May 07, 2024, 09:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16609 16610 16611 16612 16613 16614 16615 16616 16617 16618 16619 16620 16621 16622 16623 16624 16625 16626 16627 16628 16629 16630 16631 16632 16633 16634 16635 16636 16637 16638 16639 16640 16641 16642 16643 16644 16645 16646 16647 16648 16649 16650 16651 16652 16653 16654 16655 16656 16657 16658 [16659] 16660 16661 16662 16663 16664 16665 16666 16667 16668 16669 16670 16671 16672 16673 16674 16675 16676 16677 16678 16679 16680 16681 16682 16683 16684 16685 16686 16687 16688 16689 16690 16691 16692 16693 16694 16695 16696 16697 16698 16699 16700 16701 16702 16703 16704 16705 16706 16707 16708 16709 ... 33331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
droizs

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:22:12 AM

Thanks to this alt joke party I add up more BTC to my acc, thank you very much Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:25:06 AM

In 24 hours Bitcoin's gone up almost $100 on stamp. It was only the fork FUD suppressing the price. Can it keep going up at this rate and rise another $100 tomorrow? I'm happy with anything over $1000.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:38:40 AM

I don't think BU or much else will change in the near future... Status quo" is returning. However BU is gaining back today after a few days of slowing in hash and blocks found. I think if BU was going to happen it would have by now or look more certain anyways, which is does not.

I think the more everyone considers the full scope of a hard fork and the inherent risk, the less attractive it is for a block size solution.

I for one, think the various devs need to go back to the drawing board and present something else. I know miners ultimately hold most of the power to be" but it should be a solution that satisfies most everyone. And find a way for non-miners to have a say. Only thing everyone else can do to be heard is, sell off BTC and put that money in something else. Miners need a buying market to survive.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:51:26 AM

Not looking good I'm sad to say. After this giant crap the egoists, johnny-come-latelys and sociopaths have taken on bitcoin all we can really do is wait for them to officially rage-quit and flounce off in Hearn's taffeta flowing wake .... hunker down, settle in for the long game I guess.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:53:43 AM

I don't think BU or much else will change in the near future... Status quo" is returning. However BU is gaining back today after a few days of slowing in hash and blocks found. I think if BU was going to happen it would have by now or look more certain anyways, which is does not.

I think the more everyone considers the full scope of a hard fork and the inherent risk, the less attractive it is for a block size solution.

I for one, think the various devs need to go back to the drawing board and present something else. I know miners ultimately hold most of the power to be" but it should be a solution that satisfies most everyone. And find a way for non-miners to have a say. Only thing everyone else can do to be heard is, sell off BTC and put that money in something else. Miners need a buying market to survive.

with BU, non-minning nodes has a say.

I think " if BU was going to happen it would have by now " isn't quite right, BU hasn't had a working solution untill recently, not too long ago it was just an idea.
I think BU isn't quite ready to "takeover", even if everyone loved BU, the quality of the code just isn't there...
Maybe they will step up their game now that a lot of hashrate is backing them?
these things can move pretty fast sometimes, and other times just totally stall.

Wait and see...
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:58:27 AM

I think " if BU was going to happen it would have by now " isn't quite right, BU hasn't had a working solution untill recently, not too long ago it was just an idea.
I think BU isn't quite ready to "takeover", even if everyone loved BU, the quality of the code just isn't there...
these things can move pretty fast sometimes, and other times just totally stall.

Wait and see...
All true  Wink
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:07:41 AM

Apparently, ethereum is going to take over bitcoin.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840510.0
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:13:22 AM

Wait and see...

BU is a hare-brained piece of shit that doesn't even stand up to a simple first principles analysis. The code implementation is a disaster but in reality that's the least of its problems. The charlatans who wrote the "white papers" backing up it's foundations are a prize bunch of vindictive assholes. The drivel they wrote is a waste of time even reading, I'm just sorry I'll never get that time back Sad.

Anyone pumping, supporting or god-forbid showing mining support for BU is just simply fucking not worth listening to. Sorry I know it's a favourite of yours but admit it you're mostly a drunken stoner nowadays ... you wouldn't know a good idea if it pissed in your ear.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:32:39 AM

Apparently, ethereum is going to take over bitcoin.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840510.0s
Only problem I see there is, as it stands, ETH takes a lot of mining hash power and electric to produce and would end up probably like bitcoin in that regard (miner dependent but spread across much smaller farms and home miners). On the other hand they keep alive the notion of moving to POS and is a part of the plan, I guess  Roll Eyes

Not that I think ETH will ever become the new BTC of the world, but it or something like it could be just as solid an investment and at much higher value.  Huh

This is before the Dao hack and then fork, and before BTC halving... just remembered reading this back then  Grin

http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-co-founder-ethereum-blow-past-bitcoin/

jury is still out lol
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:33:17 AM

With the closing of today's candle clearly, unambiguously and fairly solidly in the green, I'm going to tentatively call our current price consolidation range as between $950 to $1,150.

Accordingly, I am not going to get too excited if BTC price moves in either direction within what I consider our current consolidation range - until it might look like we could be breaking out of the range in one direction or another.

Furthermore, in spite of the ongoing Hardfork FUD and some other "bitcoin is dead" nonsense, at this time, I will continue to place the odds that a price breakout to the upside of the consolidation range seems to be a bit more likely than a price break out to the downside.

Surely some folks here may have contrary opinions, but not to be too flippant, this is an opinion, so I am not really very wedded to whether I am correct or not.

I am calling the situation in the way that I currently see it, based on a variety of recent price movements and long term fundamentals from my viewpoint.

Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:07:55 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 03:32:02 AM by Killerpotleaf

With the closing of today's candle clearly, unambiguously and fairly solidly in the green, I'm going to tentatively call our current price consolidation range as between $950 to $1,150.

Accordingly, I am not going to get too excited if BTC price moves in either direction within what I consider our current consolidation range - until it might look like we could be breaking out of the range in one direction or another.

Furthermore, in spite of the ongoing Hardfork FUD and some other "bitcoin is dead" nonsense, at this time, I will continue to place the odds that a price breakout to the upside of the consolidation range seems to be a bit more likely than a price break out to the downside.

Surely some folks here may have contrary opinions, but not to be too flippant, this is an opinion, so I am not really very wedded to whether I am correct or not.

I am calling the situation in the way that I currently see it, based on a variety of recent price movements and long term fundamentals from my viewpoint.

agreed!

market should be relatively indifferent to the blocksize ongoing FUD.

For months (if not years!) many have already sold out because of the block-size-debate-FUD
so... who STILL hasn't sold "because forking shit"??

Also market is driven by traders, traders that are unclear of the details... so they probably don't really care "who wins" and all scenarios seem to point to a bullish outcome, the worst case scenario appears to be "double your coins"!!

if anything they should be thinking about pricing in the fact that this debate APPEARS to be coming to a resolution soon, sure the debate is on FIRE, but thats only because "the end is near".

and which ever way it goes, once this stalemate is over, there are very big plans and MASSIVE improvments ready and waiting, "bitcoin is scaling up" the headlines will read, this is massively bullish.

price will go up untill futher notice!  Cool

i hope  Lips sealed
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:30:58 AM

Not looking good I'm sad to say. After this giant crap the egoists, johnny-come-latelys and sociopaths have taken on bitcoin all we can really do is wait for them to officially rage-quit and flounce off in Hearn's taffeta flowing wake .... hunker down, settle in for the long game I guess.

come to the dark side Marcus. We have cookies.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:35:59 AM

Not looking good I'm sad to say.

There is somewhat of a head and shoulders on the USD Index, which is one reason metals are beginning to surge now.  The dollar looks like it will dump lower and send gold and silver higher.  Ironically, instead of the value of bitcoin decreasing as the USD index skyrocketed over the last couple years, the value of bitcoin has actually tracked the value of the dollar and gone up -  mostly because bitcoin's main function is for Chinese white collar criminals to arb money out of the yuan and into US dollars.  

It will be interesting to see what happens in the market if the dollar begins to decline and Chinese no longer want to arb to US dollars.  It's unknown how that will all play out since every country on earth right now seems to be in a race to the bottom to see who can devalue their currency to zero the fastest to get rid of excess debt, and if everyone devalues at once, nothing actually happens.  They would all need to devalue vs gold and silver at once in order to devalue in unison.  

The real story is that people think bitcoin actually trades on it's own merits when it doesn't.  It's always some type of derivative of something else because it's not the unit of account of anything, nor the base of Exter's pyramid.
simmo77

Activity: 373

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:56:28 AM

Apparently, ethereum is going to take over bitcoin.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840510.0

Lol.

Such desperation.

I've seen it time and time again. People missed the BTC train, late to the game, so they're hoping that one of the shitcoins moons.

What shits me is the blatant shilling of alts that is allowed to go on in this thread, not just by york - many others, and especially so in the last couple of weeks.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:04:19 AM

no one's actually running BU.

Another inane ignorant falsehood. I'm running BU. Have been for more than a year.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:06:14 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 04:34:23 AM by jbreher

i got rekt today like you hodlers get rekt earlier this month.

Hodlers don't get r3kt. We hold. Because in the long term, Bitcoin rises. Incessantly.

And a new hodler was born.

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Anyone pumping, supporting or god-forbid showing mining support for BU is just simply fucking not worth listening to.

Nyeah-nyeah, neener, neeeee-ner!  :-P
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:32:44 AM

I'll post here one last time just to give you guys warning. This is going to happen, I pretty much saw it already in my dream.

First of all, there will definitely be a fork. If I'm wrong and there is no fork, Bitcoin will lose the vast majority of its marketshare to better crypto, at that point BTC will be left in the dust, permanently, and nothing on this forum will even matter anymore.

But most likely, there will be a fork. During the ensuing chaos, and mass sell-off wars between the two sides, Bitcoin is going to drop into the double digits... this will be a great opportunity to pick up artificially incredibly cheap coins. Probably the last opportunity, ever. And the price will almost certainly shoot back upwards immediately afterwards once people realize they're a bunch of idiots, and either core or BU emerge victorious.

After the fork is done, and BU emerges the victor by killing off the minority chain, all the marketshare that has flowed into altcoins over the last 2 years will flood back into BTC like a tidal wave as people regain confidence and trust in bitcoin. BTC will shoot up like a rocket ship into the multiple thousands. Of course, this would have happened already had Core not stifled growth with the 1mb artificial blocksize limit.

So if you buy in the double digits then it goes into the multiple thousands, well, I think it goes without saying it's a great opportunity...

I'm 99% sure this is going to be how it plays out, I saw it in my dream, they do tend to come true - most of the time.

Make sure you get yourselves into position. This will be my last post here for a while, I am going to sit back and wait for events to develop. Adios.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:59:12 AM

I'll post here one last time just to give you guys warning. This is going to happen, I pretty much saw it already in my dream.

First of all, there will definitely be a fork. If I'm wrong and there is no fork, Bitcoin will lose the vast majority of its marketshare to better crypto, at that point BTC will be left in the dust, permanently, and nothing on this forum will even matter anymore.

But most likely, there will be a fork. During the ensuing chaos, and mass sell-off wars between the two sides, Bitcoin is going to drop into the double digits... this will be a great opportunity to pick up artificially incredibly cheap coins. Probably the last opportunity, ever. And the price will almost certainly shoot back upwards immediately afterwards once people realize they're a bunch of idiots, and either core or BU emerge victorious.

After the fork is done, and BU emerges the victor by killing off the minority chain, all the marketshare that has flowed into altcoins over the last 2 years will flood back into BTC like a tidal wave as people regain confidence and trust in bitcoin. BTC will shoot up like a rocket ship into the multiple thousands. Of course, this would have happened already had Core not stifled growth with the 1mb artificial blocksize limit.

So if you buy in the double digits then it goes into the multiple thousands, well, I think it goes without saying it's a great opportunity...

I'm 99% sure this is going to be how it plays out, I saw it in my dream, they do tend to come true - most of the time.

Make sure you get yourselves into position. This will be my last post here for a while, I am going to sit back and wait for events to develop. Adios.

Exactly! It may sound wrong. It may in fact be wrong. But the simple twisted fact of life is, that (in the long run) nothing boost investor confidence like a major f**k up. A hard fork for example. Just look at mETH... Wink
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:09:42 AM

Its the best to stay away and stop with trading for ever for me. There is just that one moment when you finally lose your controll and pacience and start making stupid moves.
So i will build my cold stash (trying to increase it with 250%) with my fiat money.

Just remember that holding also requires patience and control. It also requires sufficient resources that you don't have to sell during times of lower prices.

If you're barely getting by and see your holdings worth a fraction of what they were worth, it can be really hard not to sell, especially if you strongly feel the price will keep going down.

Those are the times you should be buying more, albeit incrementally keeping enough spare fiat on hand to buy if it dips further.

Accumulating fiat from your normal income during periods of flat or rising prices is a good policy. That way you're always prepared to buy the dip.

Just never sell.
_______

It does get easier with time.

In my case, it was excruciating watching the price fall from $266 to $50 after originally buying in at $68 and accumulating well over 100 coins at about $120 per coin.

Thankfully, I had enough sense and intestinal fortitude to hold tight, although I did sell 10 coins for $155 on the "dead" cat bounce by placing a high ask and having it met. I then placed a bid at $97 which was soon met. That was my last "trading". After losing 50 coins to MtGox I realized that all my coins should be offline.

By the time the price had crashed from over $1100 to under $200, it was much easier to take in stride. I went into accumulation mode and was adding coins by the dozen while the price was down.

The recent dive from $1700CAD to barely over $1000CAD at the height of the PBOC panic didn't phase me at all. Now we're back at $1370CAD. and I've managed to add several more coins.

It gets easier all the time. If you start to weaken, just remember the story of one pathetic troll who sold all his coins for $10 each and has been embittered ever since.  Cheesy

Yep pretty much mirror's what I've done since 2013. My only gamble with bitcoin selling in a serious way was the KNC Liguidation Sale we managed to angle our way in last summer
when KNC went bankrupt and put together like a bunch of Titan cubes they had laying about (temp workers...lots of breakage thou we bid accordingly)

As such with power supplies had to sell around 10 BTC to cover the power supplies/etc and bank loan the rest....it really, really sucks to sell BTC at around 550 usd (last August?), er
something like that ..and then chase over 900 buck to 1250 usd btc to get back to the 100 btc hoard you started with ....I did mine also my 25k of 2013 electric,knc jupiter
and first (no roi i though) 10,131.80 titan down to nothing thou...so it all worked out

but damn it really really sucked....I much perfered holding bitcoin in 2014 when it tanked

but again I'm odd man out...whatever I've done with BTC and or LTC miners to make BTC to the hoard ...was done MINING..thus puny income/some income/lots of income
it all trickled in

how you guys trade and lose and trade again is beyond me...I went the hardware way of risk....run the gerbils and hope they mine more then the miner before they up
an brick themselves....but truthfully it mainly worked thru finding used or bankrupt or the liguidation sale deals on new/used equip since 2014..the last NEW miner
I bought was Nov 2014 orig titan...

my next piece of advice follows your point....'attic mining' I have 5k of crap in my attic if I can get it on ebay..(so boring) but that is likely the 'safest' way to get BTC
at a home miner kinda way now .......so that is the next goal..but it is sooooo mind numbingly 'office space' cubicle drudgery...but still more attractive then trading
for BTC and such

my 'cowardice' types of methods of BTC accumulation are fine thank you...and still mining ...not sure what is up with LTC but go baby go...need to swap you for btc Smiley

york780

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:23:11 AM

Looks like some idiot is thinking that bitcoinplus is the new forked bitcoin lol. +1000%  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 16609 16610 16611 16612 16613 16614 16615 16616 16617 16618 16619 16620 16621 16622 16623 16624 16625 16626 16627 16628 16629 16630 16631 16632 16633 16634 16635 16636 16637 16638 16639 16640 16641 16642 16643 16644 16645 16646 16647 16648 16649 16650 16651 16652 16653 16654 16655 16656 16657 16658 [16659] 16660 16661 16662 16663 16664 16665 16666 16667 16668 16669 16670 16671 16672 16673 16674 16675 16676 16677 16678 16679 16680 16681 16682 16683 16684 16685 16686 16687 16688 16689 16690 16691 16692 16693 16694 16695 16696 16697 16698 16699 16700 16701 16702 16703 16704 16705 16706 16707 16708 16709 ... 33331 »
  Print  

Jump to: