Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:12:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79916 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:41:06 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 02:53:33 PM by iamnotback

Doing some research on the statistics, it appears that the Isoniazid is as likely a cause of the fatigue, and I must take that for another 19.5 weeks:

http://factmed.com/study-ETHAMBUTOL-causing-FATIGUE.php
http://factmed.com/study-ISONIAZID-causing-FATIGUE.php
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/isoniazid/exhaustion,%20fatigue,%20lethargy,%20tiredness,%20weariness/

The recommendation is to take it before bedtime to try to sleep through the fatigue:

Fatigue Usually due to INH. Take medicine about 2 hours before bedtime
so can sleep through the symptoms.

I hope my TB is not MDR because it requires up to 2 years of injections and very horrible antibiotics at very extreme doses:

https://drtbnetwork.org/37-duration-mdr-tb-treatment

And diagnosing MDR and confirming negative culture in extra-pulmonary TB and my likely Peritoneal TB can be much more complicated:

https://drtbnetwork.org/110-diagnosis-extrapulmonary-mdr-tb

My pulmonary TB was only in left lung and very minimal on my xray, yet my ongoing symptoms over the past years indicate it had disseminated into my gut.

The research I did shows a 14.3% incidence of MDR to Isoniazid and Rifampicin in the Philippines in terms of hospital admitted active cases. And for Polyresistance to Ethambutol and Pyrazinamide is roughly 0.5% in the Philippines. The thing is that I was exposed to a lot of filipinos over the years, so it is possible I could have been infected more than once, so then I don't know to what extent the odds of my having a MDR strain that really requires I pursue a MDR treatment regimen.

Also I am somewhat confused as I had originally thought that if resistance to Isoniazid and Rifampicin was found but not resistance to Ethambutol and Pyrazinamide, then the four drugs would be prescribed, but apparently I am reading now that instead must do the injections regimen! Ughh. Yuck.

So really we have no assurances that I am near the end of this. I might be in for a horrible fight over a couple of years.

So I really need to find some way to become productive while under treatment.

I also really need to earn enough money to get proper Western quality diagnostics in terms of a CT scan and then samples taken and cultures done, to determine the progress of treatment and whether I have a MDR strain. None of this I can afford. I have no health insurance.

A group of guys offered to fund my health care in a return trip to Singapore, but I was so sick in January so I decided to initiate treatment immediately. I thought that it was impossible to culture for drug susceptibility after initiating treatment, but apparently follow up cultures can also help determine treatment progress but I am not confident that culture negative from my lung is a negative for my gut and we have no baseline culture from the gut before initiating treatment. This is complicated now. I feel improved on current treatment regimen other than the fatigue which is preventing me from working, but that doesn't mean I don't have MDR strain and couldn't suffer relapse after finishing the next 19.5 weeks of treatment.

I probably need to follow up in Singapore or other Western country. I wasn't totally comfortable with accepting funds from those guys, although I appreciate the offer. I am confused as to what I should do now. But I will probably try switching my dosage from the mornings to evenings and see if that improves my ability to work.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:13:49 PM

Another example (written tonight at midnight) of my computer science capabilities:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-281376943

I am slightly alert tonight after eating two beef hamburgers at 4pm and a beef soup at 8pm (hungry again now at midnight). So maybe shifting my dosage to evenings will have me more alert during the day. Seems my alertness is coming at late night, because I am dosing at early morning. The meds seems to be mostly active for about 8 - 12 hours before waning in blood concentration.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:45:44 PM

This seems like solid progress to me lol. Im glad I wasn't born in the 18th century, those big ass pants look fucking stupid.

About health, my temperature is cold, I don't tolerate cold very easily, I need to fix my thyroid status, finding the root causes is too hard so realistically I can only aim to patch with t4/t3 meds, maybe i should up calories too but its too difficult to know how many calories you really eat since measurements are inaccurate and also it stresses me to keep track of it. Im low bodyfat naturally so i dont have problems to keep low bodyfat and the unoptimal thyroid luckily doesn't make me a fat mess, I always have visible abs.

Once I make some tests and check some things I will go back to gym and see how my body reacts, I have been taking a long break.
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:46:09 PM

Another example (written tonight at midnight) of my computer science capabilities:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-281376943

I am slightly alert tonight after eating two beef hamburgers at 4pm and a beef soup at 8pm (hungry again now at midnight). So maybe shifting my dosage to evenings will have me more alert during the day. Seems my alertness is coming at late night, because I am dosing at early morning. The meds seems to be mostly active for about 8 - 12 hours before waning in blood concentration.

Sounds like you're back at it. When can I buy!?
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:51:57 PM

I need to fix my thyroid status, finding the root causes is too hard so realistically

Stabilize it. Get rich. Hire the best doctors at a university research hospital (in a first world country) and isolate the root cause. Live an awesome life thereafter. Helps to have a goal.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 05:09:16 PM

I need to fix my thyroid status, finding the root causes is too hard so realistically

Stabilize it. Get rich. Hire the best doctors at a university research hospital (in a first world country) and isolate the root cause. Live an awesome life thereafter. Helps to have a goal.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/102964992706/goals-vs-systems
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:19:24 PM

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/102964992706/goals-vs-systems

When your systems are already on red alert, you have to switch to immediate goals, stabilize then get back to long-term wellness strategies once you've survived the crisis.

My system lately is learning how to stay calm, motivated, upbeat, and hyperdriven despite being in a constant state of unwellness, stress, and crisis. This requires loving pain. Loving hell week in football in Louisiana in August. I learn to get pleasure strokes from the simplest things such as the taste of beef and even the smallest technological insight or accomplishment. The system of climbing out of a crisis. Staying productive helps me a lot, so the past weeks on meds has been maddening (because my productivity reduced to nearly a standstill). So I learned to love beef even more.

I do think it is very important while in crisis to examine how the systems went awry to make sure it doesn't happen again when and if get back to normal systems mode. I have been expending effort on that during this downtime on meds, which is what many of my non-technological posts have been about the past few weeks. Been trying to sort out the life mistakes I made which got me into this predicament. My other non-technological posts lately have been about trying to sort out the societal changes accelerating at this critical juncture in human history as we shift from an Industrial Age economy and culture to a Knowledge Age. The point is to get my plans and systems strategies aligned with where the world is headed as it affects me.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:20:33 PM

I would need indeed to get rich if I ever wanted to really find out my particular problem, since the amount of bloodwork and other tests that would need be done overtime require that you are rich, so im stuck with very basic resources.

I would need BTC to go at least 40K per coin to get rich and by rich I mean to have at least 1 million inflation adjusted USD.

I don't have many other holdings than that unfortunately, and I don't see BTC reaching 40k anytime soon...

So unless you can deliver something that goes to the moon, I don't see any other ways to get rich. I don't feel like gambling with my bitcoin holdings in the altcoin market specially right now when clearly BTC is showing its dominance and continues growing.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:42:05 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 06:53:58 PM by iamnotback

I would need BTC to go at least 40K per coin to get rich and by rich I mean to have at least 1 million inflation adjusted USD.

I don't have many other holdings than that unfortunately, and I don't see BTC reaching 40k anytime soon...

So unless you can deliver something that goes to the moon, I don't see any other ways to get rich. I don't feel like gambling with my bitcoin holdings in the altcoin market specially right now when clearly BTC is showing its dominance and continues growing.

Agreed I would be very selective about altcoin speculations right now, because BTC is poised to head towards $2500 - $5000 over the next couple of years (maybe sooner).

Well if I can get my productivity up so I can proceed with my plans, there is going to be another way to earn money with my project other than just as an investor. Given the size of your holdings, you might find that activity worth your time investment. We'll see as we get closer to it being a reality.

For diversification of risk, you don't want to dump more than say 10 - 15% of your BTC into any one altcoin speculation. Then if you could match that with earnings, so you have 20 - 30% position, then meeting your goal is within the realm of reasonable possibility (not Lotto odds).

But we are too far and too many ifs right now. I am very frustrated that I can't just go full speed right now. Well actually I have some energy tonight so I better get off BCT and use it to do some technical work. The technical discussion between @keean and myself continued:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-281411660

I haven't been able to keep up with analyzing new projects that have become prominent or announced since December. I've also been of the mindset to not comment on other projects too much, as it invites retribution cat fights and trolling which wastes my scarce time. I don't rule out the possibility of some other group making the next big altcoin. Keep your eyes open. I doubt hype and slick marketing is going to work again. We've already had Ethereum, etc... Probably will need to be a project with substantial technological and adoption paradigm meat.

Edit: I am really itching to get rolling full speed. It is maddening. I want this illness finally cured. Been several years of coping and waiting to get back to what I know I can do when healthy. Grrrr.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:59:54 PM

Someone else is asking how plausible is $47,000 per BTC:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg17930022#msg17930022
iamnotback

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:15:24 AM

My plans...

Bitcoin will have already served its role as the onramp to unregulated decentralization technology innovation.

Any non-fungible cryptocurrency with white and black lists is a permissioned ledger by default.  As I said before, the govt is going to create an alias system wrapper that goes around bitcoin and force everyone to use it by law or be considered a criminal launderer.  They will then eventually do the old switcharoo and divorce the alias system tokens away from representing bitcoin into being IMF coin or something.  It's far more likely the govt co-opts bitcoin and turns it into the cashless society slave system rather than it acting as an "on-ramp" to freedom.

It's plain as day to see what's going to happen with laws like this coming out in Japan:

"Only approved virtual currencies by the authority are considered legitimate and can be traded, sold or promoted to public"

This means govt is the legal arbitrator of forks.  The US, UK, and EU will hold a meeting and all collude saying only the fork with chain anchor or worse is the real bitcoin!  Since they can easily control the exchanges and mining pools, people will be forced to use that fork or have their coins become worthless.  The only reason bitcoin isn't illegal is because they know how easy it is to co-opt and morph it into their cashless society control grid.

Implausible when we will have anonymity on microtransactions. My conjecture is the governments can't afford to spend $1000s tracking down every $0.0001 transaction.

Although we will never have absolute iron-clad anonymity, since most people won't be doing anything illegal (e.g. sending an automated $0.0001 microtransaction when they click read a blog or listen to some music) and the coming Internet I am going to create will run on microtransactions, the governments won't be able to outlaw microtransactions. Will simply be too essential to the economy and popular to outlaw.

And privacy is important to everyone. Who wants the government snooping in your legal private affairs. We know that TSA agents were caught masturbating to the naked images from their airport body scanners.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:24:37 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 08:56:07 PM by iamnotback

The reason we have 100s of shitcoins (even speculators don't realize they are shit, e.g. MaidSafe) and nothing really substantial is because nothing other than PoW (and its flaws) can function without whales:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1799665.msg17950272#msg17950272 (<--- read all my comments in the linked thread, not just the linked one)
iamnotback

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:01:23 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 10:04:32 PM by iamnotback

...(e.g. sending an automated $0.0001 microtransaction when they click read a blog or listen to some music)...

I'm aware of the logic about why microtransactions won't work. But the cognitive load can be eliminated by, a) making the payments so small and automated, and b) making the payments a "game" that people want to be part of.

The common retort to asking people to pay for content on the Internet is that why would anyone pay for what they can get for free. My solution is to make it "free" to pay.  Wink

Also they can't get the (exact) same content for free else where, because the content providers want to be paid. They can get some other content else where for free, but not the exact same content. Then I have a mechanism by which they are already psychologically/socially invested into wanting the exact content that is not free. This also ties into the concept that it is a "game" (or social reward) of sorts.

Life is game. Everyone wants to be part of something. Everyone wants to feel something. Everyone wants a reason to be alive.

One thing to keep in mind is that many people (especially if we include the billions of people in the developing world) either don't have or aren't going to reach for their credit card or Paypal account to grab some content they may want. They'd maybe even be willing to pay that 25 cents for it, but it isn't worth the hassle of figuring out how to pay for it.

More details to follow...

P.S. An excellent ROI from advertising revenue is $0.001 per impression, but typically it is much lower than that. And that doesn't factor in the losses that advertising creates (such as sending the buying power else where and loosing your captured audience) and the loss of upsells+loyalty. For example, musicians make most of their revenue from upsells. So we shouldn't view the $0.001 microtransaction as the most economically relevant level. Probably it will be in the $0.05 or above (maybe even as high as $1) level that will be the most important economically. It may be the case that the $0.001 level is not even worth it. It may also vary given different content and monetization models. More holistically, advertising is a model that has a very low relevance (even with the best targeting). Thus the maximum economic value should be obtained not via advertising but via an organic, viral model of reaching consumers.

Some projects (e.g. Synereo and Yours.network, even to some extent Steemit) have suggested that paying curators is the best model for obtaining the maximum value of matching consumers to content. Rather I think an organic, viral model is superior wherein consumers share with other consumers for reasons of natural relevance, because the cognitive load on curation for profit is too high and not well matched to the finely grained free market annealing (optimization of fitness) of chaos in the human network.
bl234st

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:02:11 PM

The reason we have 100s of shitcoins (even speculators don't realize they are shit, e.g. MaidSafe) and nothing really substantial is because nothing other than PoW (and its flaws) can function without whales:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1799665.msg17950272#msg17950272 (<--- read all my comments in the linked thread, not just the linked one)

Maidsafe is crap? I would love to see you post that on their forum instead of this shit-hole. C'mon Shelby, it's too easy to make a comment like that in this wasteland. Do it! Just Do it!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr! Lamo!

Edit: Yes, I have been shorting Maid since last week.  Wink
iamnotback

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:05:46 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 01:04:15 AM by iamnotback

Maidsafe is crap? I would love to see you post that on their forum instead of this shit-hole. C'mon Shelby, it's too easy to make a comment like that in this wasteland. Do it! Just Do it!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr! Lamo!

It isn't worth my time to go argue with them. Carry on with that delusion and you will eventually (another 5 years of promises, technobabble nonsense, and hand waving?) reap what you've sown.

There is nothing wrong with the concept of a Torrent like Dark web network for distribution of files that are otherwise difficult to obtain on more efficient server farms. But we won't be mainstreaming content storage on home computers. Server farms will always be more efficient and mainstream. As for the token and earning money from hosting content on your home computer harddisk, brouhaha. Even a rough estimate on a napkin would indicate it is not viable to resell your Internet connection bandwidth for more than you pay for it, especially since you pay orders-of-magnitude more than it costs Google Roll Eyes

The main criticism is that even to the extent that we could create a more efficient cloud storage system comprising a common system incorporating a myraid of vendors by incorporating a signed proof-of-storage along with a blockchain record, the monetization of the system with a token is nonsense (other than as a gambling casino for speculation), because the most widely used crypto-currency will end up being the one the market prefers to use to pay for the cloud storage. These tokens (Sia, MaidSafe, Storj) are not going to be very long lived (because they haven't solved the major problems of crypto-currency), even though their proof-of-storage technology might end up being useful and used. Likewise, the technology for proof-of-storage will end up being used with the blockchain that solves the major problems of blockchains (e.g. centralization of consensus, etc). These projects are just incubators of experiments in cloud storage homogenization technology, not long-lived token+blockchain systems.
bl234st

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

It isn't worth my time to go argue with them. Carry on with that delusion and you will eventually (another 5 years of promises, technobabble nonsense, and hand waving?) reap what you've sown.

Shelby, I just think it would be interesting for you to have a debate with someone with an IQ above 70, as opposed to Spoetnik and his retarded rants. I remembered last year when you dissed ETH, they wouldn't even reply to you. I bet these guys would. Wonder if it would expose them, or you? Hmmmmm.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:22:27 PM

Shelby, I just think it would be interesting for you to have a debate with someone with an IQ above 70, as opposed to Spoetnik and his retarded rants. I remembered last year when you dissed ETH, they wouldn't even reply to you. I bet these guys would. Wonder if it would expose them, or you? Hmmmmm.

Raise a sufficient bounty and clear rules on what outcome I get paid. Then I will be motivated to go do it. Otherwise, I need to remain focused on my project.

I posted in Spoetnik's thread, because I wanted to make it clear that there is still upside in blockchains and crypto. I was of course alarmed by the notion that we are losing interest. Hell if that is the case, maybe I should lose interest too? Rather I think some speculators may have burned themselves out.

But there is a still a huge market out there of people who not even aware of our ecosystem. I want to expand the market of participants by millions. That is my goal.
bl234st

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:25:02 PM

Just trying to goad you Shelby... don't take it personal. You are the only reason some of us come here! Grin Good luck with your health, and get coding! How about $100 usd?
iamnotback

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:26:26 PM

How about $100 usd?

If I have some downtime or need to take a break and do something for fun. For $500, I would make it a priority.

Okay I get off this forum and go back to work I was doing before I started this day.
bl234st

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:30:32 PM

How about $100 usd?

If I have some downtime or need to a break and do something for fun. For $500, I would make it a priority.

Okay I get off this forum and go back to work I was doing before I started this day.

If BTC has a good run until March 11, then I will pay $500. Take care.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: