working ok, and application is waist of time.

Does not switch to english on either of my computers?Huh
Stevens949

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:44:19 PM

Just received 2 x E9 T after waiting a month and a lot of pestering. I am in the US.
One seems to run fine the other flashing red light and does not show up, searched with advanced ip scanner and nothing.
Tried  about 50 times to call hotline for service, get the recording and then it drops the call.
Has anyone dealt with their service. Says a whole lot of impressive things. Is any of it real?
Anybody have manual or any information on the web interface.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:00:13 PM

Just received 2 x E9 T after waiting a month and a lot of pestering. I am in the US.
One seems to run fine the other flashing red light and does not show up, searched with advanced ip scanner and nothing.
Tried  about 50 times to call hotline for service, get the recording and then it drops the call.
Has anyone dealt with their service. Says a whole lot of impressive things. Is any of it real?

Advanced IP scanner won't do anything if the machine is on a different subnet than your desktop.

Download Wireshark, run it, and look for ARP requests coming from the miner to get what IP it is assigned.

Once you have that IP, change your IP to match that network and connect to it.
Stevens949

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:13:28 PM

Tried  about 50 times to call hotline for service, get the recording and then it drops the call.

Advanced IP scanner won't do anything if the machine is on a different subnet than your desktop.

Download Wireshark, run it, and look for ARP requests coming from the miner to get what IP it is assigned.

Once you have that IP, change your IP to match that network and connect to it.

Thanks.
Any manual or information on the web interface.
wavelengthsf

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:23:11 AM

Thanks.
Any manual or information on the web interface.

Not that I'm aware of.
ukfatboy

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:30:42 AM

Our unit did not respond to an IP scanner either, wireshark is the way to go

Get Free ONION https://deeponion.org/apply TOR Int
nhminer

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:09:25 PM

Well I think if you would upgrade to a new firmware you would get the access to decide between CH / EN like they shipped to me. In the further posts ppl explain how.

The admin access to the miners does allows EN/CH;  I am referring to the tool they supply on their website

It will switch to english if your windows is in english. Mine is working ok, and application is waist of time.

Their support sent me an English version of the miner tool EbiteMinerMini[EN]V1.0.2.50.7z

It actually works pretty well, allowing you to set the frequency and fan speed, amount other things

BTC - 1nhminerKr6whRyUkVc2Gbe3aCwhrvdjW
phusho

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:48:07 AM

Their support sent me an English version of the miner tool EbiteMinerMini[EN]V1.0.2.50.7z

It actually works pretty well, allowing you to set the frequency and fan speed, amount other things

fan speed is directly linked to pll so you can not change it
regna437@gmail.com

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:09:42 AM

http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/index.html

Is this the official site? it seems very sketchy to me? also does this run like the Avalon where you have to buy a separate controller?
very interested in a few of these if they are legit. but ive been scammed before and I am very hesitant.
phusho

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:58:59 AM

http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/index.html

Is this the official site? it seems very sketchy to me? also does this run like the Avalon where you have to buy a separate controller?
very interested in a few of these if they are legit. but ive been scammed before and I am very hesitant.

This is the site. Every miner have its own controller like antminer.
73blazer

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:31:23 PM

Well, I will find out first hand. I just wired enough $$ for 2 miners w/PSU and shipping to US. Transaction by Skype is not  my favorite, but it seems to work for them.

The bank lady rolled her eyes when  I wrote "wire to : EBang in China" Shocked Roll Eyes
regna437@gmail.com

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:56:34 PM

wire transfer only was disappointing. was hoping to buy with BTC. kinda shows a lack of faith in there product that they wont accept it as payment.
wavelengthsf

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:24:47 PM

wire transfer only was disappointing. was hoping to buy with BTC. kinda shows a lack of faith in there product that they wont accept it as payment.

Its not a lack of faith in their product, its the fact that their government has made it very difficult to exchange BTC to fiat. Same reason Bitmain seems to have moved to Bitcoin Cash only.
HagssFIN

Activity: 714

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:29:51 PM

Yeah, and also Canaan Creative is unable to receive Bitcoin payments anymore.

China acts has forced a lot of manufacturers to go with wire transfer..

regna437@gmail.com

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:43:23 PM

Well hope non china company's come out then cause I cant do wire transfers for more then $999 so BTC is my only method of purchase unless they start taking paypal lol. I know in canada I can literaly go to an atm and withdraw BTC as cash with 0 problems
leowonderful

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:36:18 PM

Its not a lack of faith in their product, its the fact that their government has made it very difficult to exchange BTC to fiat. Same reason Bitmain seems to have moved to Bitcoin Cash only.
That's probably not the only reason behind them moving to Cash. Considering they were also one of the main proponents of the fork in the first place they probably want to keep their political experiment alive at least until S2X launches. Without Bitmain accepting BCH it'd be dead.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
wavelengthsf

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:44:58 PM

That's probably not the only reason behind them moving to Cash. Considering they were also one of the main proponents of the fork in the first place they probably want to keep their political experiment alive at least until S2X launches. Without Bitmain accepting BCH it'd be dead.

Totally agree.

To get things back related to Ebit - has anyone found a supplier for a replacement fan on these? I was cleaning mine and the fan broke (a few blades when I dropped the fan) - any one know a good source for them?
klaufi

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:53:01 AM

Any opinions on these to help decide if i should get a few or not?
Already read through the whole thread.

I tried contacting Lynn and Ivy on Skype and there is still no response.

I'm really 50/50 on these..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.