Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:06:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ascendancy IPO Turned Into a Scam - Investigation in progress  (Read 38312 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 10:49:34 PM

Ok, i see. I will wait and provide the needed info as soon as re-sends to investors begin.

Can we pin 'what to do guides' for both escrowed and snatched investments at the first post?
Yes, I'm working on everything. One of the thieves has contacted me; they are very sorry and have already apologized to me:
  • The damage is nowhere near as suspected; it looks like the data on the website was faked (less than 8 BTC was stolen; our Google Form does confirm this story so far as < 5 BTC was reported).
  • "Andrew Penn" has paid back ~4.3 BTC to the escrow address (https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/5be2f935373fc19789199622a4792668c20a05f6705d7663df3a387851b43ccb) and another ~3.2 BTC + funds for campaigns is due (taken by "Richard").
  • It is not exactly known who Richard is at this time, and it looks like he suckered in this young individual into an "easy money scheme".

We are trying to figure out everything and calculate repayment options. In the most optimal scenario, investors should expect a maximum of ~3-4% loss rate at (escrow fees as per agreement, TX fees and/or other cost). Worst case scenario estimate (if the first point is is true) right now is a loss of ~25% per investment.  

This situation can be solved as I had previously anticipated. People tend to make mistakes. Please do not file any reports, and remain patient.
Please submit the Google Form if you have been scammed / invested on Friday (after 8 AM GMT): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfGaaai3TRKnag0G8jvG_9qmJnLkMFsx2yHPTTJpvDp1ZYXOg/viewform?c=0&w=1

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:03:44 PM

Ok, i see. I will wait and provide the needed info as soon as re-sends to investors begin.

Can we pin 'what to do guides' for both escrowed and snatched investments at the first post?
Yes, I'm working on everything. One of the thieves has contacted me; they are very sorry and have already apologized to me:
  • The damage is nowhere near as suspected; it looks like the data on the website was faked (less than 8 BTC was stolen; our Google Form does confirm this story so far as < 5 BTC was reported).
  • "Andrew Penn" has paid back ~4.3 BTC to the escrow address (https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/5be2f935373fc19789199622a4792668c20a05f6705d7663df3a387851b43ccb) and another ~3.2 BTC + funds for campaigns is due (taken by "Richard").
  • It is not exactly known who Richard is at this time, and it looks like he suckered in this young individual into an "easy money scheme".

We are trying to figure out everything and calculate repayment options. In the most optimal scenario, investors should expect a maximum of ~3-4% loss rate at (escrow fees as per agreement, TX fees and/or other cost). Worst case scenario estimate (if the first point is is true) right now is a loss of ~25% per investment.  

This situation can be solved as I had previously anticipated. People tend to make mistakes. Please do not file any reports, and remain patient.
Please submit the Google Form if you have been scammed / invested on Friday (after 8 AM GMT): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfGaaai3TRKnag0G8jvG_9qmJnLkMFsx2yHPTTJpvDp1ZYXOg/viewform?c=0&w=1

May I suggest that those who acted as escrow agents waive the fee(s)? It'll make their brands more viable via not profiting off this unfortunate episode.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 11:08:08 PM

May I suggest that those who acted as escrow agents waive the fee(s)? It'll make their brands more viable via not profiting off this unfortunate episode.
Well, there is a lot of accounting work ahead of us (calculating everything and paying back isn't going to be easy). However, that is already being considered. This is just a "preliminary statement" so that people calm down and stop spamming this thread with nonsense. People should be both thankful and relaxed, considering that we have potentially moved down from a loss rate of ~92.5% (technically 50% in reality if the <10 BTC claim is true) to a maximum of ~25%.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:16:48 PM

WTF!  God saved me from this.. Smiley

Thanks, Andrew kicked me out of the team as a designer earlier, and preferred to be in that alien stuff which took them so long to prepare..lol.. And thanks God I quitted from the offer of Sparkit and they kicked me out from slack while they insulted my designs, it must be a total waste of time, cant imagine it.

This must be a good lesson from all investors. Sad

Hey dude. Choose your words wisely. "while they insulted my designs", I am 100% sure I never insulted your designs nor will I ever. I respect everyone's work to its fullest extent, please choose your words wisely. "They" in this case is the whole team, but that can't be true since I never insulted you nor did I even get the chance to talk to you.

But nevertheless ya dude this scam is another eye opener. Don't ever work with IPO or ICO's if their identity is not revealed,  and even if it is, knowing them in real life helps, not just over the net. It sure was a waste of time, 1 month of work for nothing, but again it's not just about little problems such as team members not getting paid but rather the investors who lost some of their own money and scsmmers who decide to run away with a few Bitcoins, risking their lives, reputation and career.
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:22:07 PM

WTF!  God saved me from this.. Smiley

Thanks, Andrew kicked me out of the team as a designer earlier, and preferred to be in that alien stuff which took them so long to prepare..lol.. And thanks God I quitted from the offer of Sparkit and they kicked me out from slack while they insulted my designs, it must be a total waste of time, cant imagine it.

Hey dude. Choose your words wisely. "while they insulted my designs", I am 100% sure I never insulted your designs nor will I ever. I respect everyone's work to its fullest extent, please choose your words wisely. "They" in this case is the whole team, but that can't be true since I never insulted you nor did I even get the chance to talk to you.

I apologize for insulting your design and being a dick about it.
BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:28:31 PM

WTF!  God saved me from this.. Smiley

I apologize for insulting your design and being a dick about it.

Thanks for that apology dude, all good now. I hope this case gets resolved ASAP.  It really sickens me to think about the greed and dishonesty around us. People like "Andrew Penn" are the sorta ones that wreck shit over a few bitcoins, who in their right mind puts their whole fucking life at risk for a few thousand dollars, fucking idiots is all I have to say really. Btw if you guys were scammed remember to submit your tx etc in the Google Form, also don't lie or else you'll get tainted with negative feedback.

Thanks,
fikihafana

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:29:16 PM

scam again, almost ico coin is scam. Ascendancy use escrow service right?

god save me from this shitt
cyrixcer

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:44:00 PM

Report the police, his university and company will suspend and fire him, you know fraud and scam is a serious criminal, it is felony in every country, police will catch him. His ass will be dangerous in prison.  Angry Angry
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 11:46:11 PM

Stop spamming for your campaign and read the thread.

Report the police, his university and company will suspend and fire him, you know fraud and scam is a serious criminal, it is felony in every country, police will catch him. His ass will be dangerous in prison.  Angry Angry
No. Stop spamming with bullshit. Read my previous post.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
axllht

Activity: 314

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:01:32 AM

Stop spamming for your campaign and read the thread.

Report the police, his university and company will suspend and fire him, you know fraud and scam is a serious criminal, it is felony in every country, police will catch him. His ass will be dangerous in prison.  Angry Angry
No. Stop spamming with bullshit. Read my previous post.

It's not spamming.

btw: I didn't buy ascendencycoin I was waiting for good whitepaper...

next time guys search for information everywhere and feel free to put that information into coin thread for all, before a scam, because threads are used for it.
Are you afraid that people will look askance at you. fuck it.

PikachuYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Me is Cute

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:09:18 AM

so....they did not get 75 BTC and faked that data and were trying to run away with just 7 BTC?

who the fuck would risk their whole bloody life for 7 BTC?

that's a special kind of stupid......
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:05:41 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 03:08:53 AM by [ProTrader]

Runaway Train again!

Not ICO but IPO. lol
Not a COIN but a FRAME UP, sorry its framework i mean.. lol.

All coming ICOs must be banned and not be supported next time. I wonder if theres still people will invest again into this kind of program. Indeed, escrows still not guarantee credibility of the project. We cant deny people only invest into project with trusted escrows. But everything is just financial interest without further research of the said coin and people behind it. Anonymity  is never an excuse these days while other devs taking advantage of it!

Btctalk must have standard, that the whole team and escrows must take responsibility incase project will turn to scam next time. They are one big element for people still fall into this. Just an opinion!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:42:12 AM

Somebody's deleting posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479475.msg14972860#msg14972860 (close to 500 now gone)
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:01:13 AM

Well, there is a lot of accounting work ahead of us (calculating everything and paying back isn't going to be easy). However, that is already being considered. This is just a "preliminary statement" so that people calm down and stop spamming this thread with nonsense. People should be both thankful and relaxed, considering that we have potentially moved down from a loss rate of ~92.5% (technically 50% in reality if the <10 BTC claim is true) to a maximum of ~25%.

You are telling about that Escrow are considering about waiving the escrow fees but why should they charge escrow fees when they are also properly held as a associate to this scam because who ever invested in this IPO is mostly after seeing the escrow persons involved in this, it looked so much legit but now we are seeing that even with you all are being the escrow persons this scam happened why because due to you forget the first rule of escrow is to get the funds directly to the escrow address from the investors and not to be get from the IPO runners.

But i am really happy to know that you all are working hard to get back the invested bitcoins, but still their are so many loop holes to be cleared so that next time this type of scam should not be happened.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:07:08 AM

You are telling about that Escrow are considering about waiving the escrow fees but why should they charge escrow fees when they are also properly held as a associate to this scam because who ever invested in this IPO is mostly after seeing the escrow persons involved in this, it looked so much legit but now we are seeing that even with you all are being the escrow persons this scam happened why because due to you forget the first rule of escrow is to get the funds directly to the escrow address from the investors and not to be get from the IPO runners.

But i am really happy to know that you all are working hard to get back the invested bitcoins, but still their are so many loop holes to be cleared so that next time this type of scam should not be happened.

I might as well quote your reply in re escrows, albeit any other priorly echoing the expressed sentiment would've sufficed.

I'll soon be reintroducing YuTü.Ço.in seeking ICO funding, strongly toying with having in place a trusted escrow agent acting as an intermediary doling out funds on an as-needed basis during the nascent stage of the endeavor, thus insuring initial investors-cum-users' investments.

Said agent will only deduct the agreed-upon prevailing fee percentage to their coffer per each requested quasi-certified transaction oppose to during distribution of the entire fund on account on demand to the venture's control. I envision more than one funding round employing the same practice, with subsequent round requests not put forth till previous rounds met scrutiny.

Yes, I'm versed that such a process outlined above is readily available via other platforms, but opting to forego their use in accomplishing the same feat less formally on the Bitcointalk forum since here ICOs are all the rage. I feel that such an approach is morer betterer then what has been demonstrated to date, if you get my drift.

Apologies for this post being self-serving, but ... ah, fuck it! I'm not apologizing. I'll just pretend that I earned the privilege due to my participation in this thread.  Tongue Tongue Tongue That said, any escrow dudes reading this wanna be my money dude? PM me if so, but please be aware that you'll be vetted (that's a twist) during the consideration process.

Bruno

PS: Thank you, Michael Adair, for doing what's right. Hit me up once this episode clears up if you want to bring some of your skillsets to my venture's table, e.g. web design, whereupon you'll be paid accordingly for your services [unless Ivan and I make a run for it to the Costa Rican border to retire among the peleides blue morphos a stone's throw from the former Laissez Faire City].
malcovixeffect

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:11:24 AM

So, money returned? This fuckers should pay gleb for making miracles.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:40:44 AM

So, money returned? This fuckers should pay gleb for making miracles.

I don't seek, nor will accept compensation.
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:56:02 AM

I hope this isn't a repeat:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732589.msg17739150#msg17739150
malcovixeffect

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:10:53 AM

IMO, its a scam since i saw them announcing it. Anon devs and LMAO respectonomy wtf..

Money-> scammers -> escrow hahahah!
jujugoboom

Activity: 383

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 07:18:23 AM

IMO, its a scam since i saw them announcing it. Anon devs and LMAO respectonomy wtf..

Money-> scammers -> escrow hahahah!

It looks similar name(non-sense long name), and they use escrows too, one more point, their ico terms look similar, I wish this is not the repeat of ascendancy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: