Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:23:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Doubloons[BOAT]⚓⚓PoW/PoS⚓⚓HMQ1725⚓⚓NEW SITE!!⚓CPU Pillaging!!⚓YAARR!!⚓  (Read 117601 times)
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:38:36 AM

So, I have only 14,849 coins, and they are in one block of 6K, and five blocks of 13K to 16K, and two smaller blocks.  What do you think I should do to get maximum stakes?  

Hello there! You can use coin control feature from the wallet. Activate it under Setings->Options->Display Tab. Then go to Send Coins, click on Imputs, check all and send your coins to yourself. (copy your wallet address and send the coins there). The wallet will show only the tx fee and the remark "payment to yourself". Cheers, kiddo!
prowe

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:40:45 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 11:57:31 AM by prowe

I'd like to know why the developer, who also has plenty of money from RAIN, won't bother to get this listed elsewhere. I'm not going to fund exchanges for this coin knowing he has deep pockets from his other project. At this point I'm starting to feel like BOAT is just an afterthought.

Well Boat was the devs first project and RAIN came afterwards, I think the dev wasn't expecting RAIN to take off like it did and now RAIN most likely takes up all of his time. I do like to see Boat listed on Cryptopia and yes the dev should have the funds to at least get Boat listed on more exchanges because there was a huge pre-mine which now should cover the costs for listing on other exchanges.

I read a lot of speculations about a 'pre-mine', I can be clear about this. A pre-mine doesn't have to mean anything yet until you sell it. And if you analyse the sellings of BOAT lately, the last weeks and the amount being mined then it seems plausible that the largest percentage could be sold by them, the miners.

So the assumption that the dev must have enough funds to pay for example for Cryptopia, where the entrance fee is currently 7.5+ BTC BTC - $34.800 that is perhaps not even correct...

The new website is basically finalized and I'm waiting for an update and confirmation of the dev.  Cool

When the website URL+block explorer is updated at Coinmarketcap I'm starting a promo campaign to boost attention and let the market cap grow steadily in the upcoming months.

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 01:34:23 PM

So, I have only 14,849 coins, and they are in one block of 6K, and five blocks of 13K to 16K, and two smaller blocks.  What do you think I should do to get maximum stakes?  

Hello there! You can use coin control feature from the wallet. Activate it under Setings->Options->Display Tab. Then go to Send Coins, click on Imputs, check all and send your coins to yourself. (copy your wallet address and send the coins there). The wallet will show only the tx fee and the remark "payment to yourself". Cheers, kiddo!

Thanks, I know most of that, just wondering about the profitability/odds with changing block size with this coin.  I guess bigger blocksize means better profitability, so having many smaller blocks isn't good?

HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:14:04 AM

What do you think would be the difference as to why this coin still has low value? For those who invested in RAIN, how long did it took for the coin to reach x10 or x20 value? I am curious as to the difference between these coins.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 03:28:47 AM

What do you think would be the difference as to why this coin still has low value? For those who invested in RAIN, how long did it took for the coin to reach x10 or x20 value? I am curious as to the difference between these coins.

RAIN, and some others like Growcoin, Truckcoin, Version, and it looks like Kangeroobits, which is a random staking coin like RAIN, have just high enough POS return to not go down with inflation.   BOAT's percentage is low enough that there isn't much incentive to stake it, and not much marketing work on it either. 

Try to get the word out about POS Wallets so more buy and stake and the price goes up.

kiddo

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:44:05 AM

RAIN, and some others like Growcoin, Truckcoin, Version, and it looks like Kangeroobits, which is a random staking coin like RAIN, have just high enough POS return to not go down with inflation.   BOAT's percentage is low enough that there isn't much incentive to stake it, and not much marketing work on it either. 

Try to get the word out about POS Wallets so more buy and stake and the price goes up.

I totally agree with you @paramind22. Tha's why I always said in here that masternodes for BOAT is a must, because the 5% PoS reward will not motivate many poeple to buy and stake this coin. The price of the coin is too that the 5% PoS ROI to be good enough. Is better to mine it withonly one average GPU card and you are above the stake return.
prowe

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:05:15 PM

Sneak preview of the new Doubloon BOAT website.  Cool

- ESPERS -

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:52:20 PM

Sneak preview of the new Doubloon BOAT website.  Cool

Looks cool! Maybe a treasure chest will add some more value to the picture... just saying.
EDIT: or the golden coin with the anchor logo of the BOAT project on it.
Voxterra

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:50:00 AM

two questions or favors, first for anyone who is successfully staking. Did you have to add anything to the config from the first post to enable staking?

And second question, has anyone here gotten a build of SGMiner to work for AMD cards? I see someone on Yiimp using it, but i cant get mine to produce any shares, or at least display them.

Thanks in advance!
svat

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:38:00 AM

Does anyone know why wallet on coinexchange is offline?  Undecided  Is anything doing to solve it?
Perhaps mr. OBAViJEST will comment..
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:48:18 AM

two questions or favors, first for anyone who is successfully staking. Did you have to add anything to the config from the first post to enable staking?

And second question, has anyone here gotten a build of SGMiner to work for AMD cards? I see someone on Yiimp using it, but i cant get mine to produce any shares, or at least display them.

Thanks in advance!

Hi!
1) You don't have to add anything to the .conf file, just keep you wallet online and "unlocked for stake only".
2) Here you can find SGMiner for HMQ1725 algo: http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/hmq1725-gpu-miner/ (I don't know if this is the latest version of it).
Cheers, gawlea!
prowe

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:43:49 AM

Does anyone know why wallet on coinexchange is offline?  Undecided  Is anything doing to solve it?
Perhaps mr. OBAViJEST will comment..

I spoke them last week about this matter and it will go back online soon, it's due maintenance.

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_BOAT/ is working properly in the meanwhile.  Smiley

hammerhart

Activity: 381
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:04:47 PM

we need some dev activity..price is stagnating:/ hopefully website will be success:)
Voxterra

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:05:30 AM

The AMD miner just hangs on trying to connect and get work. It cranks at full output like its doing work, but no shares are found. Oh well, CPU mining it is!
kiddo

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:52:00 AM

The AMD miner just hangs on trying to connect and get work. It cranks at full output like its doing work, but no shares are found. Oh well, CPU mining it is!

Maybe you AMD miner is bad configured or the drivers are not good for the HMQ1725 algo, maybe you'll need to downgrade driver. Another issue may be that the miner is too old or have bugs, try to find a newer one. CPU mining is working or what did you ment?
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:56:40 PM

Website looks good. Is there any information when this will be released? Maybe we can add some new features on the site too like a marketplace or any social media flick where we can spend Doubloons for good stuff.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:04:34 PM

I'd like to know why the developer, who also has plenty of money from RAIN, won't bother to get this listed elsewhere. I'm not going to fund exchanges for this coin knowing he has deep pockets from his other project. At this point I'm starting to feel like BOAT is just an afterthought.

Well Boat was the devs first project and RAIN came afterwards, I think the dev wasn't expecting RAIN to take off like it did and now RAIN most likely takes up all of his time. I do like to see Boat listed on Cryptopia and yes the dev should have the funds to at least get Boat listed on more exchanges because there was a huge pre-mine which now should cover the costs for listing on other exchanges.

I read a lot of speculations about a 'pre-mine', I can be clear about this. A pre-mine doesn't have to mean anything yet until you sell it. And if you analyse the sellings of BOAT lately, the last weeks and the amount being mined then it seems plausible that the largest percentage could be sold by them, the miners.

So the assumption that the dev must have enough funds to pay for example for Cryptopia, where the entrance fee is currently 7.5+ BTC BTC - $34.800 that is perhaps not even correct...

The new website is basically finalized and I'm waiting for an update and confirmation of the dev.  Cool

When the website URL+block explorer is updated at Coinmarketcap I'm starting a promo campaign to boost attention and let the market cap grow steadily in the upcoming months.

True however when Boat hit its peak not long ago the dev could of sold some of the premine coins and paid to get listed on Cryptopia as back then it was a lot cheaper then it is now. I even posted on here saying this but not sure if the dev did it or not. That is the whole idea of the premine as the dev even states this in the OP. Now it seems that it might be too late with Cryptopia as the listing fee is way too high and in my opinion is too much as the BTC will be better spent trying for Bittrex or other big exchanges. The good thing is Boat is already listed on Coinexchange which is now starting to be a big player in the exchanges as one of the biggest with daily volume, I believe even more then Cryptopia now.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
kiddo

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:45:57 PM

True however when Boat hit its peak not long ago the dev could of sold some of the premine coins and paid to get listed on Cryptopia as back then it was a lot cheaper then it is now. I even posted on here saying this but not sure if the dev did it or not. That is the whole idea of the premine as the dev even states this in the OP. Now it seems that it might be too late with Cryptopia as the listing fee is way too high and in my opinion is too much as the BTC will be better spent trying for Bittrex or other big exchanges. The good thing is Boat is already listed on Coinexchange which is now starting to be a big player in the exchanges as one of the biggest with daily volume, I believe even more then Cryptopia now.

Indeed coinexchange.io is better than cryptopia, also have more daily volume. The problem of BOAT is not the exchanges, 2-3 exchanges are enough. I know few coins like XRB, BIS who didn't have exchanges for months/years. The problem is the lack of vision, involvement and developement of the project. I don't want to fud I'm a miner and a holder of this, but i don't see any activity in here from the dev. No marketing. No new feature. What is the purpose of this coin in the end? Maybe the dev can find some people and start making a team. He is only one guy running 2 projects.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 11:50:24 PM

Indeed coinexchange.io is better than cryptopia, also have more daily volume. The problem of BOAT is not the exchanges, 2-3 exchanges are enough. I know few coins like XRB, BIS who didn't have exchanges for months/years. The problem is the lack of vision, involvement and developement of the project. I don't want to fud I'm a miner and a holder of this, but i don't see any activity in here from the dev. No marketing. No new feature. What is the purpose of this coin in the end? Maybe the dev can find some people and start making a team. He is only one guy running 2 projects.

True mate, this coin does need more features and marketing, actually since I've been in the coin there has been no marketing what so ever and I don't believe this was much even when it was launched. Maybe once the dev starts working on more features then the marketing can start. I created some interest in the coin a while back when I started to promote it on Twitter, I got a few people join the community and even start mining Boat. I haven't been promoting Boat because like you said the dev hasn't been active with the project for a while and people out there want to see an active dev so that is why I'm holding off promoting it at the moment.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
prowe

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:54:20 AM

Pirates!

Can be honest about the current situation, I've created the website (beta 1.0). I am trying to contribute as good as I can.

http://doubloonboat.com

- Created a fund for twitter campaign
- Created a fund for Bitcointalk signature campaign

But I have to wait for a green light of the dev and the namechange probably before I am able to continue promoting, HARRRR!

The 11th of October the dev published this message in the Condensate (RAIN) Slack channel.

"Hello,

Can you please change the name of your project to BOAT or something other than Doubloon? We're getting ready to re-announce Doubloon soon and have multiple whitepapers associated with it.

http://docdro.id/GYEk2YB

As you can see our reddit has been online for 4 years now. We're only waiting your project name change on Bitcointalk and coinmarketcap so that we can reannounce the project.

https://www.reddit.com/r/doubloon/

Thanks
"

The namechange that was requested months ago apparently  is still necessary, personally I don't mind a namechange, it's a matter of being decisive.  Smiley

I am able to put a lot of energy and effort in this project to help the dev. The namechange needs to be implemented first.

The ticker would stay BOAT, I suggested:

- Treasure (BOAT)
- Sail (BOAT)

And others within the community:
- Boat (BOAT) by Ethereuming
- Galleon (BOAT) by Kiddo
- Booty (BOAT) by Blackmint

Perhaps a poll?

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: