March 19, 2024, 04:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 22471 22472 22473 22474 22475 22476 22477 22478 22479 22480 22481 22482 22483 22484 22485 22486 22487 22488 22489 22490 22491 22492 22493 22494 22495 22496 22497 22498 22499 22500 22501 22502 22503 22504 22505 22506 22507 22508 22509 22510 22511 22512 22513 22514 22515 22516 22517 22518 22519 22520 [22521] 22522 22523 22524 22525 22526 22527 22528 22529 22530 22531 22532 22533 22534 22535 22536 22537 22538 22539 22540 22541 22542 22543 22544 22545 22546 22547 22548 22549 22550 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 ... 33173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330465 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:50:56 AM

Wait, twitter jack jack?

There's a pretty big divergence in the money changer powers going on.  You have Twitter fucktard, Marxist Jew servant Jack Dorsey telling people bitcoin is the greatest thing ever, while Alex Jones said today (2/6/19) that bitcoin "is a scam".  Alex Jones used to have a lot of truth on his show, but has since reduced the truth levels significantly and now tells blatant lies like "the Chinese run the media and Hollywood".  No, Alex Jones, the Chinese do not run the media and Hollywood.

It's pretty obvious to any non-retard that both Dorsey and Alex Jones are constantly shilling and covering up for Jews 24/7, yet each one is taking a completely opposing stance on bitcoin now.  My personal theory about Jack Dorsey would be that he has more technical knowledge than Alex Jones and the reason Jack Dorsey is hyping mostly Lightning Network and not even bitcoin is that he knows the Lightning Network will be just like I said - a permissioned ledger recreation of the already existing banking system on the blockchain.

So assuming these fucktards can force Lightning Network on people somehow, it's essentially the already existing banking system while accomplishing their eternal goal of removing the human right of physical cash.  There is no winning with digital shitcoins; they will all be transformed towards evil goals like this resembling the Chinese social credit score system.  The only logical move is to boycott all of them and use physical metals instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeSoCo

Activity: 51
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:59:22 AM

Sometimes I think how difficult to use Bitcoin for newcomers and it could be a barrier to mass adoption. I'm alright now:

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:12:15 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2019, 02:33:22 AM by realr0ach

Bitcoin is becoming increasingly decentralized. Compare how the situation has changed in less than five years with the distribution of hashrate among mining pools.
We are going in the right direction! Cheesy

This is bullshit though because you have no way of knowing if the same person owns multiple pools or not, or if a cartel of different actors all colludes together even if they aren't the same people.  Just like the current banking system for instance.  People that have studied the topography of the traditional banking network claim there's not multiple banks but just a "one bank".  So the traditional banking system already does this obfuscation, which designed to centralize bitcoin will inevitably do as well.  

This is one reason bitcoin DOES NOT solve the Byzantine generals problem.  You can theoretically have 10 different shell pools all owned by one guy or cartel and be under 51% attack 24/7 with nobody able to verify if it's true or not. The burden of proof isn't for others to prove bitcoin is centralized, it's for bitcoin to be able to prove it's not, but it has no possible way to do so.  Just the act of double spends not occurring proves nothing.  It can still be a monopoly the entire time.  Centralized transaction validators having the ability to blacklist transactions (permissioned ledger) is just as big of a problem as double spends anyway.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2754

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:56:53 AM

4 main metrics to look at imo: Ethnicity (white of whatever variety), language (something civilized (english)), culture (NO WELFARE), and taxation on bitcoin.

Looking into it myself, but at the end of the day the only way to know for sure if a given country works is to go there and live for a while.

As a US citizen, my only real options to reduce Bitcoin tax burden would be to ditch my citizenship or move to Puerto Rico. However, as jbreher mentioned, now would be the time to move to PR, while we're in the depths of a bear market.

I'd like to move out of the US, at least temporarily, just for the experience. But I have a baby now, which complicated things further.
Bring your anchor baby with you. That's what the anchor fucking means.

Huh
What? Babies go where the parents go.

Yes. But at least 'round these parts, the term anchor baby refers to a kid born to an illegal alien upon US soil. Such an event entitles the baby to automatic US Citizenship status. This provides a tie for the rest of the family to argue for US legal resident status. Thereby, 'anchor'.

Such a term is clearly inapplicable to infofront's current situation with an already-born child. Nevermind the fact that it seems likely infofront is already US-ian.

This.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:08:24 AM

He's a fairly well known guy in the bitcoin twittersphere. I think he's basically a bitcoin maximalist. He's just been a little overbearing in his pain forecasts.

What about if the r0ach hypothesis of the market is accurate, then is it bearish?  That a single entity on Bitfinex has controlled the price all the way from $200 to $20,000 and I'm leaning towards the identity of that entity being Bitmain.  If the identity of this entity was Bitmain and Bitmain implodes, bankrupts, or has no money to pump it anymore, then how is bitcoin going to be artificially manipulated to a bazillion dollars each with no Bitmain to rig it there?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 4815

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:14:21 AM

(How'd I do?? I've been working on my JJG impersonation)

Not bad. Now that I think about it, I recall the chronology of the events being something like;

1) Me making snarky response to JJG being "wordy-man" with his posting style
2) JJG doesn't take it too well and makes some veiled and limp-wristed homophobic rebuttal
3) I don't take kindly to those types of ignorant folk
4) Ignored
5) Wanted to punch the guy in the fucking face ever since

Well thats just Gay. Tongue

There is no hate on my end.  Bob just possesses a lack of tolerance to anyone who won't suck his tiny penis that he wants peeps to believe is bery bery bery BIG.     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wait, this is even gayer. Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:16:50 AM
Merited by Ibian (1)

4 main metrics to look at imo: Ethnicity (white of whatever variety), language (something civilized (english)), culture (NO WELFARE), and taxation on bitcoin.

Looking into it myself, but at the end of the day the only way to know for sure if a given country works is to go there and live for a while.

As a US citizen, my only real options to reduce Bitcoin tax burden would be to ditch my citizenship or move to Puerto Rico. However, as jbreher mentioned, now would be the time to move to PR, while we're in the depths of a bear market.

I'd like to move out of the US, at least temporarily, just for the experience. But I have a baby now, which complicated things further.

Huh

Yes. But at least 'round these parts, the term anchor baby refers to a kid born to an illegal alien upon US soil. Such an event entitles the baby to automatic US Citizenship status. This provides a tie for the rest of the family to argue for US legal resident status. Thereby, 'anchor'.

Such a term is clearly inapplicable to infofront's current situation with an already-born child. Nevermind the fact that it seems likely infofront is already US-ian.

This.

I doubt that Ibian is unaware of the USA political usage of the term "anchor baby," and likely, he purposefully used the term in different way, perhaps in order to cause some definitional distress from various readers, as a kind of joke.  And, maybe the joke has become a bit more funny because of jbreher's perception of a necessity to explain the current USA political usage of the term "anchor baby?"

Jokes are not so good when explained, but as you may recall, infofront had already said that he could not travel as easily, in part, because of baby, which could imply that said baby is anchoring down infofront's mobility. 

Literal rather than political definition of an "anchor baby." 

I better not attempt to explain more because the joke is going to become even less funny, perhaps?    Cry Cry Cry
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:19:54 AM

He's a fairly well known guy in the bitcoin twittersphere. I think he's basically a bitcoin maximalist. He's just been a little overbearing in his pain forecasts.

What about if the r0ach hypothesis of the market is accurate, then is it bearish?  That a single entity on Bitfinex has controlled the price all the way from $200 to $20,000 and I'm leaning towards the identity of that entity being Bitmain.  If the identity of this entity was Bitmain and Bitmain implodes, bankrupts, or has no money to pump it anymore, then how is bitcoin going to be artificially manipulated to a bazillion dollars each with no Bitmain to rig it there?

Stop trying to claim credit for a theory that is shared by a lot of other reddit nutjobs.  The bitfinex manipulation theory.  Can read a thousand versions of such theory on reddit with such minor variations that they all boil down to nearly the same thing, which, in essence, is pie in the sky making up shit.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:34:13 AM

Wait, twitter jack jack? Hm. Maybe some of his questionable actions are just a result of being in a tough position.

Why?  Jack is a bitcoin maximalist, and considers other coins to be shit/scams.  He is the owner of twitter, but also Square.  So many of the references that he is making is regarding square, rather than twitter, even though there may be some overlap in the future, too.  

In other words, his bitcoin maximalist stance seems to be following a similar ideology as the vast plurality of active participants of this thread.   No?  What's strange about that?

Supporting Bitcoin is not questionable at all of course.

Twitter's banning of accounts not repeating the left-wing kumbaya propaganda is. Ibian implies that Jack's hand may be tied on that one.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:39:19 AM

What about if the r0ach hypothesis of the market is accurate, then is it bearish?

That would be bullish in the medium term.

That a single entity on Bitfinex has controlled the price all the way from $200 to $20,000 and I'm leaning towards the identity of that entity being Bitmain.  If the identity of this entity was Bitmain and Bitmain implodes, bankrupts, or has no money to pump it anymore, then how is bitcoin going to be artificially manipulated to a bazillion dollars each with no Bitmain to rig it there?

Bitfinex has some influence on the market insofar as their Tether printing goes. They can manage that without Bitmain or anyone else, except maybe some crooked accountants.
You're always on about bitfinex controlling the market. They rank #44 in 24 hour volume on coinmarketcap. What am I missing?
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:40:25 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2019, 03:55:11 AM by realr0ach

Stop trying to claim credit for a theory that is shared by a lot of other reddit nutjobs.  The bitfinex manipulation theory.  Can read a thousand versions of such theory on reddit with such minor variations that they all boil down to nearly the same thing, which, in essence, is pie in the sky making up shit.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  

JayJuanGee, are you retarded?  I am the originator of this theory.  People like that guy named "Bitfinexed" came WAY after me.  It's even posted on a damn blockchain.  Do you see the date?  It says "3 years ago".  That's how you can tell I was correct, because so many people came after me all with similar conclusions:

https://steemit.com/news/@r0achtheunsavory/bitfinex-is-lying-about-the-hack-and-i-can-tell-you-exactly-what-likely-happened

And a followup post to that one where you can see the insanely scammy bid and sell sides on Bitfinex after it came back up from the supposed "hack".  You can EASILY tell the price there is controlled by a single entity in the screenshot on this post and that entity likely has connections to the people running the exchange because nobody else would store money there after their fake hack:

https://steemit.com/money/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-vol-3-bitfinex-scamming-intensifies-and-more-on-the-silver-and-gold-markets
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:42:32 AM

Huh

This.

I doubt that Ibian is unaware of the USA political usage of the term "anchor baby," and likely, he purposefully used the term in different way, perhaps in order to cause some definitional distress from various readers, as a kind of joke.  And, maybe the joke has become a bit more funny because of jbreher's perception of a necessity to explain the current USA political usage of the term "anchor baby?"

Jokes are not so good when explained, but as you may recall, infofront had already said that he could not travel as easily, in part, because of baby, which could imply that said baby is anchoring down infofront's mobility. 

I better not attempt to explain more because the joke is going to become even less funny, perhaps?    Cry Cry Cry

It might've been a joke that was lost on me (and jbreher it seems). I know Ibian is European, so I figured he was just misunderstanding the term.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:52:11 AM
Merited by Globb0 (1)

Top merit horses of all time

Edit:  I missed xhomerx also on that list !

Need to subtract the airdrops to see the true picture of merit leaders

IMHO

Not really, I and i'm sure others give less to peops that are already Legendary.

Edit: shit its already subtracted, can't keep up with this thread.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:58:55 AM

JayJuanGee, are you retarded?  I am the originator of this theory.  People like that guy named "Bitfinexed" came WAY after me.  It's even posted on a damn blockchain.  Do you see the date?  It says "3 years ago".  That's how you can tell I was correct, because so many people came after me all with similar conclusions:

https://steemit.com/news/@r0achtheunsavory/bitfinex-is-lying-about-the-hack-and-i-can-tell-you-exactly-what-likely-happened

And a followup post to that one where you can see the insanely scammy bid and sell sides on Bitfinex after it came back up from the supposed "hack".  You can EASILY tell the price there is controlled by a single entity in the screenshot on this post and that entity likely has connections to the people running the exchange because nobody else would store money there after their fake hack:

https://steemit.com/money/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-vol-3-bitfinex-scamming-intensifies-and-more-on-the-silver-and-gold-markets

Perhaps you were the leader of the loonies?   the seminal loon, so to speak?   I doubt it, but perhaps?  If so, congratulations would be in order for you, insightful sir.   Wink

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:05:02 AM

Huh

This.

It might've been a joke that was lost on me (and jbreher it seems). I know Ibian is European, so I figured he was just misunderstanding the term.

Ibian seems to be pretty up-to-date on various USA politics, especially the right winged stuff.  He should be able to easily clarify what he meant.  It is not out of the question that I could have read his post wrong?
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4080

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:07:01 AM

Good evening all.

Bitcoin continues to trade in a narrow channel and volume remains low. Carry on.

D

#stronghands'19

In other news we celebrate the one year anniversary of the launch of the Falcon Heavy and Starman. The roadster is cruising along just outside the orbit of Mars and can be tracked here.

https://www.whereisroadster.com/

----------

Our resident Artificer has offered an approved upgrade and I graciously have accepted. amazeballz

thank ya homer

Take care
 xhomerx10

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:37:42 AM

Anyone else notice Toxic2040's charts are employing so much bogus witchcraft the screen isn't readable at all?  Then after going through all this effort, he doesn't even attempt to make an inference as to what the market is doing? It's like his only goal is to create the world's most ugly chart for no reason.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1451

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:57:31 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I think I have "capitulated".

No, I haven't sold. Any. There's no point for me to do that... not at this price, not at any price. But I am slowly losing hope I will see Bitcoin recovering its previous heights. It's more like I have accepted to ride this thing to hell.

Normally I would consider that feeling to be a great contrarian indicator... so bullish. But when I say I am losing hope I really mean it this time. (I) Never before felt like this.

I am struggling to post this or not. But it wouldn't be honest not to share my feeling just to avoid the (probably justified) critic/flame.

I wish to be wrong though. Would even wish for a pump right after I press the "Post" button.

I have never sold a single Bitcoin (trading doesn't count) but now I am starting to understand why some people finally "break".

Still struggling to post..... but will do it, just don't be too hard on me and my current negative view... maybe it is really even a good thing if there's more people feeling the same... or maybe not. Whateva.

* THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVISE, IT'S JUST ME SHARING SOME THOUGHT/FEELING.... MOST PROBABLY COMPLETELY WRONG... HOPE SO.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4080

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:08:30 AM

----------

I think I have "capitulated".

No.

....MOST PROBABLY COMPLETELY WRONG..  HOPE  SO.

Stronghands'19
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:29:30 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2019, 05:42:15 AM by JayJuanGee

Anyone else notice Toxic2040's charts are employing so much bogus witchcraft the screen isn't readable at all?  Then after going through all this effort, he doesn't even attempt to make an inference as to what the market is doing? It's like his only goal is to create the world's most ugly chart for no reason.

These markets getting you down, too, Roach?

ToxicChart renditions are supposed to be a rorschach test, I believe.
Pages: « 1 ... 22471 22472 22473 22474 22475 22476 22477 22478 22479 22480 22481 22482 22483 22484 22485 22486 22487 22488 22489 22490 22491 22492 22493 22494 22495 22496 22497 22498 22499 22500 22501 22502 22503 22504 22505 22506 22507 22508 22509 22510 22511 22512 22513 22514 22515 22516 22517 22518 22519 22520 [22521] 22522 22523 22524 22525 22526 22527 22528 22529 22530 22531 22532 22533 22534 22535 22536 22537 22538 22539 22540 22541 22542 22543 22544 22545 22546 22547 22548 22549 22550 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 ... 33173 »
  Print  

Jump to: