Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:59:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79916 times)
altcoiner

Activity: 351
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:15:26 PM

In my opinion it's already kinda past "early 2017". What is the "BTC killer" that iamnotback is talking about? Would like to see something that is ready to take down the system or at least bypass the system we r locked in and give freedom to the all of us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:52:08 PM

Some new discussion from the killer.
and here and here and here
Traxo

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:07:43 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 10:34:26 AM by Traxo
Merited by vapourminer (2)

Hey Traxo,

Can you ask Shelby when he plans to publish his project? Will it be in 2018? Because his plan was to do it end of 2016.

I just asked him in private chat. Here's what was conveyed to me.

Please refer to the links in his most recent blog about the illness that slowed him down so much.

He has been seeing a very slight and gradual improvement in his gut health in 2018.
Remember it was in 2017 that he did the 6 months of very liver toxic antibiotics for curing the Tuberculosis.
He is 53 this June, so it's a difficult recovery for him considering that his gut was already messed up (perforated acute ulcer that burned his internal organs with stomach acid in 2012) and numerous tropical infections he accumulated such as Dengue, etc..
He was also prescribed 24 days of fluoroquinolones in 2012 which are known to cause long-term side-effects.
He has problems with his Achilles tendons now which is one of the known long-term auto-immunity impacts.
Those antibiotics basically destroy athletes.
Probably why we are seeing so many ruptured Achilles tendons in the NBA now and can be due to the dye they use when doing MRIs routinely which accumulates in the brain.

Anyway, his health was in a mess, yet he is still athletic even for his age and trying his damndest to fight and recover.
He just started taking baking soda (see this: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-soda-inexpensive-safe-combat-autoimmune.html), to try to mute the autoimmunity cascade (that will then cause sudden pimples on his face and chronic fatigue) he gets after every meal. For example, he mentioned the baking soda and gut health in recent discussion on Github.
He has cysts all over his spleen and liver and these cause episodes of chronic fatigue and brain fog that make it impossible to think and work.
As I said, his condition appears to be improving and he is gaining more and more consistent hours where he feels alert and can work.
And he recently completed 16 consecutive days of running and gym workouts (boxing, barbell, etc).
He got his 40 yard dash time back up to the low 5 second range which isn't too bad for his age and health condition.

So presuming his health continues to stabilize and especially with the baking soda treatment which he thinks is having a positive effect so far, then a 2018 launch is within the realm of possibility.
But if his health continues to slow him down as much as it still is even now, then not likely a 2018 launch.

He is sparing no minute or ounce of energy trying to willpower his body and also to try to find more suitable people to delegate to.
But it is very difficult to find experts to delegate to because most people would rather work on their own projects because everybody wants to sell their own ICO.
The ICO bubble is killing any sort of rationality on the part of programmers and engineers.
The rational ones are staying in their existing careers and not shifting to blockchain work.

I will update you as the situation and prognosis changes.

When can you take my money?

When @anonymint remarked in chat that I would be able to brag that I am crypto expert (because of the knowledge of his I relayed recently), I joked to @anonymint, that I would pretend to be him, launch an ICO and then disappear to Kiribati. Lol.
For the record, @anonymint says there will not be an ICO. Instead there will be a decentralized onboarding which will enable speculators to obtain CRED tokens in the free market.
aenin2764

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:51:11 PM

Yas, Im also quite curious about this matter. This thread is turing into a virtual hospital bed for the sick and confused.
longquan1500

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:15:34 PM

This thread is turing into a virtual hospital bed for the sick and confused.
jsadn191919

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:21:30 PM

Thanks for input. I cant wait to see all of this in code and see it running in the wild. That is the final test.
trangvii111

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:11:56 PM

At my request about progress updates, it has been communicated to me that the developer of the proposed project (aka Bitnet) will inform someone to make a post in this thread when there is a decentralized discussion forum available for the project.
vilann987

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:17:44 AM

I don't know if the guy really can make the bitcoin killer but it seems he thinks he can at least and will try to invest my last few bitcoins into it as a last hoorah to the idea of crypto.
Traxo

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 07:56:44 AM

Apparently he will not be making any Bitcoin killer because he has quit due to declining health.

A think my poor health is the main reason for slow production. Coding is something that is fun but it is intense (if done well) and that intensity appears to be incompatible with the illness I have. I am not even exactly sure yet what illness I have, but whatever it is, it interferes with the energy level in the brain that enables that voracious mental activity that makes coding fun.

I will try to explain it with analogy. Would an NBA basketball player enjoy competing if he had become paralyzed from the waist down and now gets around in a wheelchair.

This is why I have been doing what I can do mentally, and design + conceptual analysis is less detail oriented than coding. Coding requires a lot of energy to keep 100s of tiny details in your head as you go forward. I have difficulty with my memory (battling with delirium) and thought processes because something in my liver disease and in theory digestive system is interrupting the energy needed for my body to function normally. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is incredibly debilitating.

That is why I have been putting so much effort into trying to solve my health problem, because I know I don't feel the same as when I used to code voraciously. And I am trying to get back what I had before.

I seem to do much better when I stay off the computer and do exercise all day.

he is doing much better. he is in the last month of that 6 month drug regime.

Last thing I heard is, he is recovering from the meds

AND, his health should finally be coming back to normal, and now finally hes looking like hes busy coding.

Apparently the 6 months of liver toxic TB antibiotics in H1 2017 was too destructive to his liver or something such that his health has continued to decline since "curing" the TB. The link I provided links off to more details.

The crypto market is undergoing a painful Scalepocalypse metamorphosis as n00bs come to understand their idol Satoshi was an evil motherfucking genius.

So this cognitive dissonance is causing them to rail against Bitcoin (USAF nonsense, etc), and so they will be served up some event which steals their tokens to silence them so Bitcoin can move forward without the deadweight.

And I don't believe for a second none of them are aware of the potential disaster described by anonymint, so why are they ignoring it? Maybe they consider it only a theoretical risk that can never happen in practice? It just seems strange to me, that all of them are willing to gamble with their reputation, hoping that nothing goes wrong.

Even if it were possible to do what shelby claims (which I highly doubt), 100% of miners have locked into segwit which means there will be 0% hash power on the old fork because 100% of miners have committed to mine on the new fork.

Basically, the old fork will be dead, everyone having moved over to the segwit fork, so the point would be moot anyway.

FYI you may not realize he posited that an understanding of Gresham’s law and economic game theory obviates your logic?

This problem has been pointed out to core devs almost since SegWit was A Thing. They acknowledge that it is technically possible, but they ridicule any notion that it is a practical risk. I believe they are gravely mistaken. The risk is unacceptable. While perhaps small initially, the risk grows unboundedly with the cumulative UTXO ever used in segwit transactions.

Indeed that is the essence of the posited argument.

If anything is a bitcoin killer its Radix but I can't see bitcoin dying it will survive as an asset based investment.

He wrote a scathing critique of Radix last year:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/scaling-decentralization-security-of-distributed-ledgers-part-3

The only project currently that really aims to solve the scaling problem is ethereum, all other projects have some sort of very limited scaling.

My stance is that Ethereum's current track with Casper is exactly where I want them to be, because they are building a clusterfuck of Rube Goldberg complexity with hidden security holes they can't see.

Ethereum is a (currently flawed) visionary concept, but my expectation is the execution is going to be more of the same as what we already have observed. Until you change the leaders, don't expect a different result. Vitalik has demonstrated already what he is good at and what he is not. The track record is there and my fundamental understanding of Byzantine agreement as it applies to Casper indicates to me more of the same is underway. However, Vitalik is young and smart, so he may adjust his methods. We will see.

[…]

Casper isn't even designed and vetted. Once they write it down formally and the vetting begins, that is when it will become clear that it is a clusterfuck of security holes. More months of wasted time before they even write it down formally.

Ethereum's Casper shit is more of the same proof-of-stake (nothing-at-stake or centralization by economic weight, e.g. DPoS) nonsense. The betting stuff enables what Vitalik refers to as "dark uncles" or "dunkles", which Vitalik incorrectly thinks will solve the nothing-at-stake problem. Also Casper has the problem that all deterministic finality PoS and Byzatine agreement systems have, which is a 33% liveness threshold which if that many validators balk or stop processing, then the chain can't move forward without a hard fork.

And he has a scathing critique of Ethereum’s Plasma and Parity’s Polkadot some 3+ years after that group started their R&D on scaling.

Apparently LTC will likely be a hedge against the coming BTC decline. Go long LTC (Litecoin) now.

How many of you purchased at $6 when he first suggested buying LTC and sold at the peak of $350?

How many of you went long on the crypto markets in late January when he predicted the current rise?

My self-delusion meter, just broke!

Presumably not you given that apparently was your reply to his suggestion?

OP I would very much appreciate if you'd lock the thread.

I didn't demand. I asked the OP to consider closing the thread, because he created a firestorm that is wasting my time as every anonymous pinhead comes in here to tell me how much they idolize the pinheads who destroyed Bitcoin.

Why? Because I didn't make any announcement thread. I am sincere enough to come here and answer questions honestly even though it is all premature.

And I could see that the thread was turning into a pinhead fuckfest of irrelevant, unprofessional, juvenile noise.

@thejaytiesto, couldn’t you grant his request by now and not continue to drag his name into a thread like this when he is gone, it’s no longer applicable, and he is unable to respond?
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 02:10:55 PM

Apparently he will not be making any Bitcoin killer because he has quit due to declining health.

Really, anonymint quit his project due to bad health, that's bad news, I feel for the guy!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47]
  Print  

Jump to: