Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:44:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about immortality?  (Read 12052 times)
daicabe

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:20:27 AM

I think that eternity exists only in the world of film and if there is an eternity in this world would be very lucky for people who have the good fortune

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngangngang

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:59:38 AM

Immortality in theory does not exist because I do not know a cure discovered to be able to not grow old there may be something in the future to be able to live longer or may not
atyyioy

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:06:26 AM

Nope, no one should be given this as it is something very sacred.
wastetimer1

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:10:14 PM

It really doesn’t exist and I do not really believe in it at all.
YeseniaRogers11

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:18:04 PM

As some distance as I recognise there are a person whos a billionaire that is beginning a task of setting all his reminiscence into the computer.He gathered lots of geniuses everywhere in the international to think about a way to try this impossible feat. Do you observed they are able to surpass this not possible? If they can try this venture there will be a whole lot of openings of discovery referring to these venture like turning humans into robots a good way to live forever. Making cyborgs even pets, I assume this is genuinely frightening.
Partsimo

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:40:51 PM

I wouldn't want to watch my family and friends die, immortality is not a good idea.
MonDay

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 03:01:57 PM

Immortality!?
I really believe that such thing is very dangerous for humanity:
- being brain-bright and body-exhausted crawling thousand years? Not jet set, but everyone...
- being mind-exhausted and fitted physically? Jumping morrons all around...
No thank you. I better knock on St.Peter's door...
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:35:52 AM

Yes, I think immortality is possible via mind uploading. For me, that’s the most feasible method as compared to cryogenics or even AI or artificial organs. Releasing the mind from the body, I guess, is the most technically correct way to stay alive. Our physical bodies can’t live forever. It can have a long life, but with sickness and old age –it’s the huge life inhibitor, right?
sample6

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:30:16 AM

Pada konser perdananya ini, JCP mengusung tema Lingkaran Keabadian. Tema tersebut diangkat untuk menanggapi kondisi dunia yang semakin tidak menentu. JCP berusaha untuk tetap menjaga keseimbangan yang ada di masyarakat dengan menyediakan ruang refleksi melalui musik.

“Kalau tahun lalu mengacu ke arah geografis, sekarang lebih ke tema sebetulnya. Seperti musik itu berbicara tentang apa, sehingga musik yang dipilih masih tetap berhubungan dengan tema tersebut,” ujar Budi Utomo Prabowo selaku Konduktor Utama dari Jakarta City Philharmonic.

Dalam konser ini, JCP akan membawakan karya komposer Indonesia Jenny Rompas yang berjudul 0, Variations and Fugue for Orchestra on a Theme by Mozart Op. 132 oleh Max Reger, Simfoni No.5 dalam E minor Op. 64 milik Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, dan satu karya tambahan dari Johann Sebastian Bach berjudul Suita Orkestra No. 3 dalam D Mayor BWV 1068. Karya Bach tersebut dimainkan dalam rangka mengenang Suka Hardjana, seorang pengamat musik yang meninggal awal April lalu.

Konser merupakan kali ketiga diadakan. Dua tahun sebelumnya, konser JCP diadakan di Gedung Kesenian Jakarta dan mendapat respon yang baik dari masyarakat. Dikarenakan membludaknya penonton yang menonton pada tahun berikutnya, akhirnya lokasi pertunjukan pun dipindahkan di Gedung Teater Jakarta karena dapat menampung lebih banyak penonton.

“Kami mendapat respon yang sangat baik dari masyarakat. Dari awalnya hanya 250 penonton, sekarang mencapai 1.200 penonton bahkan lebih,” ujar Aksan Sjuman Komisaris Jakarta City Philharmonic. Pertunjukan ini akan rutin diselenggarakan setiap bulannya selama 2018 dengan delapan kali pertunjukan.
boatswaincreditE

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:24:42 PM

I do not think that immortality even exists and it is something insane.
mangjemsy

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

In reality, immortality doesn't exists. We, humans, have what we called life span; and today's span of life is getting lower. Also, artificial intelligence cannot be as great as human brains because our brains are special made by God. There is no such man-made thing could be better than human brain.
Windrunner88

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:30:03 PM

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

Immortality in the sense of a digital copy is not true immortality. It is more along the lines of cloning. For instance, think of an organic human as a vinyl record and the digital copy as an mp3. For the most part you can say there is no distinguishing differences yet, the mp3 does not log all the dings, scratches and every other error present in the original. Just as when you copy any file on a computer it is not the original file, but a copy.

If your goal is to continue yourself from the state you were at when you died, then yes, that will suffice. The problem is, it isn't you. You still died. So you feel nothing. Your copy is what will experience the world after you die. Just as when you make a clone of say a dog, you know it is not your actual dog, but a clone of it. There is no difference from a dog and a person when you are copying its data. Both had an original and both have a copy.

The main problem is how we are created. Humans as they are now will never be immortal. But, if you follow the beliefs of tranhumanism, eventually humanity and technology will meld together until there is a point where there is no distinguishing difference between the two. Those of us born before that time will be doomed to die. After that phase though, humans will be created in a digital environment, so technically they would live forever as they do not have to deal with organic flaws. They would also not be classified as Homo Sapiens, or from the viewpoint of some, not human at all.

Also, I've always thought that if reincarnation is real then there is no reason to find immortality. You technically already are. You just don't stay in the same state forever. Which sounds more fun than watching the world pass by as the same person or thing.
I guess one of the first questions would be what your definitely of immortality. On Wikipedia, I found this, "Physical immortality is a state of life that allows a person to avoid death and maintain conscious thought." If you could actually upload your mind and have it function in some sort of computer, maybe the trick is just the transition. If you upload it and your copy starts "living" and thinking it's own thoughts separate to you, then you would die and the copy would live on. It would be distinctly different. If you died, then somebody turn on the save copy of you, you'd be dead and the train of conscious thoughts would be interrupted. Your copy would just go back to the time when it was uploaded. If you you could get it just right, so that your brain is uploaded while you were dying, you could get the effect of a continued train of thought. The body would die, but the mind would just move into the computer and keep working.
lucasz87

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:10:16 PM

immortality? whatever it is, even a science that is recorded and stored in an advanced technology will not be able to fight time and natural disasters. I think in this world, there is absolutely nothing eternal
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:47:58 AM

I think mind uploading as a means to achieve immortality is the one of the more popular methods to date. It sounds more appealing as well, as compared to freezing bodies or harvesting organs –that’s just creepy to me! I think the top choices are mind uploading or space colonization. I even found an interesting discussion on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transhumanism/comments/91g7yd/should_we_focus_on_space_colonization_or_digital/

(P.S. Let me know if it’s not allowed to post forum links here. Will gladly edit/delete. Thanks!)
lokkytan

Activity: 74

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:18:14 AM

I can't say that immortal is impossible but look conventionally that immortality is simply those who fear the death.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
cuurtissss

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 05:38:22 PM

Immortality is the one that was meant only for the Gods and not humans.
DeluxeJR

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:40:39 PM

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?

Immortality comes after death. There will be no chance for people to be immortal as our nature is to die in order to give place for another living creatures.
psvita

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:02:43 PM

Immortality is only but a word, it's not possible in the world because everything expires
Cryptojuni

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

Immorality is an unconventional and unlawful act of humanism. Immorality is an act that is common among people of low moral standards. The creator of the entire universe is against immoral acts.
Camir

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Immortality sounds great, but soon one day you will be too bored and want to commit sucide, i may want to live long time and experience different stuf,, but not to live forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: