Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom RAM Timings for GPU's with GDDR5 - DOWNLOAD LINKS - UPDATED  (Read 155459 times)
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:30:54 AM

It is even more fun playing with HBM.  Just look at the 100 strap and compare it to the 400,500,600 straps and it looks like it would be easy.  Well it is not but it is fun to play with regardless.

Well, there is only one variant of timings table for HBM compared to >100 variants of timings table for GDDR5.
Not much data to do science here.

1 Variant of what? I think I missed something. Wink

I see your point, but that is exactly why there is MORE science.  I do not use the hundreds of GDDR5 timings to write my straps because I do not want to Reinvent The Wheel.  I am looking to make new straps that accomplish something better than the originals.

Take The Stilts timings, the impact his timings had on mining are unprecedented and they were not based on other straps, they were from his own testing.  I think he said it took him 2+ weeks to write 1 strap

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niko2004x

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:46:05 AM

It is even more fun playing with HBM.  Just look at the 100 strap and compare it to the 400,500,600 straps and it looks like it would be easy.  Well it is not but it is fun to play with regardless.

Well, there is only one variant of timings table for HBM compared to >100 variants of timings table for GDDR5.

I see your point, but that is exactly why there is MORE science.  I do not use the hundreds of GDDR5 timings to write my straps because I do not want to Reinvent The Wheel.  I am looking to make new straps that accomplish something better than the originals.

And I did use hundreds of GDDR5 timings strings to statistically discover layout of registers and their parts.

Take The Stilts timings, the impact his timings had on mining are unprecedented and they were not based on other straps, they were from his own testing.  I think he said it took him 2+ weeks to write 1 strap

I am not exactly sure about Stilt work.
As I stated before (there are some post of mine in this thread) there are some vendors timings which differs from Stilt ones only by few values.
Out of historic context it is hard to tell who copied who.
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:51:09 AM

And I did use hundreds of GDDR5 timings strings to statistically discover layout of registers and their parts.

I am not exactly sure about Stilt work.
As I stated before (there are some post of mine in this thread) there are some vendors timings which differs from Stilt ones only by few values.
Out of historic context it is hard to tell who copied who.

WOW - thats a bold statement -- I would suggest doing a little more research before making wild statements like that, The Stilt is a well known and respected guy in the AMD world.   Huh

In regards to the other comments, welcome to the club, several of us (myself, wolf0 etc) have put in countless hours

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
niko2004x

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:58:31 AM

WOW - thats a bold statement -- I would suggest doing a little more research before making wild statements like that, The Stilt is a well known and respected guy in the AMD world.   Huh

In regards to the other comments, welcome to the club, several of us (myself, wolf0 etc) have put in countless hours

Respect is irrelevant.
I said 'Out of historic context it is hard to tell who copied who.'
It is not bold, it just states that either vendors used Stilt work or other way around.
Who done it is irrelevant (at least for me), changed values are not.
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:05:39 AM

Respect is irrelevant.
It is not bold, it just states what either vendors used Stilt work or other way around.

Respect maybe irrelevant to you but not to me.  I respect those that put in the work.

Ultimately what matters on this forum is if the work yields a result.  I am hitting 530+ mining ZEC with a Fury X and a modified BIOS way under stock voltages.  There isn't a GDDR5 based card that can touch the numbers HBM cards can put up.  Obviously it isn't only the HBM but it certainly doesn't hurt

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 06:38:52 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 07:22:34 AM by Eliovp

Respect is irrelevant.
It is not bold, it just states what either vendors used Stilt work or other way around.

Respect maybe irrelevant to you but not to me.  I respect those that put in the work.

Ultimately what matters on this forum is if the work yields a result.  I am hitting 530+ mining ZEC with a Fury X and a modified BIOS way under stock voltages.  There isn't a GDDR5 based card that can touch the numbers HBM cards can put up.  Obviously it isn't only the HBM but it certainly doesn't hurt

Yeah lol, now that a lot is out of the box, this thread is back to being super active..
Funny how "certain" people come back to live when free things are given out...

It's one thing to have the tools, it's another thing to know what you're doing... (where are them mode registers  Wink)

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:43:22 AM

You should be kind and considerate and thankful that people are working hard to document and unlock how all this works - knowledge should be shared, and distributed freely. This kind of optimization isn't just valuable to mining; it's valuable to a lot of operations (including scientific research, which requires a lot of compute power, and benefits quite heavily from this kind of optimization).

Respect.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2093
Merit: 1396

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:03:15 AM

Respect is irrelevant.
It is not bold, it just states that either vendors used Stilt work or other way around.

Do you really think the big AMD vendors don't have access to AMDs proprietary in-house BIOS dev tools, and need to copy straps from some guy on forums? (FYI the Stilt had/has access to the same tools).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
laik2

Activity: 652
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 07:08:38 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 07:23:08 AM by laik2

So my first try at a custom strap didn't work (GPU crashed almost immediately when mining ETH).
custom 1900: 1500RAS, 1625CAS, MISC2, & ARB
777000000000000022CC1C00AD515A3ED0570F15B98CA50A004AE7001C0714207A8900A00300000 01B11353F922A3217

A straight copy of the 1625 strap to 2000 works fine, while the 1500 strap gave errors even at 1900.  I tried taking the 1900 strap, RAS from the 1500, and CAS, MISC2 & ARB2 from the 1625 strap and using it for the 2000 strap.

My friend, you have a lot to learn...I was like u...a few weeks ago, then I read all the documentation regarding GDDR5 and with a little help(well...not so little) I managed to understand what actually those timings do Smiley
Keep up the good work by the way!
EDIT: I am also very keen to understand HBM/2 timings, if anyone has some knowledge on those(I already know the mode registers) any help via PM is highly appreciated!

Miners Mining Platform [ MMP OS ] - https://app.mmpos.eu/
niko2004x

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:24:40 AM

Do you really think the big AMD vendors don't have access to AMDs proprietary in-house BIOS dev tools, and need to copy straps from some guy on forums? (FYI the Stilt had/has access to the same tools).

And with tools you also need brains to use it.
I do not exclude such possibility.
Given that there are some stock bioses which copy timings to higher straps and
that Stilt said vendors do lazy optimization job.
Of cause it may be because vendors and Stilt both had access to good stuff.

I am to lazy to do digging and will not put money on either case.
For the sake of optimization it is irrelevant 'who changed after who', only changed values is relevant.
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:41:06 AM

For the sake of optimization it is irrelevant 'who changed after who', only changed values is relevant.

ok, you win.  Now back on track.  You seem to have it all figured out, care to share some results of your mods?  I would love to see what you have accomplished.

OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 07:57:19 AM

ok, you win.  Now back on track.  You seem to have it all figured out, care to share some results of your mods?  I would love to see what you have accomplished.

I, too, would like to see some screenshots.

On the note of AMD:

You'd be surprised what big companies borrow from the community. Stilt did indeed have access to these tools; but that doesn't mean his work and his contribution to the community wasn't just as important. He opened up the door and made video game developers, miners, rendering farms, scientific communities etc. that were just starting, and didn't necessarily have the right contacts, that editing a VBIOS was a possibility.
He will always have my respect for that.

AMD did not have the ability to disable ROPs. This is something Stilt figured out on his own, and that's not something that's easy to find.
niko2004x

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

ok, you win.

In this case winning was irrelevant (aka "whocares"). Just explaining my thought process.

Now back on track.  You seem to have it all figured out, care to share some results of your mods?  I would love to see what you have accomplished.

Nope. Optimization is the hard part here.
With proper tools knowing exact result which can be achieved simplifies things a lot.
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 08:18:39 AM

Guess what, i know almost nothing about CAS, ARB, MISC, but by trial & error method i managed to get a pretty good strap Smiley
Looks like its time to learn some shit, and understand what am i really doing when changing hex values LOL

Thank you ohgod people for sharing the knowledge Smiley

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:54:37 AM

ok, you win.

In this case winning was irrelevant (aka "whocares"). Just explaining my thought process.

Now back on track.  You seem to have it all figured out, care to share some results of your mods?  I would love to see what you have accomplished.

Nope. Optimization is the hard part here.
With proper tools knowing exact result which can be achieved simplifies things a lot.

ok

OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 09:18:15 AM

Guess what, i know almost nothing about CAS, ARB, MISC, but by trial & error method i managed to get a pretty good strap Smiley
Looks like its time to learn some shit, and understand what am i really doing when changing hex values LOL

I'll prepare documentation this weekend to go along with all of this, that makes it clear what you're doing when you change stuff; and what each value is used for. You're very welcome. This stuff shouldn't be kept hidden - the straps are the important things, and people will still pay handsomely for straps.
Zorg33

Activity: 144
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:45:00 AM

...finally getting interesting... Smiley

somebody might share Hynix AJR and Sam datasheet perhaps..?

I wonder how the optimized custom timings are related to the given minimal values in the official datasheet?
I mean how loose are the official values, are there even room for improvement below them, or custom straps simply are adjusted to the recommended official values...?

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

...finally getting interesting... Smiley

somebody might share Hynix AJR and Sam datasheet perhaps..?

I wonder how the optimized custom timings are related to the given minimal values in the official datasheet?
I mean how loose are the official values, are there even room for improvement below them, or custom straps simply are adjusted to the recommended official values...?

You can find one of the applicable Hynix datasheets online, Samsung I haven't seen posted anywhere

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
doktor83

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:46:19 AM

I'll prepare documentation this weekend to go along with all of this, that makes it clear what you're doing when you change stuff; and what each value is used for. You're very welcome. This stuff shouldn't be kept hidden - the straps are the important things, and people will still pay handsomely for straps.

You are very generous, thank you Smiley

doktor83

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 12:34:42 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 01:12:58 PM by doktor83

The decoder tool for windows :

https://mega.nz/#!aJAkwAxK!74I_6-f628CKIVl2TZBNrjAoujgSrKOgdnsnlwlKS_w

Checksum fixer :

https://mega.nz/#!zIwVXL4B!IUQOXRqWDw6L15rvN5gBgBN0hxc6ncQu5YcnG41m90g

Tool :

https://mega.nz/#!rRoDRbwS!uVNOiinCHwFZHsjtwb5JmQNsFg20hyqEdPp5msH4QS0

Thank you OhGods Smiley

Donations : 1buttzjpRmejg9iaZam8S9ugkkcP5dgbC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: