June 20, 2024, 09:03:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16638 16639 16640 16641 16642 16643 16644 16645 16646 16647 16648 16649 16650 16651 16652 16653 16654 16655 16656 16657 16658 16659 16660 16661 16662 16663 16664 16665 16666 16667 16668 16669 16670 16671 16672 16673 16674 16675 16676 16677 16678 16679 16680 16681 16682 16683 16684 16685 16686 16687 [16688] 16689 16690 16691 16692 16693 16694 16695 16696 16697 16698 16699 16700 16701 16702 16703 16704 16705 16706 16707 16708 16709 16710 16711 16712 16713 16714 16715 16716 16717 16718 16719 16720 16721 16722 16723 16724 16725 16726 16727 16728 16729 16730 16731 16732 16733 16734 16735 16736 16737 16738 ... 33465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403889 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:44:05 PM

It already had the split of chains happened so that is out of the way

If it can do it once, it can do it again, and again and again.

And if their prime concern is market policing, ETH/ETC is in no way 'better' than BTC. Witness the stealth launch of ETC on Poloniex. That's the type of thing that has regulators creaming their knickers.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:57:14 PM

Mexico announced a bill saying "Bitcoin is officially viewed as a digital asset to Mexican exchanges"
https://news.bitcoin.com/mexico-bill-bitcoin-game-changer/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Will this designation improve or hinder bitcoin's growth in the long run?
It is a good publication for bitcoin but some may not accept it or even oppose it, maybe in the long run it may but people are afraid of changes once in a while.
It is strange to see Mexico designate it as such s a and Japan viewing it viable fiat which can be used in their banking system while Thailand has straight out banned it from being used at all.
Until the day that every country can just accept it for it is then I am afraid bitcoin will never come in being recognized as a true currency that it should be.
Arcteryx

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:59:26 PM

Megaupload pump?

I'M READY
during the last 2 years this is the third attempt I guess

So this is the reason for the sudden increase in price over the last 24 hours?
I was wondering what was making it go up so quickly.

nope , pump started a lot sooner than the announcement

Reason for the pump Cheesy
And why should pixel mapping be the reason for it's current pump up of over $1150?
The attention maybe?  Undecided
I think not.
I do think it has to do with something with dash tanking hard.
But then again that is just me. Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:02:08 PM

"everyone hates segwit"?

nah mate.

ok segwit has the most "consensus", not everyone hates it, some poeple love it, but its not like it isn't contentious for a large %, if that wasn't true why would there be all this controversy...  

The mere fact that there is controversy does not mean that the controversy is valid.

If you got a bunch of nutjob shills that are able to convince others to whine about a bunch of stuff that seems to make sense (but really does not make sense) based on a bunch of misinformation, that still does not make the astro-turf controversy valid.

Bullshit,what we have here is:

By the way Jay,in case you didn't notice BITCOIN IS ALREADY CENTRALIZED!!!!!!!!

How much hashrate do you little peons have?? 20%  30% I don't think that will effect ANY changes in Bitcoin  Cheesy

I don't know what you are talking about.

It seems that you are accusing me of the thing that you are doing, and for what purpose?  What point are you trying to make?

I think that you are trying to confuse matters, and you are framing the current situation in some kind of incorrect way... also known as mischaracterizing the current situation including your attempt to describe what is core and what is core's role and what is seg wit in the scheme of the current situation..

Core and it's vision of bitcoin still constitutes the longest chain, in the last couple of years we have had three named proposals that were aimed to be hostile attempts to take over BTC by creating a hardfork and changing governance.  First, XT then Classic, then the current version of BU et al.  So far, none of these hostile take over attempts have been successful, but they do not give up on spouting various kinds of threats and attempting to get more and more people (maybe miners, etc) to get on board with their vision.  Sometimes, especially recently, they also dupe folks into actually thinking their threat is actually going to take place and to threaten the well-being of bitcoin.

The fact that bitcoin is not changing does not make it "centralized" as you like to conclude, but so far it is still showing that a centralized kind of take over is not an easy thing to accomplish - even with this most recent attempt that did seem to at least have some kind of smoke screen of support that was showing 50% of the mining or something like that depending on how you piece meal together the miners and whether they would actually follow if a hard fork were to occur.

So segwit is another question that is separate from core, but it is a scaling and malleability "solution" that has gone through the official channels to be proposed, then discussed, then agreed upon and then coded and then tested and then gone to the signaling stage.  Initially, it was a pretty non-controversial upgrade, but the whiners have seemed to have gotten a lot of misinformation out there about segwit but also the whiners are quite a bit disingenuous anyhow in terms of really having bitcoin's interests at heart - rather than buying into bullshit conspiracy theories.  So yeah, in the end, recently, this seg wit proposal seems to be getting into the 30% of support on the mining end, and of course it seems to have larger levels of support in other non-mining circles.  We are about 6 months into seg wit signaling, and maybe it will continue to increase, and maybe bitcoin will have to figure out a way to survive without seg wit. 

Personally, I am thinking that seg wit is so obviously a good thing that it is likely going to end up being implemented in one way or another - even if it may take bitcoin a couple of years to get there.  But what do I know?  There are a lot of unknowns in the future, which makes it difficult to predict with any kind of precision, but I can still venture my own estimations.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3461
Merit: 4425

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:43:14 PM

Another poll that shows uss the market wants Segwit NOT BU.

Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:44:31 PM

Megaupload pump?

I'M READY
during the last 2 years this is the third attempt I guess

So this is the reason for the sudden increase in price over the last 24 hours?
I was wondering what was making it go up so quickly.

nope , pump started a lot sooner than the announcement

Reason for the pump Cheesy
And why should pixel mapping be the reason for it's current pump up of over $1150?
The attention maybe?  Undecided
I think not.

You may be right ,a picture could not trigger this pump, probably the rise was caused because May has forgone wearing a headscarf  Undecided

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 02:18:24 PM

Mexico announced a bill saying "Bitcoin is officially viewed as a digital asset to Mexican exchanges"
https://news.bitcoin.com/mexico-bill-bitcoin-game-changer/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It is a good publication for bitcoin but some may not accept it or even oppose it, maybe in the long run it may but people are afraid of changes once in a while.
It is strange to see Mexico designate it as such s a and Japan viewing it viable fiat which can be used in their banking system while Thailand has straight out banned it from being used at all.
Until the day that every country can just accept it for it is then I am afraid bitcoin will never come in being recognized as a true currency that it should be.

Do not ever believe it when a news article states that a country has banned Bitcoin. Most people do not verify it because they do not speak the native language.

Every time I have checked into one of these "X country just banned Bitcoin!", it is usually the central bank making a statement that they will not allow Bitcoin on their system. It's like saying that Burger King burgers are banned because the CEO of McDonalds releases a statement saying that no Burger King burgers will be sold by McDonalds. Then McDonalds goes on to warn about the risk you are taking by eating a Burger King burger.

Sure, some central banks have a tighter hold on their country's government than others but there is never a ban. If you go on localbitcoins you can buy/sell in every country in the world except Germany. And that is only because Germany declared Bitcoin a "private money". But in so doing, they tied all of their regulations to money to Bitcoin which included having a license to run an exchange (and they considered localbitcoins an exchange).
Arcteryx

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:32:51 PM

Do not ever believe it when a news article states that a country has banned Bitcoin. Most people do not verify it because they do not speak the native language.

Every time I have checked into one of these "X country just banned Bitcoin!", it is usually the central bank making a statement that they will not allow Bitcoin on their system. It's like saying that Burger King burgers are banned because the CEO of McDonalds releases a statement saying that no Burger King burgers will be sold by McDonalds. Then McDonalds goes on to warn about the risk you are taking by eating a Burger King burger.

Sure, some central banks have a tighter hold on their country's government than others but there is never a ban. If you go on localbitcoins you can buy/sell in every country in the world except Germany. And that is only because Germany declared Bitcoin a "private money". But in so doing, they tied all of their regulations to money to Bitcoin which included having a license to run an exchange (and they considered localbitcoins an exchange).
Well banned isn't the right word my mistake. But Thailand are arresting people for using it so it is a law.
And I didn't see this on the news. It was mentioned on here by another member. So this is were I first heard of it. And I was also in a questionable sense when I heard of this.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:04:49 PM

Well banned isn't the right word my mistake. But Thailand are arresting people for using it so it is a law.
And I didn't see this on the news. It was mentioned on here by another member. So this is were I first heard of it. And I was also in a questionable sense when I heard of this.

proof that 'thailand is arresting people ?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 03:32:34 PM

Fair enough. Most likely anyone arrested was arrested for something else but it was reported to sound like they were arrested for using bitcoins. Bitcoin is alive and well in Thailand. I was in Vietnam where people talk about it being illegal and I was able to use my first Bitcoin ATM right in middle of the city.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:39:06 PM

Good AM Bitcoinland.

Down a smidgen I see but still basically sideways... $1128USD (Bitcoinaverage).

3rd day in a row over $1100 and still consolidating.

Almost time to start moving up again.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

^mexico has COMPUTERS? :-D  wow !
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:46:27 PM

Translation: CHEWBACCA SOUNDS.

You talk too much and say too little. You do this because you have no reasonable grounds for your positions. You are literally chewbacca. Brevity is the mark of a rational and intelligent man.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:09:34 PM

You talk too much and say too little. You do this because you have no reasonable grounds for your positions. You are literally chewbacca. Brevity is the mark of a rational and intelligent man.

Within the context of my posts, I have personal discretion regarding the number and kind of words to make any of my point(s) within any way that I deem adequate for my purpose(s) which I do.  including emojis    Tongue

Whether you agree, understand, believe that you understand or would make the points in another way is likely another story, and I doubt that you are really reading nor understand my substance or attempting to engage with the substance.

For example, you judgmental dumbass, in your above post, you selectively chose one sentence of my post in order to make your point, to engage in an ad hominem attack, yet you did not demonstrate any knowledge, understanding nor attempt to engage with any of the remaining substance of that particular post.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:15:07 PM

guess what... EVERYONE HATES IT!  Cheesy

why change things when you have 0MB of mempool during a week ?
http://statoshi.info/dashboard/db/memory-pool?from=1488827638307&to=1491416038307

i prefer MORE RULES (BIPS = https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/ ) over the nodes of Bitcoin ... like the BIP152 ...  Grin

Code:
+Compact Block support (BIP 152)
+-------------------------------
+
+Support for block relay using the Compact Blocks protocol has been implemented
+in PR 8068.
+
+The primary goal is reducing the bandwidth spikes at relay time, though in many
+cases it also reduces propagation delay. It is automatically enabled between
+compatible peers.
+[BIP 152](https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0152.mediawiki)
+
+As a side-effect, ordinary non-mining nodes will download and upload blocks
+faster if those blocks were produced by miners using similar transaction
+filtering policies. This means that a miner who produces a block with many
+transactions discouraged by your node will be relayed slower than one with
+only transactions already in your memory pool. The overall effect of such
+relay differences on the network may result in blocks which include widely-
+discouraged transactions losing a stale block race, and therefore miners may
+wish to configure their node to take common relay policies into consideration.
+
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:24:17 PM

Thailand never banned bitcoin. That was a misinterpretation of a memo from a bank that actually didn't even have the power.

And re Thailand 'arresting people for using" bitcoin. Lol. Where on earth did that stupid idea come from?
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:32:27 PM

alright everyone.. really time to get pimpin.. i mean pumpin. what everyone waiting on ??
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

"everyone hates segwit"?

nah mate.

ok segwit has the most "consensus", not everyone hates it, some poeple love it, but its not like it isn't contentious for a large %, if that wasn't true why would there be all this controversy...  

The mere fact that there is controversy does not mean that the controversy is valid.

If you got a bunch of nutjob shills that are able to convince others to whine about a bunch of stuff that seems to make sense (but really does not make sense) based on a bunch of misinformation, that still does not make the astro-turf controversy valid.

Bullshit,what we have here is:

By the way Jay,in case you didn't notice BITCOIN IS ALREADY CENTRALIZED!!!!!!!!

How much hashrate do you little peons have?? 20%  30% I don't think that will effect ANY changes in Bitcoin  Cheesy

It seems that you are accusing me of the thing that you are doing, and for what purpose?  What point are you trying to make?

he does have a valid point .
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:46:12 PM

CHEWBACCA SOUNDS.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:54:03 PM

alright everyone.. really time to get pimpin.. i mean pumpin. what everyone waiting on ??

Bitcoin and Ethereum going down because of Litecoin hype. There's something bigger than litecoin crawling up guys. Anyone of you watching ETC pattern?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 16638 16639 16640 16641 16642 16643 16644 16645 16646 16647 16648 16649 16650 16651 16652 16653 16654 16655 16656 16657 16658 16659 16660 16661 16662 16663 16664 16665 16666 16667 16668 16669 16670 16671 16672 16673 16674 16675 16676 16677 16678 16679 16680 16681 16682 16683 16684 16685 16686 16687 [16688] 16689 16690 16691 16692 16693 16694 16695 16696 16697 16698 16699 16700 16701 16702 16703 16704 16705 16706 16707 16708 16709 16710 16711 16712 16713 16714 16715 16716 16717 16718 16719 16720 16721 16722 16723 16724 16725 16726 16727 16728 16729 16730 16731 16732 16733 16734 16735 16736 16737 16738 ... 33465 »
  Print  

Jump to: