Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Doubloons[BOAT]⚓⚓PoW/PoS⚓⚓HMQ1725⚓⚓NEW SITE!!⚓CPU Pillaging!!⚓YAARR!!⚓  (Read 117591 times)
chillbill

Activity: 66
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:56:07 PM

[/quote]

POW ends at Block 750,000, we are now at 506,692

[/quote]

What is going to support the chain when the mining stops?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
STEVLTH

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:19:07 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 11:48:04 PM by STEVLTH

1. Strange!  Undecided Which virus software? Ask the dev btw, the right one is https://mega.nz/#!C0ZATRZL!NJIrOKhFAMKX36NwbAs-kRJc3M-U2d0zZBlN0eGz_eU
 Windows Wallet (Download button) at the current website
2. Yes!
3. No swap, ticker remains BOAT

You are not getting a warning with the mega DL, right?
I use Windows Defender which one integrated in Windows 10.
File on mega.nz looks clean.
zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:39:56 PM

This seems like a fun coin. Is it for all those who love sailing? Wink What'S the idea behind BOAT?
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:20:35 AM

This seems like a fun coin. Is it for all those who love sailing? Wink What'S the idea behind BOAT?

I have the same question as you are. Is just for fun as it seems, I don't see nothing special, nothing new and the dev have no direction. Also he is more dedicated to his other project RAIN, unfortunately. Maybe he can en-light us.
prowe

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:33:43 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 10:35:03 AM by prowe

Some pre-info.

Currently the name is still Doubloon, after some friction last September with another currency the 2013 (DBL - dead coin) a name change was inevitable.

Therefore the name BOAT (Boat) seems the most logical and strategically strong name.

The course of BOAT is depending on the commitment of the community.

No currency is able to to lean on just the dev, at least not successful currencies.

Because of the current size of this community, things have to go step by step.

Some aspects I'm able to fulfill at this moment, while I'm doing the lion's share if it comes to designing, marketing (Twitter),
contacting people for promotion campaigns et cetera and trying to brand the current currency a new shape.

I think the possibilities are enormous with blockchain technology!

And regarding the other project of the dev, well reaching the top is about intrinsic motivation.
If you analyze rain, the pace is slow, whitepaper is very incomplete and the cooperation is far from optimal yet, although there is slight progression.
Earlier this summer it was about reacting while it dips, putting effort in new exchanges (funding) to enlarge volume.
But if there is not the right entrepreneurial spirit on board it won't be able to come off the ground or be able to prevent huge dips.

The problem with a lot of currencies is that devs do not have all the competentions to succeed on their own, far from.
Installing and adjusting an X11 doesn't make you directly a hash engineer or a true blockchain architect or
good in communication. Smiley

To bring it in a certain perspective. I believe in the progress of BOAT and to my opnion you can not let the people
go down who invested their hard work BTCBTC in it.

My point is if we can prevent that people within the community are only following/watching, then we can go the moon and beyond....

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
chillbill

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:25:31 PM

Some pre-info.

Currently the name is still Doubloon, after some friction last September with another currency the 2013 (DBL - dead coin) a name change was inevitable.

Therefore the name BOAT (Boat) seems the most logical and strategically strong name.

No currency is able to to lean on just the dev, at least not successful currencies.

Some aspects I'm able to fulfill at this moment, while I'm doing the lion's share if it comes to designing, marketing (Twitter),
contacting people for promotion campaigns et cetera and trying to brand the current currency a new shape.

And regarding the other project of the dev, well reaching the top is about intrinsic motivation.
If you analyze rain, the pace is slow, whitepaper is very incomplete and the cooperation is far from optimal yet, although there is slight progression.
Earlier this summer it was about reacting while it dips, putting effort in new exchanges (funding) to enlarge volume.
But if there is not the right entrepreneurial spirit on board it won't be able to come off the ground or be able to prevent huge dips.

The problem with a lot of currencies is that devs do not have all the competentions to succeed on their own, far from.
Installing and adjusting an X11 doesn't make you directly a hash engineer or a true blockchain architect or

To bring it in a certain perspective. I believe in the progress of BOAT and to my opnion you can not let the people

My point is if we can prevent that people within the community are only following/watching, then we can go the moon and beyond....

BOAT needs coverage outside of the echo chamber of lovely, but niche sites, like this. The below book covers boat a lot and its charting in the US and the UK on Kindle, so that will help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077D9ZZ7P/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=chillbill-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B077D9ZZ7P&linkId=99a53f785751ec4b68a42abb6c8869df

We need more of that kind of outreach.
It doesnt need to cost, guerrilla PR is the way to go. What is the story to tell? Cryptopirates retire to their yachts? If you can get that kind of thing into the media the profile will levitate the value. Someone needs to reach out to people to sell stuff for Boat coins. How about pizza?? Do a great story about how 10,000 boat coins gets you a pizza at place X and how the 10,000 bitcoin pizza was the most expensive pizza on earth... blah blah blah...
michaelmourmans

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:59:00 PM

And just like that, as soon as you clicked on "SubmitInch, the cost returned up inside an hour. Funny how that actually works? Almost appears like it was before-meditated.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:00:48 PM

These fake newbie accounts are putting us at the top of the threads! 

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:16:38 PM

POW ends at Block 750,000, we are now at 506,692

[/quote]

What is going to support the chain when the mining stops?
[/quote]

Well once POW ends Boat will be fully POS so POS will be supporting the chain. There are many active connections so a lot of people staking are already helping support the Boat blockchain. All good things take time and I believe in time Boat will be a great coin, hopefully once the dev is happy with RAIN, then he might turn his attention to Boat.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:46:14 AM

Some pre-info.

Now you took a lot of time to answer all the questions, but you are not a dev right? So maybe the dev also has something to say?
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:32:26 PM

Some pre-info.

BOAT needs coverage outside of the echo chamber of lovely, but niche sites, like this. The below book covers boat a lot and its charting in the US and the UK on Kindle, so that will help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077D9ZZ7P/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=chillbill-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B077D9ZZ7P&linkId=99a53f785751ec4b68a42abb6c8869df

We need more of that kind of outreach.
It doesnt need to cost, guerrilla PR is the way to go. What is the story to tell? Cryptopirates retire to their yachts? If you can get that kind of thing into the media the profile will levitate the value. Someone needs to reach out to people to sell stuff for Boat coins. How about pizza?? Do a great story about how 10,000 boat coins gets you a pizza at place X and how the 10,000 bitcoin pizza was the most expensive pizza on earth... blah blah blah...

The community can cooperate with the dev and coordinate with the developer in making a website that would allow one to see digital goods on the internet. Or maybe gather doubloon investors on each country and create a solid physical community one that meets and greets and talk about cryptocurrencies and other things. Advertise it on facebook , twitter, instagram, telegram, and other social media sites.
prowe

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:48:28 PM

Some pre-info.

Now you took a lot of time to answer all the questions, but you are not a dev right? So maybe the dev also has something to say?

That would be great if we would see some dedication from his side, agree.

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
Pilasu

Activity: 540
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:57:01 PM

An overview:

Looks good. I've  above 80k BOAT in my wallet. Is that big amount or just normal? Wink

That's a good amount to POS & HODL with!  Cool

I love boat I'm inland shipping captain Wink I love everything with anchor ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Nic
wood299

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:57:05 PM

Went to download the wallet today and noticed the website. Looks good dev!
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:44:05 AM

An overview:

Looks good. I've  above 80k BOAT in my wallet. Is that big amount or just normal? Wink

That's a good amount to POS & HODL with!  Cool

I love boat I'm inland shipping captain Wink I love everything with anchor ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Is the campaign started already?
Nice new logo, I like flat logos over the shinny or 3D logos. Good job!
OBAViJEST (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 05:35:49 AM

The other team had agreed to paid for compensation regarding name change, most importantly regarding fund required to save us from sinking ship w/ novaexchange going under...our next saving grace is cryptopia, but they're requiring massive amounts of btc for listing.  As of now, don't take anyone's word as truth unless posted from me...still haven't heard a solid plan from their team, aside from "change your name now cuz we want you to".........

........yarrr!!!!!

(if anyone else can help us with migrating to cryptopia, PM me, and I'd gladly sort things out to best suit both parties)
chillbill

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:49:42 PM

The other team had agreed to paid for compensation regarding name change, most importantly regarding fund required to save us from sinking ship w/ novaexchange going under...our next saving grace is cryptopia, but they're requiring massive amounts of btc for listing.  As of now, don't take anyone's word as truth unless posted from me...still haven't heard a solid plan from their team, aside from "change your name now cuz we want you to".........

........yarrr!!!!!

(if anyone else can help us with migrating to cryptopia, PM me, and I'd gladly sort things out to best suit both parties)

Hey Dev are there any Boat coins in the kitty to buy promo/listings? Cryptoia fee is about as much as the total boat market-cap. If you can get me 0.1 btc of Boat at 15sats, you have yobits listing price right there. Smiley
Priest Sannin

Activity: 217

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:56:49 PM

Good afternoon, do you intend to use the "BOAT" currency to subsidize navigation in any way? Or contribute to it? Do you intend to turn the currency into POS only?

/// ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Lunes Platform▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ \\\
  ● ●  WEBSITE  ● ●  WHITEPAPER  ● ●  FACEBOOK  ● ●  ANN  ● ●  TELEGRAM  ● ●  TWITTER  ● ● 
\\\ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A decentralized token creation and registry of authenticity platform▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ///
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 09:59:05 PM

The other team had agreed to paid for compensation regarding name change, most importantly regarding fund required to save us from sinking ship w/ novaexchange going under...our next saving grace is cryptopia, but they're requiring massive amounts of btc for listing.  As of now, don't take anyone's word as truth unless posted from me...still haven't heard a solid plan from their team, aside from "change your name now cuz we want you to".........

........yarrr!!!!!

Hey Dev are there any Boat coins in the kitty to buy promo/listings? Cryptoia fee is about as much as the total boat market-cap. If you can get me 0.1 btc of Boat at 15sats, you have yobits listing price right there. Smiley

I'm thinking there still is a lot of Boat in the dev fund, as not much from what I can see has been spent. Only on a few promotions and I believe a Nova listing but apart from that, not much else has been spent. I would love to see Boat listed on Cryptopia as its a good exchange for coins like Boat.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
chillbill

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:04 AM

........yarrr!!!!!

I'm thinking there still is a lot of Boat in the dev fund, as not much from what I can see has been spent. Only on a few promotions and I believe a Nova listing but apart from that, not much else has been spent. I would love to see Boat listed on Cryptopia as its a good exchange for coins like Boat.
Boat total market cap 3btc... cryptopia listing fee 3btc ...so it cant happen.... there is Boat coverage in a new cryptotrading book but Boat needs lots of promo to get lift off. It is listed in 3 places which is enough, what it needs is promo and promo costs....
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: