Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ascendancy IPO Turned Into a Scam - Investigation in progress  (Read 38319 times)
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 06:55:22 PM

Why I have a feeling that we can see a déjà-vu of DeClouds scam? There is no information about the project developers, no video, no twitter or linkedin profile links but a lot of talk here and on slack. Guys, if you are serious show yourself do an interview or short video. Otherwise, it is impossible to believe that this project is legit and not a DeClouds style scam.
Hello, Arvydas77!

We're using three escrows (Yahoo62278,minerjones and Lauda). As far as I know, DeCloud didn't use any escrow.

I'm the hired Project Manager at Ascendancy and both my Twitter accounts are public.
For more information about the Founders (Andrew Penn and Richard Aldridge), you can read this document.

Sincerely,
Axel Karlsson

Thank you, but this document neither tells us much about the team, nor we have seen real people who are leading this project. I know that anonymity is good in transactions but it is not good when you are presenting a project to a public and raising funds. It is difficult to treat this project legit as we have only vague information. I really suggest you to have a talk on youtube channel and do not hide in Slack. This place is good when project is finished but now people want proof and legitimacy.

As I know escrow from bitcointalk members means mostly nothing.  

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SparkIt

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:19:14 PM

Why I have a feeling that we can see a déjà-vu of DeClouds scam? There is no information about the project developers, no video, no twitter or linkedin profile links but a lot of talk here and on slack. Guys, if you are serious show yourself do an interview or short video. Otherwise, it is impossible to believe that this project is legit and not a DeClouds style scam.
Hello, Arvydas77!

We're using three escrows (Yahoo62278,minerjones and Lauda). As far as I know, DeCloud didn't use any escrow.

I'm the hired Project Manager at Ascendancy and both my Twitter accounts are public.
For more information about the Founders (Andrew Penn and Richard Aldridge), you can read this document.

Sincerely,
Axel Karlsson

Thank you, but this document neither tells us much about the team, nor we have seen real people who are leading this project. I know that anonymity is good in transactions but it is not good when you are presenting a project to a public and raising funds. It is difficult to treat this project legit as we have only vague information. I really suggest you to have a talk on youtube channel and do not hide in Slack. This place is good when project is finished but now people want proof and legitimacy.

As I know escrow from bitcointalk members means mostly nothing.  
I will let Andrew and Richard discuss that part with you since they're the founders

Regarding escrows, having three reputable Bitcointalk members means a lot when they protect investors money.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:40:29 PM

I still really don't understand how Decloud was able to pull that off and be able to raise 200BTC, my bad, I let emotion get in the way of my reasoning. I doubt Ascendancy is a scam. Lupin will not be the campaign manager if he is not sure they are real. 

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 08:28:37 PM

I still really don't understand how Decloud was able to pull that off and be able to raise 200BTC, my bad, I let emotion get in the way of my reasoning. I doubt Ascendancy is a scam. Lupin will not be the campaign manager if he is not sure they are real. 

I do not insist that Ascendancy is a scam but I'm asking for additional proof. Story with DeClouds was very similar, as I remember. Because of that I want to be assure that Ascendancy project is different and legit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Tasty Potato

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:05:54 PM

It is kind of understandable that more and more people want proofs of new ICOs and IPOs. Promt and full answers of the dev team gives confidence, having escrow and trust helps too.
There is some grey area over the product itself and its usefullness, but I believe if the guys have been working over a year and determined to keep working with any IPO results, ASC should have its place inder the sun.  Cool

I met my first and fresh scam ICO with Lithium, that was something, I didn't invest in that, thank my guts  Tongue

But today I made a small investment in ASC and I hope and stuff  Cheesy
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 11:17:12 PM

Any IPO saying to the moon, I am worried about. This is already a crowded space people using other libraries to create a new project. If you guy where serious in this space you would make the coin minable and take percentage  of the mining like z cash for a time period to raise funds. Too many IPO collect funds and control the IPO and then ignore the investor once they have the money, and then we see late timelines..

ONE must prove themselves, and it will take more then just a bitcoin talk advertisement to raise millions of dollars....

People are tired of ICO/IPO ...... There is whole list starting with ethereum,lisk,startis and ETC..... and there are probably few more I do not know about.

I think the Dapp space is filled up.... If a dev team could create an ICO with 5-10 dapps built in the system that are called features, it would be good but another platform for dev teams to build on is too much.. what we will have to wait up to a year or soo for the plattform to be completed and the another year or so to see a basic dapp that has already been done in ethereum,lisk.. what is the point what is new about it.... what makes me excited about another project...
8489faustn

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

It is kind of understandable that more and more people want proofs of new ICOs and IPOs. Promt and full answers of the dev team gives confidence, having escrow and trust helps too.
There is some grey area over the product itself and its usefullness, but I believe if the guys have been working over a year and determined to keep working with any IPO results, ASC should have its place inder the sun.  Cool

I met my first and fresh scam ICO with Lithium, that was something, I didn't invest in that, thank my guts  Tongue

But today I made a small investment in ASC and I hope and stuff  Cheesy
Everything that I have seen makes this seem like the team is very professional and I would trust them with my funds. And haha yeah true with lithium! Thankfully, I didn't put anything into it and just signed up for the free distribution.
malcovixeffect

Merit: 266

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:59:37 AM

Any IPO saying to the moon, I am worried about. This is already a crowded space people using other libraries to create a new project. If you guy where serious in this space you would make the coin minable and take percentage  of the mining like z cash for a time period to raise funds. Too many IPO collect funds and control the IPO and then ignore the investor once they have the money, and then we see late timelines..

ONE must prove themselves, and it will take more then just a bitcoin talk advertisement to raise millions of dollars....

People are tired of ICO/IPO ...... There is whole list starting with ethereum,lisk,startis and ETC..... and there are probably few more I do not know about.

I think the Dapp space is filled up.... If a dev team could create an ICO with 5-10 dapps built in the system that are called features, it would be good but another platform for dev teams to build on is too much.. what we will have to wait up to a year or soo for the plattform to be completed and the another year or so to see a basic dapp that has already been done in ethereum,lisk.. what is the point what is new about it.... what makes me excited about another project...

Cmon they hired a child to draw for them alien, rocket, satellite, etc.

Aiming for the moon.. This is literally going to fail
SparkIt

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:09:11 AM

Ascendancy Steemit Article
Hey everyone! I've written a Steemit Article.
I hope this will make things more clear for you guys and that it will attract more people to this wonderful community.

Click the image to get redirected to the Steemit post

I will also publish a couple of documents about Ascendancy as soon as they're proofread.
malcovixeffect

Merit: 266

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:13:59 AM

I dont know if its aiming to attract for man-child investors or using the children theme to convey user-friendly product..

Oh well.. Probably its not my taste im out..
Supebox

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:18:08 AM

Nothing new here, just another money grab clone. Prove me wrong

St4nl3y,

That's exactly what we plan on doing.
Stay tuned for the next few days while we reveal some more progress!

-Andrew Penn

Why don't you reveal yourself?

Both of you guys are ghost on the internet?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Andrew+Penn&oq=Andrew+Penn
https://www.google.com/search?q=Richard+Aldridge&oq=Richard+Aldridge

It's 2017, why is there no result coming up when we google you with information frm this doc:
https://ascendancy.io/founding.pdf

But the real issue is if you are capable right. If you would be investing in someone/ a team of 480 BTC/ 442.300 USD you too would like to see more.
Projects you worked on etc.

Just look at the whitepaper. It's a typical non coders document. No details etc.

There has been a lot of scams DeCloud 300 BTC, so yeah it's not too much to ask.
Because let's face it. It's you guys who want 442.300 USD.
SparkIt

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:19:27 AM

I dont know if its aiming to attract for man-child investors or using the children theme to convey user-friendly product..

Oh well.. Probably its not my taste im out..
I'm sad you don't like the reference with Ascendancy and Space.

I hope you change your mind about Ascendancy or if you don't, that you find a project more of your taste.
Take care, Malvocixeffect!

Sincerely, Axel Karlsson.
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 03:45:49 AM

Ascendancy Steemit Article
Hey everyone! I've written a Steemit Article.
I hope this will make things more clear for you guys and that it will attract more people to this wonderful community.

Click the image to get redirected to the Steemit post

I will also publish a couple of documents about Ascendancy as soon as they're proofread.

I don't have enough time to read the article, I know about Ascendancy already. but this Image worth appreciation... I like it.  Grin Grin Grin

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 04:42:47 AM

Nothing new here, just another money grab clone. Prove me wrong

St4nl3y,

That's exactly what we plan on doing.
Stay tuned for the next few days while we reveal some more progress!

-Andrew Penn

Why don't you reveal yourself?

Both of you guys are ghost on the internet?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Andrew+Penn&oq=Andrew+Penn
https://www.google.com/search?q=Richard+Aldridge&oq=Richard+Aldridge

It's 2017, why is there no result coming up when we google you with information frm this doc:
https://ascendancy.io/founding.pdf

But the real issue is if you are capable right. If you would be investing in someone/ a team of 480 BTC/ 442.300 USD you too would like to see more.
Projects you worked on etc.

Just look at the whitepaper. It's a typical non coders document. No details etc.

There has been a lot of scams DeCloud 300 BTC, so yeah it's not too much to ask.
Because let's face it. It's you guys who want 442.300 USD.

Clearly it is a scam. Nothing new, just some graphics and high level blah blah.

Oh, by the way, didn't you notice the dev still have the BitDice avatar and signature? This guy wants to get 0.0x BTC per week, at the same time grab quick money from IPO, do you think he care about his own coin? not even promote to it. He did not believe to it, does anyone else believe to it?? Roll Eyes
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 04:57:14 AM

Clearly it is a scam. Nothing new, just some graphics and high level blah blah.
Mind elaborating a bit more?

Oh, by the way, didn't you notice the dev still have the BitDice avatar and signature? This guy wants to get 0.0x BTC per week, at the same time grab quick money from IPO, do you think he care about his own coin? not even promote to it. He did not believe to it, does anyone else believe to it?? Roll Eyes
1.I'm not the dev,I'm the development manager.
2.I don't write the actual code for the framework,the "devs" do.
3.Me having a signature or whatever doesn't change the fact how actively we're trying to work to the best of our abilities.
4.Did you even see our marketing and promotion campaigns ? They're much effective.
5.Had we planned to scam the money out of this project,I wouldn't carry a signature to make 0.0 per week and put it for advertising ASC.
6.People like you will never appreciate anything.You just love to Open the Altcoin board and spam with "scam project" all over,just to get paid for your signature.
7.I bet you don't have a clue what this project is,what an Altcoin is, or how even bitcoin works to be honest.Stop demotivating people if you don't intend to constructively criticize them.
8.I would be glad to answer all your technical questions on the project either inbox or our slack channel.Matter of fact,please learn the decentralized network basics before hitting me on the chat.
BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:44:50 PM

Any IPO saying to the moon, I am worried about. This is already a crowded space people using other libraries to create a new project. If you guy where serious in this space you would make the coin minable and take percentage  of the mining like z cash for a time period to raise funds. Too many IPO collect funds and control the IPO and then ignore the investor once they have the money, and then we see late timelines..

Hey man, I'm Ascendany's graphics designer. Look, I value your opinion as much as everyone else's, but saying "they hired a child to draw for them" is a step too far. This theme was accepted by our team members and therefore used. Im sorry if this theme is not within your likings, I can't please everyone, but I'm just doing my job. Rather than talking crap, try giving constructive feedback in a civil way.

I've done lots of work in the past, with years of experience behind my back, working for many other cryptocurencies and local clients. One of my most recent work was completed a few days ago, I can't disclose who it was for but I will show the files. Here is the sketch phase of the logo: https://imgur.com/gallery/O2YUH Here Is the final result: https://imgur.com/gallery/wLLAE If, for any reason you don't believe I made these logos, which I'm assuming you will say, then I will make any change you want to the design and re-upload it, this way your doubts will be obsolete. Do all the back-tracking of the image, you won't get anywhere either, this logo is made from scratch no templates used.

Now I don't want to list all my work, or look like a show off, but if this is what it takes then I'm up for it.

Next time, choose your words wisely. Talking crap about people ("they hired a child") without knowing their personal lives and past career work really makes you look like an idiot when proved wrong.

Yours Sincerely,
Superwoot224,
Ascendancy Graphics Deisgner,
 Wink
rubiprojects

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:48:04 PM

Hey man, I'm Ascendany's graphics designer. Look, I value your opinion as much as everyone else's, but saying "they hired a child to draw for them" is a step too far. This theme was accepted by our team members and therefore used. Im sorry if this theme is not within your likings, I can't please everyone, but I'm just doing my job. Rather than talking crap, try giving constructive feedback in a civil way.

I've done lots of work in the past, with years of experience behind my back, working for many other cryptocurencies and local clients. One of my most recent work was completed a few days ago, I can't disclose who it was for but I will show the files. Here is the sketch phase of the logo: https://imgur.com/gallery/O2YUH Here Is the final result: https://imgur.com/gallery/wLLAE If, for any reason you don't believe I made these logos, which I'm assuming you will say, then I will make any change you want to the design and re-upload it, this way your doubts will be obsolete. Do all the back-tracking of the image, you won't get anywhere either, this logo is made from scratch no templates used.

Now I don't want to list all my work, or look like a show off, but if this is what it takes then I'm up for it.

Next time, choose your words wisely. Talking crap about people ("they hired a child") without knowing their personal lives and past career work really makes you look like an idiot when proved wrong.

Yours Sincerely,
Superwoot224,
 Wink

Haha, just be yourself, my bro, different people like different styles of graphic designs, I like your design very much, because the catoon makes the graphs vivid, maybe he doesn't like it, but it doesn't mean other people don't like the style.
BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Yours Sincerely,
Superwoot224,
 Wink

Haha, just be yourself, my bro, different people like different styles of graphic designs, I like your design very much, because the catoon makes the graphs vivid, maybe he doesn't like it, but it doesn't mean other people don't like the style.

Yeah dude, I fully agree with you, thats why I mentioned "Im sorry if this theme is not within your likings, I can't please everyone, but I'm just doing my job." It is what it is, I'm sorry if he doesn't like the theme, I'm fine with that, it's normal, I'm not the attacking sorta dude in general, but his post was a tad too far, I'm not asking for any apologies etc, and I would have been more than happy to receive constructive feedback, but his claims of "hiring a child" for the graphics work wasn't very nice to say the least.
axllht

Activity: 314

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:43:32 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2017, 02:56:29 PM by axllht

Graphic is nice looking, proffesional and sharp, which software did you use to create it?

but people has a right, if you want earn +480 btc from IPO you should tell ppl more technical, proffesional prepared details about roadmap, platform, network, security, amazing features etc + proofs that is real to do in specified time.
There should be prepared massive technological, marketing and developing report before the IPO start.

my humble advice, no offense
btw, I still believe that IPO can be successful

magpr
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:27:27 PM

Yours Sincerely,
Superwoot224,
 Wink

Yeah dude, I fully agree with you, thats why I mentioned "Im sorry if this theme is not within your likings, I can't please everyone, but I'm just doing my job." It is what it is, I'm sorry if he doesn't like the theme, I'm fine with that, it's normal, I'm not the attacking sorta dude in general, but his post was a tad too far, I'm not asking for any apologies etc, and I would have been more than happy to receive constructive feedback, but his claims of "hiring a child" for the graphics work wasn't very nice to say the least.

I like your graphic design for Ascendancy, it stands out from the large number of repetitive and non-professional design solutions in other projects. I think you know perfectly well that creating a design, unlike the many projects around you can get a some negative reviews. Do not pay attention to them. Do your job with enthusiasm!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: