May 09, 2024, 05:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22493 22494 22495 22496 22497 22498 22499 22500 22501 22502 22503 22504 22505 22506 22507 22508 22509 22510 22511 22512 22513 22514 22515 22516 22517 22518 22519 22520 22521 22522 22523 22524 22525 22526 22527 22528 22529 22530 22531 22532 22533 22534 22535 22536 22537 22538 22539 22540 22541 22542 [22543] 22544 22545 22546 22547 22548 22549 22550 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 ... 33335 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380654 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:45:17 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2019, 12:59:04 AM by Biodom

Might do a preliminary Turbotax run this weekend or next.
Starting to expect something unpleasant:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/2/6/18214039/irs-tax-refund-withholding-trump

With btc down it would be nice to get a refund, but most report less refund or even underpay...we shall see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:46:07 AM

Is anybody disgusted with how ALL crypto goes up in unison with bitcoin, as if they are all on and the same?
This has to stop after five years of btc and others being in the public eye.
Ridiculous.

All crypto is shit except Bitcoin.  This should not come as a surprise to anyone on this board.  Metcalfe’s law, first mover advantage, natural monopoly and all that.

All shitcoin = shit and more shittie is that I probably of my +- 15% that I have in shitcoins I do own the most shittie ones, how shitF***ed is that
Gonna get myself totaly wasted on that
And thx for the MCDonald work read, I hate the F***ing shitjob here.....
I’m in year 7 of wasting time as the Guy you wrote about dammit i’m in a shitF***ed position right now SHIT

Goose

Start here.  It’s free.  Teach yourself to program.

https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101

There is BIG money for people who understand money, crypto and programming

Mic has (way more) the intelligence to learn it easily but he probably doesn't have the right "personality type" to really focus on that task. He is too much of an extrovert guy than a "nerd" even if he has some traits like his outstanding poker skills (which includes some innate math skills).

Which is probably a good thing.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12076

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:48:48 AM

Is anybody disgusted with how ALL crypto goes up in unison with bitcoin, as if they are all on and the same?
Ridiculous.

All crypto is shit except Bitcoin.  This should not come as a surprise to anyone on this board.  Metcalfe’s law, first mover advantage, natural monopoly and all that.

All shitcoin = shit and more shittie is that I probably of my +- 15% that I have in shitcoins I do own the most shittie ones, how shitF***ed is that
I’m in year 7 of wasting time as the Guy you wrote about dammit i’m in a shitF***ed position right now SHIT

Goose

My friend also wanna reach me to program, but he already helps with everything Roll Eyes
Maybe i Will do Some with him, but i’m not the best computer Guy.....
(He has the very highest degree or whatever that possible in science computer programming master or whatever how its all called..... but the real time to learn it, i know i should but man that a massive long way, i must maintain and improve my poker skills first, that actualy where i’m making my scratch, that and @mcdo’s)

But thx for the link Smiley
You’re the man HM

Gonna Ask my friend if its usefull and i Will Maybe try to work on Some programming learning stuff Wink
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:49:52 AM

I think homer should just use that uniform hat.

What is the nomenclature on that Dabs?

It's called a "Pershing Cap" or more generically "Service Cap" ... duckduckgo images shows a bunch.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pershing+cap
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:53:20 AM

Goose

The learn to code meme is dumb.  Since almost everything to do with programming can be done remotely, I'm amazed globalization hasn't gutted salaries completely.  I would guess it will keep progressing in that manner until the act of coding is doing lots of work for mediocre pay and looking like a pretty shit industry compared to many others.  This is why you see metric tons of trannies in programming nowadays.  They got tired of trying to pass themselves off as women and failing so all just started programming remotely from their house.

I'm sure more lower salary nations like China, India, Eastern Europe, etc, will continue to massively drive down wages as they hop on the programming bus with the army of trannies already there.  If you don't want to be completely displaced by global labor arbitrage, you kind of have to have some kind of skill that can't be outsourced.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:54:07 AM

There’s more jobs in tech than just dev work.  I don’t do any dev work and am not qualified to do any, but I can talk to devs and understand their challenges and aspirations and that’s really important. We need more people who can act as the bridge between techology and the real world. 

I think Mic would be awesome in sales.  And not sure where Mic is based but Brussels is a growing tech center.

But you need a certain minimum knowledge base.  Anyone who is prepared to put in 50 hours of their time can do that course (and maybe faster).  
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:54:27 AM

Ridiculous.

Goose

Mic has (way more) the intelligence to learn it easily but he probably doesn't have the right "personality" to really focus on that task. He is too much of an extrovert guy than a "nerd" even if he has some traits like his outstanding poker skills.

Thx man, still don’t make me a to smart looking Guy, Maybe i have getting things a little easy last few years, how I got introduced into crypto, how my boy took care of me with every single thing, Made every single thing for me etc
Most of this is of-course in my own hands by NOW ... probably everything (except a few thing we do together and thats running with him ....)

But thx bitserve for those kind Words

Wait till you Guys meet this lunatic @the 100K party
(Don’t Ask me to much question IRL Then) Roll Eyes haha lol
And drink Some with me and have Some good laughs Cheesy
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:56:36 AM

There’s more jobs in tech than just dev work.  I think Mic would be awesome in sales.  And not sure where Mic is based but Brussels is a growing tech center.

But you need a certain minimum knowledge base.  Anyone who is prepared to put in 50 hours of their time can do that course (and maybe faster).  

Yes. Mic would be a an outstanding sales/representative for a tech startup. Enough tech knowledge and outstanding social skills. Not that I think Mic would need it though... I guess he is fine with how he currently does.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:58:40 AM

It's called a "Pershing Cap" or more generically "Service Cap" ... duckduckgo images shows a bunch.

Hey man it suits you very well Wink
Welcome HAT carrier Cheesy

Good gonna save my strenght and dive into my HODLcrib next to me HODLchick
And looking forward to catch Some good wel earned BOOZE tomorrow
Good night WO’s and enjoy the sparkling green for NOW its here Cheesy

Edit: btw I think I can handle sales very well 1K burgers only today NOW what about that
Still for tech bitserve.... I think I can really learn from almost every regular poster of the WO thread
But I Will do my best always

And F*** even my girl can do Some programming Smiley
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:00:51 AM

Yes. Mic would be a an outstanding sales/representative for a tech startup. Enough tech knowledge and outstanding social skills. Not that I think Mic would need it though... I guess he is fine with how he currently does.

That’s exactly the sort of thing Mic should do.  Go to tech meet ups.  Find a small start up and take a small equity position (like 1%) and help them with sales. He can do it part time, 5 hours a week.

Use that experience on your resume to jump to a more established start up in six months time.  Maybe even get paid a wage at that point.  Keep building your experience and jumping up the ladder.  

Enthusiasm and hard work is 99% of the game at that point.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:03:27 AM

Regardless, the whole "learn to code" thing could probably be considered a decent investment in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, but now with full blown global labor arbitrage everywhere, it doesn't seem like that great of a position when you have to compete with people who will work for 1/4th to 1/10th of what you will.  The effectiveness of tariffs to stop the work from being outsourced is much lower than other fields too.  

Have you looked at the video game industry and whole 'app store' bullshit lately?  It's an obvious huge bubble as well.  90% of these game devs are going to be getting the axe or going bankrupt and it will be far more brutal than the old Atari era industry crashes.  We are currently at the trough of the commodity super cycle (no, bitcoin is not a real commodity), so people invested in real world goods and industry should be making a killing soon while 'intellectual capital' will probably be taking a major hit.

Of course when I say "industry", I don't mean index stocks where the PE ratio is completely laughable like Amazon and everything else.  I mean the rise of commodity prices in general and people who benefit from that like miners and others.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:09:53 AM

That’s exactly the sort of thing Mic should do.  Go to tech meet ups.  Find a small start up and take a small equity position (like 1%) and help them with sales. He can do it part time, 5 hours a week.

Use that experience on your resume to jump to a more established start up in six months time.  Maybe even get paid a wage at that point.  Keep building your experience and jumping up the ladder.  

Enthusiasm and hard work is 99% of the game at that point.

Except I don't think he needs it. But yes, he could do it for sure.

I see him more like creating his own blockchain hedge fund or enterprise in the future or something like that....
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:11:39 AM

Roach I’m not telling him to be a coder.  

I’m telling him to get a basic level of skill so he can work in the tech industry.

I have to hire people with tech skills and wages are through the roof right now because the particular skill set is so damn rare you have to grow your own, and then your competitors steal them.  

Autists with tech skills are easy to find.  People skills people who can’t do tech are easy to find.   People skills people with tech skills are extremely valuable.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:13:09 AM

I see him more like creating his own blockchain hedge fund in the future or something like that....

He's already all-in on imaginary, valueless shitcoins.  Not the greatest idea to both train for a job in that while being all-in invested at the same time.  Then when the shitcoin industry implodes, you suddenly have zero money in your wallet and your skills are now also worth zero.  Have to diversify somewhere.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:13:37 AM

Except I don't think he needs it. But yes, he could do it for sure.

I see him more like creating his own blockchain hedge fund or enterprise in the future or something like that....

Sure. But we all gotta start somewhere.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:14:06 AM

Hey man it suits you very well Wink
Welcome HAT carrier Cheesy

Good gonna save my strenght and dive into my HODLcrib next to me HODLchick
And looking forward to catch Some good wel earned BOOZE tomorrow
Good night WO’s and enjoy the sparkling green for NOW its here Cheesy

Edit: btw I think I can handle sales very well 1K burgers only today NOW what about that
Still for tech bitserve.... I think I can really learn from almost every regular poster of the WO thread
But I Will do my best always

And F*** even my girl can do Some programming Smiley

The best place for anyone who is good at sales is, without a doubt, the good ol' USA.
Good salespersons are one of the most important people in most companies, because...they bring in the dough.
Compensation usually follows.

I’m telling him to get a basic level of skill so he can work in the tech industry.

I have to hire people with tech skills and wages are through the roof right now because the particular skill set is so damn rare you have to grow your own, and then your competitors steal them. 

Autists with tech skills are easy to find.  People skills people who can’t do tech are easy to find.   People skills people with tech skills are extremely valuable.

Bingo!
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:16:02 AM

Autists with tech skills are easy to find.  People skills people who can’t do tech are easy to find.   People skills people with tech skills are extremely valuable.

You don't need anyone in Spain do you? Anyways, I am aware my social skills pale in comparison to those of the great Mic.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:17:54 AM

You're speaking from a pre-bubble implosion position.  This is the eve before 2008 before everything goes off a cliff again, except probably far worse this time.  I talked to some Australian the other day that was making decent money making ENDLESS RUNNER phone video games.  This is the worst type of video game that exists, yet he's somehow making decent cash making them (entirely subsidized by advertising which is currently imploding).  

Plan for the future, not the present.  There will soon be zero demand for people like that and talent will flood the market like a torrent.  Things are like the exact opposite of how people such as Anonymint describe them.  He says the future is a knowledge age where intellectual capital is king.  He seems to have overlooked when the economy blows up, nobody actually needs people who make endless runner video games, but people still need the same amount of plumbing work and everything else done.  So intellectual capital people are going to be the ones kinda getting obliterated in the short and medium term at least.

You're not really safe in the short or medium term unless you're doing something related to the base of Maslow's Pyramid.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:30:10 AM

Ridiculous.

Goose

Mic has (way more) the intelligence to learn it easily but he probably doesn't have the right "personality" to really focus on that task. He is too much of an extrovert guy than a "nerd" even if he has some traits like his outstanding poker skills.

Thx man, still don’t make me a to smart looking Guy, Maybe i have getting things a little easy last few years, how I got introduced into crypto, how my boy took care of me with every single thing, Made every single thing for me etc
Most of this is of-course in my own hands by NOW ... probably everything (except a few thing we do together and thats running with him ....)

But thx bitserve for those kind Words

Wait till you Guys meet this lunatic @the 100K party
(Don’t Ask me to much question IRL Then) Roll Eyes haha lol
And drink Some with me and have Some good laughs Cheesy

I just hope we are still young when the $100K party comes. It will be almost surreal if it ever comes to reality. There's a chance though.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:43:34 AM

!!!!! speechless...
Never had you for a gamer r0ach.

Yes, it's shocking to see someone mention video games on a forum solely composed of scammers, pump and dump scammers, programmer scammers, and people who play video games that discovered it might be possible to make money with their idle GPU.
Pages: « 1 ... 22493 22494 22495 22496 22497 22498 22499 22500 22501 22502 22503 22504 22505 22506 22507 22508 22509 22510 22511 22512 22513 22514 22515 22516 22517 22518 22519 22520 22521 22522 22523 22524 22525 22526 22527 22528 22529 22530 22531 22532 22533 22534 22535 22536 22537 22538 22539 22540 22541 22542 [22543] 22544 22545 22546 22547 22548 22549 22550 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 ... 33335 »
  Print  

Jump to: