May 06, 2024, 05:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 10945 10946 10947 10948 10949 10950 10951 10952 10953 10954 10955 10956 10957 10958 10959 10960 10961 10962 10963 10964 10965 10966 10967 10968 10969 10970 10971 10972 10973 10974 10975 10976 10977 10978 10979 10980 10981 10982 10983 10984 10985 10986 10987 10988 10989 10990 10991 10992 10993 10994 [10995] 10996 10997 10998 10999 11000 11001 11002 11003 11004 11005 11006 11007 11008 11009 11010 11011 11012 11013 11014 11015 11016 11017 11018 11019 11020 11021 11022 11023 11024 11025 11026 11027 11028 11029 11030 11031 11032 11033 11034 11035 11036 11037 11038 11039 11040 11041 11042 11043 11044 11045 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372709 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:42:42 PM

I'm looking at DRK's long term price and am wondering if this is where BTC is now. It had a similar overshoot back in August and that was its low. If BTC is (hopefully), then very little will happen in 2015 (which is actually what we want because the public may finally view it as finally having matured). Yes this is a much smaller cap alt, but alts do the same thing BTC has done, just on a smaller time and length scale due to liquidity. It's amazing how fractal trends look and it almost doesn't matter what it is trading against.

If this ends up happening, 2015 will be flat, and so coincidentally the 2016 block halving may be the time for a new rise?

Is it critical that the next week might be critical? Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:50:39 PM

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/randomwalker/nine-awesome-bitcoin-projects-at-princeton/

I think we are well past the 'experiment' stage when the best and brightest are doing bitcoin for final year projects ... this is not beanie babies and tulips we are dealing with here you chumps.

Some really awesome projects in here btw, these guys are doing great work, engaged and excited by it ... go find that on wall st.

So the brightest and best are experimenting with BTC, that's great

You would come across a lot better if you dropped the insulting attitude BTW
Warren Buffett

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:55:06 PM

With their currencies tanking, why aren't Greeks and Russians buying more bitcoins?

Because a tulip scheme is not better than a bad currency.
gibbtek

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:56:47 PM

I am thinking of opening an account on bitfinex, unless somebody advises against it, if not would anybody have a referred code for it? thanks
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:59:57 PM

Coin
Explanation
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:01:32 PM

... just dressing for the occasion. I didn't create the cesspit this place has become.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2784
Merit: 1813

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:05:57 PM

no one wants to test those walls on bitfinex.

smells like another bull trap in the making.

I just noticed that USD swaps on bitfinex never went under 10 millions since the november 2013. bubble.

Unless those walls get tired of waiting  Wink

They were there yesterday so don't count on it Sad

Yeah and no one took them for two days now. If you want to exit and have few thousand BTC here's your perfect opportunity to do so without much slippage on Finex. Now if you want to buy BTC10k you either have to pay for slippage or just put up a wall and hope someone will bite
phoenix1

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:06:47 PM

... just dressing for the occasion. I didn't create the cesspit this place has become.

Do you think that will help ? I don't
Not disagreeing about the amount of drivel and trolls in here though  Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:14:38 PM

He's just riding the mood, you big poo head.
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 10:18:54 PM

The stupid token just bores me to death right now. I'm waiting for those twinkledouchebags to release some cosmic countdowns for their exchange or something. Two, three days is just too much to wait for the final capitulation dump.
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:19:54 PM

I am thinking of opening an account on bitfinex, unless somebody advises against it, if not would anybody have a referred code for it? thanks

Bitfinex with their inside trading (manipulating).. could be new Gox soon. So yah, deposit only as much as you are willing to risk.

You logic doesn't make sense to me.
Assuming their insider information really helps them to gain an effective advantage and thus continuously make them money then you should assume they want to keep this operation running (as is) as long as possible. Why would you assume they are and will continue to constantly loosing money while trying to exploit their presumed (but technically proven to be ineffective) advantage (assuming they make more losses than profits) or choose to steal everything (thus becoming actual criminals) rather than continuing an already profitable operation (without effective legal problems)?

I think the Gox insider trading (Markus/Willy) was presumed to be a last (failed) attempt to recover funds which had been lost already (due to an earlier hack). But the new theories tend to think otherwise (those bots didn't belong to Karpeles but a [inside or outside] hacker who used them to steal the funds).
phoenix1

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:26:59 PM

He's just riding the mood, you big poo head.

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:46:29 PM

Bitfinex with their inside trading (manipulating).. could be new Gox soon. So yah, deposit only as much as you are willing to risk.

Assuming their insider information really helps them to gain an effective advantage and thus continuously make them money then you should assume they want to keep this operation running (as is) as long as possible. Why would you assume they are and will continue to constantly loosing money while trying to exploit their presumed (but technically proven to be ineffective) advantage (assuming they make more losses than profits) or choose to steal everything (thus becoming actual criminals) rather than continuing an already profitable operation (without effective legal problems)?

I think the Gox insider trading (Markus/Willy) was presumed to be a last (failed) attempt to recover funds which had been lost already (due to an earlier hack). But the new theories tend to think otherwise (those bots didn't belong to Karpeles but a [inside or outside] hacker who used them to steal the funds).

Well... they admitted inside trading. They already have a gold mine (fees + lending), so why would they need to destroy they reputation with inside trading? I would say there is something wrong. I did a lot of trading there and I still do, but only with a small % of my coins. Just my thoughts Wink

why did karpeles? he had millions form the fees and yet he destroyed his gold mine.

I think the answer is quite simple - he was a poor fucker who wanted more. if spice stops to flow for some reason you can always cook your books and manipulate order books with non existing fiat/coins.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:51:14 PM

Well... they admitted inside trading. They already have a gold mine (fees + lending), so why would they need to destroy they reputation with inside trading? I would say there is something wrong. I did a lot of trading there and I still do, but only with a small % of my coins. Just my thoughts Wink

I will never trade there again.  I use Okcoin now and I like the interface and iOS app.  I prefer trading futures since I can deposit a small amount and get a good trading position.  I'm not a fan of leaving coins on an exchange.. Also the live help is fantastic
medialab101

Activity: 583

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:53:42 PM

why did karpeles? he had millions form the fees and yet he destroyed his gold mine.

I think the answer is quite simple - he was a poor fucker who wanted more. if spice stops to flow for some reason you can always cook your books and manipulate order books.

Imagine that all the BTC Finex have available for swaps are made up. They use them to short the price and build up huge reserves of cash while driving down the price. At the right time, after they have used the cash they drained out of the ecosystem to buy enough artificially cheap coins, they  stop shorting and start letting the price naturally correct.... profit...
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:54:52 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-30/brazils-economy-verge-total-collapse
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-30/mexican-peso-collapsing

brazilian Real and mexican Peso fiat pyramid schemes unravelling faster than usual
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:59:59 PM

Coin
Explanation
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:02:09 PM

I think the answer is quite simple - he was a poor fucker who wanted more. if spice stops to flow for some reason you can always cook your books and manipulate order books.

Imagine that all the BTC Finex have available for swaps are made up. They use them to short the price and build up huge reserves of cash while driving down the price. At the right time, after they have used the cash they drained out of the ecosystem to buy enough artificially cheap coins, they  stop shorting and start letting the price naturally correct.... profit...

unlikely.

if something is made up then it must be cash.  when cash dries up you come with a hack or withdrawing story.
medialab101

Activity: 583

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:18:51 PM

unlikely.

if something is made up then it must be cash.  when cash dries up you come with a hack or withdrawing story.

Can you explain why this is unlikely?

Bitcoin available for swaps would never leave the internal ledger books if they were lending them to themselves.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:30:57 PM

Luckily, on a bitcoin forum, it is highly unlikely anyone would have serious savings in Brazilian reals.
Pages: « 1 ... 10945 10946 10947 10948 10949 10950 10951 10952 10953 10954 10955 10956 10957 10958 10959 10960 10961 10962 10963 10964 10965 10966 10967 10968 10969 10970 10971 10972 10973 10974 10975 10976 10977 10978 10979 10980 10981 10982 10983 10984 10985 10986 10987 10988 10989 10990 10991 10992 10993 10994 [10995] 10996 10997 10998 10999 11000 11001 11002 11003 11004 11005 11006 11007 11008 11009 11010 11011 11012 11013 11014 11015 11016 11017 11018 11019 11020 11021 11022 11023 11024 11025 11026 11027 11028 11029 11030 11031 11032 11033 11034 11035 11036 11037 11038 11039 11040 11041 11042 11043 11044 11045 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: