May 14, 2024, 10:12:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15717 15718 15719 15720 15721 15722 15723 15724 15725 15726 15727 15728 15729 15730 15731 15732 15733 15734 15735 15736 15737 15738 15739 15740 15741 15742 15743 15744 15745 15746 15747 15748 15749 15750 15751 15752 15753 15754 15755 15756 15757 15758 15759 15760 15761 15762 15763 15764 15765 15766 [15767] 15768 15769 15770 15771 15772 15773 15774 15775 15776 15777 15778 15779 15780 15781 15782 15783 15784 15785 15786 15787 15788 15789 15790 15791 15792 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 15800 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 ... 33348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382978 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10248

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:00:19 AM

@JJG: I thought this might be the SFYL spark that got you to hodl your own BTC in your own wallet, guess not.  Undecided

JJG's seriously mixed emotions:
On one hand, his coin got stolen; on the other, BTC is tanking, so he didn't lose as much Smiley

Both of you guys are goofie in your attempt to troll and to stalk other people, merely to attempt to make fun of other people without providing any meaningful or interesting or even genuine details regarding your own BTC positions.

Don't understand. For every Bitcoin you sent to finex (to sell behind our backs, like the traitor you are), you lost ~$70 less,  now that BTC price is ~$70 lower.

Doesn't that make you feel a teeny bit better? I mean, imagine if your coins are fucking gone like they are, but, at the same time, Bitcoin also skyrocketed to $10,000 a coin. Wouldn't it hurt more?
Sure it would!
That's why you gotta count your blessings while the sun shines, JJG!

You are talking gobbledy gook, Underoos, I mean lambie.   Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:04:21 AM

Shituashun updation:

We are evaluating all the various options for addressing customer losses....before bringing the exchange online and giving people access to their accounts to withdraw/close positions.

also this

We haven't left that possibility out but are quite positive with a high degree of certainty that it was not an inside job.
It sounds like they had a very sophisticated and knowledgeable attack
Quite.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:08:51 AM

I'm betting down to somewhere around 420$ USD in the short term.  I think she'll be vigorously defended there and then rise to ATH in a long and steep bull run.

How do ya like me now JJG Cheesy

I'm not sure how to take folks who want to claim credit for some unexpected event, without even proclaiming anything in the neighborhood of such an extraneous event... and therefore, you don't get credit for the occurrence of some extraneous event when you did not say anything at all about such.

You are like throwing a dart with the lights off and you happened to hit the target.  

So fucking what?   Roll Eyes

Oh c'mon! Give me credit for a random pick that just happened to work out. You'd be impressed if I swished the hoop from half court blindfolded wouldn't you?  Kiss
Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:11:58 AM

These are trying times but I think BTC will survive as it always does. It just blows my mind why people trust exchange sites this much.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:13:05 AM

each user has their own address, so when we were hacked the bitcoin came from segregated customer wallets. Some users can see that their bitcoin was part of the theft, others can see that theirs wasn't. That's the only way to describe it.

You can check if your addresses were involved.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:14:06 AM

jj should listen to me more,lol

Jj and the others shills just do the play by play after it happens ...no foresight IMO

Two more goofballs with lame patronizing monday morning quarterbacking attempts.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   Cheesy
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:17:38 AM

These are trying times but I think BTC will survive as it always does. It just blows my mind why people trust exchange sites this much.

You would have to be pretty stupid to leave coinz on an exchange ... and more so for purpose of leasing for shorting. These exchanges go bust/get hacked at rate of 1 every 18 months or more, i.e. the interest rates needed to justify a 1 in 18 month total loss of coinz is around 75-100% per annum ...

!!!!!DO NOT LEAVE YOUR COINZ ON EXCHANGES YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:20:52 AM

The 8% price drop from 7/31 to H-hour makes a little more sense - Bitfinex hackers shorting in advance of their score.

800 million USD-worth sold, and rebought today at 70% = 240 million USD gain, if price recovers to 600-ish.

So 60 million USD gain if no rollback.  Eventual 240 million USD gain if a rollback occurs.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:24:37 AM

You would have to be pretty stupid to leave coinz on an exchange ... and more so for purpose of leasing for shorting. These exchanges go bust/get hacked at rate of 1 every 18 months or more, i.e. the interest rates needed to justify a 1 in 18 month total loss of coinz is around 75-100% per annum ...

what about the really good ones?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:25:57 AM

I'm betting down to somewhere around 420$ USD in the short term.  I think she'll be vigorously defended there and then rise to ATH in a long and steep bull run.

How do ya like me now JJG Cheesy

I'm not sure how to take folks who want to claim credit for some unexpected event, without even proclaiming anything in the neighborhood of such an extraneous event... and therefore, you don't get credit for the occurrence of some extraneous event when you did not say anything at all about such.

You are like throwing a dart with the lights off and you happened to hit the target.  

So fucking what?   Roll Eyes

Oh c'mon! Give me credit for a random pick that just happened to work out. You'd be impressed if I swished the hoop from half court blindfolded wouldn't you?  Kiss

Sure... if you concede that it is childish fun and luck, then I have no problem giving you credit for some of the prediction.

I also have no problem having fun and engaging in silly games, even when there is economic value at stake.

On the other hand, if you are trying to proclaim that you possess some kind of skill or foresight in regards to this bitcoin price prediction matter in the way that you actually carried out the prediction and your lack of specifics, then that's another story.     Tongue Tongue   Wink

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:31:48 AM

800 million USD-worth sold, and rebought today at 70% = 240 million USD gain
but one does not simply sell 1,457,328BTC on bitfinex in the morning and then rebuy in the afternoon
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:34:17 AM

what about the really good ones?

heheh, especially the "good ones" and the "too big too fail ones" ... they are like catnip for hackers, the bigger the prize the better the scent
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:36:32 AM

price is doing pretty good. considering.

i'm thinking 599
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:38:53 AM

each user has their own address, so when we were hacked the bitcoin came from segregated customer wallets. Some users can see that their bitcoin was part of the theft, others can see that theirs wasn't. That's the only way to describe it.

its worth a look if you have a address with them but...

Also how can you justify that some users get their balances marked as "stolen", while others don't?
We haven't said this is what we're going to do. In fact we haven't said what we're going to regarding this situation as we still don't know.

It's a little bit unclear for me.

I see one address that I have with Bitfinex, and it shows a couple of recent transactions on it, but they do not really add up to my balance, and it looks like there was a movement of my coins in that address about 7 hours before the Bitfinex shut down, but that does not necessarily mean that my coins were stolen....   

I think that it is really difficult to determine without Bitfinex confirming some of these matters and maybe even opening their site back up... but it's quite possible that the Bitfiinex site could be closed down for a week or longer.. who knows.. the sooner that they can get back up and running the better or at least if they can make some kind of clarifying statement in the coming days, that would probably be helpful, too.

Although I recall that sometimes in the past, they had made some pretty vague and quasi-nonsensical clarifying statements - but they had not had a breach as large as the current rumors are suggesting (if there is any semblance of truth in the current rumors).
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:42:17 AM

Also how can you justify that some users get their balances marked as "stolen", while others don't?
We haven't said this is what we're going to do. In fact we haven't said what we're going to regarding this situation as we still don't know.

I see one address that I have with Bitfinex, and it shows a couple of recent transactions on it, but they do not really add up to my balance, and it looks like there was a movement of my coins in that address about 7 hours before the Bitfinex shut down, but that does not necessarily mean that my coins were stolen....   

I think that it is really difficult to determine without Bitfinex confirming some of these matters and maybe even opening their site back up... but it's quite possible that the Bitfiinex site could be closed down for a week or longer.. who knows.. the sooner that they can get back up and running the better or at least if they can make some kind of clarifying statement in the coming days, that would probably be helpful, too.

Although I recall that sometimes in the past, they had made some pretty vague and quasi-nonsensical clarifying statements - but they had not had a breach as large as the current rumors are suggesting (if there is any semblance of truth in the current rumors).

they lost too much, i dont see them relaunching ever. i'm not being pesimitic...

this will go to court.
1-2 years later you'll get back some % of your BTC/Fiat.
i doubt anyone will come out of it with 100% money back while other lose 100%
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:44:13 AM

Jj and the others shills just do the play by play after it happens ...no foresight IMO

Two more goofballs with lame patronizing monday morning quarterbacking attempts.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   Cheesy
wtf, im fed up tryin to be nice to u...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:47:36 AM

they lost too much, i dont see them relaunching ever. i'm not being pesimitic...

this will go to court.

Still way too early to call.

I mean, let's assume they lost 50% of their holdings in customer funds, then yeah, what you say could be correct.

At this time, we do not have enough information to confirm that they lost 50% of customer funds, and we are really in the dark until Bitfinex makes some kind of clarifying statement to give us some kind of ballpark idea of the real scope of the problem (even if they are not completely transparent about it, we still need to get some thing from them or some other authority that is able to more solidly confirm the matter), and price could shoot upwards or downwards based on the disclosures of actual facts... and it is even possible that BTC prices are currently going back up somewhat in anticipation that the news is not as bad as the worse case scenarios that are currently being painted.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:50:36 AM

wtf, im fed up tryin to be nice to u...

If you had been trying to be nice, then I would like to say ditto to your statement as well.

I had been trying to be nice, too, and then you get especially severe in your patronizing and bullshit comments during market downturns and during times that are trying for a lot of bitcoin HODLers. 

This symbol is what I think of your recent behavior:   Tongue
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:52:00 AM

this will go to court.

Still way too early to call.

I mean, let's assume they lost 50% of their holdings in customer funds, then yeah, what you say could be correct.

At this time, we do not have enough information to confirm that they lost 50% of customer funds, and we are really in the dark until Bitfinex makes some kind of clarifying statement to give us some kind of ballpark idea of the real scope of the problem (even if they are not completely transparent about it, we still need to get some thing from them or some other authority that is able to more solidly confirm the matter), and price could shoot upwards or downwards based on the disclosures of actual facts... and it is even possible that BTC prices are currently going back up somewhat in anticipation that the news is not as bad as the worse case scenarios that are currently being painted.

i'm trying to find out how much BTC they held in total

i've found nothing .

I learnt that they they held 102.5% of customer deposits and have the best security ever, with 99.5% in "cold storage." lol.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2795
Merit: 1820

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:58:06 AM

this will go to court.

Think you somehow need to know your bitgo address? where funds are settled daily?

Estimating Finex's weekly volume at around BTC134k so about BTC6,968k/yr traded on finex. At ~ 0.25%fee on each trade Finex makes BTC17.5k/yr in fees. Depending how much BTC they held, and how much they have in assets, probably the best thing would be to try to run it as a fractional reserve with 50% in finexcoins.
Pages: « 1 ... 15717 15718 15719 15720 15721 15722 15723 15724 15725 15726 15727 15728 15729 15730 15731 15732 15733 15734 15735 15736 15737 15738 15739 15740 15741 15742 15743 15744 15745 15746 15747 15748 15749 15750 15751 15752 15753 15754 15755 15756 15757 15758 15759 15760 15761 15762 15763 15764 15765 15766 [15767] 15768 15769 15770 15771 15772 15773 15774 15775 15776 15777 15778 15779 15780 15781 15782 15783 15784 15785 15786 15787 15788 15789 15790 15791 15792 15793 15794 15795 15796 15797 15798 15799 15800 15801 15802 15803 15804 15805 15806 15807 15808 15809 15810 15811 15812 15813 15814 15815 15816 15817 ... 33348 »
  Print  

Jump to: