June 23, 2024, 12:30:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:59:50 AM

There is a big possibility that bitcoin will overcome Paypal! actually not just Paypal, even skrill and many more. as of now, i think they are seeing bitcoin as a threat in their industry! for me, that is also one of the reasons why Paypal does not accept bitcoin as a mode of payment in their site. i think bitcoin is the best among them!
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:44:05 PM

There is a big possibility that bitcoin will overcome Paypal! actually not just Paypal, even skrill and many more. as of now, i think they are seeing bitcoin as a threat in their industry! for me, that is also one of the reasons why Paypal does not accept bitcoin as a mode of payment in their site. i think bitcoin is the best among them!

My opinion is opposite, bitcoin cannot overcome paypal. The reason is simple if paypal sees that bitcoin is the demand in the market then they will integrate bitcoin payments into their system thus they will not be overcome but becoming one with bitcoin. Soon including skrill will be forced to integrate bitcoin into their system. Bitcoin is now used everywhere from paying a taxi cab, payment at restaurant and hotels, payment for starbucks coffee, payment to tuition, payment for purchasing books and t-shirts and many more. Bitcoin is bright for bitcoin and everything online will integrate bitcoin in their system sooner or later.
margarete11

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:50:52 PM

Bitcoin is very different from paypal , Paypal is a private sectors controlled by some individuals while bitcoin is a decentralized application controlled by no one ! I think if there is one thng Bitcoin overcome paypal It was because Bitcoin had low fee compared to Paypal but in terms of security I think Paypal still is number one.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:58:33 PM

I would say yes as more cashless methods of payments are being developed. You can soon pay using just your smartphone. Yes credit/debit cards will soon disappear. I personally think using your phone to pay is convenient as you can just scan the store's QR code and cha-ching! Yes bitcoins will be the future currency and even $ might become digital because this is digital age we are in.

With that saying its easily to believe that Paypal will be past in near future. We are moving towards digital when QR codes and things like these will work and transactions will be faster and hassle free with bitcoins. Transfer of money through countries will be easy also because of bitcoins. So we will see lots of benefits associated with bitcoins.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 07:24:41 AM

In my opinion, the current Bitcoin can not pass the paypal. Paypal is a large company was established a long time, moreover it is controlled by the government. Bitcoin value of current is very large, but it does have some limitations, such as not being recognized in many countries. However this issue is increasingly positive signs. I hope that in the future Bitcoin will be able to overcome paypal
i personally have no idea about paypal that either government is supporting it or not. but i think government mostly support and control government's department and paypal is private form. it is also a fact that paypal is banned in some countries, for example Pakistan government has banned paypal, while in some countries they do not have their service, so how can you say that paypal is better than bitcoin, because bitcoin is not banned any where and its service is also present everywhere.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 07:35:29 AM

I went for maybe because saying outrightly bitcoin will overcome paypal is just like saying bitcoin will be used freely by all countries without meeting some conditions. Paypal has one factor that bitcoin is still lacking which is nothing than the backing of government which is what  will always give it an advantage over bitcoin until that is done for bitcoin to have that status, thats when it will then be at par after that we can now start talking about overcoming paypal.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 07:43:14 AM

Yes bitcoin would overcome paypal as both are different form of money. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency but PayPal is just a payment gateway and to set up a working paypal account is really a boring work for noobs but bitcoin is such a simple which doesn't require any personal information and high transfer fees of paypal will discourage poor fellows like me.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:58:54 AM

I hardly think that bitcoin will overcome Paypal for the simple reason of people thinking bitcoin is some sort of a scam. We can't blame them for being exposed to social media accounts that spread this idea to average people and average people believe literally everything that they read unless it's an obvious lie. They don't mind checking the information that they get. For example, the facebook page named "Google Facts" can post a myth or a lie and people would still believe it.

Paypal is everything to other people. You can link your card on Paypal and that's really something that people are looking for. A website which you can link your card and then you're ready to go online shopping. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is kind of hard to comprehend by the average person. Most of us have stayed for thousands of hours browsing stuffs online so bitcoin isn't something that's hard to understand for us.

dotajhay

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:13:05 AM

Bitcoin is very different from paypal , Paypal is a private sectors controlled by some individuals while bitcoin is a decentralized application controlled by no one ! I think if there is one thng Bitcoin overcome paypal It was because Bitcoin had low fee compared to Paypal but in terms of security I think Paypal still is number one.
Paypal is just for the rich people who do business in their websites because of its fee and it is very secured but bitcoin too, Paypal and bitcoin is same best online wallet or currency but bitcoin is better because of its benefits and features.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:02:40 AM

Paypal is just for the rich people who do business in their websites because of its fee and it is very secured but bitcoin too, Paypal and bitcoin is same best online wallet or currency but bitcoin is better because of its benefits and features.

that doesn't make any sense because being rich doesn't have to do anything with paypal. rich people don't have small businesses online to get small payments!
and from what i have seen it is mostly the small businesses, selling small stuff and making small profit over the internet most of the time.
besides it doesn't matter in any case because bitcoin beats paypal in all the features, the only problem with bitcoin over paypal is the volatile price and its adoption.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:04:12 AM

Yes bitcoin would overcome paypal as both are different form of money. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency but PayPal is just a payment gateway and to set up a working paypal account is really a boring work for noobs but bitcoin is such a simple which doesn't require any personal information and high transfer fees of paypal will discourage poor fellows like me.

You forget one simple and very important thing. For the average joe the volatility is probably one of the most important reasons to avoid Bitcoin. If you look at it from their mindset, then I can't really blame them. If you deposit $1000 into your PayPal account, then the next weeks/months you are guaranteed that you can buy things for the same amount of money. But with Bitcoin it's either it has gone up in value, or down. In case of the latter option, these people will obviously get less from their money since the value of their coins has dropped below the $1000 value they bought at. In order to buy the same, they have to add money. It's an inconvenience for these people. That's why in most cases people take PayPal's fees for granted as it offers them maximum security.
dhampir-D

Activity: 454

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:20:11 AM

Some people may see as points of failure the elements of centralization that there is in the Paypal service. So this will depend on the user. Some people feel safer using PayPal. And there are centralized institutions that don't support decentralized technologies, such institutions are more likely to use PayPal as well. On the other hand, individuals who recognize and accept the importance of decentralized forms of payment, will certainly prefer to use Bitcoin.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 11:28:25 AM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin
I believe despite all its shortcomings and flaws,PayPal will continue to be one of the leading payment processor.
There is a possibility that paypal accept bitcoin in future.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:52:00 AM

of course bitcoin has a feature that is very good at the moment. some things can not be done by paypal.
bitcoin can become a medium of payment solutions in the future better.
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:44:53 PM

of course bitcoin has a feature that is very good at the moment. some things can not be done by paypal.
bitcoin can become a medium of payment solutions in the future better.

Yes bitcoin has more advantages compared to paypal specially in payments online as long as its compatible with digital currency transactions. But it doesn't point out a reason that it will overcome paypal because, paypal is useful for buying bitcoin to those people who want to use digital currency and to hold btc accounts for future investments.

ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:50:12 PM

Yes, bitcoin can overcome paypal. Transaction fees is very less in bitcoin. Merchants would like it much as there is no cash return once payment is made in bitcoin.The  main problem to be solved is transaction time taken which is more nowadays.Block size has to be increased.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 01:12:41 PM

Yes, bitcoin can overcome paypal. Transaction fees is very less in bitcoin. Merchants would like it much as there is no cash return once payment is made in bitcoin.The  main problem to be solved is transaction time taken which is more nowadays.Block size has to be increased.
Bitcoin is future currency which community can achieve to do so,that service will great opportunity and there is a big possibility that bitcoin will overcome paypal.Bitcoin already making thread not only paypal but so many gateway.Bitcoin which give us service without any tax but as a users of paypal no one would not expect any service without to pay fees.It just need some time to do it.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

bitcoin is an alternative monetary system, so bitcoin can't "replace" paypal, just take over paypal, so they will use Bitcoin instead or alongside the traditional monetary system, or make paypal obsolete. Ask if paypal would be replaced by Bitcoins is the same as ask if the credit cards will overcome Paypal

But I don't see any change for now, there is not enough demand yet
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:37:36 PM

bitcoin is an alternative monetary system, so bitcoin can't "replace" paypal, just take over paypal, so they will use Bitcoin instead or alongside the traditional monetary system, or make paypal obsolete. Ask if paypal would be replaced by Bitcoins is the same as ask if the credit cards will overcome Paypal

But I don't see any change for now, there is not enough demand yet
No hurry, you do not need to predict for current situations, what will happen after 2 or 5 years. Do you think any change will not occur even at those times. I expect paypal become obsolete.

Overcome is the right term to use here as PayPal may find its way of surviving for competing against bitcoin, so PayPal will exist but the percentage of being used by world population will be very less.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:49:11 PM

I am not sure if Bitcoin will overcome Paypal some day. I am sure that cryto coins in common will overcome Paypal. Paypal's business is doomed as the business models of the most banks. I am certain of it that Paypal will create an own decentralized blockchain based currency in the future to save their business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: