June 19, 2024, 11:58:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18711 18712 18713 18714 18715 18716 18717 18718 18719 18720 18721 18722 18723 18724 18725 18726 18727 18728 18729 18730 18731 18732 18733 18734 18735 18736 18737 18738 18739 18740 18741 18742 18743 18744 18745 18746 18747 18748 18749 18750 18751 18752 18753 18754 18755 18756 18757 18758 18759 18760 [18761] 18762 18763 18764 18765 18766 18767 18768 18769 18770 18771 18772 18773 18774 18775 18776 18777 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 ... 33462 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403443 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:21:34 AM

Let me get this straight first. The average fee was $100 CAD (whatever that is), but he decided to pay $40. Then got impatient and decided to pay another $300.
These are the bcash thought-leaders.

I just spat out a mouthful of beautiful 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon all over my monitor from laughing so hard, you asshole.
How long does it take to develop an appreciation for wine? I was actually quite surprised at how quickly it worked with scotch, but even after the fact I didn't find myself enjoying wine and just stopped trying. Been a while though and actually curious.
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:23:43 AM

Talking about Blockstream.... What is that business doing? I mean, wasn't LN one of their main "products"? What's their excuse considering that Segwit has been active on mainnet for almost half a year now (and planned for years)?

I can understand most core developers are volunteers and they have done much more than anyone would expect... but don't business have their own hired team of developers? Have they given any approximate ETA?

I remember reading a similar comment from Torque.

I imagine that it must be very, very annoying because the promises of salvation have not been fulfilled, and hell is already here. Maybe that explains his bad character.

So as Bitcoiners, do we have a right to be pissed if there are no immediate LN related launches?

I mean, the Core devs and the rest of the community have acted like these LN technologies and apps have been coded, tested, and sitting around ready to go for the better part of a year or two now. And preaching that the miners have been blocking these 'ready-to-go LN apps' for all this time.

If I don't see something around LN immediately launched after SegWit lock-in, I'm gonna get seriously irritated.  Angry
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:27:53 AM

Sure you can.  Just ask your BCash is Bitcoin friends

= higher fees

Actually, it is to be expected that an empty block is mined if it comes within a minute of the last block. The pools cannot grind to a halt when their node is verifying the transactions of the last block. The verification of all the transactions in the previous block needs to be completed before a pool can start including transactions.(They need to basically remove the included transactions from their mempool.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:39:09 AM

How long does it take to develop an appreciation for wine?

It took me a decade or so before my palate got refined enough to enjoy and recognize the subtleties.

EDIT: Visiting Napa wineries, taking tours, joining their clubs, attending events, speaking to all the various individual vintners. There is a lot to learn, and you almost need your hand held through the process to fully learn about wine.

It really is a hoity-toity sorta thing. Kinda embarrassing in a way, but, what you gonna do ?
I don't really care much about what others think if there's something interesting to explore. There's too many interesting things to choose from though, so I usually find myself drawn into one direction for a while before I start getting a little bored and look for something else.

How frequently did you drink during that decade? When I started experimenting with scotch I went a little overboard and poured myself a dram or two every day for a few weeks and went from tasting just alcohol to tasting sweetness to being able to discern the type of sweetness (fruity/syrupy) to being able to tell types of fruits among other things. A particular whisky just reaked and tasted like cigarette butts for a while too before opening up into a bacon bonfire with a basked of fruit thrown into it. It was quite intruiging to watch things develop so quickly, I expected it to take much longer. When I toned down I found myself losing that ability though, similar to how your muscles degrade once you stop working out, just on a different time scale. A decade seems like quite some work though, damn.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:45:43 AM

Sure you can.  Just ask your BCash is Bitcoin friends

= higher fees

Actually, it is to be expected that an empty block is mined if it comes within a minute of the last block. The pools cannot grind to a halt when their node is verifying the transactions of the last block. The verification of all the transactions in the previous block needs to be completed before a pool can start including transactions.(They need to basically remove the included transactions from their mempool.)

No, it's a choice they make and some are worse than others.  Bitfury mining pool chooses not to mine empty blocks.

Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:50:59 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 04:02:48 AM by Rosewater Foundation

Moonshine in a rusty cup. Flavor country.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

How frequently did you drink during that decade?

Wine mostly on weekends. More of a beer dude during the week. Tried to get into Scotch, but I just can't get over the bitterness and harshness of it. Not my thing, unfortunately.

I did go through a savage tequila phase in my younger years, and haven't touched the stuff in over 25 years. Won't touch anything with tequila in it. Makes me unbelievably nauseous nowadays.

Good times, in retrospect.
I found that the glass makes a huge difference. Also have to nose the shit out of scotch/whisky before sipping on it to adjust your expectations. If I just try to drink it right away it doesn't really taste good even now, and depending on the glass the palette and aroma differ quite drastically too. If you keep it in your mouth the burn will happen in there and not while swallowing too, which opens up more flavour. Also, there are tons of different scotches which vary quite massively. Islay ones usually kick your ass (the aforementioned cigarette butts). Meanwhile Speyside whiskys are quite smooth and sweet.

And yeah, I had my tequilla phase as well. For some reason it was the go-to drink when I was young. Perhaps because of the involved salt and lemon ritual that makes "getting drunk" seem more "refined" or whatever.

Wonder if I could grind through wine in a similar way as I did with scotch now though. Maybe I'll take a break from my occasional drinking to try a wine experiment sometime soon.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:04:21 AM

No, it's a choice they make and some are worse than others.  Bitfury mining pool chooses not to mine empty blocks.

Bitfury is also a private pool. So they do not have to be concerned with other miners as they pause after every solved block(that isn't their own.) If I were a miner and had my hash pointed at the pool, and my miner wasn't receiving work for about 20 seconds after almost every block, I would move my hash elsewhere.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:06:01 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/bitcoin-jesus-says-investors-should-be-ready-in-case-bitcoin-falls-out-of-favor.html

* Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com, said on CNBC's "Fast Money" that for years he's recommended investors not hold bitcoin on exchanges, which can be hacked.

* But right now, he said, investors may want to keep their holdings on an exchange so they can easily transfer their funds into another digital coin in case bitcoin falls out of popularity.

Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com, said Wednesday on CNBC's "Fast Money" that "bitcoin miners" may shift their processing power over to bitcoin cash if the offshoot becomes popular enough.

As a result, "you might want to consider holding your bitcoins on your exchange, so if there's a mass exodus of people rushing for the door, your money will already be on the exchange, so you can sell your bitcoin core coins for more bitcoin cash or whatever else you want," Ver said.

This guy is even more insane than I thought...
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:06:56 AM

Moonshine in a rusty cup. Flavor country.

Is there a high res version of that gif?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/bitcoin-jesus-says-investors-should-be-ready-in-case-bitcoin-falls-out-of-favor.html

* Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com, said on CNBC's "Fast Money" that for years he's recommended investors not hold bitcoin on exchanges, which can be hacked.

* But right now, he said, investors may want to keep their holdings on an exchange so they can easily transfer their funds into another digital coin in case bitcoin falls out of popularity.

Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com, said Wednesday on CNBC's "Fast Money" that "bitcoin miners" may shift their processing power over to bitcoin cash if the offshoot becomes popular enough.

As a result, "you might want to consider holding your bitcoins on your exchange, so if there's a mass exodus of people rushing for the door, your money will already be on the exchange, so you can sell your bitcoin core coins for more bitcoin cash or whatever else you want," Ver said.

Inb4 more hacked exchanges. Wonder if he's just an establishment puppet.
goggles

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:11:38 AM

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/12/20/bitcoin-jesus-says-investors-should-be-ready-in-case-bitcoin-falls-out-of-favor.html

Most my coins are on the exchange too. The MtGox exchange.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:15:35 AM

I tried to send a loaf of bread using a postage stamp once. The post is officially worse than Blockstream!
Are you serious
Do I look serious?
Dead serious.

I don't know if you guys are superstitious, but the fact that 23k doesn't exist on the poll might just mean that's where it'll land.
Now, if they change the poll so that you can vote for 23k, that means it won't happen.
I say Don't Touch That Dial!
Schroedinger's poll?
Now you have me thinking "Schroedinger's Troll". But yes, these fees are getting stupid. Maybe it's time to boost the blocksize......

Yeah... it makes sense to give in to the terrorists.. that will fix everything, right?    Roll Eyes
Of course it does. Imagine we all went up and supported ISIS. Humanity would probably cease to exist in a relatively short span of time, which would fix all human problems once and for all.

EXACTLY.....

We should just let the terrorist keep cutting off heads, arms and digits until they are blue in the face.. because we are not giving in, and we don't care if it is our precious baby, either.   Tongue

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:21:01 AM

Bitfury is also a private pool. So they do not have to be concerned with other miners as they pause after every solved block(that isn't their own.) If I were a miner and had my hash pointed at the pool, and my miner wasn't receiving work for about 20 seconds after almost every block, I would move my hash elsewhere.

Fair enough but I wouldn't mine a pool that didn't include the fees in my reward... I guess you would.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:28:29 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 04:42:43 AM by bones261

Fair enough but I wouldn't mine a pool that didn't include the fees in my reward... I guess you would.

ViaBTC does share the transaction fees with the miners if you pick the PPLNS or SOLO option. If I did have an Asic that wasn't obsolete, I would probably point it at Slush pool. Smiley

Antpool, however, does not share the transaction fees with the miners in exchange for a bonus and no fees. So we can rag on them.  Grin
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:40:35 AM

Hes just cunning.  The EDA worked exactly as intended, allowing Bcash to be pre-mined under everyone’s noses.  Now he wants to dump his shitcoins for your BTC.  It’s perfectly rational albeit sociopathic behavior.
goggles

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:42:58 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-exchange-etherdelta-suspends-following-042628529.html

Another exchange I never heard of. RIP
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:55:58 AM

I remember reading a similar comment from Torque.

I imagine that it must be very, very annoying because the promises of salvation have not been fulfilled, and hell is already here. Maybe that explains his bad character.

So as Bitcoiners, do we have a right to be pissed if there are no immediate LN related launches?

I mean, the Core devs and the rest of the community have acted like these LN technologies and apps have been coded, tested, and sitting around ready to go for the better part of a year or two now. And preaching that the miners have been blocking these 'ready-to-go LN apps' for all this time.

If I don't see something around LN immediately launched after SegWit lock-in, I'm gonna get seriously irritated.  Angry

Hmm... Will we see backpedaling in 3... 2... 1...
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:56:24 AM

I wonder if CNBC will report on the deflippening with the same journalistic unflappability. That network is suddenly part of our machine, and I dun like it.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:56:44 AM

I’m starting to see some pressure on alts as BTC recovers.  The real question is how far Bcash will slide in the next 8 hours and whether they let it rest for a bit.  My guess is that the whales will go quiet and then have a special Xmas surprise in store.  
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:57:37 AM

The EDA worked exactly as intended, allowing Bcash to be pre-mined under everyone’s noses.  

No. The commonly accepted definition for 'premine' includes exclusive access to mining by permissioned parties only. The Bitcoin Cash mining was always completely open.
Pages: « 1 ... 18711 18712 18713 18714 18715 18716 18717 18718 18719 18720 18721 18722 18723 18724 18725 18726 18727 18728 18729 18730 18731 18732 18733 18734 18735 18736 18737 18738 18739 18740 18741 18742 18743 18744 18745 18746 18747 18748 18749 18750 18751 18752 18753 18754 18755 18756 18757 18758 18759 18760 [18761] 18762 18763 18764 18765 18766 18767 18768 18769 18770 18771 18772 18773 18774 18775 18776 18777 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 ... 33462 »
  Print  

Jump to: