Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:32:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin [FTC]  (Read 460454 times)
duff_lesterny

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 06:19:45 AM

Thank you very much for the setup. Happy mining to all.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tracercho

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 10:10:08 AM

Hello guys,
My ftc-core wallet can't sign my transactions and they are not visible in the blockchain.
I've tried to raise the fee, but without success.
Any ideas what to do?
Thanks!
Crypto Invester

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 12, 2020, 02:09:19 PM

Hey,

I would like to report the following. At the moment, everyone who holds the coin is being scammed by the team behind feathercoin and the exchanges where the coin is sold. To explain the above approach: I own feathercoin that I keep on litebit.eu. I cannot access my funds while it is my property. I have indicated to litebit that I want to transfer the coin to my wallet, but I get the following feedback. Litebit indicates that the coin's creator Peter Bushnell has sent requests to all exchanges where feathercoin is traded, such as litebit.eu, to block people's funds from withdrawing. This is so strange to me, while I have given my money and the currency is my possession, the exchanges can decide, together with the maker of the currency, to refuse withdrawal. If this is true, my question is, why did Peter Bushnell send such an absurd request to the exchanges to block people's funds from withdrawing. There is some weird behind this and all I think is the cash out scam acts. Litebit and the other exchanges are going to sell the funds of people holding it on the exchange when people are blocked from withdrawing their own assets. a big spike will surely come and they will take action. Or the spike to 20 satoshis is now being laundered through people's funds.
bushstar (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 07:36:24 PM

Hey,

I would like to report the following. At the moment, everyone who holds the coin is being scammed by the team behind feathercoin and the exchanges where the coin is sold. To explain the above approach: I own feathercoin that I keep on litebit.eu. I cannot access my funds while it is my property. I have indicated to litebit that I want to transfer the coin to my wallet, but I get the following feedback. Litebit indicates that the coin's creator Peter Bushnell has sent requests to all exchanges where feathercoin is traded, such as litebit.eu, to block people's funds from withdrawing. This is so strange to me, while I have given my money and the currency is my possession, the exchanges can decide, together with the maker of the currency, to refuse withdrawal. If this is true, my question is, why did Peter Bushnell send such an absurd request to the exchanges to block people's funds from withdrawing. There is some weird behind this and all I think is the cash out scam acts. Litebit and the other exchanges are going to sell the funds of people holding it on the exchange when people are blocked from withdrawing their own assets. a big spike will surely come and they will take action. Or the spike to 20 satoshis is now being laundered through people's funds.

Peter Bushnell here. All exchanges have been asked to restore deposits again. I asked exchanges to disable deposits while they upgrade all upgrade their wallets to the latest version and we upgrade the 51% attack protection to a new version. There was a period where the protection was disabled and we did not want exchanges to be attacked during that period.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Crypto Invester

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 10:42:21 AM

Hey,

Peter Bushnell here. All exchanges have been asked to restore deposits again. I asked exchanges to disable deposits while they upgrade all upgrade their wallets to the latest version and we upgrade the 51% attack protection to a new version. There was a period where the protection was disabled and we did not want exchanges to be attacked during that period.

Dear Peter,
I work for a detective agency in the Netherlands. My knowledge is broad and therefore I would like to make the following known to you. The moment the currency was blocked by the exchanges for customers to withdraw and / or sell ... at that point a supply of feacthercoin coins was dumped on the market causing the price of feathercoin to drop to 20 satoshis. We thus suspect that the blocking of client funds and the dump on the exchanges and the price hike afterwards, which has resulted in 400% profit for someone, i assume the exchanges, are fraudulent practices that need further investigation. We are aware that the exchanges have dumped coins in the market that was not owned by the exchanges but owned by the customers. Litebit.eu has already indicated that the above assignment was ordered by you, this has also been confirmed by you. We will continue to gather information from customers to take steps on these fradulous collaborative practices with the exchanges.

To help us further in our investigation, we would like to ask customers who have an account with bittrex and litebit.eu and who had feathercoin in their possession before May 1 to report this to us, as the facts can then be presented more quickly.

loyalbits@gmail.com is my private email where people who feel duped by these practices can leave their report and the report will be included in a report to FIOD.

Kind regards.
Crypto Invester

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 10:53:44 AM

Customers who have also purchased feathercoin coins after May 1 and have not sold them before October and still have the coins in their possession can also report to us.
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 12:50:20 AM

Hey,

Dear Peter,
I work for a detective agency in the Netherlands. My knowledge is broad and therefore I would like to make the following known to you. The moment the currency was blocked by the exchanges for customers to withdraw and / or sell ... at that point a supply of feacthercoin coins was dumped on the market causing the price of feathercoin to drop to 20 satoshis. We thus suspect that the blocking of client funds and the dump on the exchanges and the price hike afterwards, which has resulted in 400% profit for someone, i assume the exchanges, are fraudulent practices that need further investigation. We are aware that the exchanges have dumped coins in the market that was not owned by the exchanges but owned by the customers. Litebit.eu has already indicated that the above assignment was ordered by you, this has also been confirmed by you. We will continue to gather information from customers to take steps on these fradulous collaborative practices with the exchanges.

To help us further in our investigation, we would like to ask customers who have an account with bittrex and litebit.eu and who had feathercoin in their possession before May 1 to report this to us, as the facts can then be presented more quickly.

loyalbits@gmail.com is my private email where people who feel duped by these practices can leave their report and the report will be included in a report to FIOD.

Kind regards.

What are you even talking about man. Exchanges closed deposits and withdraws due to an upgrade which is a common practice to avoid complications while the network updates to the newest version. Also not your keys not your coins, if you dont like that you cant move your coins during these times, keep your coins in your local wallet. Whatever you are trying to do here, just stop.

Edit*: New account with 9 posts which are all trash, so probably a troll account, you seem to like bashing random topics dont you?

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
TillKoeln
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1051

unnamed.Exchange, join the Cool Kids!!!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2020, 08:58:58 PM

bitFlowers

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 04:59:07 AM

What's the affiliation with Phoenix coin?
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2020, 05:27:00 PM

What's the affiliation with Phoenix coin?

Not much currently. There used to be a formal partnership back in 2013. NeoScrypt was developed and implemented initially in Phoenixcoin in 2014, later that year in Feathercoin as well. Both coins go separate ways since. I think my last contribution to the FTC development was somewhere in 2017.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
actarus

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 09:39:54 AM

Feathercoin is updated to the latest version of Bitcoin.
It means that it has exactly the same core features as Bitcoin + several differentiators such as ASIC resistant algorithm, protection againts 51%, ...
The new exchange has been enabled to offer alternatives to people interested on buying or trading Feathercoin. It is somehow better to organize it when it is quiet rather than all the attention is their.

Overtime the original developer and founder Bushstar has made amazing work. In addition to recently join the Bitcoin core developer team, he is still active today on Feathercoin and working on the following subject:
- Regular alignment of Feathercoin Core with Bitcoin core. Current version is 0.18.1
- As part of the OMNI foundation, Peter is currently adapting the OMNI layer to run it over feathercoin in order to get faster network and higher capacity. Thanks to Feathercoin 1 minute block time.
If you look at the Hashrate, you can see that Feathercoin for more than 2 years as a hashrate average of 6 Ghz. This power is equivalent to 6,000 high-end GPU. In other words it means that Feathercoin is currently mined by a big actor. We don't exactly who is behind but we know that something big is happening.

We truly believe that the volumes on Feathercoin will reach new highs in the future and we definitely need new Exchange to offer new investor a chance to buy and sell Feathercoin.

OmniFeather now available. This adds OmniLayer to Feathercoin, the first non-Bitcoin blockchain to add it.
https://twitter.com/Feathercoin/status/1326882351796813824

This is great news!

coinprince

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 02:58:59 PM

Coin market cap - Circulating Supply is wrong?

coingecko and explorer showing - 235,782,198. But coinmarketcap shows wrong info?
duff_lesterny

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 12:32:20 PM

Coin market cap - Circulating Supply is wrong?

coingecko and explorer showing - 235,782,198. But coinmarketcap shows wrong info?

Yes correct. CMC is wrong. Just ask them to correct according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ftc/api.dws?q=circulating
podpod

Activity: 442
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 11:53:48 AM

ATH = $1.29 
NOW = $0.014

Safe to say that feathercoin has been blown away with the wind....
kriptokyng

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2021, 03:45:51 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2021, 03:49:03 AM by kriptokyng

Feathercoin Mining Pool

Stratum Settings:
https://kriptokyng.com/#ftc/connect
https://kriptokyng.com/#ftc/stats

No registration is required, your payouts are in the currency that you mine.

.pacman.

Activity: 163
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 09:41:07 AM

ATH = $1.29 
NOW = $0.014

Safe to say that feathercoin has been blown away with the wind....

Cool story Bro!
but also 8yrs old and lead gpu pow
Alexthesalamander

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2021, 02:27:52 PM

Biggest opportunity in years accumulating FTC right now..

Buy high and sell low
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2021, 10:14:18 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 01:38:12 PM by crackfoo

Hi,
We've added Feather (FTC) to https://www.cexz.ca/ exchange.

## Exclusive partnership with https://zpool.ca ##
Mine on zpool using one of your CexZ deposit addresses and get your mining fee's waived!

==============================

Support: https://discord.gg/btHkR2NEam
Twitter: https://twitter.com/_cexz_

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 10:20:26 PM

Biggest opportunity in years accumulating FTC right now..

Is there still ongoing developments in FTC? I am seeing that their market was making some movement in the past month and up until now, reaching at least 4 cents today. At least this old coin is still surviving. I remember collecting free FTC coins from faucets before. However, its price has already gone down a lot. But still, they have 2 markets - bittrex and crex.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/feathercoin#markets
duff_lesterny

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 07:49:56 AM

Since NFTs are now in the latest omnifeather release (active on block 3,624,000 around the 12th of april), an update of the Feathercoin details has been published here https://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/9390/what-feathercoin-offers-with-links-and-explanations

See a recap here below:

Feathercoin Under the Hood (how it operates)

NeoScrypt Algorithm - This is the algorithm used in solving a block (aka mining) and is then instrumental in moving from one set of currency transactions in the block chain to the next. A white paper is available at http://phoenixcoin.org/archive/neoscrypt_v1.pdf - and the implementation is at https://github.com/ghostlander/NeoScrypt

Current Generation ASIC resistance - The NeoScrypt algorithm is designed to use enough resources, in this case memory, such that current ASICs cannot mine Feathercoin. ASICs are a dedicated circuit board to just mine coins. Creating a dedicated circuit board to mine feathercoin would take considerable investment. For a little more detail at http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/2156/why-ftc-is-asic-resistent-for-beginners-requesting-feedback

Advanced Checkpointing - This is a method used to prevent network attacks on the currency. Details are provided at http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/2709/advanced-checkpointing-released there is also more information in the feathercoin wallet guide https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#advanced-checkpointing-acp

336,000,000 Total Coins
- Eventually there will be 336 million coins in circulation. This will be pretty close to done around the year 2121 (see schedule below)

1 minute target block time - This is the average amount of time it takes for a block to be mined and transactions to appear in your wallet. The software constantly adjusts the mining difficulty to keep this time consistent as mining intensity varies. Look here for a deeper explanation of block time https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@ghayas/what-does-block-time-mean-in-cryptocurrency

enhanced Hash Rate Compensation - This is a method of adjusting the difficulty of the calculation the miners must do to find a block. Difficulty is adjusted based on the speed the blocks are being found on the network and should increase as the hash power of the miners increases. eHRC uses the time it took the last 15, 120 and 480 blocks to be solved and calculates (re-targets) the difficulty after every block using that data. Difficulty in general is explained at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty a full write up on the details of eHRC can be found in the feathercoin wallet guide at https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#enhanced-hash-rate-compensation-ehrc

40 coins per block (currently) - Each feathercoin block that is mined pays the miner 40 feathercoins. Every 4 years the amount paid is cut in half. (see schedule below) details at http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/6847/block-reward-adjustment

Block halving every 2,100,000 blocks - As more and more of the feathercoin currency gets in circulation the payout of the solving a block (ie mining) is decreased. 21 million blocks is a few days short of 4 years. The intent is that miners get paid for the work in both transaction fees and from the network putting currency in circulation. As time progresses and the distribution of the source currency dries up the transaction fees become the main source of income for miners. Details on the concept can be found here https://academy.binance.com/en/glossary/halving

OmniLayer functionality - OmniFeather has been released https://github.com/OmniLayer/omnicore/releases which adds OmniLayer functionality to the Feathercoin blockchain. This allows for the creation of additional assets on the Feathercoin blockchain other than the native feathercoin. Assets can be either managed or have a fixed supply, can be introduced via crowdsale and exchanged via a decentralised exchange built into the OmniFeather protocol.

Default Feathercoin network port is 9336 - The whole Feathecoin cryptocurrency network for sending coins around and exchanging blocks runs on this port. You can retrieve the peer to peer information on various sites like this one https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/FTC

Default RPC mining port is 9337 - This is the port that is used by mining software to communicate via Remote procedure call (rpc) to a server when doing mining. Checkout the solo mining thread for an example of its use http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/9058/guide-solo-mining-for-feathercoin-and-neoscrypt

What features are available

Comments - Comments can be added to transactions. The technical details for reading them are available here http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/8640/faq-how-to-read-comments-from-the-feathercoin-blockchain further information about comments can be found here in the feathercoin wallet guide https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#comments-in-the-feathercoin-blockchain

Coin control - The coin control feature allows you to control how you spend the coins in your wallet when sending a transaction. You can choose what addresses will be the ones sending the coins and which of the coins you have received will be used. The wallet interface details for this can be found here https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#options-menu---wallet-tab

Setting up a wallet

download the software - To use feathercoin you just need software to handle receiving coins to a generated address (created by the wallet) . The same software allows you then send the coins to another address. Links are on the main page of the site at https://www.feathercoin.com/ or from github at https://github.com/FeatherCoin/Feathercoin/releases/
Setting up a server to do e-commerce and feathercoin block chain actions

Feathercoin rest API
- the feathercoin.com site has rest APIs available for full documentation see https://www.feathercoin.com/feathercoin-api/

Payment Gateway Software from gourl.io - Their site has a number of live samples and code examples on how to do commerce with their payment gateway software. Many currencies including feathercoin are supported. They have code in php and .net available (they even have a nuget package). Their site is at https://gourl.io/ and a 3rd party forum discussing them can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1043437.0

Implementing your own - If you are going to start from scratch the best place to get example code for technical reference is from the feathercoin wallet software. The code is in C++ https://github.com/FeatherCoin/Feathercoin . You can ask for further assistance in the technical development forum area https://forum.feathercoin.com/category/71/technical-development

OmniFeather

What is the Omni Layer - The Omni Layer is a communications protocol that uses the Feathercoin block chain to enable Smart Properties (tokens) and a Decentralized Exchange. A common analogy that is used to describe the relation of the Omni Layer to Feathercoin is that of HTTP to TCP/IP: HTTP, like the Omni Layer, is the application layer to the more fundamental transport and internet layer of TCP/IP, like Feathercoin.

What is OmniFeather - OmniFeather is a fast, portable Omni Layer implementation that is based off the Feathercoin codebase. This implementation requires no external dependencies extraneous to Feathercoin, and is native to the Feathercoin network just like other Feathercoin nodes. It currently supports a wallet mode and is seamlessly available on three platforms: Windows, Linux and MacOS. Omni Layer extensions are exposed via the JSON-RPC interface. Development has been consolidated on the OmniFeather product, and it is the reference client for the Omni Layer.

Compatibility with Feathercoin - OmniFeather is based on Feathercoin 0.18.4 and can be used as replacement for Feathercoin. Switching between Omni Core and Feathercoin may be supported. However, it is not advised to upgrade or downgrade to versions other than Feathercoin 0.18.4. When switching to OmniFeather , it may be necessary to reprocess Omni Layer transactions.

NFTs in OmniFeather - NFTs are non-fungible tokens. They act as a non-duplicable digital certificate of ownership for any assigned digital asset. Once the code is written, it is then minted, or permanently published, into a token on a blockchain. Once the NFT is purchased, the owner has the digital rights to resell, distribute or license the digital asset as they please. see https://digiday.com/media/wtf-is-an-nft/ for more info

NFT - Availability - Non-Fungible Tokens are not active on mainnet until block 3,624,000, this is roughly four weeks ahead of launch and should be sometime around 12 April. This feature is already live on testnet and can be tested there in preparation for mainnet launch.

Omnifeather on github - The project is located at https://github.com/OmniLayer/omnifeather

Download the software - The releases are available for download at https://github.com/OmniLayer/omnifeather/releases

Additional Resources

OmniFeather Support - If you have any questions or problems with OmniFeather please raise a GitHub issue, send an email or post questions on Telegram linked below.

GitHub - https://github.com/FeatherCoin/Feathercoin/issuesTelegram - https://t.me/FeathercoinOfficialEmail - admin@feathercoin.com

Telegram - https://t.me/FeathercoinOfficial in recent years the telegram group chat has been the go to place to talk to others active in the feathercoin community.

Discord - https://discord.com/channels/375269855160565762/382242792518451201

Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/FeatherCOin/ A subreddit to talk about everything Feathercoin related

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Feathercoin

Bitcointalk.org’s thread on feathercoin - This is a 3rd party site dedicated to crypto currency. this is the feathercoin thread in their forums https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178286.0

Block Explorer: - https://fsight.chain.tips/

API - https://www.feathercoin.com/feathercoin-api/

Mining Statistics - https://www.feathercoin.com/netstats/

Mining Calculator (CoinWarz) - https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/feathercoin-mining-calculator

Newsletter Archive -https://www.feathercoin.com/category/newsletter/

FAQ - http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/8523/faq-new-forum-member-most-asked-questions-try-here-first
Feathercoin wallet guide - https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide

Halving Schedule

Halving Date - Block Count - Coins Mined - New Block Payout

2017-07-10 - 1793040 - 168000000 - 40

2021-11-03 - 3893040 - 252000000 - 20

2026-02-27 - 5993040 - 294000000 - 10

2030-06-24 - 8093040 - 315000000 - 5

2034-10-18 - 10193040 - 325500000 - 2.5

2039-02-12 - 12293040 - 330750016 - 1.25

2043-06-08 - 14393040 - 333375008 - 0.625

2047-10-02 - 16493040 - 334687520 - 0.3125

2052-01-27 - 18593040 - 335343776 - 0.15625

2056-05-22 - 20693040 - 335671904 - 0.078125

2060-09-16 - 22793040 - 335835968 - 0.0390625

2065-01-10 - 24893040 - 335917984 - 0.01953125

2069-05-07 - 26993040 - 335959008 - 0.009765625

2073-08-31 - 29093040 - 335979520 - 0.004882813

2077-12-25 - 31193040 - 335989760 - 0.002441406

2082-04-21 - 33293040 - 335994880 - 0.001220703

2086-08-15 - 35393040 - 335997440 - 0.0006103516

2090-12-10 - 37493040 - 335998720 - 0.0003051758

2095-04-05 - 39593040 - 335999360 - 0.0001525879

Halving dates are a best guess and will need to be recalculated from time to time as the block times vary slightly. They are targeted at 1 minute per block but the average tends to run a few seconds more over time. It is possible for this to go lower than 1 minute as well as chance plays a factor.

These dates were calculate on feb 9th 2021 using 64.9 seconds per block which was a the block time average from that date back to the previous halving date. Ideally you would just look at block counts. the July 2017 block was 1793040 and every 2100000 after that it will be cut in half.

Legacy features

These are only available in Feathercoin-qt version 0.9.6.2.

Paper Wallet - A paper wallet is a document that contains copies of the public and private keys that make up a wallet. Often it will have QR codes, so that you can quickly scan them and add the keys into a software wallet to make a transaction. The feathercoin wallet provides an interface for you to get hold of the necessary keys to create one details are here https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#paper-wallet-menu as well as here http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/8650/faq-how-can-i-generate-a-feathercoin-paper-wallet-online an online tool for creating the actual paper wallet can be found here https://walletgenerator.net/?currency=Feathercoin

Stealth Addresses - Stealth Addresses are used to keep wallet to wallet transfers hidden from others despite being in a publicly available block chain. Details are available here http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/8609/faq-feathercoin-wallet-advanced-feature-stealth-addresses the feature can be found here in the feathercoin wallet guide https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#stealth-addresses

Multi Signature Address - A multi-sig address is a special kind of public key address. it has more than one private key. This means that you can create an address which no individual person can spend money from, but which instead requires every signer to agree before a payment can be made. details on using it can be found here http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/7870/guide-how-to-use-feathercoins-multi-signature-address-page the feature can be found here in the feathercoin wallet guide https://wrapperband.github.io/FeathercoinWalletGuide/#multisig-button
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: