Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 📁 novusphere.io 📁 atmos (ATMS) 📁 Censorship Resistant Media Sharing 📁  (Read 120164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tobsnn

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:01:55 PM

Someone in vidz slack made me think over it

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asphyxia (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:27:17 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 07:17:57 PM by asphyxia

I have a question. If this site is completely illegal and subject to tons of pressure from the industry, why is it that you have a company? And why do u even speak to lawyers? Why not just keep it completely under ground?

If thepiratebay is llegal so why not this can be illegal.When Twitter open bounty start?

The reason we are a legal entity is because Novus intends to operate on an entirely legal basis.

The way the pirate bay works and how this works is entirely different. The pirate bay is a centralized database of magnet links, AFIX is a decentralized database of IPFS hashes and meta data that is constructed from a blockchain. The pirate bay can fully control what content is accessible in terms of searching where as even though Novus is the creator of AFIX, we have no control over curating the content on the blockchain from which the decentralized database is constructed from. At the point of decentralization much like IPFS the only thing we can do to comply with the law is to blacklist IPFS file hashes of files that violate laws and prevent them from being accessed through our gateway. However, much like IPFS nothing is to prevent a user from setting up their own node to access said content or using an entirely different public gateway other than the one operated by Novus.

As for the twitter bounty, it will start in a couple days.

You know what I've also shown? My ability to deliver and communicate.

Isn't it amazing how fast those people who claim to value transparency quickly sell out on it implying I shouldn't have been transparent about me leaving? You can claim that my announcement made people lose money, sure but one can also claim that I'm at least half if not more responsible for the early success of Pure Vidz which made a lot of people money.

Secondly, those who supported Pure Vidz directly through the crowdfund reaped the rewards of its success still to this day at 5x. When you buy in afterwards on the exchanges to me what it should imply is that you believe in the project to succeed. When I left in terms of development nothing should have changed other than speed. A team's success should not be contingent on one person especially when that one person isn't even the "leader" of the team and the leader isn't willing to compromise their ideas.

So, don't blame me for the current state of affairs or the state of the free market because for those who don't believe in Pure Vidz I've offered them a swap. This swap provides no funding for Novus what so ever, it supports Pure Vidz by reducing the supply and allows people who instead believe in my project but bought into VIDZ to join in on it. I really don't see how one can rationally make the claim that I don't care about those who lost money, a 50% swap wasn't enough?

Thanks.
TheHiveMind

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Asphyxia has gone well above the call of duty these last few days in my opinion. Answering repetitive and often asinine questions and being patient with a bunch of people in the forums is not easy. He has shown professionalism and continued efforts in being transparent. Moreover a 50 percent burn is more than generous. Skepticism is warranted in this space, but give it some time.

~ The Hive ~
pancakesmister

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:50:21 PM

asphyxia
We see that you are doing a great job.
I personally am very impressed with your communication and technical skills.

Ignore the haters!
Go Novus Go!  Cool Cool Cool
asphyxia (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:31:52 AM

Hey,

To give everyone an update on the current affairs of things the main crowdfunding site has just been updated so you can enable two factor on your account in the security tab and password resets will be added tomorrow as well under the security tab. Dynamic and I have already started work on PFIX (Phase I) and Shaikat is currently looking into some research regarding our approach to how the database will be indexed in Phase IV.

We're already at 24.27 BTC and it's only been a little over 48 hours,
Thanks for the continued support!
chronek

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:31:22 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 10:49:29 AM by chronek

still believe that you are the same person like vidz

and you think that split for a story

and now untill your ico ends

i believe no news from the other dev
which is you final

Why he would do that? For second crowdfund? PVidz had the same goals and work was done, why he would gather money for the same work, when he can use pvidz sources?

He said that he will deliver better forum service (fun service) his communication skills are worth every penny

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
pol5
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:49:02 AM

Hello . I want to participate in crowdfunding project novus. I can send the coins vidz  to exchanges? Local wallet to use for participation? how it will be possible to recover the password from novus? no buttons to restore the password to the crowdfunding site. ( Sorry for my English )   Smiley
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:45:15 PM

Hello dev, I can do Vietnamese translation for bounty. Pm me if im accepted Cheesy
iefken

Activity: 280

Live by your own rules

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:53:34 PM

which is you final

Why he would do that? For second crowdfund? PVidz had the same goals and work was done, why he would gather money for the same work, when he can use pvidz sources?

He said that he created second project just to do better forum service (fun service) his communication skills are worth every penny

wow, so one just needs to be able to speak some coherent English and you are ready to throw money at him....

good to know that the adage that "a fool and his money are soon parted" still holds true.....
Is there a thread you don't spam with your bs?
Anyway, Invested my own part, will see where it goes. Just hope these damn pokemons will die by the time your project is going places...
asphyxia (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

Hello . I want to participate in crowdfunding project novus. I can send the coins vidz  to exchanges? Local wallet to use for participation? how it will be possible to recover the password from novus? no buttons to restore the password to the crowdfunding site. ( Sorry for my English )   Smiley

Once you sign up and read the instructions on the crowdfunding page it should answer the majority of your questions. It's not required to use a valid email but using one will help if password recovery is required. If you haven't used a valid email and need to recover your password you can PM me on bct or DM me on Discord and I will ask you some questions about your account to verify ownership. I strongly suggest if you do make a deposit to enable two factor to secure your account.

Hello dev, I can do Vietnamese translation for bounty. Pm me if im accepted Cheesy

Thanks for the offer, I'll be in touch if we need a Vietnamese translation.
leepfrog

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:14:46 PM

which is you final

He said that he created second project just to do better forum service (fun service) his communication skills are worth every penny

wow, so one just needs to be able to speak some coherent English and you are ready to throw money at him....

good to know that the adage that "a fool and his money are soon parted" still holds true.....
Is there a thread you don't spam with your bs?
Anyway, Invested my own part, will see where it goes. Just hope these damn pokemons will die by the time your project is going places...

It is a public forum and even pokemons deserve life and be able to speak their mind. He has a troubled young mind granted but he will be aboard by the end, all us greedy investors will.
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 07:06:10 PM

Isn't it amazing how fast those people who claim to value transparency quickly sell out on it implying I shouldn't have been transparent about me leaving? You can claim that my announcement made people lose money, sure but one can also claim that I'm at least half if not more responsible for the early success of Pure Vidz which made a lot of people money.

Secondly, those who supported Pure Vidz directly through the crowdfund reaped the rewards of its success still to this day at 5x. When you buy in afterwards on the exchanges to me what it should imply is that you believe in the project to succeed. When I left in terms of development nothing should have changed other than speed. A team's success should not be contingent on one person especially when that one person isn't even the "leader" of the team and the leader isn't willing to compromise their ideas.

So, don't blame me for the current state of affairs or the state of the free market because for those who don't believe in Pure Vidz I've offered them a swap. This swap provides no funding for Novus what so ever, it supports Pure Vidz by reducing the supply and allows people who instead believe in my project but bought into VIDZ to join in on it. I really don't see how one can rationally make the claim that I don't care about those who lost money, a 50% swap wasn't enough?

Thanks.
Well you've made your point that Purevidz cant blame you on what will or what is happening on them since you're not a major part of their team. But a team can easily fail when it is broken. By the way, a 50% swap is more than enough for both you to raise both of your project.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
DanDan

Activity: 739

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:15:10 PM

Thanks.
Well you've made your point that Purevidz cant blame you on what will or what is happening on them since you're not a major part of their team. But a team can easily fail when it is broken. By the way, a 50% swap is more than enough for both you to raise both of your project.
A 50% swap does nothing to raise funds for either projects.
It does reduce supply of VIDz and thus helping those that just can't let go.
I am still on the fence here.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
chronek

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:53:20 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 08:04:43 PM by chronek

How you feel about raising crowdfunding for work what was done in PV just was not released? Will dev here abbandon Novus after last crowdfund stage just before releasing, like in PV? He would have money from both crowdfund, premine and frozed "burned" wallets.. And because drop of project he could start third one and i think he would still success in crowdfunding too.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
DanDan

Activity: 739

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:24:04 PM

How you feel about raising crowdfunding for work what was done in PV just was not released? Will dev here abbandon Novus after last crowdfund stage just before releasing, like in PV? He would have money from both crowdfund, premine and frozed "burned" wallets.. And because drop of project he could start third one and i think he would still success in crowdfunding too.

How on earth do I know what the dev will or will not do lol
Here I'll give you my opinion, the dev of novus has shown a cool character and excellent work.
His part in moving on from Vidz has been repaid by not crushing the market with his millions of coins that could have been sold for a lot of btc. Not greedy but has vision is my opinion of him.
You don't get money from burned coins, you lose money and lots of it Cheesy
We should all make educated decisions and based on our due diligence and research into a potential project we may invest in, take it from there.
I win more than I lose doing the above, will I here?
We'll see in time.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
chronek

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:34:52 PM

There is no way to burn coin. They just send them to another wallet and said that will not use them, but who knows...

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
asphyxia (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:09:00 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 09:20:44 PM by asphyxia

There is no way to burn coin. They just send them to another wallet and said that will not use them, but who knows...

No it's absolutely not as simple as "[we] said that [we] will not use them"

No one has the private key for the address and generating is mathematically impossible. You can read this in the past discussions in this thread and in fact you can generate the address the same way I did if you would so like:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1781895.msg17876129#msg17876129

Counter Party did the exact same thing
The Counterparty proof-of-burn was set up so that anyone who sent bitcoin to the address 1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr during the one-time burn period in January 2014 automatically received XCP in return in proportion to the amount of bitcoin they burnt. This ensured that all 2,648,755 XCP that will ever exist were created and distributed in a fair, transparent and public manner.

How do we know the burnt bitcoins cannot be used again?

The reason the bitcoins used in Counterparty’s proof-of burn are now gone forever is that the burn address is demonstrably a made up bitcoin address, instead of being created together with the corresponding private key that would be required to spend the burnt coins.

https://blockchain.info/address/1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr
chronek

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:40:46 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 05:52:53 AM by chronek

No one has the private key for the address and generating is mathematically impossible.

I still not understand why some encoding from decoded name is proof.. (i am not crypto dev guy). But thx for link, was nice discussion there. Math can cover everything..
Are you think that PVidz dev will show back or not?

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:06:02 AM

This ones going to be interesting.  Wink

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

The only part that's fun about gambling is when you win. Other than that, people might say the challenge is interesting, and most people enjoy the challenge, but the name of the game is win.
Ankara
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:58:28 AM

No one has the private key for the address and generating is mathematically impossible.

I still not understand why some encoding from decoded name is proof.. (i am not crypto dev guy). But thx for link, was nice discussion there. Math can cover everything..
Are you think that PVidz dev will show back or not?

Then if you don't understand you should research until you do or just not bother trying to understand. You couldn't have more proof if it jumped up and took an eye out. Vidz dev should show himself and so it says on the 'vidz thread, he will on the 25th. Guess we will all wait and see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: