May 01, 2024, 02:11:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 12175 12176 12177 12178 12179 12180 12181 12182 12183 12184 12185 12186 12187 12188 12189 12190 12191 12192 12193 12194 12195 12196 12197 12198 12199 12200 12201 12202 12203 12204 12205 12206 12207 12208 12209 12210 12211 12212 12213 12214 12215 12216 12217 12218 12219 12220 12221 12222 12223 12224 [12225] 12226 12227 12228 12229 12230 12231 12232 12233 12234 12235 12236 12237 12238 12239 12240 12241 12242 12243 12244 12245 12246 12247 12248 12249 12250 12251 12252 12253 12254 12255 12256 12257 12258 12259 12260 12261 12262 12263 12264 12265 12266 12267 12268 12269 12270 12271 12272 12273 12274 12275 ... 33312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370313 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:38:49 PM

What a great setup we have here. Market overwhelmingly bearish with retail shorting bitcoin to all time highs at the end of a bear market. Coin supply dwindling and swap rates rising on finex.

All we need now is a spark start a cascade of short contract capitulation, say, the opening of a wall street etf.

With all due respect to the powers that be, I don't think many of us got into Bitcoin giving a shit about Wall Street. I don't see why that should change now.

True. But for bitcoin to attract new participants it either needs a stable value or not to fuck over everyone who invested previously. A great way for that to happen is for it to function firstly as a store of value (e-gold) and then function as a working currency second.

Gold and silver have destroyed as many fortunes as they've made. I don't expect Bitcoin to behave any differently and don't see why it would.

If you cannot see what suddenly allowing the vast sea of investment capital (multi trillion dollar pool) access to btc could potentially do to the price then I can't help you. Just fifty million USD would smash the price into the stratosphere.

Big picture remains that bitcoin is an excellent assymetric financial bet to speculate upon. Why do you think all the trolls and bears are really here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 04:43:33 PM

Volume on BTC-E is nothing like yesterday though

yet. The day's not over.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:45:22 PM

What a great setup we have here. Market overwhelmingly bearish with retail shorting bitcoin to all time highs at the end of a bear market. Coin supply dwindling and swap rates rising on finex.

All we need now is a spark start a cascade of short contract capitulation, say, the opening of a wall street etf.

With all due respect to the powers that be, I don't think many of us got into Bitcoin giving a shit about Wall Street. I don't see why that should change now.

True. But for bitcoin to attract new participants it either needs a stable value or not to fuck over everyone who invested previously. A great way for that to happen is for it to function firstly as a store of value (e-gold) and then function as a working currency second.

Gold and silver have destroyed as many fortunes as they've made. I don't expect Bitcoin to behave any differently and don't see why it would.

If you cannot see what suddenly allowing the vast sea of investment capital (multi trillion dollar pool) access to btc could potentially do to the price then I can't help you. Just fifty million USD would smash the price into the stratosphere.

Big picture remains that bitcoin is an excellent assymetric financial bet to speculate upon. Why do you think all the trolls and bears are really here?

Bears and trolls are here probably to talk up their shorts, which have been considerably more successful than my long. Undecided

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:45:45 PM

a BTC-e bot is buying 10BTC a minute for an hour.. Some weird shit is happening on this exchange..

виллй poбoт?
Ezmoneyezlife

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:46:04 PM

I am a little tired and unimpressed with all those fake massive bid walls going around in circles.

We had 5 k wall on coinbase, free willy bot on btc-e, 5 k wall at bit penny stock fund (the most hilarious one, because there is 0 % risk that it will be filled)...and mickey mouse chian exchanges doing their magic as usual...

...and yet a 5 k dump on stamp would instantly bring us to 180. not to mention 26 mils of longs sitting on bitfinex since god knows when.

price barely moving for days, idiots talking about a secret rocket building in the middle of a whale conference (haha!)...

how about no?

How dare you to break wet dreams of steers praying about over9000 $ per btc without inevitable retesting of sub 200$ levels, cheesus dont like you.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:49:10 PM

I am a little tired and unimpressed with all those fake massive bid walls going around in circles.

We had 5 k wall on coinbase, free willy bot on btc-e, 5 k wall at bit penny stock fund (the most hilarious one, because there is 0 % risk that it will be filled)...and mickey mouse chian exchanges doing their magic as usual...

...and yet a 5 k dump on stamp would instantly bring us to 180. not to mention 26 mils of longs sitting on bitfinex since god knows when.

price barely moving for days, idiots talking about a secret rocket building in the middle of a whale conference (haha!)...

how about no?

How dare you to break wet dreams of steers praying about over9000 $ per btc without inevitable retesting of sub 200$ levels, cheesus dont like you.

Well a quick look at the stamp orderbook shows a 5k purchase would drive the price up to 270.

Shorters have already shot their load. All they can do is buy the price up higher if we move up another few percentage points. Tarmi knows this better than most Smiley
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:50:58 PM

Bears and trolls are here probably to talk up their shorts, which have been considerably more successful than my long. Undecided

You have as much of an agenda as anyone then...
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:56:18 PM

how about no?

I am really sorry if all of this frustrates you
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

Coin
Explanation
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:59:45 PM

how about no?

i wonder if today we can break those 270 price point @btce, that would be interesting and discourage a lot of bear...
cyclotronmajesty

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:04:06 PM

I think the market is tangled up in knots. The only thing to get it moving again is to restart the thing. It is down from 330 6 months ago and 260 1 month ago. Nothing looks good right now. U gotta give people an incentive to get back in. A repeat of the crash would help. Bulls need to take a break.

220 does not inspire the noobs. Only the professionals who sold at 250 can get in this market.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:04:54 PM

Good point that a paper BTC derivitave (like GBTC and COIN) will attract a small but significant sum of money from investors who want to hedge against recessions and market/currency/economic crises. It's yet another tool for portfolio management.

This fact alone puts it on the radar for Wall Street, who make money selling these investment instruments to the public. They have undoubtedly "helped" the bear market due to the fact that there are so many green traders who are easy to shake out.

Think about this: Hedge funds aren't allowed to buy bull markets--in fact this is a great way to lose your job of you work for one--instead they buy down markets. When they buy, they buy low and they make sure to not mark the price up. Why would they make you rich at their expense? If the $200 level holds it's good evidence that these prices are "low" to whomever seeks to build a position in Bitcoin, and they hope to revisit higher price levels in the future.

Seeing how twitchy and hungry for good news this market is, watch everyone fat finger the margin buy button if GBTC begins trading at any price above spot.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:08:59 PM

how about no?

i wonder if today we can break those 270 price point @btce, that would be interesting and discourage a lot of bear...

We need stamp and finex to follow past 240
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:12:27 PM

how about no?

We need stamp and finex to follow past 240

i wonder if Barry https://twitter.com/barrysilbert  has something to do with this  sudden pump  Grin

PS: buying private island in Canada ?
inca
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:16:50 PM

Good point that a paper BTC derivitave (like GBTC and COIN) will attract a small but significant sum of money from investors who want to hedge against recessions and market/currency/economic crises. It's yet another tool for portfolio management.

This fact alone puts it on the radar for Wall Street, who make money selling these investment instruments to the public. They have undoubtedly "helped" the bear market due to the fact that there are so many green traders who are easy to shake out.

Think about this: Hedge funds aren't allowed to buy bull markets--in fact this is a great way to lose your job of you work for one--instead they buy down markets. When they buy, they buy low and they make sure to not mark the price up. Why would they make you rich at their expense? If the $200 level holds it's good evidence that these prices are "low" to whomever seeks to build a position in Bitcoin, and they hope to revisit higher price levels in the future.

Seeing how twitchy and hungry for good news this market is, watch everyone fat finger the margin buy button if GBTC begins trading at any price above spot.

Exactly. Which is why the huge overhang of 32000 shorts is brilliant. Relatively modest buying is all that is needed to start a nice little upswing back towards 300.
Norway

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:17:28 PM

I agree, sir. I called "Wall Street Monday" more than a week ago, but it didn't happen. I still believe the "launch" will be planned and timed by central players, but I will never try to predict the timing. Ever. Again.  Wink
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:20:49 PM

I agree, sir. I called "Wall Street Monday" more than a week ago, but it didn't happen. I still believe the "launch" will be planned and timed by sentral players, but I will never try to predict the timing. Ever. Again.  Wink

cmon now... you are scaring the bears. they still has hope that price will hit lower than 200 at least once so they can buy cover their short  Cheesy
lemmyK

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:25:37 PM

http://moneymorning.com/ext/articles/rickards/chinese-plan-to-destroy-us-dollar.php?iris=358073&ad=wc-am-cfem

but strong yuan destroyed the Chinese economy-based on the cheap people from rural areas. the way they already occurring.
for example, a large manufacturer returns to Europe, sneakers, t-shirts ...
Current blog on one man who manage a com- pany in China and have huge problems finding common people to work. After the holidays, they typically did not return because they find the third likewise paid work at home in the countryside.

Grin bitcoin must find other uses such as wash money from different versions cryptolocker Grin Grin or a new version of the Silk Road
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:26:56 PM

smart bears are waiting for double digits like I do.

you are not scaring anyone with fake bid walls and buys on illiquid exchanges.  
Norway

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:31:47 PM

I agree, sir. I called "Wall Street Monday" more than a week ago, but it didn't happen. I still believe the "launch" will be planned and timed by sentral players, but I will never try to predict the timing. Ever. Again.  Wink

cmon now... you are scaring the bears. they still has hope that price will hit lower than 200 at least once so they can buy cover their short  Cheesy

He he. If you short for over a year, and it works almost every time, it's hard to kick the habit. My strategy has always been to buy as much as I can as fast as I can. Because I can't predict the near future, but I see the long term potential of bitcoin. I'm surprised that not more big investors see it my way. Maybe I'm over rating big investors long term skills Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 12175 12176 12177 12178 12179 12180 12181 12182 12183 12184 12185 12186 12187 12188 12189 12190 12191 12192 12193 12194 12195 12196 12197 12198 12199 12200 12201 12202 12203 12204 12205 12206 12207 12208 12209 12210 12211 12212 12213 12214 12215 12216 12217 12218 12219 12220 12221 12222 12223 12224 [12225] 12226 12227 12228 12229 12230 12231 12232 12233 12234 12235 12236 12237 12238 12239 12240 12241 12242 12243 12244 12245 12246 12247 12248 12249 12250 12251 12252 12253 12254 12255 12256 12257 12258 12259 12260 12261 12262 12263 12264 12265 12266 12267 12268 12269 12270 12271 12272 12273 12274 12275 ... 33312 »
  Print  

Jump to: