Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2018, 12:12:48 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 62531 times)
Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

If only it was normal to eat ice cream for dinner.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:18:54 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

install wireshark and look at the arp requests to find the correct ip address. Second option is to look at the DHCP leases of your router. Mine came DHCP enabled so I could connect this way.

Ok so I did that and I think I found the address but I'm still not getting to the miners page.  Also no matter how I turn it on, the red light never stays unblinking.  When I look at the connected dhcp figures I can  see that ip address but it sometimes goes blank just leaving the mac address on the page and then the ip will reappear.  I'm trying to contact the skype people from the ebang website.  This is kinda getting annoying.

The Booth Man!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
golimpio

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:27:31 AM

Bought 3 miners - 1 E9+ and 2 E9.

One of E9s was defective out of the box - problems with catching on network, and then hashing at 50%.

After few days of communicating with Ivy they admitted it is defective. I can send it for repair - at my expense. Why do I have to pay for their QA fault?

I agree that it might be good to have a competitor to Bitmain, however this competitor should be competitive, and should not make customers to pay for their own flaws

I never had out of the box problems with Antminers, so I will stick to them now. Ebang - I tried...

If you decide to send it for repair (just assuming that you are not in China), don't declare a value for the item (i.e. for insurance purpose), if you do it, on top of the shipping, you'll have to pay for the customs fee yourself, since China will charge you customs fees based on the value that you've declared (even if you explicitly note that you are sending it for repair).
Toll-Booth-Jim

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:57:11 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

install wireshark and look at the arp requests to find the correct ip address. Second option is to look at the DHCP leases of your router. Mine came DHCP enabled so I could connect this way.

Ok so I did that and I think I found the address but I'm still not getting to the miners page.  Also no matter how I turn it on, the red light never stays unblinking.  When I look at the connected dhcp figures I can  see that ip address but it sometimes goes blank just leaving the mac address on the page and then the ip will reappear.  I'm trying to contact the skype people from the ebang website.  This is kinda getting annoying.

So I've exhausted all of my ideas to try and get this miner going.  The ip it's coming up under is 192.168.4.105 but my router assigns all the devices in our network to 1 instead of 4 so that makes no sense to me.  If anyone has anything they could add that might help, i'll love you forever.

The Booth Man!
beltsniffer

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:20:12 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

Ok so I did that and I think I found the address but I'm still not getting to the miners page.  Also no matter how I turn it on, the red light never stays unblinking.  When I look at the connected dhcp figures I can  see that ip address but it sometimes goes blank just leaving the mac address on the page and then the ip will reappear.  I'm trying to contact the skype people from the ebang website.  This is kinda getting annoying.

So I've exhausted all of my ideas to try and get this miner going.  The ip it's coming up under is 192.168.4.105 but my router assigns all the devices in our network to 1 instead of 4 so that makes no sense to me.  If anyone has anything they could add that might help, i'll love you forever.
reset your router's starting ip to 192.168.4.1 then after you enable dhcp on the E9, you can change your router's ip back to 192.168.1.1

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it.

Edit: Of course make sure any other devices on your network, that you will need to access, are also dhcp. If not they will be not be accessible until you switch your router's ip back.
Toll-Booth-Jim

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 01:21:51 AM

That worked, I didn't change it back to the original after I was finished though.  Everything in my house seems to be fine with the new IP's

The Booth Man!
Und3rd0g

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:13:57 AM

The only way I was able to configure one of these was to setup a separate network with a spare router.  Both your PC and the unit need to be hardwired to the router to be able to access it.  From there, you can configure it and once done, it can be moved to your production network and work as expected.   These machines are a pain in the a** to configure.  Once  you get through that process, they mine quite well.
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:36:40 PM

is the $1400 one on their site ready for shipping now?
HagssFIN

Activity: 994
Merit: 1151

Electrician. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 10:01:48 PM

Ebit E9 Plus 9Th/s

1400 USD shipping in stock.

1300 USD shipping after Oct. 20.

These are the choices at the moment.

stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:35:46 PM

hmmmmmmmm  I just may buy a few now

Thanks
Und3rd0g

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:58:08 PM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

The only way I was able to configure one of these was to setup a separate network with a spare router.  Both your PC and the unit need to be hardwired to the router to be able to access it.  From there, you can configure it and once done, it can be moved to your production network and work as expected.   These machines are a pain in the a** to configure.  Once  you get through that process, they mine quite well.

I was able to overcome this issue and am NOW able connected to the admin console wirelessly!  See thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2246495.0.
Und3rd0g

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:51:26 AM

Does anyone know what the "Cal alarm" indicator means?  It seems to trip if I set the Mhz ("PLL") too high.
phusho

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:19:40 AM

Does anyone know what the "Cal alarm" indicator means?  It seems to trip if I set the Mhz ("PLL") too high.

It means that currently is not reached max calculation performance (avg in 60 seconds), nothing more, when gadget show above ~8500 it will turn off.
phusho

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:59:28 AM

Have anyone tried to overclock e9 and what hash rate have reached?
Logan4el

Activity: 155
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:09:34 PM

Ebang dropped the price to 1200$  Smiley I think still not worth it..

Also sorry guys I have been playing with shopping cart and added all 476 pieces in my orders and it is now "out of stock". Grin
Und3rd0g

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:44:13 PM

It means that currently is not reached max calculation performance (avg in 60 seconds), nothing more, when gadget show above ~8500 it will turn off.

I'm still confused.  What is "max calculation performance"?  Should I be concerned if it's in red yet well below 8500?
phusho

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:08:25 AM

I'm still confused.  What is "max calculation performance"?  Should I be concerned if it's in red yet well below 8500?
Some sort of indicator that it is stable hashing
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:54:18 AM

It's probably just the current hashrate of the miner. Depending on your batch this could be normal, the original E9s were made to hash at only ~6.5TH. If you have a 9TH model then this means there's something wrong with the miner chips or blade.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
Und3rd0g

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:22:41 PM

Does anyone know what the "Cal alarm" indicator means?  It seems to trip if I set the Mhz ("PLL") too high.

I'm still confused.  What is "max calculation performance"?  Should I be concerned if it's in red yet well below 8500?
It's probably just the current hashrate of the miner. Depending on your batch this could be normal, the original E9s were made to hash at only ~6.5TH. If you have a 9TH model then this means there's something wrong with the miner chips or blade.

Thanks.  It's a 6.5 hashing at 5.7Ths.   One more question, do you what "Network Flag(change auto restart)" Bank1 vs Bank 2 means?
phusho

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:23:33 AM

Does anyone know what the "Cal alarm" indicator means?  It seems to trip if I set the Mhz ("PLL") too high.

I'm still confused.  What is "max calculation performance"?  Should I be concerned if it's in red yet well below 8500?

Thanks.  It's a 6.5 hashing at 5.7Ths.   One more question, do you what "Network Flag(change auto restart)" Bank1 vs Bank 2 means?

When you update software it goes to other bank, so if something goes boom you can return to previous version, after each update banks 1 and 2 are alternated. In System Status menu you can see what software have in bank 1 and bank2.
ukfatboy

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:50:43 PM

Hi,

Does anybody have contact details , other than those on the website ?

Bought a Ebit Miner E9 Plus 9T  early Sept 2017, paid via bank transfer and then nothing!!!

Tried emailing all the addresses on website .... nothing!

tried skypeing people on website .... nothing !

Any help much appreciated!

Get Free ONION https://deeponion.org/apply TOR Int
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.