Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:54:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Doubloons[BOAT]⚓⚓PoW/PoS⚓⚓HMQ1725⚓⚓NEW SITE!!⚓CPU Pillaging!!⚓YAARR!!⚓  (Read 117588 times)
goggie

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

So is there any sort of explanation as to why the mining pools and the exchanges went down roughly at the same time the new website went up? By the way the new website looks awesome you should be really proud of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beayn

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:46:59 PM

What do you mean by signature design?
goggie

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:48:18 PM

This was the response from the mining pool lol

Tanguy Pruvot
‏ @tpruvot
30 Dec 2017

BOAT has hit an iceberg in the night... Its now back online. coinexchange one too... look like...
prowe

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:21:56 PM

What you see at the bottom of users' posts here @ bitcointalk.org

So is there any sort of explanation as to why the mining pools and the exchanges went down roughly at the same time the new website went up? By the way the new website looks awesome you should be really proud of it.

Thanks, I don't have a clue, extremely bad luck, must be the iceberg.  Wink

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
Cryptroman

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:49:35 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 11:00:30 PM by Cryptroman

Well that was a taste of life in the sun for a little bit... shortlived pump... market depth needs to build.. tooooo much of a gap.

What we have seen is the reality of the situation - a lovely site but a vague outlook... How, what, when and why is what the market wants to see.

With all due respect Prowe - dont think the likes of signatures would do much for the coin... If you want to get people invested, you cant only focus on the aesthetic, you are very much invested in this coin as is the developer and you stand to gain quite alot from and organic business plan and working on defining your key customer - What the market needs to see is a game plan - how can this coin appropriately address the shipping/maritime industry? how can it be implemented? Also some key networking in place. At the moment it is a nice site, a nice bit of code, a nice lightweight algo and perceptively, hopes and dreams of cracking the maritime market.  How many players are looking at this industry? who are our competitors? who is developing in this space? are we late to the party or are we pioneering?

You have community engagement, and you have put together a beautiful site, which all costs money and unfortunately that's a risk you have to assume at this early stage if you are a significant part of the project... A tangible business plan is required if you want to see real investment come in. Possibly a reworking of the entire thread - The whole aarrgh matey pirate gag thing wont cut it in the shipping world where literal pirates are huge problem.

This coin really has potential - it is a $1t per year industry - $Boat could be in the front seat but the world wants to know more.....
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/ups-bets-on-blockchain-as-the-future-of-the-trillion-dollar-shipping-industry/

https://shipchain.io/ - This would be our nearest competitor - and they need to be thouroughly checked out.

This was the response from the mining pool lol

Tanguy Pruvot
‏ @tpruvot
30 Dec 2017

BOAT has hit an iceberg in the night... Its now back online. coinexchange one too... look like...

Yeah I messaged him to ask if he new why - that was his response... he is a good guy, done heaps for the community.. my hat goes off to him.

Cryptroman

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:16:14 PM

Upon further investigating - this is probably where Boat is heading rather that what shipchain is looking at

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170428005613/en/Global-Marine-Insurance-Market-Driven-Rise-Premium

A bit more niche - room to expand... still need to see a roadmap, plan, etc.

Beayn

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:22:20 AM

What you see at the bottom of users' posts here @ bitcointalk.org

Thanks, I don't have a clue, extremely bad luck, must be the iceberg.  Wink

A coworker of mine was involved in the early development of GoldCoin and designed its logo and website at the time. He's mining BOAT now, I'll see if he's interested in getting involved.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 01:39:53 AM

Deposits still not showing up either exchange.   Can we discuss this a little more?

Cryptroman

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:15:54 AM

Deposits still not showing up either exchange.   Can we discuss this a little more?

Agreed - not a great look - I still have a pending withdrawal from Coinexhange. Doesnt promote buying if buyers cant sell, withdraw or trade.

youyou_

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:23:20 AM

I bought a lot of BOAT COINS at covariance chang
I hope to fly to the moon in 2018
prowe

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:52:02 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 02:03:31 PM by prowe

Deposits still not showing up either exchange.   Can we discuss this a little more?

Send them a message smart guy... you seem to have enough (technical) skills to communicate

The chain & explorer is working, people are mining (Network GH/s 2.0356) big time

Isn't it a matter of forcing the wallet to reboot?

We are dependent on their effort...

Cryptroman

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:05:23 PM

There definitely isn't anything wrong with the blockchain - smooth as silk and attracting miners by the day. Wallet is also smooth as.

The exchange is a bit of an issue, one would have thought they would have rebooted by now. Agree this is more an issue at the exchange end but they need a kick in the butt.  Shocked

Cheers!

paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:43:40 PM

Deposits still not showing up either exchange.   Can we discuss this a little more?

Send them a message smart guy... you seem to have enough (technical) skills to communicate

The chain & explorer is working, people are mining (Network GH/s 2.0356) big time

It's not good how they must have taken advantage of the trades themselves since BOAT spiked.
Just goes to show you have to keep a balance on an exchange.  About communicating with them, not sure
it's always worth my time.  Maybe getting on better exchanges and having the miners do that will be more effective.

prowe

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:24:43 PM

It's not good how they must have taken advantage of the trades themselves since BOAT spiked.
Just goes to show you have to keep a balance on an exchange.  About communicating with them, not sure
it's always worth my time.  Maybe getting on better exchanges and having the miners do that will be more effective.

To my opinion, this is not good for anybody, a few days ago the biggest volume since the start was finally there...

The potential is good, in the upcoming days I'll add a few translations. And step by step I can contribute,
hopefully the dev will implement new graphics for the wallet I will send him tomorrow.

I am sure these enhancements will attract more attention/investors in the upcoming weeks.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:55:54 PM

Just goes to show you have to keep a balance on an exchange.  About communicating with them, not sure
it's always worth my time.  Maybe getting on better exchanges and having the miners do that will be more effective.

To my opinion, this is not good for anybody, a few days ago the biggest volume since the start was finally there...

The potential is good, in the upcoming days I'll add a few translations. And step by step I can contribute,
hopefully the dev will implement new graphics for the wallet I will send him tomorrow.

I am sure these enhancements will attract more attention/investors in the upcoming weeks.

Great.  It's an attractive coin.  The dev has a knack for creative beautiful coin/name combinations.  The nautical lure of the coin is appealing to investors.

I think coinsmarkets is a good site and they are like the old POSW exchange where they stake your balance for you.  We must get in there.

Cryptroman

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:18:06 PM

I have raised a support ticket with Coinexchange... Hopefully we will get some answers or a solution soon.

Cheers

icherevkov

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

I have raised a support ticket with Coinexchange... Hopefully we will get some answers or a solution soon.

Cheers

TradeSatoshi just ignoring my tickets regarding unprocessed withdrawals, not advising to store anything there.
Cryptroman

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:49:32 AM

Imagine if we listed on bittrex, coinsmarkets, coinspot etc?

Still think market wants to see a game plan/roadmap and some reasonably defined networks before we will really see a big pump..

Cant wait to see what the team have in store for the next few weeks. I assuming the above is what is being developed along side the eye pleasing stuff.

The way I see Boat at the moment:

Pros:

Very solid blockchain
HMQ1725 is a nice algo - light on power using right miner.
Hashrate growth - attractive and one of the more profitable mining coins.
Fast Blocks
POW almost over
POS - low inflation - decent growth rate.
Excellent looking website
Functional clean wallet
Strong Medium and Long term potential
Target market is tipped to grow to $40B Usd globally over next 3 years moreso over a longer term.
Industry wants innovative insurance products.
Insurance companies looking for innovative technology to manage insurance contracts.

Cons (at this stage):

Limited Exchange exposure and exchange wallet issues.
Previous argh matey pirate stigma not professional maybe holding it back - needs the new look facelift.
Roadmap needs to be published
Team needs to be established.
Network/key partnerships need to be established - at least market needs to see something cooking on this front..
Lack of prospectus

Once we have a little light on the exchange situation it may lighten up the concern for some holders...You can still buy and sell, just not deposit or withdraw Boat at the moment. Not something within the control of prowe or OBAViJEST although if it continues in lieu of community raised tickets I would hope they would step in and talk to the folk at the exchanges involved.

I hope the team are not taking this the wrong way, I am entirely positive about this project and the people steering the ship so to speak - I hope this is all taken as constructive.

Cheers!
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

Imagine if we listed on bittrex, coinsmarkets, coinspot etc?

Still think market wants to see a game plan/roadmap and some reasonably defined networks before we will really see a big pump..

Cant wait to see what the team have in store for the next few weeks. I assuming the above is what is being developed along side the eye pleasing stuff.

The way I see Boat at the moment:

Pros:

Very solid blockchain
HMQ1725 is a nice algo - light on power using right miner.
Hashrate growth - attractive and one of the more profitable mining coins.
Fast Blocks
POW almost over
POS - low inflation - decent growth rate.
Excellent looking website
Functional clean wallet
Strong Medium and Long term potential
Target market is tipped to grow to $40B Usd globally over next 3 years moreso over a longer term.
Industry wants innovative insurance products.
Insurance companies looking for innovative technology to manage insurance contracts.

Cons (at this stage):

Limited Exchange exposure and exchange wallet issues.
Previous argh matey pirate stigma not professional maybe holding it back - needs the new look facelift.
Roadmap needs to be published
Team needs to be established.
Network/key partnerships need to be established - at least market needs to see something cooking on this front..
Lack of prospectus

Once we have a little light on the exchange situation it may lighten up the concern for some holders...You can still buy and sell, just not deposit or withdraw Boat at the moment. Not something within the control of prowe or OBAViJEST although if it continues in lieu of community raised tickets I would hope they would step in and talk to the folk at the exchanges involved.

I hope the team are not taking this the wrong way, I am entirely positive about this project and the people steering the ship so to speak - I hope this is all taken as constructive.

Cheers!

I think on bittrex is very hard to get listed, just because of the low daily volume. On coinsmarkets is easy those days but I don't know for how long will be, so is good that dev give it a try. About coinspot I don't know nothing.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:30:07 AM

Cheers

TradeSatoshi just ignoring my tickets regarding unprocessed withdrawals, not advising to store anything there.

This is the case for MANY exchanges these days.  The better exchanges you don't really need anything to write them about.   It seems like waiting a week is the norm to start to get too worried.

Maybe exchanges get paranoid and don't like to hire new help because they think it increases risks to get hacked.  But you could monitor them closely so that they know they would get busted if they did, like track their keystrokes and have them sign things limiting their privacy while at work, etc.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: