Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 📁 novusphere.io 📁 atmos (ATMS) 📁 Censorship Resistant Media Sharing 📁  (Read 120164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sugarbaby

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:41:52 PM

So, i will reserve this spot for today  Cheesy

I have a reserved spot on the first page if you want to make me an offer?

Not accepting vidz, but pretty much anything else.

Well, i had there 4 seats but were stolen yesterday. So, better not to have any in the front side. I stay on the back eating popcorn...  Grin

But hey, anyway, thanks for the offer.  Cheesy

Hardcore Trading @ SimpleFX.com
Leverage: 1:2 – 1:500  |  BTCUSD, BTCEUR, BTCCNY, BTCJPY, LTCUSD, LTCEUR, LTCCNY, LTCJPY  |  60+ currency pairs | Indices | Oil | Precious metals XAG, XAU, XPD, XPT
MT4 available

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asphyxia (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:49:41 PM

What kind of content will this platform provide in the beginning?
Will it be the same as Purevidz?

Even before the existence of Novusphere full nodes (so decentralization) people will be able to index whatever files, images, videos, etc. they want on the platform so long as it is compliant with the law. If we receive any DMCA take down notices for any content it will be pulled from the index as before centralization, we are legally obligated to curate content.

Before the 2nd part of the crowdfund a variety of SFSIs (refer to OP terminology) will be available and show how searching and rendering will work and continue to work even after decentralization.

So it's going to be exactly like purevidz, until it isn't like purevidz? Except even worse because you will take down content that is pirated?

The video SFSI is a small part of the project not the entire project. When they system is decentralized there's no removal of content because we have no authority of what content other gateways choose to serve; We only have control over what our gateay serves.

How to burn VIDZ to AMS ?

There will be a tutorial for this made public on the 16th when crowdfunding begins.
Ankara
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:07:59 PM

So we have PureVidz turbo right here ladies and gentleman. It is funny to see so many people getting angry with a dev that is infact helping them in the distant future.

How can we VIDZ investors be helped, by burning them bitches. It was obvious that PureVidz is/was a fantastic idea but the bigger it gets the more heat will be brought upon it.

In the end it will be taken down, no fud just truth.

You don't take decentralization down, I can't wait to hear news from your lawyers, any idea how long dev?

Price of ICO is discovery right?

Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:12:54 PM

The following is a minimalist view on expenses for about a year:

Technical Development: $150,000.00 USD
Frontend & Visual Development: $60,000.00 USD
Marketing & Promotion: $40,000.00 USD
Undetermined Expenses: $40,000.00 USD

I like the part where you say this is "minimalist"

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:13:04 PM

It's basically like purevidz but you can access it from your wallet, so there's no need for central website that can be taken down by companies or isp or sg-1 or interpol like in PV or other cases. For demo purposes, there will be a central site that will show filtered content, but once the wallets are complete, you can watch/listen/read/download/upload/request/fill-request anything you want from wallet (i.e. node) without a website and without any filters (or with if you want). Since it's out of control of the developer what you do with your own nodes, like the creator of torrents or tor he's not responsible and has no access to tell your node what to do, this crypto can be listed on any exchange including US ones like polo and bittrex. So no filters no takedowns once you can access it from your wallet. If you decide to host a website from your wallet/node, anyone could technically, you can choose what to take down or not on your website (also called gateway).

so there would be nothing to stop anyone from uploading the really bad stuff like snuff videos and the likes...

that's going to be bringing the wrong kind of attention to the project...
super-cpu

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:13:14 PM

Even before the existence of Novusphere full nodes (so decentralization) people will be able to index whatever files, images, videos, etc. they want on the platform so long as it is compliant with the law. If we receive any DMCA take down notices for any content it will be pulled from the index as before centralization, we are legally obligated to curate content.

Before the 2nd part of the crowdfund a variety of SFSIs (refer to OP terminology) will be available and show how searching and rendering will work and continue to work even after decentralization.
So its work like sia coin decentralized storage and the only difference is streaming videos.
scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:15:23 PM

It's basically like purevidz but you can access it from your wallet, so there's no need for central website that can be taken down by companies or isp or sg-1 or interpol like in PV or other cases. For demo purposes, there will be a central site that will show filtered content, but once the wallets are complete, you can watch/listen/read/download/upload/request/fill-request anything you want from wallet (i.e. node) without a website and without any filters (or with if you want). Since it's out of control of the developer what you do with your own nodes, like the creator of torrents or tor he's not responsible and has no access to tell your node what to do, this crypto can be listed on any exchange including US ones like polo and bittrex. So no filters no takedowns once you can access it from your wallet. If you decide to host a website from your wallet/node, anyone could technically, you can choose what to take down or not on your website (also called gateway).

so there would be nothing to stop anyone from uploading the really bad stuff like snuff videos and the likes...

this isn't ethereum that's only faking decentralization, this is what decentralization is. you don't like some data, don't look at it, don't download it, don't link to it, show it to authorities if you want, go help real people if you want and not wage war on arbitrary sequence of bits that don't care. you have basically no right to tell anyone what their computer is allowed or not allowed to transmit. if you dislike crypto and decentralization, you can always use skydrive and myspace.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150813224631/http://bits.are.notabug.com/
asphyxia (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:17:58 PM

This is right for the most part.

You can access content from your wallet (full node) through the gateway the wallet provides. A gateway is a web interface so you can think of it like the full node has a web server built into it. You can set up your own full node and play by whatever rules you want or you can use a public gateway and play by the rules of that gateway. By the rules, I mean for example take our public gateway that Novus will be hosting for community use. I will conform to the DMCA blacklist for obvious legal reasons. Since the gateway is effectively a web server, you could make a domain that points to it to access it through a domain to allow others to use your gateway (and there will be incentive to do this).

As you said, the demo site will show how the gateway operates but in a centralized sense. Time isn't wasted by doing this since the interfaces being built will use the same PUSH API interface schema that full nodes will provide, therefore the transition from the centralized interface to a decentralized one should require minimal changes in terms of the client side html/css/js code.

So its work like sia coin decentralized storage and the only difference is streaming videos.

Novusphere isn't intended to provide a storage layer which to my knowledge that's the purpose of Sia; It's to provide an index to the IPFS storage layer. The video SFSI (which yes, has streaming) is just one of many SFSIs offered in the grand scheme of things.

this isn't ethereum that's only faking decentralization, this is what decentralization is. you don't like some data, don't look at it, don't download it, don't link to it, show it to authorities if you want, go help real people if you want and not wage war on arbitrary sequence of bits that don't care. you have basically no right to tell anyone what their computer is allowed or not allowed to transmit. if you dislike crypto and decentralization, you can always use skydrive and myspace.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150813224631/http://bits.are.notabug.com/

At the point of decentralization, how people use the platform is outside of control. You can make this into an ethical/moral dilemma but we are not the ones governing that nor are we taking responsibility for how people use the software. As an example the creator of the TOR would be in a pretty awkward position if he was trying to take responsibility for how people use TOR.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:26:15 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 12:23:03 AM by drays

So... is this a monetized web-based Kazaa built over IPFS...?

... this space is not for rent ...
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:27:47 PM

Besides the ovbious i aint giving a penny to an anon newbie account, i really only have one major question?

WHY?  why is this necessary, what are other well funded , ALREADY BUILT, services not providing you want to do better?

Off the top of my head, LBRY and Alexandria. WHAT does this offer they already don't? (plus they have mining, & LBRY has profitshare, no scammy "money upfront" ICOs either)

i just dont see the point but to try take some money for some promises :/

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
asphyxia (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:36:36 PM

Besides the ovbious i aint giving a penny to an anon newbie account, i really only have one major question?

WHY?  why is this necessary, what are other well funded , ALREADY BUILT, services not providing you want to do better?

Off the top of my head, LBRY and Alexandria. WHAT does this offer they already don't? (plus they have mining, & LBRY has profitshare, no scammy "money upfront" ICOs either)

With all due respect, if your critiquing that this is a newbie account I'm guessing you didn't even bother to read the first 4 or 5 lines of the OP.
Yes, it will be done better because the end goal involves creating a system that the typical internet user (ie someone who is tech illiterate but still knows how to use Facebook, Reddit or any other mainstream website) can easily use, not one that introduces barriers by trying to force users to use or understand how crypto works. Yes you need to understand a little bit about crypto to run a full-node (wallet) or gateway. No you don't need to know anything about crypto to use a gateway.

Again, not trying to be rude but the OP states it's planned to deliver a tangible product before raising what is pretty much the second half of funding. Anyone who is skeptical should simply wait until the 2nd round of funding which will likely occur some time in March after Phase I - III has been delivered.

Thanks for your questions nonetheless Smiley
scaryvirus

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:43:00 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 12:41:48 AM by scaryvirus

lbry - crazy inflation of 1000%, nothing to show, not ipfs - slow, mining (unless you're bitcoin) is a negative and a security risk (ask KR and SHIFT)

alexandria - allows people to charge for content thus blocking access to it and monopolizing it, intent is to monetize distribution of content instead of make content available free for all, mining (unless you're bitcoin) is a negative and a security risk (ask KR and SHIFT), desire to switch to btc for payments but using flo coin for index storage keeps no incentive to keep flo storage secure, incentivise miners, low hash = easy target.

what makes this design special - bounty based economy - similar projects have no system to request bounties or people to provide it, you can browse those now - almost no content because there's no incentives, it provides content for free without forcing people to pay up to use it unless they want to - a priority towards free flow of data vs monopolizing data. I don't remember libraries where I was forced to pay to read something.

I think developers who aren't anon are doing it for their ego, put a target on themselves to be responsible for policing their chain, which should never take place in crypto, don't want to ruin their name beign "associated" with something bad, like if satoshi worried abotu being associated with silk road, and develpers are the human weakest point of crypto.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 12:07:28 AM

With all due respect, if your critiquing that this is a newbie account I'm guessing you didn't even bother to read the first 4 or 5 lines of the OP.
Yes, it will be done better because the end goal involves creating a system that the typical internet user (ie someone who is tech illiterate but still knows how to use Facebook, Reddit or any other mainstream website) can easily use, not one that introduces barriers by trying to force users to use or understand how crypto works. Yes you need to understand a little bit about crypto to run a full-node (wallet) or gateway. No you don't need to know anything about crypto to use a gateway.

Again, not trying to be rude but the OP states it's planned to deliver a tangible product before raising what is pretty much the second half of funding. Anyone who is skeptical should simply wait until the 2nd round of funding which will likely occur some time in March after Phase I - III has been delivered.

not really any answers for what i asked but ok :/  ill "wait till you have the chance to screw everyone if im worried about you screwing everyone" then as you said? a fallacy in itself.. well i wont waste my time, best of luck?

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
asphyxia (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:18:58 AM

not really any answers for what i asked but ok :/  ill "wait till you have the chance to screw everyone if im worried about you screwing everyone" then as you said? a fallacy in itself.. well i wont waste my time, best of luck?

Sorry? I'm pretty sure I answered your questions directly, but let me give you the tl;dr

Newbie Account - Read the first 5 lines of the OP
LBRY, Alexandria - Lacks the simplicity of being used by someone who is entirely tech illiterate
"You're out to screw everyone!" - If you're skeptical about my ability to deliver, don't invest in the first part of the crowdfund. Consider investing in the second part when you have something tangible to evaluate.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:40:51 AM

You can pretty much take out all your other words and just leave monetized and you're good to go.

Seriously.

Dev wants to make a pile of cash.

Traders seen a vidz pump and many making a pile of cash.

So everyone is salivating at the prospect of making a pile of quick cash.

The End.
scaryvirus

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:11:40 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 01:43:31 AM by scaryvirus

You can pretty much take out all your other words and just leave monetized and you're good to go.

Seriously.

The End.

I'm salivating of being able to get any data I want whenever I want as it should be. The only part that's monetized are the bounty requests for content that's not already available, which only enriches the size of the content. Note the rest of similar projects are all about putting pay walls everywhere. VTR you have in sig would be a great project, however how did this dev deliver more information in few days than the vtr dev in months? It's like impossible to know wtf VTR will be, what timeline it follows, hypocritical much supporting basically similar project? I like both, whoever delivers is my bae. How was people buying this at 100 satoshi before the pump that's not in devs control make them here just for money? You can't wrap your head around people who want freedom of information? The dev didn't sell his vidz before starting this project, lots 100s of btc in potential profit by doing so, that's basically proof he's legit. In addition, he was the brains behind IPFS integration, and delivery of tangible results in days before. To me this guy is as legit as fluffy or satoshi thus far.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:41:30 AM

Seriously.

The End.

I'm salivating of being able to get any data I want whenever I want as it should be. The only part that's monetized are the bounty requests for content that's not already available, which only enriches the size of the content. Note the rest of similar projects are all about putting pay walls everywhere. VTR you have in sig would be a great project, however how did this dev deliver more information in few days than the vtr dev in months? It's like impossible to know wtf VTR will be, what timeline it follows, hypocritical much supporting basically similar project? I like both, however delivers is my bae. How was people buying this at 100 satoshi before the pump that's not in devs control make them here just for money? You can't wrap your head around people who want freedom of information? The dev didn't sell his vidz before starting this project, lots 100s of btc in potential profit by doing so, that's basically proof he's legit. In addition, he was the brains behind IPFS integration, and delivery of tangible results in days before. To me this guy is as legit as fluffy or satoshi thus far.

If this project goes down the legit route, I'll pitch in and support it.

VTR and this project should be able to live and work together.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:53:02 AM

Seriously.

The End.

VTR you have in sig would be a great project,
however how did this dev deliver more information in few days than the vtr dev in months?
It's like impossible to know wtf VTR will be, what timeline it follows...

Years. VTR has delivered nothing usable in 2 years (except a wallet)...
And PR is the hard part... which for VTR means the Dev hiding while 2 shills spam non-stop.

Oh, Alexandria... are there even 10 people that are watching cat videos on Alexandria?

In theory this is a relatively interesting project...
It will probably attract a significant amount of VIDZ...
List it on Yobit and, bingo, you will have the time and capital to build leading edge infrastructure.
PikachuYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Me is Cute

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:17:26 AM

Seriously.

The End.

I'm salivating of being able to get any data I want whenever I want as it should be. The only part that's monetized are the bounty requests for content that's not already available, which only enriches the size of the content. Note the rest of similar projects are all about putting pay walls everywhere. VTR you have in sig would be a great project, however how did this dev deliver more information in few days than the vtr dev in months? It's like impossible to know wtf VTR will be, what timeline it follows, hypocritical much supporting basically similar project? I like both, whoever delivers is my bae. How was people buying this at 100 satoshi before the pump that's not in devs control make them here just for money? You can't wrap your head around people who want freedom of information? The dev didn't sell his vidz before starting this project, lots 100s of btc in potential profit by doing so, that's basically proof he's legit. In addition, he was the brains behind IPFS integration, and delivery of tangible results in days before. To me this guy is as legit as fluffy or satoshi thus far.

listen to the virus.....

he's a massive keyboard warrior twat but what he says makes sense.....

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:05:32 AM

Seriously.

The End.

VTR you have in sig would be a great project,
however how did this dev deliver more information in few days than the vtr dev in months?
It's like impossible to know wtf VTR will be, what timeline it follows...

Years. VTR has delivered nothing usable in 2 years (except a wallet)...
And PR is the hard part... which for VTR means the Dev hiding while 2 shills spam non-stop.

Oh, Alexandria... are there even 10 people that are watching cat videos on Alexandria?

In theory this is a relatively interesting project...
It will probably attract a significant amount of VIDZ...
List it on Yobit and, bingo, you will have the time and capital to build leading edge infrastructure.

You obviously haven't downloaded the latest VTR client or seen the YouTube tutorials. There are plenty of new and great features that have been released. Is one of the main features, BitTorrent released yet? No, we are waiting for that to drop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: