Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 80431 times)
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:41:27 PM

Half of the posts in this thread are about the E9+ and not the E9.  Undecided

Is the software the same for the E9 as the E9+?  My E9s say soft_v2.1.7.6. I picked them up used a while back, no idea if they have been upgraded.

Just curious -- what did you pay for them used?

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:54:41 PM

side note,

i find the IP of my E9+ with wireshark

when i try to connect to the IP  i got a timeout tried to ping the IP
same result  any idea ?

Have you put your computer network settings, IP address settings with the same subnet as the E9 Plus ?

I've got the same issue - are you saying that the subnet needs to be different ?

Thanks

I recommend installing Ebit tool available at their website.

Then check what is the miner ip address.

Then change your computer network setting so your computer is in the same subnet.

Then you can manage the miner and do the settings as you please.

You just resolved my trouble,  many thanks.
bassdun

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:53:56 PM

Just received 2 x E9 T after waiting a month and a lot of pestering. I am in the US.
One seems to run fine the other flashing red light and does not show up, searched with advanced ip scanner and nothing.
Tried  about 50 times to call hotline for service, get the recording and then it drops the call.
Has anyone dealt with their service. Says a whole lot of impressive things. Is any of it real?

Advanced IP scanner won't do anything if the machine is on a different subnet than your desktop.

Download Wireshark, run it, and look for ARP requests coming from the miner to get what IP it is assigned.

Once you have that IP, change your IP to match that network and connect to it.

Thanks.
Any manual or information on the web interface.

Hey guys,

Is there any tutorial on how to do this? I am really battling to get this right.
CyberRhino

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:17:25 PM

Yes, chances are your new miners have random DNS and IP addresses. Use the software on their website to ID your miner.
Ilan123

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:48:10 PM

You can also download sharkwire

Claim over $20 in Crypto for downloading the Legion Network App https://register.legionnetwork.io/NpZ9mjo
boyno

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:58:02 PM

Half of the posts in this thread are about the E9+ and not the E9.  Undecided

Is the software the same for the E9 as the E9+?  My E9s say soft_v2.1.7.6. I picked them up used a while back, no idea if they have been upgraded.

Just curious -- what did you pay for them used?

$950 each, without psu. Couple months ago.
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:06:25 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 06:17:57 PM by The Demon Slick

Had my E9+ 9T up for a week now, I'm not home much, nicehash has my hashrate all over the chart, from 1.0 to 14.9, but it's averaging .001 btc/day, which seems about right, so I wasn't too worried about it. A couple nights ago I walked by and the bad red light was on, the controller, but it cleared while I was looking at it. Today I saw it happen again, it was down for 9 minutes, then restored itself, during that time could not see it from my pc. Inside the box there are green lights on the outside boards, the one in the middle has a tiny blinking red light.
a - I suspect I have a bad board. Do I?
b - Anybody know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks.

PS -  bassdun read my post right before yours if you haven't solved it yet. Do what HaggssFIN said, use the ebite mini tool to get the miner ip, change your computer ip to be in the same range, then log into the miner and enable dhcp, reboot it, and you can revert your pc ip, all will be good. It will give itself something in your router domain. You will be able to see it in the web browser.
Pb67

Activity: 35
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:49:37 PM

Hi The demon slick, also my three units sometimes have the red blinking light, but I've checked on slushpool and it return me correct values ( more than 9.00th/24 hours each one).
I've only the web ui that don't work.
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:41:31 AM

Had my E9+ 9T up for a week now, I'm not home much, nicehash has my hashrate all over the chart, from 1.0 to 14.9, but it's averaging .001 btc/day, which seems about right, so I wasn't too worried about it. A couple nights ago I walked by and the bad red light was on, the controller, but it cleared while I was looking at it. Today I saw it happen again, it was down for 9 minutes, then restored itself, during that time could not see it from my pc. Inside the box there are green lights on the outside boards, the one in the middle has a tiny blinking red light.

Thanks.

PS -  bassdun read my post right before yours if you haven't solved it yet. Do what HaggssFIN said, use the ebite mini tool to get the miner ip, change your computer ip to be in the same range, then log into the miner and enable dhcp, reboot it, and you can revert your pc ip, all will be good. It will give itself something in your router domain. You will be able to see it in the web browser.

Without xnsub each new job/change/coin/pool that the renters are pointed at.. as nicehash shifts your miner around it has to reconnect .. even with xnsub your miner will STILL show varying hashrates because nicehash goes by what work ACTUALLY gets done.. so lets say one minute your miner is pumping out shares like crazy and the next it just can't figure anything out you will see higher than normal hash and then lower. See what I mean?
best bet.. point to a pool that doesn't switch like crazy or has no need of xnsub.
90% Likely NOT a bad board. So there is that.
sanmankrauss

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:32:09 AM

Hi The demon slick, also my three units sometimes have the red blinking light, but I've checked on slushpool and it return me correct values ( more than 9.00th/24 hours each one).
I've only the web ui that don't work.

try to force a login on port 443 (https) sometimes it doesn't auto redirects from HTTP to https
and check status there could be an alarm for several things like temperature, the speed of fan or error rates of the packets etc, not necessarily of ASIC alone as you are saying
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:34:47 PM

Thank you all for your answers, they are most helpful. I'm just going to go with it, it's getting .0011 and change/day over a 7 day stretch, so it's about where I expected it based on the online calculators. It's my first machine. Once I can get an s9 or two up and running maybe I'll take it offline and see what's up. the cgminer status stays around 6.5T, so maybe I got a 6.5 and paid 9.0 money, I dunno. Tried their site but couldn't find a place to look up the serial number. It is what it is. I settled for less, and I got less. I paid less too, so there's that. I was just in a hurry to get something up and running, and to be honest I'm glad I did, even if it's probably not my best financial move ever. Like training wheels :-0
Hazzard

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:37:03 AM

Just received 2 x E9 T after waiting a month and a lot of pestering. I am in the US.
One seems to run fine the other flashing red light and does not show up, searched with advanced ip scanner and nothing.
Tried  about 50 times to call hotline for service, get the recording and then it drops the call.
Has anyone dealt with their service. Says a whole lot of impressive things. Is any of it real?

Advanced IP scanner won't do anything if the machine is on a different subnet than your desktop.

Download Wireshark, run it, and look for ARP requests coming from the miner to get what IP it is assigned.

I have IP of the unit, that part was easy.
What I can't find anywhere is how to change to the right subnet.

IP address of miner is: 192.168.103.175
I've tried configuring my IPv4 manually. Setting IP as 192.168.103.63
And subnet as 255.255.255.128

What am I doing wrong here?
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

Tried  about 50 times to call hotline for service, get the recording and then it drops the call.

I have IP of the unit, that part was easy.
What I can't find anywhere is how to change to the right subnet.

IP address of miner is: 192.168.103.175
I've tried configuring my IPv4 manually. Setting IP as 192.168.103.63

What am I doing wrong here?

I dunno, worked for me. I think my subnet was all 255s though. You only need to get into the machine long enough to enable dhcp.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:26:36 PM

Set the subnet to 255.255.0.0 and you will be able to access anything on 192.168.xxx.xxx

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Anonym777

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:44:21 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 03:14:03 PM by Anonym777

Todo:
pool crack ssh password
PM Me for the private working group chat with books, firmware, toolchains, smtp miner interface software, and alot more Smiley
Hello. My english is bad. Somewhere I use a translater. Thaks for anderstand)

Do you give a firmware which do 11.5 Th for e9+ on stock APW and I will have ssh way for command to my asic? Do I understand correctly?  
I need to know which will be temperature around asic for working on 11.5 Th?
Will can I do entering by web-interfece in asic on your firmware?
How much donate for it now? ))  

I want to chat of  private working group)
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:11:58 PM

Thanks.

Without xnsub each new job/change/coin/pool that the renters are pointed at.. as nicehash shifts your miner around it has to reconnect .. even with xnsub your miner will STILL show varying hashrates because nicehash goes by what work ACTUALLY gets done.. so lets say one minute your miner is pumping out shares like crazy and the next it just can't figure anything out you will see higher than normal hash and then lower. See what I mean?
best bet.. point to a pool that doesn't switch like crazy or has no need of xnsub.

I didn't understand this right away... then it clicked
Basically, when nh switched you to a new pool, your hashrate shows as zero until you get an accepted share, and that can takes several minutes. Your machine is not down, it's working fine, you just have to wait.

Thank you.

I'm still hashing around 6-7, never 9, but at least when my s9s arrive I won't be freaking out over it.
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:18:29 PM

Thanks.

I didn't understand this right away... then it clicked
Basically, when nh switched you to a new pool, your hashrate shows as zero until you get an accepted share, and that can takes several minutes. Your machine is not down, it's working fine, you just have to wait.

Thank you.

I'm still hashing around 6-7, never 9, but at least when my s9s arrive I won't be freaking out over it.

sorry I always read forums when I first get up and normally coffee is brewing but not giving the brain needed go-go juice Smiley 
Sooooo anyway.. the s9's will NOT have the same problem as they have xnsub already patched into thier cgminer so it will stay
connected through rapidfire changes at places like nicehash.
Anonym777

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:51:53 AM

Hi. Who have or use a firmware of user tekcomm for 11,5th ?
onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:02:51 PM

The E9 (non+) ebit/ebang is the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen.  I have 3 of these and they are Buggy as fuck.  Every time power goes out it takes a lot of nursing to get these back up to spec. The issue with the red lights flashing on the controller has to do with the hash speed being below the calculated (expected) speed - so hence the "Cal Alarm" .  The issue (I believe) is due to a problem with the controller boards ability to get both boards hashing - when the hash rate is low and the red cal warning is on - one hash board is not hashing at all.

The way I've been able to fix this (until the unit is powered down) is by executing a series of steps in the web admin that doesn't make sense to me but it eventually works.
Under system config:
1. Set the "network error close" to NO - then Set. Then reboot the miner
2. Change Network Flag (change auto restart) to Bank2 (Change) - reboot
3. Set the "network error close" to Yes - then Set - reboot
4. Change Network Flag (change auto restart) back to Bank1 (Change) - reboot

May need to do the steps several times. You can tell when it's going to snap out of  -  after each reboot - check the hash rate.  If it gets beyond 50% of CAL chances are it will keep climbing and level off.
onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:07:05 PM

Hi. Who have or use a firmware of user tekcomm for 11,5th ?

Send me a PM - I have some info for you re: tekcomm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: