Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin can ruin a Country?  (Read 28285 times)
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:19:56 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 02:06:15 PM by iram1011

Well, i just thought, if bitcoin become a currency of one Country, maybe it can destroy that country? Think of it, Bitcoins do not have a tax, and tax are used by the government to make that country a good one, without tax, what will be used to spend and make that country a good one?

What do you think?
Bitcoin as a currency of a country phasing out cash isn't practical at all. Bitcoin as a majority act as an investment rather than a currency.

There are so many reason for Bitcoin being impractical as nation currency. But here I like to mention one. Bitcoin has high volatility rate and thus is not suitable for a country economy to attract investments it needs. A stable currency value is the key to investment because those who invest are expecting a stream of future earnings to earn back their investment plus some profit. Instability in currency values mean that an investor cannot accurately predict the value of those future earnings. This uncertainty makes investments less valuable; thus, less investment happens.
HenryRoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:18:59 PM

Well, i just thought, if bitcoin become a currency of one Country, maybe it can destroy that country? Think of it, Bitcoins do not have a tax, and tax are used by the government to make that country a good one, without tax, what will be used to spend and make that country a good one?

What do you think?

This will lead people to wealth rather than having to pay to the president and the army, it will help the whole world get rid of war and weapons. I consider taxes only as a means of managing people.
eSportsCoins

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Gamerbits -- Limited $900k ICO -- gbits.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:54:58 PM

I do not think that Bitcoin has become large enough to crash any country's fiat reserve yet.

But soon! And when certain 3rd world countries get wired for internet, then it can have potential to do so there!

Gamerbits Limited $900k ICO Asian eSports GBITS.IO
onyok

Activity: 120

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:43:36 AM

What do you think?
bitcoin is not going to ruin a country, bitcoin is providing opportunities to its people for investment and trading, so bitcoin can be a good tool to increase the status of a country economically. i think if government take  serious step about bitcoin and regularize  then they can also impose tax on it and will certainly collect good tax from  bitcoin.

i think bitcoin cannot ruin the country as long as they become the part of growing the economy of a country also as long as they can help the people..
and i believe it can only ruin the country if the traders or investors abuse the value of bitcoin.

Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:49:45 AM

What do you think?

This will lead people to wealth rather than having to pay to the president and the army, it will help the whole world get rid of war and weapons. I consider taxes only as a means of managing people.

Imagine how much money a country spends in a war that they collected from taxes. It's so funny to think that their citizens work hard to contribute taxes and then their foolish government will just use it in a war. And another thing, do people really think all the taxes go to good projects? The answer is NO. Bitcoin will not ruin a country but the other way around.
raindeer777

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:12:32 PM

people can exchange bitcoin to fial currency....... and gov can apply tax on it .......
 near future bitcoin can become a good medium of exchange worldwide.......
kilobytez

Activity: 101

What's Quirky In Life?

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:55:16 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency for everyone and those government / politician have no place to control it. That is why it is called decentralize. Ruining a country wise, yes but not within this decade. Maybe the year 2050 you can see fiat disappearing from the surface of earth.

░░░░░ Join Bitcoin Asia Network (BAN): https://goo.gl/LCCvy4 ░░░░░
 ░░░░░ COSS Token [Exchange] : https://goo.gl/uTFWbp  ░░░░░ Tips : 0xC8A0eF18f18F19d59CF5603f1777c181BE67205D ░░░░░
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:58:36 PM

Well the only time I am seeing Bitcoin ruining a country is when they make Bitcoin the only currency of their country. By doing so that country's government won't have full control of the money which means other people even the foreigners can take advantage of, also you are right about mentioning the taxes by making it an official currency it would be easier to evade taxes as it safe, secure, and has anonymity feature it might as well be the downfall of the country.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
alfator

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:54:32 PM

Does not agree with this statement. Bitcoin does not destroy the country, on the contrary, it gives great opportunities both for business and for the economy.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:52:15 PM

What do you think?
Bitcoin as a currency of a country phasing out cash isn't practical at all. Bitcoin as a majority act as an investment rather than a currency.

There are so many reason for Bitcoin being impractical as nation currency. But here I like to mention one. Bitcoin has high volatility rate and thus is not suitable for a country economy to attract investments it needs. A stable currency value is the key to investment because those who invest are expecting a stream of future earnings to earn back their investment plus some profit. Instability in currency values mean that an investor cannot accurately predict the value of those future earnings. This uncertainty makes investments less valuable; thus, less investment happens.

I agree with this because it would be unrealistic for a country to adopt Bitcoin as its national currency.

I had the same thoughts on how Bitcoin may affect a country's economy. With less people willing to invest in the country and having less investments, this would optimally destroy the economy of a country. The economy of a country relies on the gross domestic product it has in a year, and having less investments would then disrupt the GDP. The exchange value of the currency of a country highly affects its economy thus with Bitcoin's unstable price rate, it could lead to a poor economy.
shohelalam

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 03:13:31 PM

Just One Word No.

Bitcoin can not ruin a country because bitcoin improve there business, economic.Many of people of many country are going to milliners to holding bitcoin.

so many people earn by bitcoin business and so many jobless people earn money form here.

So I think bitcoin can not ruin a country but it can be improve a country economical condition.

Thank You.   
didik12

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:46:48 PM

What do you think?
I think bitcoin cant ruin country because bitcoins gives people profit and benefits and providing people opportunities for trading and investing, so bitcoin it is the way to increase the status of country. it is ruin country if abusing the value of bitcoin through the traders and investors of BTC.

qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:34:37 PM

What do you think?

I agree with this because it would be unrealistic for a country to adopt Bitcoin as its national currency.

I had the same thoughts on how Bitcoin may affect a country's economy. With less people willing to invest in the country and having less investments, this would optimally destroy the economy of a country. The economy of a country relies on the gross domestic product it has in a year, and having less investments would then disrupt the GDP. The exchange value of the currency of a country highly affects its economy thus with Bitcoin's unstable price rate, it could lead to a poor economy.

I highly disagree with bitcoin being a downfall for the economy of one's country. Yes, it may be highly decentralized which results in volatility and inconsistency on its prices but the opportunities it opens to the everyone regardless of their social economic status may provide them enough earnings to sustain their expenses. The problem only lies on its nature being on the internet which hinders the marginalized sectors into accessing the database since of their incapacities.

Again, bitcoin alone CANNOT destroy the economy of a country but in fact, help the government because this increases the money supply in the market (if btc is converted to fiat) thus making it liquid. We can also compare this to overseas workers that the money they earn helps the economy of their home country by increasing the money supply in the country.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

What do you think?
I think it depends on the country who will implement bitcoin as its currency since there are some country who totally rely at taxes of people to fund everything and there's also countries which is tax free, a great example is Bahamas. Bitcoin is never developed to ruin or destroy a country rather, its developer created it with the intention of improving the world.

Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:44:09 PM

I strongly doubt it. Rather, Bitcoin's technology also provides a great possibility to automate an insane amount of processes including taxation. I truly believe that Bitcoin or digital currencies in general will improve the world for sure.
Jhaaaycastle

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:48:21 PM

Bitcoin cannot ruin our country because it's not all about money but it is all about on how you interact for being a good citizen of one's country. Criticizing one topic doesn't mean you are activist but it is symbolize that you love for your own country.
abilarde

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:41:12 AM

I think no, Bitcoin is a bitcoin it is not ruin the country. If we think that the Bitcoin ruin the country because don't have taxes its no! .in other hand it gives an opportunity to improve the economy and trading as well.
Zianingbu

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:14:32 PM

Oh yeah definitely! maybe a country with more than 50M population, in that way their currency becomes more valuable than diamond.
Not to mention the lack of liquidity will be their demise if not lack of taxation.

bitcoin thus will not ruin a country. because of the bitcoin provides an opportunity to the world for investment,. so the bitcoin became a good tool.
If the Government is serious about the bitcoin will act, then they can also treat the tax on it. will surely collect taxes either bitcoin Smiley
Jmmerquita

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:40:21 PM

it depends on how they will use BITCOIN. Maybe politicians can hide their possible assets to bitcoin. Maybe people will use bitcoin as a leverage to scam other people which is happening everywhere in the social media. For me it's not the BITCOIN can ruin the country but it's the people who is doing crazy things about this currency.
syarifudin

Activity: 397
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:13:24 AM

If some people use bitcoin as a very profitable business asset in all its activities, but certainly there are those who use bitcoin for crimes such as for money laundering of corruption and the financing of this terrorist activity which became negative rumors about bitcoin, whereas bitcoin has a function that Both for the economy of its users and able to help reduce unemployment that is currently soaring dramatically, because of how difficult the real work facilities available.and bitcoin to be a lifesaver for those who do not have a decent income so as to finance their needs by using bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: