Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED!  (Read 150359 times)
TRiMBY

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:54:27 PM

Whew, glad I checked in on this thread after a couple of months! bigbeninlondon, I've just PM'd you with my return address.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:55:00 PM

Daily "Refund Confirmation" Update:

All PM's from yesterday and this morning were recorded to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApT7WUJuJCwMdEhFX2UxbF9Nd0xydmhnUUJiZVBLVlE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

The following users do not have a record for refund address on redphlegm's spreadsheet, nor have I received any communication nor has anything been posted in the forum:

Code:
alle.sello
spanishfry
tromacca' *not real nick*
AmpEater
magixx
Hiroaki
shep80
ZeroPAiN
nebiz
sun
strombom
bitrocket

If you have already contacted John K., please let me know so we can keep a public tally of where we stand as far as refunds.  Otherwise, I have addresses, but not confirmed for the following people (considering ANYONE could have filled out redphlegm's form with your username, I don't consider a refund address "confirmed" unless I get a PM; how John K. handles this may be different)

Code:
someone42
ryepdx
Egon   
Kushedout
freeworm
spinner
RagingAzn628
purplesquid
flowdab
CoinHoarder
Vycid
tw00
wrenchmonkey
mutex
pierrejo
dancrn
Wesly
Cray-1
xbaby
GodFader
davecoin
RayJay
erschiessen
darkjed
ragmondo
SteveB
Barklad
DPoS
BitHav
redphlegm
volosator
nabworth
hugoooo
fmerli
tastycat
conv3rsion
Doomsby
salt
perseus
eghoff
dgarrett
salfter
stannum
samurai1200
jordan314
ecliptic
flyG
Noitev
zamazama

If you are on the first list, please inform me or John K. of your preferred refund address.

If you are on the second list, please double check the sheet to ensure your address was correctly recorded:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApT7WUJuJCwMdEhFX2UxbF9Nd0xydmhnUUJiZVBLVlE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

and then PM me confirmation or change requests.

Thanks Guys; hopefully my effort here can speed things up for John K., who is undoubtedly busy catching up with things that transpired during the bitcointalk blackout. Smiley
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:30:16 PM

!BUMP!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:27:19 PM

Daily refund update:

The following users still haven't provided any refund address to me or redphlegm.  As always, if you've already contacted John K. then you should be ok, but you won't show up on my refund list.  To show up on my refund list, please PM me with your preferred refund address.

Code:
alle.sello
AmpEater
magixx
Hiroaki
shep80
ZeroPAiN
nebiz
sun
strombom
bitrocket

The following users have provided addresses, but have not confirmed with me via PM.  We've already discovered one fraudulent entry in redphlegm's form (since anyone can fill it out), so please verify that your address is indeed correct on my spreadsheet as an extra security measure.

Code:
Egon   
Kushedout
purplesquid
flowdab
CoinHoarder
wrenchmonkey
pierrejo
dancrn
Wesly
xbaby
davecoin
RayJay
ragmondo
BitHav
redphlegm
volosator
hugoooo
fmerli
tastycat
conv3rsion
Doomsby
salt
perseus
dgarrett
stannum
samurai1200
jordan314
zamazama

Also, anyone whose refund address I found on this thread in the last week were marked as "Posted" under the Confirm column.  If you'd prefer to just post here, I'll pick that up too.

Edit: Posting the URL to the refund sheet again just in case:

Edit2: Just went back a bit further and found some additional refund addresses posted in this thread.  List updated.
samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Thanks for your work bigben. I sent an address confirmation PM to John K a while back. (I am in the "2nd list.") Is that all that is required?

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:33:38 PM

Thanks for your work bigben. I sent an address confirmation PM to John K a while back. (I am in the "2nd list.") Is that all that is required?

It should be.  I'm not actually in communication with John K. right now, so I don't know what he has.  I'm just trying to keep us moving forward and try to provide a central point of documentation.  Hopefully my spreadsheet will assist John K with his refund task.  But it may be that he already has other plans.  Again, I don't know.  I just want to consolidate as much information as I can until we hear from John K.
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:33:50 AM

Thanks for keeping things moving, Ben. I've been traveling a LOT for work lately. This coupled with bitcointalk going offline resulted in my return just today. I appreciate you doing the reconciliation of addresses and I will be sending you a PM shortly with my address for you to verify and cross reference.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:12:43 AM

It should be.  I'm not actually in communication with John K. right now, so I don't know what he has.  I'm just trying to keep us moving forward and try to provide a central point of documentation.  Hopefully my spreadsheet will assist John K with his refund task.  But it may be that he already has other plans.  Again, I don't know.  I just want to consolidate as much information as I can until we hear from John K.

If you have sent your address to JohnK, please also send it to BigBen - that way we all know once all addresses have been confirmed as they will be in the spreadsheet. PMs to JohnK may get lost in the noise, and will make it impossible for us to have one central confirmed spreadsheet, and JohnK definitely does not want to be putting together a separate refund spreadsheet.

I would be happy to chase JohnK to process our refunds, but it's hard to justify that when we don't even have a full list of users and their refund addresses on our side.

Therefore everyone who has not already done so should please confirm their refund address to bigbeninlondon via PM asap.

bigbeninlondon - have you considered PMing each of the people who have not yet confirmed their addresses individually? If you don't want to do this, would you like me to do it on your behalf?

scotjam
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:05:30 AM

If you have sent your address to JohnK, please also send it to BigBen - that way we all know once all addresses have been confirmed as they will be in the spreadsheet. PMs to JohnK may get lost in the noise, and will make it impossible for us to have one central confirmed spreadsheet, and JohnK definitely does not want to be putting together a separate refund spreadsheet.

I would be happy to chase JohnK to process our refunds, but it's hard to justify that when we don't even have a full list of users and their refund addresses on our side.

Therefore everyone who has not already done so should please confirm their refund address to bigbeninlondon via PM asap.

bigbeninlondon - have you considered PMing each of the people who have not yet confirmed their addresses individually? If you don't want to do this, would you like me to do it on your behalf?

scotjam

I had thought about it, but figured it'd be premature to PM people before John K has stopped by to weigh in.  I figured maybe a good portion of people would confirm this weekend when they have a chance to log in.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to PM everyone who hasn't confirmed; I'll put something together today.
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:44:43 PM

bigben, I pm'd my refund address for batch 1.  thank you
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:06:36 PM

bigben, I pm'd my refund address for batch 1.  thank you

I gotcha.
dgarrett

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:02:10 AM

I can confirm the address that bigbeninlondon has for my refund: 17RXcRMUiXqsQkCqqYKXJkP1B4Lqm47hFB
volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:08:24 AM

bigbeninlondon:

I confirm my refund address: 1MjJkJ7NbufTKoD3o9UcDDaZKcYMP6Ra5n
PM also sent.
BitHav

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:12:09 PM

Daily refund update:

The following users still haven't provided any refund address to me or redphlegm.  As always, if you've already contacted John K. then you should be ok, but you won't show up on my refund list.  To show up on my refund list, please PM me with your preferred refund address.

Code:
alle.sello
AmpEater
magixx
Hiroaki
shep80
ZeroPAiN
nebiz
sun
strombom
bitrocket

The following users have provided addresses, but have not confirmed with me via PM.  We've already discovered one fraudulent entry in redphlegm's form (since anyone can fill it out), so please verify that your address is indeed correct on my spreadsheet as an extra security measure.

Code:
Egon   
Kushedout
purplesquid
flowdab
CoinHoarder
wrenchmonkey
pierrejo
dancrn
Wesly
xbaby
davecoin
RayJay
ragmondo
BitHav
redphlegm
volosator
hugoooo
fmerli
tastycat
conv3rsion
Doomsby
salt
perseus
dgarrett
stannum
samurai1200
jordan314
zamazama

Also, anyone whose refund address I found on this thread in the last week were marked as "Posted" under the Confirm column.  If you'd prefer to just post here, I'll pick that up too.

Edit: Posting the URL to the refund sheet again just in case:

Edit2: Just went back a bit further and found some additional refund addresses posted in this thread.  List updated.

I just sent you a PM confirming my refund address
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:49:21 PM

Daily Refund Address Consolidation Update

Here's the users who still haven't proclaimed any address anywhere that I can find:

Code:
alle.sello
AmpEater
magixx
Hiroaki
ZeroPAiN
nebiz
sun

Let me know if I missed your PM or post.

Here are the people who haven't confirmed with me here or via PM:

Code:
Egon   
flowdab
CoinHoarder
wrenchmonkey
dancrn
xbaby
davecoin
RayJay
ragmondo
fmerli
conv3rsion
Doomsby
salt
perseus
stannum
samurai1200
jordan314

If you see your name here, I haven't confirmed your refund address.

We're at 64% confirmed now.  Still haven't heard from John K.

Also, side note.  I take security very seriously and I've been thinking about the best way to assure everyone involved that I haven't modified anyone's 'verified' address, and I believe the best way to do that is to post the entire list here (once the list is finished) and have another trusted user quote it so that it can't be changed once it's posted.  I know that I'm trustworthy, but a dishonest person would say the same thing, so I want to make sure there are no questions about the validity of my list.  

If anyone has a better method, let me know.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 05:42:12 PM

thanks a ton, but we really need John K to earn his money and deal with us as soon as he can

since he got paid for this, he should deal with us all directly to confirm.   Not sure what he is doing but seems like we are scammed.  It is half way to Oct soon

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:44:51 PM

thanks a ton, but we really need John K to earn his money and deal with us as soon as he can
since he got paid for this, he should deal with us all directly to confirm.   Not sure what he is doing but seems like we are scammed.  It is half way to Oct soon

I think most folks who have seen JohnK in action before have no doubt that our coins are safe as long as he has them.

The issue here is that there are a number of folks who have not confirmed their refund addresses. Once they have done so, it should be no problem to get JohnK to process the refunds - I for one would be happy to chase him up if we had all of the addresses.

The question is should we chase him when we can't even tell him where to send all of the coins? Are we at the stage where we draw a line in the sand and say that refunds for addresses provided and confirmed so far should be processed, and we leave the rest in JohnK's hands? Personally, I think we're getting there...

My vote is for the following procedure:
1) PM all users with outstanding refund addresses, alerting them that they only have [48 hours?] left to post their refund addresses in the forums [and confirm their addresses to bigbeninlondon by PM?], and thereby receive a refund (in this batch).

2) 48 hours later we chase JohnK and provide the updated spreadsheet with the refund addresses.

3) Those users who have provided addresses receive refunds; those who have not need to wait and/or request refunds individually from JohnK (who will probably not hold their individual requests as particularly high priority tasks given their lack of enthusiasm to respond)

4) Those of us who have received refunds tip bigbeninlondon, redphlegm, noitev, and JohnK (and anyone else who we feel was instrumental to the refunds process) an appropriate amount to show our gratitude for the work invested (above and beyond the call of duty).

bigbeninlondon - did you PM all outstanding and / or unconfirmed users to see what responses came back? Either way my vote would be to send a message (or if you've already messaged them, a chaser) to let them know they're running out of time and to give them a hard deadline.

Thoughts / comments?

scotjam
magixx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:43:10 PM

I have now PM'd my info to both bigben and sent it to OP's google form.

1N8sHKb7RAdzJwLtDw1yrtc1ip1oiVFWBt
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:30:57 PM

Also PM'd to (re?)confirm my address

Do we need 100% for refund?  Or could it be issued to say, 75% that has confirmed it/etc and the other 25% thereafter?  I'm not sure if the logistics make this impossible or risky?
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:38:48 AM

I agree.  John K. has been absent for a few and it's making me a little anxious; but I've participated in other group buys that John K escrowed and never had a problem.  I don't think we are scammed, if John K has announced that we received a refund.

John K. probably should confirm individually, but since he's not here now, I'm just doing what I can to A) try to move things along and B) pass the time waiting for my refund. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: